Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Blueprint Builds

Comments

• msmunkiemsmunkie Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks, @GlacierSnow ! It was an attempt at a coffee bean inspired entry. The lattice gives them the false sense of privacy that no one is listening to their tea time conversations. :)
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,652 Member
    Thank you to everyone who participated in making such wonderful café’s for this months challenge, you were all so creative!

@icanhassims The Bean House is a very nice café! I love the way you designed the roof and the greenery on the outside really adds to the café. I especially like the tables that you used for the patio. The interior of the café is wonderful as well. The plant shelf in the front half is so well done and I really like that you added a break room on the second floor for the staff to enjoy. Well done!

@JojoMOMSTER Jugo Frio Cantina is such a great café! I love that you gave the café a Spanish theme. The exterior is wonderful with the awnings and stone and stucco combinations. I love all the bright colors that you have chosen for the interior. I really had to think hard to figure out where you got the juice bar, it fits in perfectly! You have done a great job of the planters as well. Nicely done!

@luckyheather Crystal Rock café is beautiful! I love the modern feel that this café has. The white and green work so well together and I really like the rock gardens! It is great that you have added activities for the whole family to enjoy while visiting the café. I really like the fact that you created a balcony with an internet café area. The outdoor entertaining area is a nice touch as well. Great job!

@seaben 2nd Time Around Café is just lovely! I love the idea of using recycled materials for the café. You have done an excellent job of achieving that look; I really like the eclectic look and the way you used many different and bright colors. I think it is great that you used the empty space above to create a living space. I find that so handy when actually playing the game. Well done!

@GlacierSnow Café Cinema is so nice! I love the idea of using an old movie theater to create a café and making clubs so that they can watch movies. You have done a great job making the exterior of the café actually look like and old theater and the interior is so classy! Adding the game room instead of the kitchen is a nice addition and I love the movie posters on the wall. Beautifully done!

@msmunkie Beans and bites Café is so creative! For not making builds other than residential often you sure nailed this one! The green and brown color scheme looks so nice together. The planters are beautiful and I love the dividers that you have given for privacy. The large skylight looks very nice as well and I really like the lounge and game area that you have chosen to do with the second-floor space. Nicely done!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    Thank you @AlJay i liked all the cafes too.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    Thanks @AlJay ! This was a fun challenge, and a great excuse to make a movie theater which I'd been thinking of doing for a while. :smiley:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • msmunkiemsmunkie Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks, @AlJay ! It was great motivation to venture into retail lots.
    edited August 2021
    August Challenge

BqTjV99.jpg

The challenge for August is to use this blueprint to design a home. Your build can be on any size lot and any style you choose. There is no budget but please do not use any custom content. Hashtag with #BB22 and #aljay2000 when you upload it to the gallery. As always, if you wish to make a household for your new build, please feel free to do that as well!

If you need a starting point, I have uploaded a shell to the gallery for you to use. This is just a guide and can be put on any size lot with any wall and foundation height.

BlueprintBuilds – August Shell

Have fun! I look forward to seeing what you come up with this month!
    Post edited by AlJay on
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,776 Member

Thanks very much @AlJay for those great comments about my cafe and the internet idea came from your version of the blueprint ;) The idea for the rocks and crystals came from the reward from Snowy Escape, I am pleased you like it. I have DL the new shell and hope to do it later on. Thanks for these fun Blueprint builds.
    Thanks @luckyheather I look forward to seeing your house :)
  • illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    Sorry for being late! I really like this floor plan. I didn't use the shell, but let the floor plan inspire me. I hope you like it

ENTRY FORM

Challenge Number:21
    Origin ID: illusie
    Gallery Name of Build: Tiki Coffee
    Gallery Link: Download
    Link to slideshow: More Pictures
    Additional Notes:
    Are you longing for a cup of coffee despite the heat? Then look no further! Tiki Coffee is the place to go. It also serves as an Internet Cafe.

aHkLLrO.png
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    That is a lovely idea for an indoor/ outdoor cafe!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    Tiki Coffee is a lovely island cafe! @illusie :)Very nice exterior design,great roofing,and pretty sea blue wood textured walls. Very nice roof covered outdoors dining area to enjoy eating and drinking in the sea air. Very pretty patterned rugs underneath the tables! The stools counter is very nice for sims to enjoy sitting there having coffee and food from the espresso bar counter. The sofa seating is very nice for sitting reading books or using laptops. Very nice upper level tiki bar area to enjoy having drinks from the bar. The candles on the tables are pretty and are restful! Very nice tiki torches lights.
    It is very nice and calming island cafe! :)
    @JojoMOMSTER thank you very much!

@rosemow, thank you very much! I love Sulani, so I was happy I could make this cafe work for this world. Glad to hear you like it!
    @illusie your café is wonderful! I love the bright island colors and the open deck. Sulani is my favorite world as well so I always love to see people build there! Great job! Thank you for participating :)
    @AlJay, thank you for the lovely comments!
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,776 Member

Hi @AlJay I thought I had the shell..well I didnt Lol so I grabbed it yesterday so i hope to start it soon :)
    Its so quiet here I thought a nudge was in order ;) Cant wait to see everyone's take on your lovely shell.
    Thanks @luckyheather I look forward to seeing your house :)
    ENTRY FORM

Challenge Number:22
    Origin ID: illusie
    Gallery Name of Build: Wisteria Cottage
    Gallery Link: Download
    Link to slideshow: More Pictures
    Additional Notes:
    I didn't follow the floor plan 100%, since I thought for such a big house it would be better to have 3 bedrooms. I'm hope that's okay!

PBXx3Tk.png

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,584 Member
    edited August 2021
    Wisteria Cottage is a lovely family cottage! @illusie :) Very nice exterior design, warm colour and stone textured walls, and the outdoors dining, bbq and picnic patio area is very nice to enjoy eating meals outdoors. The chicken coop corner is great! Very lovely furnishing of the interior! The wall patterns in the rooms are pretty.Very nice warm wood texture of the furniture. The sunflowers on the entry table are sunny for sims to see as they enter the home and the pig is cute! Very nice sofa and armchairs fireplace sitting area in the living room for sims to enjoy watching tv, doing cross stitching or reading books in the warmth of the fire. Very nice homey furnishing of the kitchen and dining areas.Each of the bedrooms are lovely! The teddies are cute in the kids room! Very nice rugs and fireplace seating in the master bedroom.
    @rosemow, thank you <3
    Your house is so beautiful @illusie !
    @AlJay thank you <3
  • strexpetstrexpet Posts: 5 New Member
    > @illusie said:
    > ENTRY FORM
    >
    > Challenge Number:22
    > Origin ID: illusie
    > Gallery Name of Build: Wisteria Cottage
    > Gallery Link: Download
    > Link to slideshow: More Pictures
    > Additional Notes:
    > I didn't follow the floor plan 100%, since I thought for such a big house it would be better to have 3 bedrooms. I'm hope that's okay!

I love how you've done the windows here, everything flows very nicely and I love the bee!
    @strexpet thank you <3
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    @illusie I like both Tiki Coffee and Wisteria Cottage! You do a great job creating a comfortable, cozy, lived-in feel to your lots.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
    @glaciersnow, thank you so much for the sweet comment <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top