Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Scandinavian world for Sims 4

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited February 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
6.png
A Scandinavian world like Aurora Skies would be really awesome! It could feature Fjords, grass roofs, colorful houses and Ikea-inspired furniture!

With Seasons it could be cold all year round! There could also be snow in early spring and late fall.

At nighttime there would be northern lights at the sky to watch! Sims would get an inspired boost when they are outside during the night.

Maybe house boats could also make a return in this world
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• Lexera1000Lexera1000 Posts: 22 Member
    And what about new food too? I was in Denmark once for vacation and I feel in love with the dessert!
    o3fP5ky.jpg

Gallery ID Mimicrysims
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    Lexera1000 wrote: »
    And what about new food too? I was in Denmark once for vacation and I feel in love with the dessert!

What was the food called? I'd like to know, maybe the gurus could add it with a Scandinavian world!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Lexera1000Lexera1000 Posts: 22 Member
    I've no idea, cannot remember because it was long time ago but all the desserts were superb. All of them :)
    o3fP5ky.jpg

Gallery ID Mimicrysims
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    edited December 2018
    As a Norwegian, I highly approve of this idea. Yes please.

Though I gotta say, Aurora Skies reminds me more of Iceland.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    edited January 2019
    Magdaleena wrote: »

That's why they should do more of a Fjord-inspired world, that's more Scandinavian and less Icelandic

The pirate ship playground object for kids could be reskinned as a Viking ship! :)
    Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on
    a256aFi.gif
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    The more countries and cultures in TS4, the better! I'd honestly like TS4 to have the most diverse world options of any game in the franchise bc I really think the cartoony style opens the door for so many amazing environments. I also think countries like Russia and Scandinavia have not been properly presented in the previous iterations, which is a shame bc they are really beautiful.
  • simlottesimlotte Posts: 56 Member
    YES PLEASE! would loooooove the game to feel more scandinavian! my real life style (interior and fashion) is already inspired by the scandinavian lifestyle! whenever I design a home in the sims 4 I try to implement some hygge and minimalism scandinavian style but it all feels so american. especially the kitchen! I have yet to find a kitchen I like. My real life dream kitchen is the ikea värde kitchen, would love to treat my sims to something similar. OMG, imagine if they did a stuff pack similar to the sims 2 where they partnered with h&m or ikea but this time they partner with hay! I would literally die!
  • simlottesimlotte Posts: 56 Member
    and northern lights! Such a cool idea!
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    Yes to the Scandinavian world. Maybe with a mountain region that is covered in snow the entire year? (maybe that is too much. I'll leave it here)
    And a lot of references to Viking, Scandinavian and Germanic culture! A lot of Viking-Style CAS and Decor and cool NPCs with Scandinavian names to come with it.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    I would love this! In spite of the snow issues on some lots, that was my favorite Sims 3 world. Would love a similar world in Sims 4 - complete with lots of winter (in spite of snow depth absence).
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
    Haha as a Swede I just feel naaaah I think it's quite boring, I'd rather have south european
  • Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    I am Danish, and I would love it. But I don't reckon it's coming. We can't even have a forum anymore!!
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member

That's why they should do more of a Fjord-inspired world, that's more Scandinavian and less Icelandic

The pirate ship playground object for kids could be reskinned as a Viking ship! :)

Vikings! That'd be awesome.
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:
    LSM36 wrote: »

There could even be more reference to Vikings suchs as a Viking shipwreck at the beach, Viking helmets in CAS or Viking ship statues :D
    a256aFi.gif
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    LSM36 wrote: »

There could even be more reference to Vikings suchs as a Viking shipwreck at the beach, Viking helmets in CAS or Viking ship statues :D

But actual Viking helmets. Not the things with the horns that didn't exist IRL and would be impractical AF.
    edited January 2019
    Something like this would be amazing
    800px-Longyearbyen_july2011_1.jpg
    1039485650.jpg
    (It's a town in Spitsbergen, Norway)
    a256aFi.gif
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    The+Sims+3+-+Aurora+Skies+(2).jpg
    A Scandinavian world like Aurora Skies would be really awesome! It could feature Fjords, grass roofs and and Ikea-inspired furniture!

With Seasons there could also be snow in early spring and late fall.

At nighttime there would be northern lights at the sky to watch! Sims would get an inspired boost when they are outside during the night.

Count me in if it has waterfalls like Aurora Skies.
  • LaneBoy1995LaneBoy1995 Posts: 133 Member
    I really want! Im from Portugal but Im so fascinated by nordic countries and the beautiful houses and landscapes from scandinavia!
    There could turn this pirate ship children play object into a Viking ship!
    250?cb=20151123112405
    o.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
    A Scandinavian or Arctic world would be really cool! With Seasons it could be cold all year round!

Screenshot-59.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    That would be cool!
    What kind of activities and gameplay do you have in mind?
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
    edited February 2019
    That would be cool!
    What kind of activities and gameplay do you have in mind?

They could bring back house boats with a Scandinavian pack
    MTS_simsgal2227-1491800-Screenshot-36.jpg

Since they kind of reintroduced world packs with StrangerVille, maybe as a Game Pack with a story?
    a256aFi.gif
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    6.png
    A Scandinavian world like Aurora Skies would be really awesome! It could feature Fjords, grass roofs, colorful houses and Ikea-inspired furniture!

With Seasons it could be cold all year round! There could also be snow in early spring and late fall.

Maybe house boats could also make a return in this world

We REALLY need some worlds that work as opposite to the extreme heat ones (which we have 3 so far, Oasis Springs, Del Sol Valley and Strangerville). But no extreme snow/cold world.
  • DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    If they ever did a mermaid pack it could come with that, because of the Little Mermaid's origin and because fjords would provide lots of coastline.

Or a vacation world. I had been dreaming of an alpine vacation, with skiing and snowshoeing activities, but they already have some of that kind of architecture. Fjords near mountains would also work for this, and the Viking theme could provide a lot of tourist adventure options.

Not that I'd mind it as a regular world, but I'm hoping for more vacation destinations and supernatural game packs before the series ends, so that's where my interests lie.
  • iiina95iiina95 Posts: 3 New Member
    I would really love a Scandinavian world!