Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let's talk about vehicles and what they should do if/when they get in game

So we already know it's a sims 2 world with the load screens so I think cars should have more game play since we can't really drive it around like in Sims 3.
1. I want to be able to wash vehicles
2. Fix Vehicles or have a mechanic job.
3. Woohoo in vehicles
4. Turn on the radio
5. Like hang out in the back of a pick up truck and look at the stars or clouds or even sleep back there.
6. Eat/ Sleep in the car.
7. Have like an Uber job with your car.
8. Teens learn how to drive in the car
9. Teens take car for joyride
10. Chance of a car wreck possible death but that might be to morbid.
11. Should we put gas in car?
12. An angry ex or your enemy comes and break your windows or flatten your tire
13. Flat tire
14. Clean inside car like vacuum.
Anymore ideas someone has.

Comments

• SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I would like to have many different cars from various eras. It would be funny to have one that matches the description of Adam Sandler's vehicle from "Ode To My Car".

From old beaters to shiny new cars. I realize they can't make all the cars in existence because there are too many. It would also be nice to have other types of vehicles like wagons, horse-drawn carriages, (eventually would be great to have horses to ride for transportation). Boats would be nice-- (I think we got some limited ones in Island Living but I never played around with that much).

We could go from the very low tech stuff like rickshaws (pulled by a person either on foot or on bicycle), to small carts, to covered wagons, to carriages, etc.) up to hovercraft and flying cars.

I personally would love to see a Bowden Spacelander bike. They just look so cool. If I could ride a bike & actually had a place to ride one (no bike lanes in rural area) I'd want one.

As for cars, I would like some vintage ones. I'd love to see some Volvo Amazons. The 2 door, the 4 door "saloon", and the "estate". I'll have to dig up pictures later.

Pickup trucks would be nice. I'm partial to the Honda Ridgeline (because that's what I drive).

Perhaps they could be powered by gas, but maybe sims could make fuel from plants and other stuff they way they make fertilizer. Some stuff will work better than others. Solar power/electricity would also be good. Vehicles could charge up via solar powered ports.

I like all of the suggestions for car activities that you've listed. Perhaps handymen could upgrade the car to never break down, never have flat tires, never need fuel, be self-cleaning, etc.

I do *not* want sims forming "relationships" with cars like they did in a TS3 pack. That was a bit on the creepy side.

Pets should be able to sit on top of cars and go for rides with sims.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    edited July 2021
    You could prank a car with a fish (what you do is tape or wire a fish under the firewall, so in a day or two the car reeks of rotten fish). This might fit in with your ideas number 12 and 14 above.

Functionally, the car object should work like the Travel button on the phone too. Have a "Travel..." menu option along with what ever else you can do with the car. Clicking on "Travel" brings you to the same options as the phone menu.

I think with option 11 - fuel - the way to handle that is to just charge a simoleon cost once you travel. (Realistically, how often do you put fuel in your car at home) ? Perhaps this could be adjusted according to the characteristics of the car and any eco-pack NAPs in place. An older car ought to cost more to run than a newer, more efficient car. Electric cars might have no travel cost, but simply increase your household power usage while they recharge.
    Post edited by StuffyMarx on
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I'd like to see new lots types that are built with cars in mind. A old fashion drive in movie theater would be nice though the films would need to last longer than Movie Night, a romantic mountain lookout where your Sims can see the city below, fast food drive thru, car lot who wants a buy a car in build mode and most importantly a race track.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    I'd like to see new lots types that are built with cars in mind. A old fashion drive in movie theater would be nice though the films would need to last longer than Movie Night, a romantic mountain lookout where your Sims can see the city below, fast food drive thru, car lot who wants a buy a car in build mode and most importantly a race track.

I love this, if they can't be driven at least they should be used otherwise. I'd also like camping van type cars that can be used by sims to live in them or use them as food trucks to start a business.
  • Simcity_TrainsSimcity_Trains Posts: 107 Member
    I miss the hover limo and the hover metro
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Maybe they could add buses and motorcycles too
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    I'd love a VW Beetle, some cars from the 1930s-70s, and even a horse drawn carriage/buggy (basically a smaller, less bulky carriage thats open-air)
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I miss my Sim getting picked up for work in da choppa!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    edited July 2021
    well first 10 thoughts

1.motorcycles
    2.kicking down row of parked motorcycles *results in sims immediately showing up to rage at you (urbz)

3.racing (on lot item and off lot events)

id really love if we had motorcycle races in the backalleys like in urbz
    track could just be nice object to place anywhere and slot motorcycles of choice on

and i think it be mega cool if it appeared like how festivals do in some driveways in worlds we have like for example behind spice market apartments is like perfect unused spot for it

and well cars... why not though i think that rink would have to be on actual lot

4.tuning/ building/fixing cars and motorcycles... and no not in the vague way like "purchase upgrade part done" make it actual handy handy hobby and have them actually build maybe even as group if want to there is so few things to use that handiness for

5. the basics like woohoo, music, makeout,hang out...

6. 2 sims can ride on same motorcycle (romantically or less romantically)
    and at least 4 sims in a car (maybe there should be ridiculous 8sim car or bus or something too for funs)

7.actual garage doors.... so much faking for those :tired_face: they could maybe also have off chance of accidents that you could turn off but for fun

8. skateboards or kids cars :lol: something fun like that for the younger than driving age

9. yes motorcycles and cars should use gas and there could also be eco option to charge with electricity instead

10. washing them cars and motorcycles...there could be a flirty option too ;)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    well first 10 thoughts

1.motorcycles
    2.kicking down row of parked motorcycles *results in sims immediately showing up to rage at you (urbz)

3.racing (on lot item and off lot events)

id really love if we had motorcycle races in the backalleys like in urbz
    track could just be nice object to place anywhere and slot motorcycles of choice on

and i think it be mega cool if it appeared like how festivals do in some driveways in worlds we have like for example behind spice market apartments is like perfect unused spot for it

and well cars... why not though i think that rink would have to be on actual lot

4.tuning/ building/fixing cars and motorcycles... and no not in the vague way like "purchase upgrade part done" make it actual handy handy hobby and have them actually build maybe even as group if want to there is so few things to use that handiness for

5. the basics like woohoo, music, makeout,hang out...

6. 2 sims can ride on same motorcycle (romantically or less romantically)
    and at least 4 sims in a car (maybe there should be ridiculous 8sim car or bus or something too for funs)

7.actual garage doors.... so much faking for those :tired_face: they could maybe also have off chance of accidents that you could turn off but for fun

8. skateboards or kids cars :lol: something fun like that for the younger than driving age

9. yes motorcycles and cars should use gas and there could also be eco option to charge with electricity instead

10. washing them cars and motorcycles...there could be a flirty option too ;)

Yes to motorcycle omg we need motorcycles in game Devs please and thank you.
  • EliteGirlEliteGirl Posts: 537 Member
    edited August 2021
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    So we already know it's a sims 2 world with the load screens so I think cars should have more game play since we can't really drive it around like in Sims 3.
    3. Woohoo in vehicles
    4. Turn on the radio
    5. Like hang out in the back of a pick up truck and look at the stars or clouds or even sleep back there.
    13. Flat tire

I like the concept of numbers of your list 6, 3, 1, and 5. I also liked the suggestion of motorcycles someone made.What about skateboarding rinks for the younger generation that can’t drive yet? And rollerblading as well as rollerblading rinks for all ages (except toddlers and babies)
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    edited August 2021
    3. Woohoo in vehicles
    4. Turn on the radio
    13. Flat tire

This will do.^^^^

Sims with certain traits will be more likely to have an accident, or have someone vandalize their car.
    Like, mean sims will get their car keyed. Or your car may be keyed by a mean sim if you get in an argument with them.
    You could do some interesting things with traits and emotions.

Some sims will get moodlets like road rage and come home angry or stressed.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    EliteGirl wrote: »
    3. Woohoo in vehicles
    4. Turn on the radio
    13. Flat tire

I like the concept of numbers of your list 6, 3, 1, and 5. I also liked the suggestion of motorcycles someone made.What about skateboarding rinks for the younger generation that can’t drive yet? And rollerblading as well as rollerblading rinks for all ages (except toddlers and babies)

I would like a skate park and in seasons we already have a roller rink and in winter it's ice skating.
    CK213 wrote: »
    3. Woohoo in vehicles
    4. Turn on the radio
    13. Flat tire

This will do.^^^^

Sims with certain traits will be more likely to have an accident, or have someone vandalize their car.
    Like, mean sims will get their car keyed. Or your car may be keyed by a mean sim if you get in an argument with them.
    You could do some interesting things with traits and emotions.

Some sims will get moodlets like road rage and come home angry or stressed.

Yeah especially the moodlets of road rage lol.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    When they do finally decide to put playable vehicles in Sims 4, I want:
    K.I.T.T (Knight Rider)
    DeLorean (Back to the Future)
    Motorcycle (Ghost Rider)
    Batmobile
    Batplane
    Batcycle
    Xmen Jet

Basically, I love unusual vehicles. ;)
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    Motorcycles, Vespas, skooters, motor-trikes, would all be cool. Smart cars would also be cute.

I said I would post pics later:
    Volvo Amazon sedan
    tumblr_lmeyrqYK8W1qku51so1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lmey4u7ddh1qku51so1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lmeykfD5QK1qku51so1_500.jpg

Volvo Amazon estate:
    tumblr_lmevvsY7km1qku51so1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lmevz0PZhI1qku51so1_r1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lmew1e5H5O1qku51so1_r1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lmevs5J1gC1qku51so1_500.jpg

Bowden Spacelander
    tumblr_nuorfjDddP1qku51so1_500.jpg
    tumblr_nuopaaxTiW1qku51so1_500.jpg
  • daryl921daryl921 Posts: 11 New Member
    Having a camping car to live in would be nice.Maybe add mobil homes too,they are a kind of vehicle since they can be moved.Caravans also maybe?Trucks and trailers?A new job delivering stuff with your truck?Just some ideas that came to mind.
  • daryl921daryl921 Posts: 11 New Member
    Ha speaking of vehicles I just got the idea of taxi driver as a new job.
  • AvatarBoyAvatarBoy Posts: 1,147 Member
    Suceress wrote: »
    Motorcycles, Vespas, skooters, motor-trikes, would all be cool. Smart cars would also be cute.

I said I would post pics later:
    Volvo Amazon sedan
    tumblr_lmeyrqYK8W1qku51so1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lmey4u7ddh1qku51so1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lmeykfD5QK1qku51so1_500.jpg

Volvo Amazon estate:
    tumblr_lmevvsY7km1qku51so1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lmevz0PZhI1qku51so1_r1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lmew1e5H5O1qku51so1_r1_500.jpg
    tumblr_lmevs5J1gC1qku51so1_500.jpg

Bowden Spacelander
    tumblr_nuorfjDddP1qku51so1_500.jpg
    tumblr_nuopaaxTiW1qku51so1_500.jpg

This would look really good for the Henford on Bagley world
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    Here are some cars that I hope that they will take inspiration from if they will add electric vehicles.

fyEW77I.png

Fiat 500e, Honda E
    Hyundai Ioniq 5, Tesla Model 3
    Kia EV6, Mercedes EQS
    Porsche Taycan, Audi E-Tron GT.
    logion wrote: »
    Here are some cars that I hope that they will take inspiration from if they will add electric vehicles.

fyEW77I.png

Fiat 500e, Honda E
    Hyundai Ioniq 5, Tesla Model 3
    Kia EV6, Mercedes EQS
    Porsche Taycan, Audi E-Tron GT.

Hey where's the Prius family lol
  • Franko30Franko30 Posts: 64 Member
    edited September 2021
    As type of cars go on, I would like every type, like a sport cars, a muscle car, pick up truck... and you know, if I have a big pick up truck, I expect it to be polluing the air and also cost a lot... I mean we need that cars are really expensive, like for the top cars, being over the 100 000 simoleons, because if they bring cars in the game with lets say the most expensive one being at 15 000 simoleon for example, than that will be a lack luster.... like common, its so easy to get rich, especially if its not a first generation of sims, or if you play with the longest life span, we need overpriced things.

I would even like to have like a car that cost a billion simoleons, that would be sick...
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    Franko30 wrote: »
    I would even like to have like a car that cost a billion simoleons, that would be sick...

Made of solid gold and covered in diamonds? :lol: They could make the limo and a few other cars more expensive and luxurious, but I think most cars would be cheaper than 15.000 simoleons.
  • Franko30Franko30 Posts: 64 Member
    edited September 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Franko30 wrote: »

Made of solid gold and covered in diamonds? :lol: They could make the limo and a few other cars more expensive and luxurious, but I think most cars would be cheaper than 15.000 simoleons.

Well better not having cars then... whats the point then? Trust me I want them bad, but if its to be that cheap... they can scrap this idea and work on other things... Do you know that some cars aren't covered in diamond and golds and still cost like millions... like im not saying all the cars, but realistic feaking price please.

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,958 Member
    edited September 2021
    As for looks these are some id like back
    Carjunk.png
    S3se_car_06.png
    sims-2-nightlife-usable-cars.jpg?ssl=1
    MTS_CyberBob78-1304537-MotocycleParkingOnly.jpg
    Sylvan_Motor_Carriage.jpg
    thesims2bogc_001-large.jpg
    540508-914846_20031204_005.jpg
    GR.jpg
    586934-920432_20040728_005.jpg
    sims_bustin_out_conceptart_cLHkM.jpg

also the music car here i can't find just picture of it :sweat_smile:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8hmnqUneKM

aaand id also like these kinds of additions:
    17984973-1963-volkswagen-bus-jumbo.jpg
    Ford-Model-T-1024x768.jpg
    kuplaresto.jpg

...oh the limited car knowledge restricts me from google finding them all but basically anything vintage antique old and shapely has some character and doesn't look like microwave oven I'm into it
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free