Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Live service after The Sims 4 end...

Hi,

EA left TS2 and TS3 with several issues, it will be the same thing for TS4.

Should Maxis keep on fixing this game after TS5 is released ?

Live service after The Sims 4 end... 41 votes

Yes
80%
crocobauraGoldmoldarLeGardePourpreSimburianelanorbretonncisGibbs02barracuda1574FelicityChampandGirlies_stutlerRenato10annaliese39sof2106OldeseadoggeRedShoe7FanPhoriaamericanamelieMrsC1990Atreya33SimDestroyer 33 votes
No
19%
TheSpotted_CfriendlysimmersCinebarSindocatgarapoesNorthDakotaGamerreaderbug2Imagebear 8 votes

Comments

• Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited July 2021
    Should they or WILL they?

Should they? Absofreakinlutely they should! People bought the game and the packs in good faith expecting them to not only fully function on their own with just the base game, but also to function along side of the other packs.

That's the main problem with TS4, they don't check compatibility with the other packs when they release patches or new packs. Sure a new pack may work as intended when you only have that and the base game installed. But when "real players" and not the dev team try the things out, things that used to work from older packs all of a sudden are now bugged because of the new pack. And it takes them months, years, and sometimes never to fix them ..... they just sweep the issue under the rug.

Just because it's a video game, does not mean it's not a product. Selling a broken product from the start is NOT okay! Ever! That's like scamming people.

Will they?
    I would bet a year of my pay that once TS4 ends, that's it .... how the game and the packs function .... is how the game and the packs function. They never fixed any of the issues with the other iterations once a shiny new game was released and I expect the same thing to happen when TS4 ends ... rinse and repeat.

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No
    Just like the older games mods will do the final fixes. Also without constant updates the mods will be stable.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited July 2021
    Yes
    They should do the job, the community invested millions of dollar in this product.

If it's a live service like Anthem, the studio will probably give up.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Yes
    Yes. I can’t see them getting around to fix all the bugs so support should continue.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! πŸ˜Šβ˜•οΈπŸŒž
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member
    Yes
    I don't think they need a live service after TS4 ends. They only need to fix the bugs and release a patch and that's it. But I don't know if it's worth it to them to fix the remaining bugs.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No
    No, because their patches mess up more than they fix. Once the game is done some smart modders will fix just about everything if they have no interest in getting on the TS5 wagon and will continue to fix Ts4.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    No
    no because each patch makes the game worst than it is
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    They should do a final round of fixes for the most serious bugs, but I want them done after a point so I can mod the game in peace and not have my game mods broken monthly.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    Should they or WILL they?

Should they? Absofreakinlutely they should! People bought the game and the packs in good faith expecting them to not only fully function on their own with just the base game, but also to function along side of the other packs.

That's the main problem with TS4, they don't check compatibility with the other packs when they release patches or new packs. Sure a new pack may work as intended when you only have that and the base game installed. But when "real players" and not the dev team try the things out, things that used to work from older packs all of a sudden are now bugged because of the new pack. And it takes them months, years, and sometimes never to fix them ..... they just sweep the issue under the rug.

Just because it's a video game, does not mean it's not a product. Selling a broken product from the start is NOT okay! Ever! That's like scamming people.

Will they?
    I would bet a year of my pay that once TS4 ends, that's it .... how the game and the packs function .... is how the game and the packs function. They never fixed any of the issues with the other iterations once a shiny new game was released and I expect the same thing to happen when TS4 ends ... rinse and repeat.

I agree that they won't fix the issues but at least it'll still function better than a game made by Todd Howard and rest of Bethesda, what was the saying... "It just Works."
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Yes
    Of course they should, but they won't. They didn't fix Sims 2 or Sims 3, and Sims 3 is still selling well. Over 2k people are playing on Steam, and that's probably the least popular platform for Sims that there is (probably because of the new fix a modder released for it). I just booted up Sims 4 to see how many people are playing on line there, but... they're no longer posting that information that I could see.

Anyway, unless it will directly affect their bottom line, they won't bother. Customer good will isn't really that important any more.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Yes
    Hi,

EA left TS2 and TS3 with several issues, it will be the same thing for TS4.

Should Maxis keep on fixing this game after TS5 is released ?

If The Sims 5 is an online game with massive multiplayer then yes they should, because if they don't then that would be them blowing the franchise up with no back up plan. If they can't make SIms 5 a single player then it would be ideally, be realistic if they would keep TS4 as an option for offline players tradditional community, and online for those who want to experience a different new appraoch to The Sims.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    Yes
    They should do the job, the community invested millions of dollar in this product.

If it's a live service like Anthem, the studio will probably give up.

I still feel sorry for the people who actually enjoyed Anthem. I don't play online games (my internet can't handle it XD XD) but I go the subreddit of that game and always amazed by the fan art, the javeline designs and even the moves they always post. When EA announced that Anthem is going to be ceasing development, all of it dissapeared and hatred started to flow. Now, the sub is only having a small amount of people left :(.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Yes
    Yes, they should fix everything at the end before they move on. Kind of like a tied ribbon after wrapping the present.

Will they, though? Your guess is as good as mine. As mentioned, there are still issues with the older games, but this is the first time the Sims has been so devoted to the live service model. Only time will tell.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    No
    We have years of TS4 left to go, by all accounts.

But when it is done, aside from maintaining the Gallery, as they do the TS3 Store and player submissions/shares, no. Ending development of the game means ending updates, bug fixes, etc. I think whatever we might wish were otherwise, it's just not feasible long term.
  • garapoesgarapoes Posts: 422 Member
    No
    This game is unfixable.
    English is not my first language so sorry if I make any mistakes!
  • ImagebearImagebear Posts: 46 Member
    No
    When they move on from this generation . I hope they actually move on and focus on the new game .
    What I'm saying is they sould fix the bugs before the game end
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Yes
    The state of this version of the game when it ends will be a major decision maker for me as to if I will consider the next version at all. Really serious about that. I understand what happened in the past but I will be interested in what happens with this one.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Yes
    I know that I will not be buying any future sims games until sims 4 feels like it's working properly and is fully developed and feels like a finished product.