March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

August Patch Speculation Thread 2021 (Patch Up Now)

catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
Time to start speculating on the Next Patch. I think August will only bring bug fixes but who knows? I'm hoping some bugs get fixed with Cottage Living and Home Decorator and as well for the base game. Dating is broken now. Dates end abruptly quick and you get a failed date. The date my sims were on only lasted a couple of seconds. Someone else on Twitter said it happened to them.
Post edited by catloverplayer on

Comments

• hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    I really do hope there are pack fixes, because the last patch was only fixes to the last major update. I haven't had the dating thing happen to me, but I hope that gets fixed, too!!
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I think it will just be bug fixes
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    Important issues:
    - NPCs can't use bars
    - broken GTW animations
    - absurd teleporting

Biggest wish:
    Scrap the dust-smell animation.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,859 Member
    Bug fixes, maybe a new hair so they can still be "providing us with new content"
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 439 Member
    Moroccan outfit?

Next kit hint?
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    As the next kit I want a cottage bathroom. They forgot this in the EP.
    Moroccan outfit?

Next kit hint?

Oh right they showed that earlier. So maybe that will come in the next update. I also hope the next kit is a gameplay kit.
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    Potion brewing is broken too. The sims reboot into a T shape when you finish prepping.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited August 2021
    I hope they will really fix the plants going to dirt piles, so far that has been the most game breaking thing for me since many of my sims have green houses just so they can make money off of plants or use them for food, herbalism, making flower arrangements, etc. growing plants is important for the simple living trait I will be giving most sims households.

Real babies is my next want…..

A color wheel would also be great for hair colors and eye colors……. Or at least a few more variations of blond, brown and red hair colors, like strawberry blond, and a few new eye colors, like hazel eyes with brown and greenish eyes.
    Post edited by SheriSim57 on
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    edited August 2021
    As the next kit I want a cottage bathroom. They forgot this in the EP.

Actually we have a claw foot bathtub in one of the packs you can also make a wooden bathtub with the handiness skill and there is even a sink or two that would be good for cottage living, and I believe it is the vampire pack that has the old time toilet….. unless you are talking about an outhouse, or bucket toilet or chamber pot, and a big round tub that you have to fill with water to take a bath. Maybe if we get a medieval pack we will get real working wells, water pumps, round wood or metal bathtubs, out houses, and buckets to transfer water, oh and a big round bowl to put on a dresser or counter to wash up with.
  • RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    edited August 2021
    Just bug fixes maybe some tiny new thing but I'm just expecting bug fixes
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 247 Member
    Bug fixes are needed a plenty.
    Updated my game today only to find huge bugs related to counters, sinks and basins and stoves.
    All in my game lots have been deleted by the game code and the game refuses to replace them in build mode.
    Even in the maxis made lots the default maxis items have been deleted and can't be replaced.
    I won't listen to waffle about "mods or CC' either as other items both default and CC are fine.
    Anyway, as it is right now the game is fried, and unplayable for me.

Good luck with the patches in the future.
    shorty943p wrote: »
    Updated my game today only to find huge bugs related to counters, sinks and basins and stoves.
    All in my game lots have been deleted by the game code and the game refuses to replace them in build mode.
    Even in the maxis made lots the default maxis items have been deleted and can't be replaced.
    I won't listen to waffle about "mods or CC' either as other items both default and CC are fine.

If ur getting a script call error that is usually caused by mods and cc. There is many ppl have that problem with doors and it's caused by basemental mods. So it is very likely this is caused by a broken mod.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

Last time you blamed EA for broken CAS, even though it was clearly caused by mods. If you can’t even place objects like counters and sinks in build mod, clearly you have broken mods.

The game automatically disables mods after every update for a reason. You can’t turn mods back on and expect everything to magically work fine.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    The "sims not moving unless camera is on them" bug needs fixing as with gardening. Would be nice to remove goofballs ridiculous autonomous behaviour.
    I think they might talk abt what is coming in the next patch tomorrow at the inside maxis livestream
  • shorty943pshorty943p Posts: 247 Member
    Good news, I fixed the problem. I uninstalled the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 bug riddled game and won't be reinstalling it.

Going back to virtual worlds and a system where I Know the coders and can work cooperatively with people who don't hide behind some Guru's skirts.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Wait, we’re getting a new Kit??
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Wait, we’re getting a new Kit??

I didn't see them saying that anywhere. They just announced a livestream for tomorrow. But I do hope we get another kit soon and I hope it's a gameplay one.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Create your own World
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    edited August 2021
    I hope we'll be getting a real pack instead of another overpriced kit.
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I hope several severe issues get fixed soon. Teleporting, simulation lag, normal lag, FPS drops.. What a mess.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited August 2021
    Today. Iron Seagull mentioned there is an anniversary for The Sims 4 or Sims in September.

Iron Seagull
    https://youtu.be/-S8BMLImKTU