Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Male Proper Celebrities and Global Superstars now have the feminine fame walkstyle after the patch

I reported the fame walk bug. If you have the same issue, please click "Me Too" 🙂

Link:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Male-celebrities-now-have-the-female-fame-walkstyle/m-p/10547013#M192677

Thorne Bailey walking the feminine fame walk is painful to watch 🤮 This also happens with all other 4- and 5-star male celebrities 🙁
IMG-20210727-114537.jpg

When I turn off the fame walk, they still revert to fame walk when I switch to other households so it's no use. I could just ignore this bug if turning off the fame walk works but it doesn't.

I hope they fix it in the next patch.

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I have a mod that turns off all celebrity walkstyles because I find both versions painful to watch. Well, the female one would be ok if it wasn't like watching nearly-frozen honey ooze out of a jar. But the male one makes a guy look as if he's... injured himself.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    edited July 2021
    My report was merged with another

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Male-sims-walk-jog-with-feminine-style/td-p/10528006/highlight/false
    VeeDub wrote: »
    I have a mod that turns off all celebrity walkstyles because I find both versions painful to watch. Well, the female one would be ok if it wasn't like watching nearly-frozen honey ooze out of a jar. But the male one makes a guy look as if he's... injured himself.

The male fame walkstyle is ok with me as long as it's on male Sims. I find it neither cool nor cringeworthy.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited July 2021
    i wish this walkstyle can be turned off and the game remembers it, the same with the flying as a bat for the vampires as well. Quite often i see my sims in question walking with these styles or flying like a bat despite the fact i'm repeatedly turning them off and the game keeps turning them back on the moment i leave the households.

I would like to know what this mod is so i can get rid of these walkstyles and let my sims walk around as they should. EA have done nothing to stop this and i have no confidence they will solve it properly at all.
    @Hoverael

Yes the same problem with vampires with mist and bat form.
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    I don't mind the shine but I hate the celebrity walk. All genders. Hate it. I wish I could disable it fully.
    It's. So. Painfully. Slow.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    I can turn my walk and shine off on my celebs. I am pretty sure its not a mod and is in the game. You have to be playing the sim to do it. Just select the sim and there is a toggle for use celebrity walkstyle and turn on/off fame shine.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    edited July 2021
    Hoverael wrote: »
    i wish this walkstyle can be turned off and the game remembers it, the same with the flying as a bat for the vampires as well. Quite often i see my sims in question walking with these styles or flying like a bat despite the fact i'm repeatedly turning them off and the game keeps turning them back on the moment i leave the households.

I would like to know what this mod is so i can get rid of these walkstyles and let my sims walk around as they should. EA have done nothing to stop this and i have no confidence they will solve it properly at all.

I use Bienchen's "nocelebritywalkstyle" mod (from here). If I recall correctly (but I won't swear to it because I hate those walk styles too much to have ever tried), I think you can still turn the walks on for any individual rank 4/5 celebs you might want it on, but they aren't used automatically by them.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    @ModerateOsprey

I know it can be switched off but the game forgets that I switched it off when I switch control to another household. That's why they have to fix this.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    Hoverael wrote: »

I use Bienchen's "nocelebritywalkstyle" mod (from here). If I recall correctly (but I won't swear to it because I hate those walk styles too much to have ever tried), I think you can still turn the walks on for any individual rank 4/5 celebs you might want it on, but they aren't used automatically by them.

The celebrity walk is awful, they spend an eternity getting anywhere, and I can't stand it on any sim. Bienchen's mod has saved my sanity :D
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,085 Member
    I hope they don't fix that bug, I think it's hilarious!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2021
    Lololol I thought my celebrity dude totally lost it today🤣🤣🤣🤣
    I never had a girl celebrity so I never seen this walk.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(

Haven't you seen Judith Ward's walk?
  • SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    I hope this gets fixed soon. It's such an annoying bug!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Archie128 wrote: »

Haven't you seen Judith Ward's walk?

Nope. Deleted all premades😅😅 lol
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Yeah it is bothering as hell.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2021
    I disabled the celebrity walkstyle with mods the second I saw it in game, I don't understand why Maxis just made it a normal walkstyle that you could select in CAS. Instead they made a convoluted system that is just annoying and makes your sim walk slow all the time.

It never should have left the design board.
    When will be the next patch day? :/
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    edited August 2021
    My macho sim swaying hips left and right. :D
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    If you wanted to disable the walk, and are open to mods, you can try and go to MC command center if you have it and then disable the celebrity walk under the walkstyles category until it gets fix.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited August 2021
    Not just the fame walk. My male sim did the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 walk then he started running and was running feminine. I do not give any males a feminine walk, so this must be part of that pride update they pushed to base game. I wish they would stop "fixing" things that aren't broke. SMH
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    troshalom wrote: »
    Not just the fame walk. My male sim did the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ walk then he started running and was running feminine. I do not give any males a feminine walk, so this must be part of that pride update they pushed to base game. I wish they would stop "fixing" things that aren't broke. SMH

But they're forcing all male Sims to be effeminate SMH
    Archie128 wrote: »
    troshalom wrote: »
    Not just the fame walk. My male sim did the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ walk then he started running and was running feminine. I do not give any males a feminine walk, so this must be part of that pride update they pushed to base game. I wish they would stop "fixing" things that aren't broke. SMH

But they're forcing all male Sims to be effeminate SMH

True, and I hate it!
  • Coraline_029Coraline_029 Posts: 71 Member
    edited August 2021
    I'm not a hom0 ph0be but this is so annoying 😡
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I so agree @Coraline_029
  • JellyAceHCJellyAceHC Posts: 1 New Member
    EA please fix this
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top