Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Help with chickens!

So right off the bat, I bought 2 chicken coops and filled both. I quickly realized that I couldn’t handle 16 chickens. I deleted one of the coops but the chickens stayed. How can I get rid of them? I can’t click on them to do anything.

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    You cannot shift click to reset them or pick them up via Sim inventory or BB mode?
  • jacknchloejacknchloe Posts: 239 Member
    Nope. It won’t let me do anything.
    Even restarting the game and loading back has them still bugged out?
    Let try that.
    I think that worked! Thank you!
    No problem. Have fun playing.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    I was going to suggest you neglect their social and let them wander off, if all else fails. I went really conservative on the animals. One cow, one Llama and only two chickens, a Rooster and a Hen. I almost purchased chicks but decided to let my pair create their own. So far, the eldest kid in the family a Teen son, attempted to make friends with both the Llama and the Cow. Later on, he milked the cow and I thought the fact that the milk sometimes missed the bucket would be the only downside of it. Before he could collect that nice full bucket of milk, Butters (I decided not to change her name) kicked it over. Happily, John didn't burst into tears … because we all know there's no use in crying over … (wait for it, wait for it) … spilt milk. ;) and that's a happy sassy. LOL
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I've been playing for about three hours, and those chickens are so needy. If you fill one coop with the maximum of eight chickens, you'll spend much of your time befriending them, but it seems the relationship between Sim and chicken decays more quickly than with the other animals. When feeding chickens treats, you have to make sure to call the target chicken over. If you leave the treat on the ground, none of the chickens will eat it. The golden chickens are cool in the beginning, but they make gardening far too easy so I sold the two I had. Now I have space for a couple of chicks. My kids had chickens in RL, and although we enjoyed having fresh eggs every day, I have to admit I was not a big fan of them as a whole. Two of our hens were friendly and would come out to be petted, but the others were always unhappy about something. I have to say the same rings true of the in game chickens. Some are easier to maintain a relationship with while others don't want to be friends and require more attention.
  • KaliedoskopeKaliedoskope Posts: 4 New Member
    I chose to trade a hen for Animal treats then right after trade a rooster for meat. both interactions said expect a delivery but I never got a delivery and all that happened was my sim got sad for losing 2 beloved animals. are the deliveries just lost and I traded for nothing?
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I chose to trade a hen for Animal treats then right after trade a rooster for meat. both interactions said expect a delivery but I never got a delivery and all that happened was my sim got sad for losing 2 beloved animals. are the deliveries just lost and I traded for nothing?

I was freaked out that the game glitched when I traded away a chicken for meat because I didn't see any meat in my inventory. The meat will be in the mailbox the next day.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,452 Member
    In RL I have a friend who owned a large pink pig. Piggy got on my friend's bad side one time too many. She took him to the local butcher and he became bacon. :open_mouth: I don't think I could do that. I give my heart away to my pets too completely. Had an English Bunny I got for Easter one year when I was a wee lass. Cinder went missing from her pen one day, to my sorrow. I blamed myself for not having latched the door fully. Some time later my parents introduced us to cooked rabbit. My older brother (going through another of his atrocious mean streaks, rest his soul) was quick to point out that the rabbit we were eating was Cinder. I almost got sick. I have never (to my knowledge) eaten rabbit again. Suffer me to say, I haven't yet taken advantage of trading my Sims' farm animals.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • KaliedoskopeKaliedoskope Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Chazzzy said:
    > I was freaked out that the game glitched when I traded away a chicken for meat because I didn't see any meat in my inventory. The meat will be in the mailbox the next day.

YYEEESS!!! Never thought to look at my mail and there they were like a Sim week later. PHEW! thanks for this. Now I will do more trading. I only purchased 1 hen and 1 rooster and now I have 2 full coops that I just can't keep up with.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,445 Member
    @jacknchloe I'm glad you got your chicken glitch'n fixed. If it happens again & restarting doesn't work you can always try shift-click and choose the 'destroy object' option; it should get rid of them.
  • Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    edited August 2021
    I thought we can always trade them for pies?

And is it normal that relationship level is set back to zero when a chicken turns golden? Or another bug?
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited August 2021
    We had chickens for a few years when I was a kid. They are needy and not very cuddly. They are also seriously lacking in brains. The chickens we had were there primarily for eggs and, occasionally, dinner. I am delighted to have them in my game, but my sims are not making friends with them, at least for now. I'm too busy laughing every time the fox gets into the chicken coop. Love seeing those feathers fly! >:)

Edited to add: I don't know how I'll feel once the fox actually gets a chicken. By keeping them at arm's length I hope it won't bother me.
  • mikamakimonmikamakimon Posts: 470 Member
    Archie128 wrote: »
    I thought we can always trade them for pies?

And is it normal that relationship level is set back to zero when a chicken turns golden? Or another bug?

I also just got my first gold chicken, and the same thing happened. It was a shame, since my sim and Chickpea were at max friendship. I think maybe it was intentional as I was also prompted to rename the transformed chicken. I intentionally maxed out their friendships before transforming them... so much for that plan!
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    My Sim purchased a coop and two brown hens Mabel and Maple and two girl chicks Myrtle and Chic’n cousin Ethel. Chic’n cousin Ethel aged up to a white hen and its been half a year and Myrtle is still a chick. Should I be concerned? Can each coop only have three laying hens since there are three spots?
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,965 Member
    @mikamakimon i believe the golden hen is a whole other bird because if your chicken had an outfit you get it back when you get the golden hen. Not sure if it’s the same for Darth chicken or whatever it’s called.