Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A different 100 baby challenge

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Daniella aged up <3

cM3UcxT.png
    LAMCI33.png

That is me for today Simmers. The twins will age up the next day as well and new baby will arrive soon after, so lots will happen next time I load my game again <3

EsXY3XW.png
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member
    @TeeSea You didn't embarrass yourself at all! I'm glad you're having more good days than bad and you've found courage to post. I know I was nervous about posting back on the sims 3 forums but I glad I did in the end. I hope you continue to have good days! <3

@mcrudd I'll look up some outfits and PM you. I swear this thread updates every time I turn around :D

Sasha continues her pregnancy adventures with the legend himself: Don Lothario
    08-01-21_1-00-37%25C2%25A0PM.png

We used the bush this time
    08-01-21_1-14-21%25C2%25A0PM.png

Hooray!
    08-01-21_1-15-09%25C2%25A0PM.png

Alexander is so cute.
    I adore him
    08-01-21_1-16-18%25C2%25A0PM.png

It was at this point that my game decided to bug out due to a sim aging up outside the house.
    They stayed like this for about 3 sim hours until the sim was reset. :/
    08-01-21_1-27-51%25C2%25A0PM.png

Sasha tried out canning, after she pee' d herself again
    08-01-21_1-40-58%25C2%25A0PM.png

Due to a mod I have, Alexander is teething and is sad
    08-01-21_1-45-08%25C2%25A0PM.png

Sasha comforted him the best she could
    08-01-21_1-45-43%25C2%25A0PM.png

Benjamin...please
    08-01-21_1-48-50%25C2%25A0PM.png

Sasha tried not to puke on poor Alexander while potty training him
    08-01-21_1-50-29%25C2%25A0PM.png

With Sasha busy with Benjamin, Alexander wiped his tears on Blarffy
    08-01-21_2-09-35%25C2%25A0PM.png

This child is a lie
    08-01-21_2-13-36%25C2%25A0PM.png

Thankfully, bath time saved the day
    08-01-21_12-15-12%25C2%25A0PM.png

Afterwards, Alexander wanted to do flash cards so they settled right there on the bathroom floor
    08-01-21_12-16-41%25C2%25A0PM.png

--

Benjamin and Alexander's toddler photo were added to the wall
    08-01-21_1-22-11%25C2%25A0PM.png

Close up shots of the photos
    08-01-21_1-21-26%25C2%25A0PM.png
    08-01-21_12-39-13%25C2%25A0PM.png

• MiaSkywalkerMiaSkywalker Posts: 3,436 Member
    @all:
    I've been reading everyone's posts, but not commenting on them, because I haven't really been on the computer for long enough periods of time. Sorry about that, but I will comment on the latest ones.

@TeeSea:
    I think Caspian has grown into an even more handsome young man than Brendan has, if that's possible.

Awww... the blue bear that Forest is playing with has the sad eyes. :( Did you know that the stuffed animals get the sad eyes if they're abused, and the happy eyes if your toddlers or childish Sims talk to them and hug them a lot? I hadn't known that until I saw it in a YouTube video, I think by onlyabidoang. They're supposed to keep their default neutral eyes if you don't do anything to them, but maybe instead they get sad eyes if they're neglected. Haven't tested it, so I don't know. I somehow can't see you having any of your kids abusing the toys.

You show Mystic playing both ping-pong and darts. Ironic, because I avoid having those two items - along with the foosball table - in any build that I use. If they're there when I plop a build on a lot, I immediately delete them. I dislike how Sims want to use them autonomously all the time; they apparently have a huge fun advertisement. I've modded out at least the ping-pong table from being used autonomously; I hated how when my Sims were trying to graduate, someone from clear across the Foxbury campus would "invite" one of them to play, and suddenly my Sim would dash off and ignore their own graduation. Ex-squeeze me? After that happened the second time, I used the debug "destroy object" on that irritating ping-pong table in the Foxbury quad, but I also then found the tuning file and modded out all autonomy for it. Still haven't done darts and foosball; I really need to look into them, as well. And yes, I keep autonomy off; these objects apparently override that, which is why I despise them so much.

Man, I just hate how Maxis overdoes the autonomy on some items. If my Sim's fun bar is full, why the heck are they running off and playing with those items, when I've told them to do something else? And wishes! Why do they get wishes to play on a dartboard (because one is "nearby"), when I don't even have one on the lot! Grrrr!

I really love how you invite the dads over to play with and eat with their kids. I've been ignoring the baby daddies once I'm done with them, but you make it more homey. :)

You can make a Cowplant Sandcastle?!? I had no idea! I am going to have to try that!

I love how you send them on short vacations on occasion like this. It's really cute, and more realistic than the way I do it in my baby game. (Which is to stay at home all the time, teaching my kids stuff intensely, and pretty much ignoring that the rest of the Sims world exists.) Did you actually create a Summer Vacation holiday in your game? If so, that's a great idea!

I've actually wondered if the holidays in your game are randomly generated, or if you create them and intersperse them throughout your calendar. I have a mod that turns off all the mini-holidays, so I only have a vague idea of a few of those. (Like Talk Like a Pirate day, and the Lottery. Neither of which do I really want in my game.) If you create your own, that's a much better idea, because most of the ones you've shown seem very fun.

In fact, I must say - and I definitely agree on mcrudd with this - your Sims have so much more fun than mine do! You do so many fun things with them - swimming, sandcastles, bowling, karaoke, slip-n-slide - that I can only wish I were one of your Sims! Especially Mystic, because once the others grow up, they don't get to have as much fun anymore. :)

I love seeing Caspian and his dolphin friend. Too bad that Merfolk don't have levels the way other occults do; they kind of punked that one, didn't they? They do have some good powers, but without leveling, there's just not as much depth.

Forest became a cute kid. Despite the Patchy costume, his dad must have good genes. Btw, I'm wondering, because I see Forest playing with the dollhouse as a child. Toddlers learn Emotional Control by playing with the dollhouse; do children get that as well? Just wondering, because I always max out Emotional Control for my toddlers, so I've never had to work on it with children. It would be nice to know if I can save some of that for childhood, instead of focusing on that so much with toddlers. Especially since, if you want a child to write a novel, you have to have him/her play with the dollhouse for a while first. Since I do that a lot with children, I could ignore that trait for toddlers, if I knew it would be gained by kids later in the same manner.

It's cool that you went bowling on one of your holidays. :) Did you know that if you get a perfect llama (300 out of 300 points score), you can get a bowling scholarship? So far as I can tell, that's the only way to be certain that you'll get the scholarship. (There's supposed to be a percentage based chance, but my experience is that only my Sims that have gotten the Perfect Llama achievement get it.) You only have to get that 300 score once, then you can get that scholarship every time you want to go to University. Just thought I'd point that out, because it's a freebie. :)

I take it that just visiting your grandkids helps fulfill the Successful Lineage aspiration? I've always wondered about that.

It's always a treat to read your updates. You make them so fun and interesting to read!

@mcrudd:
    Oh my goodness! Belinda looks so much like both Bella and Cassandra, it's uncanny! Which makes no sense about Bella, since she's Mortimer's donation, and Bella isn't involved at all. But Belinda looks so much like Bella, you'd never guess!

Claire looks so much like her dad and half-brother, there's no question who she's related to. She even looks a little like her step-mom, which is odd.

@jbadger12:
    When you said that about the goggles, I had to go back and look. That totally cracked me up! I am so used to the way townies dress, I hadn't noticed it before you mentioned it. :)

@all:
    Have you guys been noticing an inordinate number of bug infestations and weeds sprouting on all of your garden plants, as well as even with wild plants? I have, and I thought it was a mod that got broken, so I've been trying for days to narrow it down. Then yesterday I read that it was a glitch caused by the latest patch, and it's not mod related at all. This has REALLY ticked me off, and I think I'm no longer going to bother with gardening for any Sims until it's fixed. Which means that the new pack is pretty much pointless, until they fix it, since I won't do the gardening aspects of it at all. I will still get it before the September 2 deadline, but I would prefer it if they fix that first.
  • jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    I've spent most of my time since I got the new pack working on a house in Old New Henford. Once I got back to the game, I had my sim family purchase it as a vacation home so I could check out some of the new features. I have a greenhouse with 2 plots each of all five types of super-sized vegetables. It's fall in my game, and I had to weed twice in the only sim day I played through; that's unusually often. I haven't checked back at my main house, which has a huge greenhouse. Luckily, my primary sim is level 10 in gardening, so it doesn't take too long to take care of.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
    jbadger12 wrote: »
    It's fall in my game, and I had to weed twice in the only sim day I played through; that's unusually often
    That's what I've been seeing as well. I have a few games that have huuuuge (and I mean HUGE) gardens; several hundred plants, in multiple underground greenhouses. Even with two Sims and a servo in one family, they ended up spending the entire day weeding and spraying bugs and still not getting all of them; I played it through, just to see, and that's the way it worked out.

Even a new game, without mods, I was seeing that. Very frustrating. Then I happened to stumble across a post that was talking about broken CC and mods; I thought my issue might be listed there, but then I saw this post. The OP mentions at the top of the post that the problem is happening for game plants as well as CC plants. I'm not using any CC plants anymore, anyway; I don't use CC food because none of it can be made Impeccable without breaking, and if a food can't be made Impeccable, I have no interest in it. And there's no point to CC plants without CC food; nothing in the game will ever use those harvestables.

I was playing again today for a bit, and now I'm not seeing those constant weeds anymore. No idea why; I ended up putting all those mods back in the game, so it doesn't seem to be mod related. I'd almost suspect a ninja bug-update, but my game didn't go through any updating process, so I don't think that's it. Doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason.

I'm going to stick with smaller gardens for now, if any at all. I have enough mods that make it so potions, serums, elixirs, etc. don't require ingredients; there's really no reason for me to bother with a garden anymore, and so much fruit in the fridge causes lag. I will simply never play with the new lot challenge trait until they fix this, and I'll be fine. I won't ever be able to play the Tomato Challenge with this problem, and that's a shame, because that's the one challenge that I've found fun, other than this one.

It is annoying that they keep breaking their own danged game, though. Or do they really think that we would find all that weeding and spraying for bugs fun for some reason? And isn't FUN the whole reason that people play games? Why do they keep forgetting this?
    @carlimact:
    Love the updates! What did you mean, "This child is a lie" about the baby? Just curious.

I do love the babies in the game. Objects or not, they sure are cute! :)

Her using the Pee Bush with Don Lothario made me chuckle. That guy deserves whatever he gets! :D.

I need to play my baby game again. *sigh* But I'm afraid to play any of my main games until the next major patch comes up, which should be soon. That last patch was... a joke. Really. It did not fix any of the things they absolutely broke with the CL patch, so I'm hoping they will soon.
    @MiaSkywalker I meant that he appears so innocent while asleep. Baby Benjamin is a menace. :D
    I still love him though
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    edited August 2021
    @jbadger12
    I also hadn't noticed Mortimer's Goggles. I had to go back and it made me laugh.
    I had to change the names of some of your Mystery DNA Donors because I give my offspring their Donor's last name. I hope that is okay.

@mcrudd
    Ellie is such a pretty girl. Clair is definitely a Llandgrab!
    Freddy is a troublemaker! I see him making a mess when he should be celebrating his sister Daniella's Birthday.

@carlimact
    Great update. Poor Sasha. Can you imagine having morning sickness and potty training a toddler IRL?
    I love the Stuffed Toys. It not only helps them gain communication skill but also fills their social need and helps them deal with sad feelings.
    I have had babies that rarely cry and then some that seem to never be happy. You can "Super Efficient Baby Care" and five minutes later the baby is crying again. Fix the problem and then just get started on a task to have them cry again. The worst is having twins or triplets that are all like that. I have had that happen once and was so glad for UI Cheats because my sim never got any sleep.

@MiaSkywalker
    Yes Caspian is a beautifully handsome teen. It's no wonder with Mystic's and Paka'A's genetics.
    With the stuffed toys they have sad eyes. Then they get open eyes when they have been cheered up. After that they get happy eyes after playing with the stuffed toy for a while. If you check them throughout the day the stuffed toys can change expressions two or three times a day.
    I don't play with autonomy on either because I refuse to use it. It has been poorly implemented since I started playing the Sims 4 which was when they announced toddlers were being added to the game. It's funny because I didn't care that they took away create a style but when they had no toddlers and no pools I refused to even buy and try The Sims 4. I am glad that they added them because even though it has its problems it's the best running Sims game IMO. I never had the pleasure of playing the Sims 1 or Sims 2. I was hoping that the Sims 5 would be like a mashup of all the best features of all the base Sims games on a new gameplay platform similar to Sims 4 but with open neighborhoods. Then they could make packs based off what was popular. But it seems like the Sims 5 is already a dud. If it's strictly an online game I will not buy it. Anyway yes the autonomy sucks in the game. I had the same problem in the Sims 3 with my sims quitting an action to go play basketball or give a massage even though the person who was instigating the action couldn't even access the house because I had a locked security gate. At least with the new door "locks" you keep strangers, neighbors and friends away. That's what I do. I will only remove the door "locks" when it's Easter Sunday (flower bunny), Christmas Eve (Father Winter) and any parties she holds at her house. When it comes to the College Campus LittleMsSam has a mod that helps lessen the amount of times your sim is asked to play ping pong. I actually love the darts, ping pong, foosball and game tables. I am still hoping for a pool table. The only thing that bugs me is the length of the foosball games. I wish they were shorter.
    Sandcastles are so cool in the Sims 4. There is a Gnome, Shark, Sea Turtle, Cowplant and a Castle. At least that is what I have come across in my games.
    99% of the holidays I have played in my game were made by me. I try to check the calendar once a week to delete any random holidays made by the game. Sometimes I will leave them in on purpose if they fit in with the story or I may miss deleting a few and just roll with it. I delete all the holidays on the calendar and make my own. I have a 5 day summer vacation on my calendar. The three tasks are No School, No Work, and Travel or Take a Vacation. If you want to make a summer vacation check out LittleMsSam. She has great holiday mods. Most of my holidays are made possible by her mods.
    My children gain emotional control from just about anything. I think it's because of a mod. I use More Fun Stuff from LittleMsSam that adds that, plus relationship gain when doing a similar task near other sims and fitness skill to gardening. Now if your kids I believe have half of their emotional control in the green they can "Play with Emotion" using toys from the toy box. They can use the same interaction on instruments once your creative or particular instrument skill reaches a certain level. Those actions work wonders when a sim has passed away or your child comes home from school in negative mood.
    My Sims always get the Alley Cat scholarship if there bowling skill is 5 and they have been bowled at least 3 times. You also unlock a bowling trophy with a perfect score.
    I actually knew Mystic had grandkids because the Aspiration would flash every time a grandkid was born. I would click on the aspiration tab and sure enough the grandkid total had gone up. I knew Grandbaby Rose was born because the screen had that rainbow icon show up after completing all the tasks in an aspiration. The aspiration was active every time a grandbaby was born so I don't know how it works if you don't have it active at the time of the grandbaby's birth.
    I live vicariously through my sims. So they do have a lot of fun. It is how I would live my life if I were a Sim and not me.
    I like the mermaid powers. I was actually relieved that there wasn't a bunch stuff they had to learn like spellcasters or have negative afflictions instead of just perks like vampires. I thought it was a nice change. Not being able to take soaks or mud baths seems wrong on so many levels. Who would better know the advantages of a mud bath than a Mermaid? Again LittleMsSam made a mod that makes this possible so it's not a deal breaker. I wish they had added underwater homes that acted like penthouse in the aspect of build/buy mode. The elevator could be like and air bubble chamber. Also some cave scuba diving that works like the secret areas in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek but change like the temples in Salvadorado.
    I haven't noticed an over abundance of weeds or insects. I also have Patchy and a gardner so that might have something to do with it. Plus I am using the new field plots in a "Sheltered Area". Plus my sims live in Windenburg and not the CL World. Maybe that has something to with it.

@all
    The main problem that I have noticed since the last patch has been Game Generated NPCs all look like they are pregnant. They are not pregnant but created with a pregnant looking belly. I've seen both Male and Female sims with this.
    I am off to play. I wish you all the very best!
  • jbadger12jbadger12 Posts: 321 Member
    @TeeSea - I don't mind at all that you renamed them. I assumed you had when I saw a bear named Ivan Wiley in your story. All of those sims were from my non-shared library, and have been or currently are in my main save file. I changed their names to make them seem more anonymous. Half of them do still have their original first names.
    fm1Ouiv.jpg
    Gallery ID: jjbadgett12
    edited August 2021
    @all I made some 'Mystery Daddies' for everyone. There's 3 sets of four. Make sure you enable custom content due to the default eyes I was using.

@TeeSea I too love the stuffed toys! Blarffy is usually my go to. Every baby is different I suppose, which is a bit of realism I appreciate...most of the time. I have to admit I've used UI cheats a few times during the 'Benjamin saga'

Word on the street is Sasha's is the place to be...
    Newly legal Rohan Elderberry just showed up
    08-02-21_1-40-49%25C2%25A0PM.png

However, I would not recommend it today my guy. Sasha is very irritable today
    08-02-21_1-41-34%25C2%25A0PM.png

She invited him in anyway and they chatted
    08-02-21_1-46-17%25C2%25A0PM.png

A family that poops together, stays together
    08-02-21_1-46-46%25C2%25A0PM.png

BENJAMIN
    08-02-21_1-51-38%25C2%25A0PM.png

Thankfully, he just wanted a cuddle
    08-02-21_1-53-18%25C2%25A0PM.png

Sasha focused on teaching Alexander some skills to dissipate some of her irritability
    08-02-21_2-06-15%25C2%25A0PM.png

Alexander eventually had enough and went to play with his BFF, Blarffy
    08-02-21_2-08-18%25C2%25A0PM.png

Good thing too. Sasha's back was killing her
    08-02-21_2-08-33%25C2%25A0PM.png

Sasha's mood swings seemed to pass when she baked so...bagels it was!
    08-02-21_2-11-59%25C2%25A0PM.png

The baby decided to come when Benjamin was being himself
    08-02-21_2-14-53%25C2%25A0PM.png

While waiting, Sasha pee'd herself again
    08-02-21_2-21-51%25C2%25A0PM.png

This labour was rough
    08-02-21_2-22-08%25C2%25A0PM.png

It's a girl!
    Her name is Chloe
    08-02-21_2-23-25%25C2%25A0PM.png

Alexander was not ok with this
    08-02-21_2-25-35%25C2%25A0PM.png

Hi all, just busy all day with collection rooms and two request outfits <3 I have to quickly feed my family and also clean up a bit LOL. Then I will hop into our thread and catch up, from what I can see it looks interesting ;)

Year 2 Week 6

2021-08-03_00-11-05.jpg?raw=1
    Family Photo

Sunday

2021-08-01_08-06-30.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic prepared Croissants for Sunday breakfast.

2021-08-01_08-10-24.jpg?raw=1
    Caspian decided to go to Harbor Quarter Gym in Windenburg to get in a workout and be alone for a while.

2021-08-01_08-13-50.jpg?raw=1
    When he arrived home he was still needing to clear his head so he went for a jog.

2021-08-01_09-12-54.jpg?raw=1
    Everyone left for Scouts at 2pm.

2021-08-01_09-29-06.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic took the kids out to dinner at "The Spice Factory" in Oasis Springs. She is having cravings for spicy food.

2021-08-01_09-36-15.jpg?raw=1
    The kids had rough go when trying out spicy dishes for the first time.

Monday

2021-08-01_09-52-59.jpg?raw=1
    Happy Rebate Day! Mystic took care of the garden.

2021-08-01_09-53-11.jpg?raw=1
    While the kids watched some TV before school.

2021-08-01_09-56-02.jpg?raw=1
    Everyone left for school at 8am.

2021-08-01_10-48-13.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic bought a pond for the back yard for Rebate Day. She stocked it with Koi.

2021-08-01_10-49-04.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic was feeding the koi when she went into labor.

2021-08-01_10-54-44.jpg?raw=1
    She headed to the hospital, fired up her drone and delivered a baby.

baby%207.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic had a baby girl!

2021-08-01_11-01-35.jpg?raw=1
    Welcome Baby Girl Hannah Wiley.

DNA Donor Reveal Photos:
    @jbadger12 - This is one of yours.
    Donor%20Reveal1.jpg?raw=1
    This is Ivan Wiley, Mystery DNA Donor in his costume.

Donor%20Reveal2.jpg?raw=1
    This is Ivan Wiley after changing his wardrobe.

Ivan%20Wiley.jpg?raw=1
    Bestill my heart, Ivan is a knockout! Hannah has got a handsome father!

2021-08-01_11-03-07.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic got Hannah settled.

Communications.jpg?raw=1
    Then she enrolled into Brichester.

Communications2.jpg?raw=1
    This time she is getting her Communications Degree.

2021-08-01_11-20-58.jpg?raw=1
    Everyone sat down and did their homework after dinner.

2021-08-01_12-00-07.jpg?raw=1
    Later Mystic was taking care of Hannah's needs.

2021-08-01_12-00-22.jpg?raw=1
    While Caspian was working out in the basement.

2021-08-01_12-01-01.jpg?raw=1
    Edwin was making potions on the Chemistry Table.

2021-08-01_12-01-21.jpg?raw=1
    Dior was doing the same in her room.

2021-08-01_12-01-44.jpg?raw=1
    And Forest was drawing in his room.

2021-08-01_12-02-36.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic started on the rest of her homework as everyone was winding down for the night.

Tuesday

2021-08-01_12-25-48.jpg?raw=1
    The kids headed for school at 8am and Mystic's first class started at 11am.

2021-08-01_12-33-32.jpg?raw=1
    Caspian was having a moodswing so he decided to go for jog to clear his mind.

2021-08-01_12-39-04.jpg?raw=1
    Everyone did their homework then went to work on other activities.

Wednesday

2021-08-02_17-35-25.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic has two term papers to write so she took a needs potion and worked all night on them.

2021-08-02_17-43-56.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic was the first to leave for class.

2021-08-02_17-44-16.jpg?raw=1
    And the kids were right behind her.

2021-08-02_17-45-34.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic returned home from class with just enough time to feed Hannah and then head to class again.

Hannahbd.jpg?raw=1
    After her class it was time for Hannah to Age Up. Happy Birthday Hannah!

2021-08-02_18-05-50.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic shaped the Bonsai Tree in the foyer.

2021-08-02_18-06-20.jpg?raw=1
    While Hannah taught herself how to use the potty. Having an independent toddler does have its perks.

2021-08-02_18-08-04.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic headed outside to tend the garden.

2021-08-02_18-12-04.jpg?raw=1
    Hanna also went outside. She wanted to play on the toddler slide.

2021-08-02_18-22-46.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic and the older children were doing their homework.

2021-08-02_18-23-15.jpg?raw=1
    Hannah was grabbing some pancakes for herself.

2021-08-02_18-24-10.jpg?raw=1
    Then she toddled into the living room to eat so she could be near her family.

2021-08-02_18-32-31.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic read Hannah a bedtime story.

2021-08-02_18-33-46.jpg?raw=1
    Then everyone gathered in the kitchen to celebrate Caspian's Birthday.

2021-08-02_18-34-43.jpg?raw=1
    Everyone loved the Honey Cake Mystic made. It is now time for Caspian to leave the nest.

2021-08-02_18-40-13.jpg?raw=1
    Caspian said his goodbyes and moved to Sulani.

2021-08-02_18-49-13.jpg?raw=1
    After Caspian left Dior played with her dollhouse.

2021-08-02_18-49-24.jpg?raw=1
    Edwin was playing with his dollhouse.

2021-08-02_18-49-34.jpg?raw=1
    And Forest was drawing pictures in his room.

Thursday

2021-08-02_19-03-56.jpg?raw=1
    When everyone left for school.

2021-08-02_19-04-22.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic was tending the garden.

2021-08-02_19-05-48.jpg?raw=1
    And Little Hannah was eating breakfast.

2021-08-02_19-13-12.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic tried some homemade Chocolate Sauce she had canned a few weeks back. It was YUMMY!

2021-08-02_19-14-52.jpg?raw=1
    Soon Mystic had to leave for class.

2021-08-02_19-16-03.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic returned home and heard "Mommy?" coming from the nursery.

2021-08-02_19-17-03.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic and Hanna played until Mystic had to leave for class.

2021-08-02_20-52-33.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic was heading to class just as the older kids were returning from school.

2021-08-02_20-55-55.jpg?raw=1
    After class Mystic fed Hannah some dinner and tucked her in.

2021-08-02_21-00-42.jpg?raw=1
    Everyone worked on their homework together.

2021-08-02_21-08-22.jpg?raw=1
    Then Forest headed upstairs to train his Voidcritter.

2021-08-02_21-08-31.jpg?raw=1
    Edwin was playing with his dollhouse in his room.

2021-08-02_21-09-08.jpg?raw=1
    And Dior was playing with her dollhouse in her room.

2021-08-02_21-13-53.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic tried to get some good selfies with her oversized crops for her fans. This is her Lettuce patch.

2021-08-02_21-14-07.jpg?raw=1
    Here is her Auberdine Patch.

2021-08-02_21-14-24.jpg?raw=1
    Next is Mystics Watermelon Patch.

2021-08-02_21-14-38.jpg?raw=1
    Now her Pumpkin Patch.

2021-08-02_21-14-56.jpg?raw=1
    And last but not least her Mushroom Patch.

Friday

2021-08-02_21-24-51.jpg?raw=1
    Everyone headed off to school at the sametime.

2021-08-02_21-32-43.jpg?raw=1
    Dior was glad to be home from daycare and played in the nursery.

2021-08-02_21-32-55.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic tended the garden.

2021-08-02_21-49-09.jpg?raw=1
    After dinner and Hannah was put to bed everyone did their homework.

2021-08-02_21-50-08.jpg?raw=1
    Caspian dropped by and Mystic gave him a key so he wouldn't have to knock next time.

2021-08-02_21-54-31.jpg?raw=1
    Dior was sad Caspian left before her Birthday Celebration but still excited to become a teen.

DiorBD.jpg?raw=1
    Happy Birthday Dior!

Saturday

2021-08-02_22-54-34.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic worked all night on her term papers, finishing at around 5am.

2021-08-02_22-57-55.jpg?raw=1
    Happy "End Of Summer Bash"! Everyone loved the Grilled Fruit Mystic made for breakfast.

2021-08-02_23-03-16.jpg?raw=1
    After breakfast Hannah went to play in the nursery while everyone else went to play on the slip-n-slide. Mystic slid on her back feet first.

2021-08-02_23-03-35.jpg?raw=1
    Forrest slipped and ended up on his rear end.

2021-08-02_23-03-56.jpg?raw=1
    Dior did a cool spin on her back.

2021-08-02_23-04-17.jpg?raw=1
    And Edwin face planted after diving head first down the slide.

2021-08-02_23-10-50.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic then took the family to "Sandy Beach" in Sulani. Hannah was playing in the sand while everyone else danced around the bonfire.

2021-08-02_23-12-09.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic then lit some fireworks and everyone watched except Hanna who was busy making a sand sculpture.

2021-08-02_23-14-51.jpg?raw=1
    Hanna wanted to play in the ocean so Mystic kept a close eye on her.

2021-08-02_23-15-03.jpg?raw=1
    Dior was swimming nearby.

2021-08-02_23-15-14.jpg?raw=1
    Edwin was swimming near the shallower part of the beach.

2021-08-02_23-15-24.jpg?raw=1
    And Forrest was swimming near the reef. Mystic also kept her eyes on the older kids as they swam.

2021-08-02_23-20-13.jpg?raw=1
    When they returned home the kids had to leave for Scouts.

2021-08-02_23-20-31.jpg?raw=1
    Hannah asked her Mom to teach her numbers.

2021-08-02_23-30-02.jpg?raw=1
    Everyone loved the last tradition of "End of Summer Bash". Ice Cream!

2021-08-02_23-42-21.jpg?raw=1
    Everyone headed off to do their own thing. Mystic read Hannah to sleep then went to work in the garden.

Saturday Update:

Dior.jpg?raw=1
    Dior Fabulous
    Teen
    Human
    Traits: Genius, Geek
    Toddler Trait: Angelic
    Maxed Out Toddler Skills
    Completed all 6 Childhood Aspirations
    Completed All Grade School Projects
    Finished Grade School with an A+
    Completed 0 High School Projects
    Has a C in High School
    Has 8 Scouts Badges
    On the 1st Tier of her 1st Aspiration

Edwin.jpg?raw=1
    Edwin Silva
    Child
    Vampire
    Traits: Cheerful
    Toddler Trait: Wild
    Maxed Out Toddler Skills
    On the 3rd Tier of his 5th Aspiration
    Completed All Grade School Project
    Has an A+ in Grade School
    Has 8 Scouts Badges

Forest.jpg?raw=1
    Forest Willows
    Child
    Human
    Traits: Neat
    Toddler Trait: Clingy
    Maxed Out Toddler Skills
    On the 2nd Tier of his 3rd Aspiration
    Has a A+ in Grade School
    Has 6 Scouts Badges

hannah.jpg?raw=1
    Hannah Wiley
    Toddler
    Spellcaster
    1/3 through her skills

Mystic.jpg?raw=1
    Mystic Willows
    Young Adult - Invincible (MCCC Flag)
    Virtuoso Spellcaster and Knows All Potions and Spells
    Traits: Creative, Geek, Family Oriented
    5 Star Celebrity
    Lives in Windenburg
    Foxbury Degrees: DH-Biology, DH-Computer Science, DH-Economics, DH-Physics, DH-Psychology, DH-Vilinay
    Brichester Degrees: DH-Art History
    Was a Master Vampire
    Finished High School with an A+
    Completed All School Projects
    Has gotten All Scouts Badges
    Maxed Out Drama Club then Kicked Out for Upstaging the Teacher
    Maxed Out All Part Time Jobs
    Finished the Big Happy Family, Successful Lineage, Lady of the Knitts, Super Parent, Overachiever, Good Vampire, World Famous Celebrity, Vampire Family, Master Vampire, Mansion Baron, Renaissance Sim, Archaeology Scholar, Culinary Librarian, Jungle Explorer, Spellcaster & Sorcery, Purveyor of Potions, Freelance Botanist, Nerd Brain, Bodybuilding, Chief of Mischievous, Painter Extraordinaire, & Fabulously Wealthy Aspirations

CaspianMove.jpg?raw=1
    Caspian Sterling
    Young Adult
    Human
    Merman
    Traits: Loves the Outdoors, Childish, Paranoid
    Toddler Trait: Silly
    Maxed Out Toddler Skills
    Completed All 6 Childhood Aspirations
    Finished Grade School with an A+
    Maxed Out Scouting Career
    Finished High School with an A+
    Finished All High School Projects
    Completed the Nerd Brain, Bodybuilder & Painter Extraordinaire aspirations.
    Moved to Tangled Flats in Sulani
    @TeeSea:
    Wow, Dior is beautiful! I hadn't expected that; I didn't think Izzy would have such good genes. Your kids are always so cute, though. And I love reading your stories; they're so fun and interesting! With just a few words, you manage to show them all as having unique personalities, and I really like that.

I also like using Ice Cream as a holiday tradition. Like you, I always add it to my Summer holiday, and when I've created holidays, I sometimes add it, depending upon the holiday. The ice cream can be so fun! I'm very glad I got that stuff pack, if even just for that specific hero object.

I'm glad you've been having more good days than bad, lately. I hope that keeps up for you!
    @carlimact Sasha is doing well even with the bladder failures, we feel you there and promise it will get better <3 Aww poor little Alexander teething, he needs a little biltong stick to chew on (South african thing, my kids did it LOL) Gosh Benjamin is a little handful.

@MiaSkywalker I felt it weird too that Belinda and Claire looked like their step moms too LOL, Genetics were messed up there I think :D I have not noticed the weeds and bugs, but I guess its because I have birds and bunnies helping me with my gardening. Perhaps it’s a bug if they don’t help you? Not sure sorry.

@TeeSea I thought Ellie was cute too. Freddy is very naughty, he makes messes and cancels out things I tell him to do LOL But Stacy will get him responsible soon ;) Wow I have not noticed pregnant looking npc’s but I will try and remember to look more closely next time I load my game again.
    @carlimact I will look at mystery daddies once I run out of townies LOL. Hahahaha a family that poops together stays together LOL.

@TeeSea Oooh love the new family portrait, I might have to give in and get a second piece of cc in my game that is not made by me. No one has answered me on my sims4studio help thread about the photo frame pic not changing that I attempted. Hahaha the photo of the kids trying spicy dishes :D Congrats on little Hannah she is so cute <3 Woah that garden is amazing !!! Tell me are they still sheltered although there is no walls on the side? Nice oversized crops too :)

@all I am still updating a few of my collection rooms at the moment, I am hoping to quickly do that this morning and hopefully a bit of baby challenge game later on. I just have the garden part left to do. Happy simming to you all and it was lovely catching up, sorry I did not last night, but time ran away with me after cooking and cleaning my house ;)
    Sasha definitely needed to sleep...and shower
    08-02-21_2-26-49%25C2%25A0PM.png

The baby apocalypse has begun
    08-02-21_2-30-26%25C2%25A0PM.png

After a very rough night, it was time to age Benjamin up!
    08-02-21_2-39-54%25C2%25A0PM.png

I took him in CAS to get rid of the makeup the game decided to give him
    Benjamin aged up with the clingy trait, which I thought was appropriate
    08-02-21_2-41-48%25C2%25A0PM.png

He didn't like his sister either
    08-02-21_2-44-56%25C2%25A0PM.png

So the bills got away from me and the power and water got shut off
    Oops
    08-02-21_2-46-52%25C2%25A0PM.png

Geoffrey made a surprise visit and played with Alexander
    08-02-21_2-47-11%25C2%25A0PM.png

Storytime worked this time
    08-02-21_2-54-13%25C2%25A0PM.png

Benjamin destroyed the dollhouse in his sibling rage
    08-02-21_2-59-16%25C2%25A0PM.png

Sasha gave him a talking to
    08-02-21_3-00-06%25C2%25A0PM.png

The boys were generally adorable while Sasha fixed the dollhouse
    08-02-21_3-02-43%25C2%25A0PM.png

Sasha was cross stitching and felt a disturbance in the force
    Thankfully, there was no abductions that night
    08-02-21_3-13-09%25C2%25A0PM.png

These kids never looked so angelic
    (Except Alexander, who actually is angelic)
    08-02-21_3-21-44%25C2%25A0PM.png

Chloe, thankfully, is more agreeable
    08-02-21_3-24-04%25C2%25A0PM.png

--

Updated family photo
    08-02-21_2-55-10%25C2%25A0PM.png

New photos
    08-02-21_3-11-48%25C2%25A0PM.png
    08-02-21_3-08-36%25C2%25A0PM.png
    08-02-21_3-10-49%25C2%25A0PM.png

@carlimact Sasha looks very exhausted on that first pic, hopefully now that Benjamin aged up she will get more sleep and time to go toilet. Love your new updated photo album pic. I am thinking of using that one, but adding my own pics so its more mine LOL. I might work on that before I load my game hahahaha ;)
    So yeah I modified the cc photo frame with my own little images instead. Here is the seven I have ;)
    E9VyVof.png
    X8wOG23.png
    sw4RoD4.png
    AAmx9wK.png
    KKqM5Xy.png
    VHSppbN.png
    VlVZ6L1.png
    iCcYki6.png

Now to have lunch and then hop in game <3
    @MiaSkywalker
    Aww shucks you're making me blush. I am glad that you like reading my posts. Thank you.
    I thought Dior would turn out very pretty with Mystics "Girl Next Door" look and Izzy's "Facial Features". Plus makeup and accessories go along way in changing the way a sim looks. I have made sims that just looked blah and then I would add makeup and accessories and it would totally change their look. I also try every single hair cut on a sim after aging up because sometimes it's just a change of hair style can make a or break a sims look.
    The only time my toddlers have desert is when it's a holiday that has ice cream for a tradition. I also only give it to them before bed so that I don't have deal with a cranky toddler having a sugar crash.

@mcrudd
    Yes the garden is still sheltered. You have to build an area with a fence. Then add columns and add a roof. Delete the floor so that it is bare grass. If you are living in a Micro Home you can delete one side of the fence and then make a replacement one away from the other fence then move it into place. This will keep it from counting as a real room so it doesn't use up any of your squares but keeps you and your plants sheltered.
    Holy cow I love your CC Frame! Can you put it up on the sims resource with your baby outfits? I would love to use yours because the background pictures are so much better.

@carlimact
    Great Update!
    I always love it when the baby's other parent comes over to visit. I also try to take my Sims kids to see their other parent as much as I can.
    I didn't know toddlers could destroy dollhouses. Dang he must have been unhappy about his new sibling.
    I love doing storytime. My favorite is when you have both toddlers and children listing at the same time.
    Squee! Toddler Hugs!

@all
    Well I am off to play! Have good one!
    @TeeSea thanks for that, I will give it a go in the future, I do like being able to see my plants and with a fully enclosed greenhouse its not always possible. Unfortunately I can't upload the photo frame I made because I edited someone else's. But I have sent you a pm :)

@all. I am finally going to load up my game now, be prepared for many posts LOL
    edited August 2021
    @mcrudd & @TeeSea:
    Wait, I remember you guys talking about changing the family portrait, but I hadn't realized you could change the BACKGROUND image. Do you just create a recolor swatch with the particular image(s) that you want, and then you can select it with the recolor tool? Or do you do it a different way? I think I missed your discussion on it, as I like the original frame, so I wasn't looking at changing things. But I sure do like the backgrounds that you two have!

@mcrudd: I assume those images in your post are the ones you've used in your family portrait file? Where can I get the originals? (Which I assume will be larger images). Or are they just shots you've taken from your game?
    edited August 2021
    @TeeSea:
    Sometimes children - and I guess toddlers - can get a long-term buff where they get mad at a newly born sibling. One of my two B girls got it for a later child (my D child, iirc), and when I had her interact with the baby in order to build up their relationship (I do that sometimes, to speed things up for later), she kept cussing at him and stamping her feet in anger. She was the only one who did, and she was the only one who got that buff. It might be a hidden buff - I can't recall now - but I did get a warning notification when she initially got it. I do not think it has a time expiration, so I'm not sure how you can get rid of it, other than by using MCCC or other cheats.

I don't think I've ever seen the toddler sugar crash, although I've heard of it. I guess that's because I rarely do family play, and I usually feed my kids stuff like lobster tortellini or monte cristo sandwiches, for the gourmet food buffs. I rarely make desserts either; the popcorn and ice cream are used by my adult Sims, and as you said, only on special occasions. :)

In my current game I recently used a mod that makes a new social event type, called Movie Night. It's a pretty hard social event to finish; you have to do a LOT of the smaller goals in order to make gold on it. One of the things it asked for was ice cream for the crowd, which I thought was neat, so of course I made some for all of my guests. :)
    @mcrudd & @TeeSea:
    Wait, I remember you guys talking about changing the family portrait, but I hadn't realized you could change the BACKGROUND image. Do you just create a recolor swatch with the particular image(s) that you want, and then you can select it with the recolor tool? Or do you do it a different way? I think I missed your discussion on it, as I like the original frame, so I wasn't looking at changing things. But I sure do like the backgrounds that you two have!

@mcrudd: I assume those images in your post are the ones you've used in your family portrait file? Where can I get the originals? (Which I assume will be larger images). Or are they just shots you've taken from your game?

We are using a custom content creator's photo frame (I changed her pics to some of my own), because you are unable to have different backgrounds with the original Maxis ones. The pictures I used for my frame was just screenshots I took in my game. With the CC one you select a frame with a background and then you can change the pose and outfit. So in my current game I picked 3 of the frames I liked and changed the outfits accordingly.
    Ginny and Grant aged up <3

H3qYZIW.png
    oBK4Cpx.png

I also thought I might play a bit longer, but my daughter needs me to be a mom taxi, so I end with my photo frames :)
    Uwff5RO.png

I am hoping to be able to play again after dinner tonight, if not then tomorrow ;)
    mcrudd wrote: »
    We are using a custom content creator's photo frame (I changed her pics to some of my own), because you are unable to have different backgrounds with the original Maxis ones. The pictures I used for my frame was just screenshots I took in my game. With the CC one you select a frame with a background and then you can change the pose and outfit. So in my current game I picked 3 of the frames I liked and changed the outfits accordingly.
    Ok, so I looked at that picture in S4S, and I see that there's a texture for the background. So, that's what gets swapped out, right? I'll have to see if that works. I personally like the default frame, so I'm going to stick with it.

I looked at all my screenshots, and although I take a lot of really nice shots in the game (especially Selvadorada - that place is gorgeous!), they're all at an angle from above. I tend to play from above; I get motion sick in games if I play from ground view. But it looks like the best shots for this will be at ground view, meaning I'm going to just have to go to some of those places again and get some nice shots!
    Ok, so I looked at that picture in S4S, and I see that there's a texture for the background. So, that's what gets swapped out, right? I'll have to see if that works. I personally like the default frame, so I'm going to stick with it.

I looked at all my screenshots, and although I take a lot of really nice shots in the game (especially Selvadorada - that place is gorgeous!), they're all at an angle from above. I tend to play from above; I get motion sick in games if I play from ground view. But it looks like the best shots for this will be at ground view, meaning I'm going to just have to go to some of those places again and get some nice shots!

I tried that, it does not work, I also asked for help on the sims4studio website and no one is able to help me, that is why I gave in and downloaded the cc version, because that one I could change. It is a completely different type of package though, so I could not even use that one to try and figure out how to change the original one. You can see my help thread here https://sims4studio.com/thread/25611/change-background-family-portrait