Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if... (new features ideas discussing area)

Comments

• DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited July 2021
    Tbh, I just want a game pack with bank systems, loan, debts, buglars, fears, maybe even stock market. Every bit of realism "realistic" players conveniently forget to mention.

I'm kinda tired to have to force and make pretend any challenges in game.

Want something fun of this gp? Make a bank building in the likes of Harry Potter. Horaay, dealing with accounts is super fun now.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Tbh, I just want a game pack with bank systems, loan, debts, buglars, fears, maybe even stock market. Every bit of realism "realistic" players conveniently forget to mention.

Want something fun of this gp? Make a bank building in the likes of Harry Potter. Horaay, dealing with accounts is super fun now.

I love Harry Potter. Dealing with a Gringotts doesn't sound remotely interesting.
  • DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member

I love Harry Potter. Dealing with a Gringotts doesn't sound remotely interesting.

I was thinking more of the roller coasters session lol
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    I wish we could get an improvement for museums. I think our sim should be able to donate what they collect to the museum and it gives them reputation and fame.

Also add more reasons to go to museums. Maybe kids can go on field trips there (a new event). And they can increase their school performance. Other sims can get increase in certain skills with new interactions or for example if they "read plaque" for a mounted fish it gets added to their notebook.

I also want this. I think at least a museum-related SP makes sense.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    Real babies, cars, romance/weddings, theme parks. More active careers, high school pack, bands, werewolves for the body hair, and hopefully eyelashes.
  • DaclopedaDaclopeda Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love a carpenter or builder expansion/pack! :D For example, when we build houses, they are compåleted just like that. What if you could plan a house, build it all first in build-mode, but then your sims needs to build and complete it step by step. Wall for wall, floortiles, windows, doors and so on, That would be an awesome feature in my gameplay as I love to build my houses one step at a time, take screenshots, and roleplay that it is my Sim that is building it all :) Of course there could be a feature were you can choose if the house should be completed at once, if your sims should complete it, or maybe, if you feel lazy, hire a carpenter that finishes it for you :D (and maybe a complete at once feature afterwards if you should feel lazy, haha. And, and, if your sim could paint furnitures, walls, windows, you name it? :D
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member

Yes plz some challenges! They could make bank, loans, debt, stock market etc into a kit and add burglars in a free update patch. I would love if sims actually starts with 0 simoleans so you need to take a loan to buy a house (or work your way up). I would also love to see the ability to rent houses instead of buying it.
  • ChocoSulSulChocoSulSul Posts: 182 Member
    Daclopeda wrote: »
    I would love a carpenter or builder expansion/pack! :D For example, when we build houses, they are compåleted just like that. What if you could plan a house, build it all first in build-mode, but then your sims needs to build and complete it step by step. Wall for wall, floortiles, windows, doors and so on, That would be an awesome feature in my gameplay as I love to build my houses one step at a time, take screenshots, and roleplay that it is my Sim that is building it all :) Of course there could be a feature were you can choose if the house should be completed at once, if your sims should complete it, or maybe, if you feel lazy, hire a carpenter that finishes it for you :D (and maybe a complete at once feature afterwards if you should feel lazy, haha. And, and, if your sim could paint furnitures, walls, windows, you name it? :D

wow is great
  • BabsTheBuilderBabsTheBuilder Posts: 9 New Member
    I wish they would add chores and make it so they can be assigned to kids/teens. Dishes could pile up in sink, we already have garbages and laundry, but maybe also add lawn mowing, shovelling walkway.

Also building maintenance, have doors break, kids playing sports could accidentally break a window.

This has been mentioned before but separate bank accounts so chores could amount to something for kids/teens.

It would also be nice to turn off control for other sims in household.

Have out of town relatives that come to visit and drive everyone crazy. Lol

Assign meal times so the sims don’t just eat leftovers or quick meals immediately once hungry.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    There are so many ways the Sims could be more realistic - and fun, in my opinion - but for me, I'd like a way to be able to 'cap' skills. Sometimes I want a Sim that's terrible at singing, but loves it and does it all the time, without becoming a 10/10 opera star. Let my Sims be able to write bad poetry all their lives, or keep accidentally electrocuting themselves while insisting they're an expert at repair.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Reedfish wrote: »
    There are so many ways the Sims could be more realistic - and fun, in my opinion - but for me, I'd like a way to be able to 'cap' skills. Sometimes I want a Sim that's terrible at singing, but loves it and does it all the time, without becoming a 10/10 opera star. Let my Sims be able to write bad poetry all their lives, or keep accidentally electrocuting themselves while insisting they're an expert at repair.

I would love this! My sim self definitely needs to be able to sing badly in the shower for life. Because, accuracy. :)

It would also allow sims to occasionally crack an inside joke to their best friends or siblings without turning into a professional comedian. Or to feed their kids regularly so they aren't taken away, but still be a pretty terrible cook.

This would add so many great storytelling options.
  • carpe_diemcarpe_diem Posts: 280 Member
    edited August 2021
    Reedfish wrote: »

@Reedfish Love these ideas I would love to see this as:
    1. A Talent system where you can pick what your sim is gifted/ ungifted at (make a tondeaf sim with musical aspirations!)
    2. An option in the game settings to have slower skill progression for all skills (If you play on long life span and don't want all your sims to be over skilled. I always need to cheat down my skills, I don't want all toddler to get the top notch toddler traits, that's make the game to easy)
    3. Skill declining / pausing. It you not perform an hobby for a long time the hobby will become "in danger" (like the lifestyles). There's now a risk to (slowly) loose some skill levels. (If you play an instrument as a kid and then take it up again as an elder, I promise, you will not remember much!)
    Post edited by carpe_diem on
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    I would love them to update doors so you could set them to be open or closed, and also the option to delete the doors from the frame to add a whole lot more arches into the game..

Some of the doors have amazing frames and arches seem to be lacking.. I feel like these could be easy tweaks 😇
    I’d like to see a costume category, so when our sims go to Costume parties, or Geek Con or even just Halloween we can have all sims, inside and outside the household dressed in outfits we pick, whether they are traditional or not.

I also want a wedding category so we can have our sim dressed as we want for their wedding too, and other people dressed in certain ways too at the wedding. l want to see different wedding attire too. I think the categories should be basegame, but I’d love to see a romance/wedding game pack, with wedding showers bachelorette parties, lots of outfits including veils, tiara’s etc.

I would also like to see children be able to play together without being attached to toys, like tag, cops and robbers, hide and seek etc.

Also it would be nice it we could buy board games to put on book cases, tables, etc, and also be useable to play.

And how about bringing back newspapers and magazines.
  • gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    I think fairies or fairytales is next because there were a lot of hints in Cottage Living but I might be wrong
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Not sure if this is the right board for suggesting new features, but a dream pack for me (as in it probably won't happen) would be a mystery pack. I'm not the biggest fan of the detective career in Get to Work, but I really like the Investigator profession in the Sims 3 Ambitions. It would be cool to have the return of the Investigator Career track return but you get to choose two types of "tracks":

- Private Eye Track: Where you're more of a Noir style detective in the vein of the Maltese Falcon or Columbo.
    OR
    - Consulting Detective Track: Where you have to solve crimes in a "closed circle" whodunit such as And There were None or Clue.

And for added measure, perhaps they could bring back a world similar to Roaring Heights since I think these careers could work for both settings. Alternatively, include clothing and objects that can present a retro aesthetic that's less formal than the Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack. Heck! They could even have a typewriter as an off the grid computer!

This sounds like something I would play! I am a big fan of Sherlock Holmes
    I wish they would add chores and make it so they can be assigned to kids/teens. Dishes could pile up in sink, we already have garbages and laundry, but maybe also add lawn mowing, shovelling walkway.

Also building maintenance, have doors break, kids playing sports could accidentally break a window.

This has been mentioned before but separate bank accounts so chores could amount to something for kids/teens.

It would also be nice to turn off control for other sims in household.

Have out of town relatives that come to visit and drive everyone crazy. Lol

Assign meal times so the sims don’t just eat leftovers or quick meals immediately once hungry.

I'd love for more realism like the dishes piling up, mowing the lawn and shovelling walkway.

About turning off controls for other sims in household: I thought this was a thing yet. Like, you can set your preference in the setting panel to only have autonomy set off for the Sim you are playing at the moment. If you select so, other sims in the household will live their lives autonomously.

Having out of town relatives come visit: am I dreaming or you can have it with University? I remember having my parents come and visit me at Uni while attending it. But I am not playing sims since nearly 2 months so I might be forgetting about it.
    gamercat wrote: »
    I think fairies or fairytales is next because there were a lot of hints in Cottage Living but I might be wrong

This post is about realistic game features.
    Fairies & werewolves are more sci-fi.
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I’d like to see a costume category, so when our sims go to Costume parties, or Geek Con or even just Halloween we can have all sims, inside and outside the household dressed in outfits we pick, whether they are traditional or not.

I also want a wedding category so we can have our sim dressed as we want for their wedding too, and other people dressed in certain ways too at the wedding. l want to see different wedding attire too. I think the categories should be basegame, but I’d love to see a romance/wedding game pack, with wedding showers bachelorette parties, lots of outfits including veils, tiara’s etc.

I would also like to see children be able to play together without being attached to toys, like tag, cops and robbers, hide and seek etc.

Also it would be nice it we could buy board games to put on book cases, tables, etc, and also be useable to play.

And how about bringing back newspapers and magazines.

How I miss the newspaper!!!
    And everything suggested is so much needed, like a category for costumes? A dream!
    I'd love for an ability to set a time when townies ask you to hangout. Sometimes I want an hour or two for my sims to get ready, aka get their needs up, before going out
    I love this idea too, right now I normally ignore the invites because my sim is usually right in the middle of doing something, or has low needs.
  • Carl_Veluz1992Carl_Veluz1992 Posts: 500 Member
    Better to be A Music Pack with the ability to form pop/rock bands + Ava Max Simified and 5 of her songs re-recorded in Simlish
    Not sure if this is the right board for suggesting new features, but a dream pack for me (as in it probably won't happen) would be a mystery pack. I'm not the biggest fan of the detective career in Get to Work, but I really like the Investigator profession in the Sims 3 Ambitions. It would be cool to have the return of the Investigator Career track return but you get to choose two types of "tracks":

- Private Eye Track: Where you're more of a Noir style detective in the vein of the Maltese Falcon or Columbo.
    OR
    - Consulting Detective Track: Where you have to solve crimes in a "closed circle" whodunit such as And There were None or Clue.

And for added measure, perhaps they could bring back a world similar to Roaring Heights since I think these careers could work for both settings. Alternatively, include clothing and objects that can present a retro aesthetic that's less formal than the Vintage Glamour Stuff Pack. Heck! They could even have a typewriter as an off the grid computer!

HOB does come with a typewriter that is an off the grid computer.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    I must say that we all needed more diverse radio station (R&B, reggae, country, geek rock, etc.) cause the non-diverse radio stations (Romance, backyard, summer strut, etc.) seems to make me feel like... I don't know, like can my R&B station be back this year, cause it's been 5 or 6 years during the works of all content packs of The Sims 4.
    There is a need for more diversity in music. 😎.
    How about if Sims could make their own music or even own a radio station? 🤔.

I mentioned this in another thread. Totally agree on new radio stations your Sims can own! I doubt that would not be a rabbit hole career, though.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    Realistic gameplay... Without the game becoming too realistic...

Survivalist... Like, add real dangers like wild animals, or mischievous criminals running around to cause trouble, perhaps? Who- or what- stole my Sim's favorite teddy bear?

Undercover detective would be cool, too. Why is the mastermind trying to collect so many gnomes, all of a sudden? No wonder the Gnomereaper vanished from the neighbors' lawn.
  • mordarlarmordarlar Posts: 38 Member
    edited August 2021
    I just want better store display options for unfinished products/materials. I want to be able to sell wool in stores and have it be displayed in a more attractive way. I want cartons for berries, a stand that single flowers can be placed in, a small container for herbs. I want to have an option for a farmer to turn over the bulk produce to a store owner for a bulk price. I want the store owner to have attractive and realistic display options. Lastly, I want my creators to have the ability to purchase all materials in person. Why can't we sell honey and wax in a store? I would love to have an attractive and functional craft supply store.