Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does the game not remember certain settings between sessions?

ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
edited August 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Every time I open build mode the grid is enabled. I always disable it unless I specifically need it. Most of the time I dont need it. Then I save while in build mode and it activates the grid if its disabled.

Inventory size doesnt stay the way I set them up. Some even adjust their size according to the size of other sims inventories on the same lot which I change sometimes depending on the amount of items currently visible. Because I hate to scroll.
Same with skills, relationships and sometimes aspirations.

When I start the game, the walls are set to "walls cutaway view". I HATE THAT SETTING!

At worst of all, the gallery. It always opens the one tab that takes the longest to load. It also bloats the file that saves previews. If it would open the news first...
Post edited by Zasz on

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Not sure... but everything you describe sounds like it's only a mouse click away...
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • ZaszZasz Posts: 806 Member
    Like half the game options in this game. Except I dont need to click on most things twice because the game saves the settings the first time.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2021
    Maybe try repairing your game with Origin to see if your settings remain the same each time. But this reminds me of what I was thinking about Windows 10 yesterday. Every darn time I turn on my pc or come back after it's been sleeping the very programs and or processes that I disabled are back up and running. It's a huge complaint about Windows 10, too. Especially, if I allow my pc to stay connected or reconnect to the internet. I figure if you play through Origin and or start your game while online, it creates the same issues for your game as it does for me with Windows 10 if I reconnect to the internet or restart my pc. They both change the settings by themselves with little control by the player or user.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Maybe try repairing your game
    This is not a bug. The devs simply didnt bother to include certain interface items into the mechanic that logs our settings.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Zasz wrote: »
    Maybe try repairing your game
    This is not a bug. The devs simply didnt bother to include certain interface items into the mechanic that logs our settings.

When I did build in TS4 I don't recall the grid lines reappearing if I had turned them off. But you might be right about the things you mentioned. The problem with Windows 10 is it does have ways to disable things but they turn themselves back on. Such as the gridlines you mentioned in build mode for TS4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    When I did build in TS4 I don't recall the grid lines reappearing if I had turned them off.
    Save the game while in build mode and they come back.
  • babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    Something definitely changed with a recent patch with regards to the inventory window size. I keep having to drag it back the way I like it and it didn’t used to be that way before.