Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today, The Non-Serial Story Version

Comments

• calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Scott Times Three!

So I finally dived into Cottage Living with the Scott family and almost immediately, the whim to try for baby popped up, so I went for it.

The 🐸🐸🐸🐸 game decides now of all times to give triplets, so meet Walter, Whitney & Wayne Scott. Christ, it was exhausting!

Fortunately Jordan Knight had fully upgraded their chicken coop so Oprah never needs feeding, is clean and content, and foxes cannot get near her due to the alarm.

I've moved to the Watsons now.

3Dcb8BX.png
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited July 2021
    Allie and Kurt shared their first kiss and became girlfriend and boyfriend. I had to hurry because I got a notification that she was developing "single and loving it" lifestyle and I don't want it for Allie.
    Lb3mzHO.png

Allie also got herself a bordercollie puppy. His name is Rambo. <3
    cM7qKbU.png
  • ButterWafflesARButterWafflesAR Posts: 113 Member
    I unfortunately can't share any pictures, yet.. BUT I can try to explain in words what happen.
    I was playing as Willow, one of my side sims, and she invited her best friend, Morgyn over for dinner. Not sure if it says the same for everyone else, but on my game, Morgyn hates cooking.
    Anyway, I made Willow cook together with Morgyn. Despite not liking cooking, Morgyn agreed to it.
    However, all he did was stand on the other side of the counter and watched as Willow made chocolate pie. :p
    Just seconds after she finished and set the pie down, I see Morgyn stomp off out of the house. I followed him to see where he was going. He stomped all the way around the house and kicked down Willow's trashcan. :|
    I was like, "Well, I won't ask him to cook again. Didn't think he would throw a tantrum." And here I thought he was a peaceful fella.
    But of course, Willow just walks right around the outside of her house, picks up the trashcan, throws the spilled trash away, and cheerfully trots over to Morgyn and starts talking about cows. :D
    Aaahhhh, she such a forgiving sims. lol
    BACK TO THE FUTURE!!!
    d3Z5s3V.jpg
  • Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,303 Member

Lileely Batistee is ALWAYS wandering around "proud and happy". :D
    (I think she is permanently 'infected'.)
    qh3HiSi.png
    Christie Sigworth, (Jess and Dylan's daughter) is a secret agent for awhile after changing careers quite a few times. (She's an insider).
    Sticking with Secret Agent career now though.
    qXiYPky.png
    When another Secret Agent tells her to "move along", Christie says, "Right back atcha. *wink* Out of my way, I'm scanning for spore clusters.".
    cN9tTKy.png

A couple extras here:
    Christie Sigworth: "HEY LOOK! A UFO!!!"

"What? Where? WHERE?!!!"
    Xzucs9d.png

Christie: "Ha! Ha! Heh!!! You fell for it!"

"Indeed I did. Welcome to the Secret Agent club. Ok. You got me..."
    HrKF7OT.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    Random NPC shocks locals.

4xrclVV.png
    erFnM1b.png
    ZHRvA57.png
    umf7hSv.png
    hvn95Bv.png

Don't let that glazed expression fool you. He knows exactly what he's doing.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    Alina Markov's grown into quite the cutie in her teen years, in addition to being a whip-smart, shockingly fast learner (she's got every bonus from toddler and childhood plus Scouting Aptitude, Savant, and a pair of parents who can mentor her in just about any skill she'd ever want to try and gain—by the time she got the first rank of the Bestselling Author aspiration, she was already at Level 7 Writing, and she got similar results trying out painting for the first time), remains a committed Anglophile just waiting for her chance to move to Henford-on-Bagley when she's just a little bit older.

Almost there, but here's Alina eating a meal...of course it's fish and chips (which reminds me, I should have that for lunch tomorrow.)
    gt7KbFh.png
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited July 2021
    Cassandra Goth is a sort of Step-Sim of my Legacy family, and who I am playing in Henford on Bagley. She is a graduate assistant of Art History (distinguished degree, with honors, of course), working toward a professorship at Britechester and considering further degrees, comfortably well-to-do, walking that posh-but-earthy line living rurally in her country house, like one does. In my game, she is also a spellcaster:

PMs9aSh.png

As I hinted before, Cass becoming a Spellcaster came about through gameplay, as a natural result of the story I was telling to myself in my head as I played. Backstory & more behind spoilers, to avoid clutter.
    My premise is that the Goths in game are descendants of a disgraced Master Magician, the notorious Faustus von Göthe, whose famous, annotated tranlation of the fabled Glimmerbók became a classic in the field, known to most unaware of its provenance simply as the "Tome for Advanced Spellcasters". In spite of his undeniable erudition and skill, his attempt to save the Académie Arcane from destruction as it found itself squarely in the way of artillery combat around 1915 led to the chateau and it's village being shunted to the Astral Plane, requiring the efforts of the Sages of the Three Schools of Magic to cooperate to keep it from disintegrating into the raw, luminiferous aethyr of the spirit-world.

OJY5joq.png

The school was saved, but not without considerable collateral damage. However much worse an artillery barrage might have been, for acting unilaterally without consulting his colleagues, Faustus von Göthe was stripped of his rank and forced to surrender his besom, his cauldron, his wand, and even his hand-written copy of the Glimmerbók, and subjected to the Rite of Dissolution, barring him from further practice of Magic.

f8Sw5bb.png

No Goth would ever persuade the Sages to reverse that decision, however, and if the family legacy were to be restored, it would take an independed Master of Practical Magic to, first, actually learn to perform the Rite of Ascension and, second, to be willing to stand his or her ground against the disapproval of the established families of the Magical world and bestow the Rite on von Göthe's dispossessed descendants.

Conveniently, the Goths had just entered a matrimonial alliance with the McGee-Baulaire clan, marrying their son, Alexander, to Alf, the son of notable celebrity chef, Riley McGee and his husband, the influential fashion and lifestyle writer for Simogue, Avery Baulaire. Now, Avery can get a bit "woo" in his writing, takes a serious view of the more mystical side of yoga, and has written a lot of popular works exploring spiritual movements of the past (see the San Myshuno Chronicle's review of his runaway bestseller, The Peterine Prophecy for details).

So when second son, and fellow yogic enthusiast, Bhakti Baulaire, chose to pursue the Arcane Arts, his Goth connections mentioned that they had a property in Glimmerbrook, a remote artist colony / spiritual community known to be closely associated with such pursuits, in need of a caretaker. It was not a large house - originally just a groundskeeper's cottage - but Bhakti was welcome to establish himself there, with the understanding that should his advances in Practical Magic allow, he would in return restore the magical heritage of the Goth family.

qtpR7pG.png

So, as he was preparing to finish his final year of high school, Bhakti made his way through a crumbling portal to the Academy grounds, presented himself as a candidate for initiation, and was accepted.

"I swear upon this, my extra-credit homework, and upon my honor as a valedictorian, always to uphold the Three Principles of Magic and to conduct myself in such a manner as to be a credit to my instructors. So mote it be." Sages: "So mote it be."

yhaByo6.png

But the Sages aren't stupid, the Baulaire-Goth marriage, however understated the ceremony, was noted in the society pages, and they knew perfectly well what was likely to transpire if Bhakti Baulaire became a Master of the Practical Arts. Elle Faba, Sage of Mischief, accordingly decided that he should be tested, to see whether he could handle an apprentice of his own, and manage to master his studies in spite of the most tempting distractions known. Not even Merlin had been immune to love, and wound up charmed into a hollow tree, a tower of air, or a crystal cave by the scheming enchantress, Nimue. Bhakti's peril is one of Faba's junior students, spooky boy Beejay Kinsey:

LUnOeHD.png

FJLIVUJ.png

LONG story short, in spite of Beejay's persistent, even relentless assaults on his concentration, not to mention modesty, and chastity, Bhakti did become a Master, and even a Virtuoso, married Beej, and lived up to the agreement that gave him a no-strings tenancy of the Glimmerbrook cottage, by restoring the Goth family heritage. But he chose to elevate Cassandra, and his nephew Darian, and let them decide who else in the family to honor with Ascension.

(Beejay would contrive to created mischief in other ways, such as fathering a child out of wedlock on Bhakti's younger brother, Chance, who would go on to establish the Setting Sun Sanctum in San Myshuno. Bhakti would retaliate by propagating his own magical lineage, having a child with Chance's husband - sufficient mischief to satisfy Elle Faba that he wasn't slacking, and eventful for my Legacy, but not relevant to my immediate household.)

Cassandra took the restoration of her family reputation seriously, leaned on the arts world connections of the Baulaires, and undertook the historic restoration of the Faustus von Göthe residence at No. 13, Rue St. Hermès, which ought to be in the Latin Quarter in Paris, but is in Britechester for gameplay reasons.

K9EuafC.png

Every sorcerer and sorceress is expected to pass on what they have learned - the Art of Magic is traditionally taught in an initiatory lineage, from master to pupil, mouth to ear. And Cassandra is doing so, and has likewise mastered the Practical Arts while managing to navigate the labyrinths of Academe to the point where she can afford to get some physical distance from the ivy-clad cloisters of Britechester and build her own life, to her own somewhat particular standards. Grading papers is less of a chore, in an environment that feeds the spirit. Cassandra is enjoying Cottage Living every bit as much as I am.

kYa4INF.png

Studying - and settling - abroad has, however, made it less easy for Cassandra to maintain ties with her family, so when Mortimer makes a plaintive call suggesting she really is missed, she is punctillious in marking her calendar and, the next day being a Friday, taking Fauna to meet her parents, and see her childhood home. Fauna hits it off with Bella, while Cass dutifully checks in with Mortimer, having a serious discussion about family matters, and the upshot was that she bestowed the Rite of Ascension on her father - something to interest him in his Elder years, as he doesn't have a spy bureau to manage like his busy wife.

zAt1VLx.png

Now, those family relics on the second story landing can be more than expensive antiques. Cassandra and Fauna acquaint Mortimer with the equipment in his keeping, and brew a Potion of Good Fortune to celebrate, like the thoughtful enchantresses they are. Fauna can use the practice, so Cassandra allows her to do most of the conjuration - with supervision - while making sure that Mortimer gets the daughter-time he was missing.

SrrwTCf.png

DARQMMG.png

Notice the Glimmerbók, on the statue's salver behind Fauna. Mortimer will have both an apprentice and adept's grimoire, a wand, a spare raven familiar, plus Faustus von Göthe's cauldron and crystal broom. But most importantly, the love and admiration of his only daughter. Awww... :)

HqvVtzF.png

So, maybe she wasn't great at keeping in touch during her student years, but Cassandra certainly went all-out in making amends. True, Mortimer and Bella are Elders now, and with distractions of their own - like their Goth-Baulaire grandchildren, across the street. But while she may be a bit reserved, Cassandra is far from unfeeling, and promises to be in touch. She is also organized, and forsightful. It's not too soon to prepare to remain in touch even after her parents pass over.

6BGkwOn.png

V5Sw1MX.png

Cottage Living isn't all stomping around muddy trails in your wellies and feeding chickens. Sometimes it's communing with the Other Side in black crèpe-de-chine and pearls. Perhaps she's passing on the news to the departed shade of Faustus von Göthe, himself? I like to think he'd be pleased!

And that's the news from the Old New Henford sorceress' sanctum. :)

Post edited by Sindocat on
  • mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Hi, it's been a while since I posted. Octavia and Branden's family has continued to grow.
    At the moment there are twin teen sons, two school age twin daughters and two toddlers (not twins), living at home.
    Branden became an elder and the family has moved to a farm. I duplicated their current home
    from New Crest and changed the decor to match the country theme.
    The family moved to the country
    1gk2vxW.png
    BpTYnDs.png
    qlICueM.png
    rcbvjd9.png
    lv0hqnu.png
    yeEHzop.png
    b20GVAK.png?1
    There's even wildlife living in the house
    FLY5KfT.png?1
    Maddox and Nyles grew up into very handsome teenagers.
    p0uqMK5.png?1
    bR5WTHG.png?1
    yvIc17R.png?1
    e74W0Me.png?1
    Opal and Paige are school age.
    ll3jltO.png
    jH1DXcn.png
    Then Quartney was born. Not crazy about her name,
    but Q is a tough letter to find names for. :p

Yhao5cz.png
    And last, but not least, Rebeka, the final child, the final daughter, the heir.
    0ufNhTy.png?1
    2wx7Z9J.png
    Then tragedy strikes, Branden passed away and Octavia is left alone to raise the children.
    v4jk2fw.png?1
    It's time to groom the next heir.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    edited July 2021
    Grandma's lovin (grandma is actually ginger but experimented with bleach. Grandma wanted to eliminate the gray)
    1bb6edc4bd250c98fec52b5b86242a796092fe04.png
    But a total geek like mommy!
    c61fec860e97d98c523bc78f4374608912e79fba.png
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,819 Member
    2Nr0jbQ.png
    Ericka's meeting with the creature keeper went really well.
    dgbodAZ.png
    Probably too well as a lonely farmer's wife...well she's the farmer and the wife but you know...she probably saw some of herself in his gaze all out here and alone so eager for some company he didn't question her roaming around his house looking for bunnies.
    qyyraG7.png
    When she returned home Patchy was out and she ran over to greet him she looked forward to his visits.

"I didn't notice any of her usual home cookin' just the rain."

"Oh I didn't cook anything, she ate without me so I got take out."

He frowned, as best a pumpkin head could anyways.

"Since the crops are watered perhaps I could just come in and spend time with you instead then?"

"Well sure."
    ARGWk13.png
    To his credit he did come back out to see the new chick hatch and...
    nHQWu5d.png
    Monitor the farm side of things too.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    It was the day of the wedding!

c9ZKLXC.png
    Tahlia and Benji finally got married! It was a beautiful winter wedding <3

6SaAEne.png
    Rambo aged up to an adult dog. He likes to sleep outside.
    FNCgr46.png

Oh no, this is not a good idea Kurt. Not in front of Agnes... :#
    cputMP7.png
    rEiWxOG.png
    KA82LDe.png

Allie finally asked Kurt to move in with her. She needs help with the animals. Kurt went jogging with Rambo.
    lE08SNJ.png

Kurt didn't return home and I looked at where he was and this same thing happened that always happens in Windenburg too. Apparently bigger lots are too big for Sims to go jogging with dogs. They always either get dirty or tired and give up in the middle of it. Luckily he still had energy left to return home this time.
    iMx9EGN.png

Allie gave her llama a rainbow treat.
    pD3nxST.png

Gruff Sigworth autonomously greats his new little sister. <3
    HbuEpF3.png

Also his grandparents new twins. (His new Aunts haha!) :D
    fkk98ma.png
    I spent many many many hours today adding on and building for this house to make it good for the 3 new babies, planing ahead. Also much I've been meaning to do otherwise. Once in the "building-zone" mode, I can go on creatively for awhile.

A few more here:
    Dylan and him Mom have been sharing a bedroom. (He's barely not a child himself anymore) He may get his own room soon though. Or perhaps split this one? I haven't decided yet.
    Anyways you can see here how I already expanded it and added a bunch of stuff for toddlers and children.
    71jLxTw.png

Speaking of his Mom, after switching careers multiple times since they kept offering to start her at lvl 5, she finally settled on Secret Agent.
    So put in a secret underground lair, of course! :D:p
    UyX6ek3.png
    Had to have a hot tub. What secret spy base doesn't have a hot tub? :pB)
    5lzGiaY.png

This is the main level. Combined a fitness room and writing library into one so Dylan and Jess could be together while doing their "work" (Him writing books, her punching things and working out)
    BZlH2mD.png

Here's some external views of the "Sigworth Clocktower".
    It was interesting they started with over §1,000,000. I'm guessing one of them won the lottery before I started playing them? Anyways when I saw there krappy starting house. I tried to start building on to it, but then said to heck with it and looked for something cool that would fit them and Strangerville. Found a Clock Tower on the gallery. I've heavily modified it though since the start.

Front:
    (That's Jess's truck I put there with TOOL)
    ub4dWTS.png

Back:
    (I found a cool-er library, a town hall now of the gallery specifically designed for Strangerville)
    9yZiV6d.png

Side:
    L6oFA62.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Aged up from teen to young adult after blowing out the candles on a chocolate cake, then eating it, (eating the cake, not the candles, even if they may be 'vegan' candles? :p ) Gruff Sigworth is almost instantly offered a job in the Secret Agent career. Starting at rank 5.

"Heck yeah! My mother Christie is a secret agent already with a secret underground lair. But more importantly a cool VR hologram video gaming device. I could be a secret agent!" B)

So he (me as the player) modifies his 'work' outfit. :D:D:D

"The name's Sigworth...
    NYbKJRN.png

"Gruff Sigworth."
    987mCDA.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    edited July 2021
    Branden Carrington has passed away. Loving husband of Octavia Suzuki McGhee, father of 18 children & 14 grandchildren. Celebrity Chef and proficient violinist. His life was his family, his passion was to cook for them. A popular Simtube star with his cooking channel and cooking gadget videos. A ​confident & uplifting guy who cheered students to victory at his university as their team mascot. He was always so down to Earth and willing to learn something new, even caring for lifestock and giant vegetables.
    Branden, your family will always love you and miss you profoundly.
    First time Octavia laid eyes on Branden.
    FrYYxSg.png?1
    mdfoxCT.png?1
    qWA3aRC.png?2
    6A3kNaW.png?1
    EsBVwb3.png?1
    oCSrtys.png?1
    NmlNjdr.png?1
    qsHxZUX.png?1
    8na8Gps.png
    Branden and his son and some of his daughters.
    Vqcat5m.png?1
    1gk2vxW.png
    v4jk2fw.png?1

RIP Branden :(
    Post edited by mlnov39 on
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    @LadyKyn Agnes says, you can never trust clay, it could be anything... !

@Sindocat enjoying the Cass and Fauna story! and backstory.

gen3-banner.png
  • amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Finally downloaded Cottage Living! Been waiting a week to get started and so far I'm really enjoying myself!

Newlyweds Benji Weatherby and Tahlia Brinley have uprooted and moved from Evergreen Harbor to quaint Henford-on-Bagley where the couple aim to live off the land and build a solid foundation for their future family.

kwQWBaK.png
    Being a city boy, Benji’s not used to the country ways, but he’s hoping to learn soon. He’ll be going down to Finchwick soon to schmooze with the locals. In the meantime, he's made his first friend! Daisy the bunny will be helping out around the yard.

wDfFFvK.png
    First things first: plant a beautiful new garden to start up the farm! If nothing else, it’s good for Benji’s Loves the Outdoors trait. Plus Tahlia’s kitchen will be well-stocked with fresh, wholesome fruit and veg. 

x6Yk7TH.png
    They’ll be getting some proper farming animals soon enough, but for now let’s start off with a chicken coop. Should be simple, right?

Wrong! These things are never as simple as they look. Cuthbert, Edith, Cluckson and Judith rule the coop! These chickens are feisty! Though one or two have started to come round to their new owners.

hOWnXot.png
    i3h9MZ4.png
    Benji has taken up fishing too. He’s not exactly an Angling Ace, but I think he’s doing pretty ok so far!

K76qBUh.png
    Enjoying the country air!

x8XQuY0.png
    Embracing the dirt life :D

7ighnY3.png
    All in all 10/10 expansion, I can see it taking over all my free time! :D
    edited July 2021
    Toddlers of terror, Heather and Juniper Moss grew up into children. They behaved much better than when they were toddlers and did their homework.
    dJ68Hmf.png

Heather even helped her mother with cooking. Juniper is still angry at her mom. She's hated her since she was a toddler. She refused cooking with them.
    PQeXiC6.png

Juniper farted while her sister and mom were cooking... :D
    iKgutYA.png
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Just hanging out with Ted. Giving him a friendly hug. :innocent:

01-Just-a-hug.jpg

02-Ted-and-Josh.jpg

I love this cloud so much. :love: I think I'll keep it this way forever.

I-love-this-cloud.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I hope to be back to share the antics of my Sims. I began a brand new game save for Cottage Living. I waited until some of the mods I used were given the all-clear/compatible or were updated. Private Practice (one I need for my Main Save) is updated and really cool, but everybody my Sims came in contact with are ill, including the members of both new households. Face/palm. I quickly removed the mod to be returned when I return to my Main Save. However, the first two Festivals in the square were a dismal failure. I thought the first one ended strangely because I had my Sim making contacts in order to run Errands and that as I followed him around, I somehow missed who won. Suddenly, the booths just faded away. Others reported wins and losses in their games. So, that buoyed me to try again. Oddly enough, even though Sarah Jane presented an Excellent Apple Pie, which some of the Sims commented on was a sure winner, the festival faded away again without the Mayor making an announcement. Had she not won I would be okay with that. But it seems nobody won. :open_mouth:

I then decided to do a Repair Game, since I thought that perhaps something was wrong. My new save corrupted or something. I got back into my game for a third festival. Again, Sarah Jane's pie (which the game rolled back a tad farther than expected so she had to bake it again) came out Excellent. Again, although I paid strict attention, the Mayor appeared to be doing her job and even taking notes. Still, nobody won and the festival faded away. No winner.

I then decided my save must be corrupt. I did a game folder refresh and threw out the saves folder to start anew. I got it all set up so that when I play today, I can determine if it's truly a game BUG, of which I'm leaning on the side of. I don't normally have these problems in my game. Others report bugs I never experience, so I'm hard-pressed to accept that some get the full festival, yet my gaming rig is somehow misfiring and things don't come to a proper conclusion. Yeah, I'm hard-headed. LOL

I have taken a few pictures in the hopes of having a story to tell, other than another story of woe. I promise, I'm a much more optimistic person than I sound on this thread. Truly. Those of you who followed my Erik Cantrell stories know how much I've gone through, yet I persisted. Wish me luck!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited July 2021
    Change of household - it is time to bid farewell for now to Cass and Fauna, though we aren't going far. That's their house across the meadow, framed in the garden gate.

O9IOnOC.png

If you'd looked the other way, toward the old mill from Cassandra's bedroom window, you'd not have seen much at all - which was the issue. "Why is there so much just... space?" asked my sister, as we pottered about New Old Hensford. Well, because there was a vacant 40x50 lot in the middle of it. So, for her peace of mind, and to give Cass & Fauna a little more visual interest in their neighborhood, I developed it with an historic farmhouse, to provide a more romantic view, seen from their lot's location:

h8ASCo3.png

That's better! The neighboring farm has escaped the recent rush on country property, having been derelict for some time due to being rather low lying, almost a bog. The house is sturdy and sound, but the pond in back is overhung by willows and there is little arable land, as indicated by it's name, Puddle Bottom. Still, it's a lovely spot! Surely some sims will love it, in spite of its muddy grounds.

aEk4m4B.png

Who will it be? Whose bicycle is that leaning behind the gate? What sort of sims could lure me away from Cassandra's academic career or Fauna's apprenticeship in sorcery? This is going to be a long one, so for courtesy, the bulk of this (HUGE! - sorry!) post is behind spoiler tags, so I don't flood the thread with pics and text and make it hard to scroll.

2 Old Mill Lane is a vacant lot with the Lot Challenges "Simple Living" and "Off the Grid". I didn't feel like playing an off-grid lot and, thankfully, the traits are editable as is not the case in some worlds. But, planning to play with the pond tool, with my backstory for the farm in mind, I chose to give it a different challenge, "Filthy". This is not a renovated property - it's an old farmhouse, in muddy terrain. I figure it requires a little extra effort.

I also wanted to make some dedicated Cottage Living explorer sims - Cass & Fauna have been too involved in their own lives to really dig into CoL gameplay - and so I made new residents, in a new save unburdened by the weight of my extended Legacy family. Meet Christopher John (plumbob) and Robin Oakes.

XpVHNpJ.png

Chris is my Country Caretaker aspiration sim, since I wanted to give myself incentive to do more than just keep a few chickens. Not that we don't love chickens, too! I have trouble deciding on a swatch for this shirt, but Christopher takes good care of his brood. Chaunticleer, his original rooster, sadly ran afoul - afowl? - of a fox, and had to be replaced by a white rooster, also named Chaunticleer, because Chris is as fond of medieval animal fables as I am.

HY4X8gc.png

Mind you, he held his own in the first half, but the fox apparently held a grudge and came back to finish him off when I wasn't looking. RIP, Chaunticleer the First. You were a feisty defender.

uaBLNKL.png

Christopher's traits are Loves the Outdoors, Romantic (you kind of have to be, to take on an old, unrenovated farmhouse) and Animal Enthusiast for a bit of a leg up on his aspiration, which as well supplies the Collector trait. His gimmick, which I shamelessly stole from Eco Lifestyle townie, Jeb Harris, is that he prefers to go barefoot - likely contributing to Puddle Bottom's "Filthy" lot challenge.

There is a wild birds' next just across the lane by the river, and a rabbit burrow not far away. I kept Chris outdoors & exploring and interacting, when he wasn't tending the chickens and garden, and it was not at all long that he had befriended a flock of wild birds, unlocking the special deco in Outdoor Activities sort in Build/Buy.

h9ZNoWI.png

Robin Oaken was randomized in CAS, and I took what I was given with some minor edits. Those mutton-chops were something I kept, along with a husky build (if not the all-the-way-to-the-top weight slider the randomizer gave me). I also raided the Ladies Department for a long hairstyle to round out his bohemian look. He's my fixit guy and, to add another element I had not played with much, took the Maker trait as an excuse to use the candle making bench from Eco pack. His other traits are Romantic and, as if I would not already have enough cleaning to do, Slob. His aspiration is Master Chef, to pair with all the gardening and the Simple Living lot challenge.

ld324PH.png

PcJEOg5.png

CH7tqK6.png

Kitchen layout is not optimized. Have you seen a period kitchen? Icebox over here, counter over there and it's really just the broad surface of a hutch. Sink is in the scullery by the back door, and the stove got jimmied in beside the hearth one used to have to cook on. None of the chairs match. But the stone walls came in handy the one time I had Christopher (up early) attempt to make breakfast. He started a house fire, which thankfully did not spread.

Robin is working hard doing repairs, and was soon able to assure the farmhouse's chimneys are in working order. After one horrific mass-death in TS3, I do not allow my sims to use fireplaces that have not been upgraded. Puddle Bottom should be safe, now. (The parlor, here, was one of two rooms that - I presume - some farmer's wife had insisted on having decorated. The other is the main bedroom. By and large, Puddle Bottom is austere.)

djyAwgI.png

Some representative austerity - if your farmhouse still has the original oak paneling in the entryway? You leave that right where it is. That's like six hundred years old! If it's not broke, don't fix it. Breaks my heart seeing all the quaint cottages in Henford on Bagley with their insides pulled out to be "updated". It's called character, people! For heavens' sake! ;)

1ZeEaMS.png

(Who took a lot of English Lit in college? This nerd! I draw inspiration from characteristic descriptions of rural houses from writers like Emily Bronte (Wuthering Heights) and Dorothy Sayers (Talboys), as well as from having toured more than my share of historic buildings on various family trips. Puddle Bottom is characteristic in that regards. But I digress.)

Robin actually appreciates the skill with which the paneling was installed, and even manages to enjoy this monstrous, Victorian horror of a pantry and china cabinet. He might just appreciate having furniture heavier than he is. Not my style, at all, personally, but absolutely the sort of thing one encounters in old homes.

zh3OUcD.png

I've been handwaving money concerns up to a point, in this save, and letting my sims build their skills since they are pretty much brand new. But Robin will start in the Culinary career on (Sims) Monday of the coming week, and entered with enough skill to start at level 2. I know from experience that the aspiration eventually requires 8, but it ought not take too long. Rob's also started canning, and will enter his blackberry jam in the Finchwick Fair next week.

Simple Living has not been a difficult challenge. I check what I have versus what I need to cook whatever Robin feels like making, and place an order for delivery (hence, the table in the entryway) - and, if the grocery has a veg that I want in my garden but don't have yet, order that as well. Plus I forage.

Foraging the Bramblewood is in fact significantly more of a challenge. Christopher's aspiration requires five successful attempts, and so far he's gotten three. Maybe I have bad eyes, or maybe the harvestables are playing hard to get. But aside from one pub trip, Christopher & Robin's off-home-lot adventures have all been around the Isle of Vulpes. Which I have also edited. Heresy, I know - but it was just to give the Bramblewood more character, practice my rudimentary build skills, and anyway my own play style doesn't require a rental property (though I would not mind my Sims running a bed & breakfast, Maxis - hint, hint! ;) )

Also, I am a big fan of that red-headed stepchild of the franchise, The Sims Medieval. And the actual, real-world Cotswolds are cram jam packed with old, stone churches. Now, I am not one of those players who wants to see contemporary religion in The Sims, but I play as though TSM were the historic past of my contemporary world and so instead of 13 Nettle Lane, I added St. Simol Abbey, originally a Peteran Monastery, now a history museum. Scenic cloister pavements, and all that.

W1paOuX.png

Wait - what's that up on that tower. Is that an easel? It is! To save as a Museum lot type, an easel was required. So yes, the tower is accessible by stairs then ladder. And I totes McGoats play-tested that to be sure it was actually routable. Christopher has enough painting chops to Paint from Reference, so I could pan my camera around the scenery.

zocE2NF.png

6qp5HZB.png

2jfLU7o.png

Tada! A bit Thomas Kinkaide, maybe, but a keeper. But painting isn't all we came to the Bramblewood to do, nosiree! We also wanted to go swimming (I, myself, love swimming in natural streams, where clean enough to permit, which the river where I live really isn't, so I live vicariously).

NgG3F3h.png

And of course befriend the locals...

heb14xm.png

...both the two- and four-footed variety!

FN64r0w.png

But before we head home, Chris, I think there's a question that Robin has been wanting to ask you. Did I mention "Romantic"? Aww...

voCaUKU.png
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    Lunar Seven's human boss thought it would be a good idea to send him to an alien party on Sixam to "represent our species".

But Lunar is a paranoid loner, so he wasn't very happy about it. He spent most of his time there collecting geodes, freaking out about all the people talking (about him?), and playing with the Future Cube.

01-collecting-geodes.jpg

02-freaking-out-about-party.jpg

03-future-cube.jpg

But at least he now has a few pictures of "back home" to hang up in his bunker in Oasis Springs.

04-pictures-of-home.jpg
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Met a fox in my game named Wa-pa-wow Brush.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    * is lurking *

When characters from a different 'World' just don't fit...

Kimba Congo: "Excuse me random depressed science type guy, I saw a flash of light out in the jungle, then next thing I knew, I was here. Where ever this strange place is. If it's not too much trouble, would you happen to know how I can get back to Sulani or Selvadorada?"

Random Depressed Science Type Guy: "Bizarre! Bizarre plants... Secret laboratory... STAY AWAY!"

Kimba Congo: "What???"

36ekhn0.png

In Henford-on-Bagley...

Simon Scott: "Blah blah yakkity yak yak, gossip gossip gossip chatter chatter, yak yak yak... WILL THIS NEVER END? I'm outta here!!!"

qWb0qPQ.png

Meanwhile in San Myshuno...

Vlad: "Vienar schnitzel! Get zienz viennar schnitzel! Vile itz ott!"

OvNjOCp.png

Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top