Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Renovate My House...

Comments

• nali272nali272 Posts: 431 Member
    @aljay and @icanhassims - you are both welcome... I am glad this next one is still interesting... I feel like I am running out of ideas. :s
    Try my challenge - make these builds better. (star the page for notifications)
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    @nali272 Thank you so much for the great feedback.

I have fun with this creative challenge !

Have a Great weekend all !

Diane Pinkus o:)
  • JojoMOMSTERJojoMOMSTER Posts: 1,957 Member
    @nali272 any time you are a little short of time or ideas you are always welcome to any of the distressed builds on my gallery. Make a story, a family and a budget and off you go.
    @Pinkusfamily - you are welcome. @JojoMOMSTER - Thanks for the offer, I will keep that in my back pocket.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    9pE8Z2o.png

@nali272 How terrible would it be to upload my lot with the dread blue spanner? I have art from twelve gallery creators and I would be a while to find which art is causing this.
    If I download it I would not get the art unless I have it in my collection, right? I think it would be okay, I also assume that their will be a blank space where any art would be?
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    edited August 2021
    @nali272 I think you would need to d/l from the in-game gallery and haveview cc enabled. Let me try taking the art out of each room one at at time to see if I can isolate the cc art and remove it.
    Edit: Problem solved by isolating variables.
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
    no worries, whatever you decide... BTW how to you do view cc enabled?
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    @nali272 It's a checkable box on the left
    uPHk4Tt.png
    vICwejM.png
    Nice to know, thanks @JojoMOMSTER
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Entry form
    Origin ID: AlJay2000
    Gallery name & Link: The Condo Reno
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes
    Link to more slideshow: RMHCondo
    Notes: I chose to give the Adam's Family a townhouse style home. The front of the building is sharable between the family and the tenants, but I chose to separate the back yard, giving the family their own private area. The pool has been divided as well so that each side gets to enjoy their own. The interior of the home is a semi-traditional open concept style. I have given the units white walls and cabinets hoping to give the home an airy and tidy feeling. Both of the rental units are furnished and ready for renters to move in. There is a shared laundry facility at the back of the property. The Adam's family's side has a guest suite with a connecting door for access to the laundry room which is on the rental unit's side. The total cost of this renovation was $122,926.00
    Pictures:
    Street View
    YxFWE1V.png
    Left Side
    Yewakiy.png
    Right Side
    zaFmzjC.png
    Overhead Views Other photos
    4NahI9E.png
    edited August 2021
    Wow so pretty! You really renovated yours @AlJay. You must have gutted it down to the studs.

The kids rooms are super cute and I like the art choices.
    Post edited by JojoMOMSTER on
    wow @AlJay
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Entry form:
    Origin ID:jojoMOMSTER
    Link to the gallery:https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/EC2BFA13F58611EB811A486C5771AD1E?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=jojoMOMSTER&max=50&maxis=false
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes
    Link to more photos/slideshow (optional):https://imgur.com/a/UK0GUtX
    Pictures: 1 top view (per story)
    qV4D855.png?2
    SP8hn6A.png
    A7NPHvr.png

1 of each side of the house/lot (walls up)
    9pE8Z2o.png
    46NMhjY.png
    YidAWQu.png
    cnXhOol.png

and others of your choice use spoiler.
    2VR14EC.png
    aDa8KBN.png
    0skPBTk.png
    xirQWYN.png
    yZCiD1z.png
    bs8VYzS.png
    obSweq0.png
    et27z7a.png
    9zQCvXp.png
    vdDG5JI.png
    NDcsyfy.png

art by SurfChicCreation, Agrimonys, holyshmowow, SimsationalToo, Aljay2000, cbrock72, MNEW1103, catatron16, hootoftheSims, jlewi38, Eevam, Takissis Thank you for your art.
  • AlJayAlJay Posts: 1,649 Member
    Thank you @JojoMOMSTER and @nali272
    I usually remove everything when I begin. For some reason my brain needs to see it's options :)
    jojoMOMSTER I love the way yours looks! You added so many nice family things and it looks so lived in and homey.
    thank you @AlJay , it was fun to make.
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    edited August 2021
    Origin ID: Clousinators
    Link to the gallery: Adams Apartments
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Yes please
    Link to more slideshow:Adams Apartments Tour
    When dividing the building I knew I wanted the lot owners to have ground floor access so they wouldn't have to climb stairs to get inside but I also didn't want a unit above them to reduce noise from renters so I went with the townhouse layout. I also thought I should change the outside of theirs a little since its their permanent home and it won't remind them of their work (the apartments). I didn't realize until after if I could move the exterior walls or not so I hope this is ok.
    Pictures:
    0MtC6ST.png
    JnbxTrv.png
    Post edited by Clousinators on
    wow, that is beautiful @Clousinators , which wall are you talking about. I cannot tell...lol.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I expanded the right side of the left townhouse in the front so that it has a kind of half circle bump out instead of being a flat wall and balcony all the way across... if that makes sense lol
  • icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Origin ID: icanhassims
    Link to the gallery: Condo for Rent
    Do you want feedback from anyone? Sure!
    Link to more photo/slideshow: https://icanhassims.weebly.com/condo-for-rent.html
    Leftover funds: 62,264
    Construction Notes: I decided to turn the condo into flats with the Adams taking the top floor. I left the bottom apartments mostly empty so that simmers who download the lot can move in families and decorate the apartments to match them. I did include the basics that come with any apartment: fresh coat of paint, new floors, kitchen cabinets/counters, lights and plumbing. I gutted the top floor and then tried to go for a cozy family feeling in the Adams' decor, while the guest room is somewhat more modern and "tasteful". I decided to revamp the pool altogether, including an addition at one end that has both bubbles and steam to emulate a sauna add-on. I also created a tanning platform where parents can also keep an eye on their kids swimming. The community garden and laundry room both have plenty of space for all tenants to use. The landscaping is minimal and easy to take care of so that the Adams won't have to spend a lot of money on upkeep.
    Pictures:
    08-21-21-8-21-58-pm_orig.png

Other sides of the build:
    08-21-21-8-22-19-pm.png
    08-21-21-8-23-09-pm.png
    08-21-21-8-23-37-pm.png

Top-down views:
    08-21-21-8-25-43-pm.png
    08-21-21-8-25-00-pm.png
    08-21-21-8-25-03-pm.png

Other screenshots:
    08-21-21-8-12-05-pm.png
    08-21-21-8-13-51-pm.png
    08-21-21-8-14-19-pm.png
    08-21-21-8-19-30-pm.png

Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
    oooo, joyfully colorful @icanhassims !
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1
    Thank you @nali272! :)
    Beautiful home with a traditional feel @icanhassims
    Thank you @JojoMOMSTER <3<3
    9Ma7C8N.jpg
    For participating in the RMHCondo challenge…
    S9Etza2.jpg

@Clousinators - Wow, what an upgrade. The bump-out on the front is an excellent way to separate the owner’s side from the renters. And the different exterior furthers the separation of the renters too. From the back, the roofline reminds me of a dollhouse… very cute! Great community garden and pool area. The laundry room is a wonderful accommodation for the renters, they will appreciate it. Nice idea to give the Adams their own private yard on the side. The family will also make great use of the double balcony areas. Beautiful 2nd-floor landing for the townhouse. The bedrooms are all spacious, the master is bright but relaxing, and having a private balcony is a bonus. Stephen's room is just right for a teen on his way to adulthood. Tiffanie's room is perfect for a growing girl, I like the loft bed with room to play on the floor. Having 2 bathrooms for this family is a must and they thank you for it. The living room is so adorable, I like how if blends into the foyer. Love the entertainment center but love the eat-in dining area more, especially the wall baskets with plants design… I may have to use that idea. The kitchen and its brown, white, and cream color scheme just work brilliantly together. While I said earlier the renters will appreciate the laundry room the Adam’s family thinks you are a master renovator for giving them their own! On the renter’s side, I know that the space is not bigger, but the way the floor plan has changed it sure looks like it. The contrasting colors are beautiful choices and neutral enough for any sim to move right in and make it their own.

@JojoMOMSTER - I like the new brick facade on the outside. The double entrance to the upstairs balcony is cool. Although the yard space is divided, is not cut off from the owners or the renters which will allow connectivity for the families to use. Cute play area, pool space. “leased” sign, and bike rack. The solar panels will give both the owners and renters a utility break. I absolutely love the community laundry room. All families will enjoy using that, having a laundry folding table is a great idea. The Adams side of the property is thoughtfully put together…nice usage of two living areas one upstairs where the kids are and one downstairs which might be for the adults or the entire family. Stephen and Tiffanie’s rooms are perfect for them and sharing that bathroom will not be a problem. Hugo and Emery’s bedroom is relaxing and spacious. I love the contemporary furnishings mixed with the traditional style of the building throughout. The downstairs renter’s apartment looks a lot bigger, not sure of the magic you pulled here. It seems it is looking for an adventurous sim who likes to travel. While the upstairs is looking for college students. That Rooster picture is cracking me up! I like all the memorabilia art. Excellent choice making them both 2 bedrooms, giving more space of the living room and kitchen/dining areas.

@AlJay - Gorgeous exterior colors choices. Separating the parking spaces into driveways is a great idea. Beautiful flower bed. The community laundry room is awesome, I can see that teen using the other side for his hideaway and the bathroom will be a great place for visitors to use when coming over to a pool party. The Adams’ side of the yard is great for family entertaining. I have never seen that wallpaper in Stephen’s room before… interesting… but fits for a teenager who by the looks of his room is about to come into a new mood. Tiffanie’s room is bright and artistic just enough to inspire her. Loving the wood paneling used in Hugo and Emery’s room, the space is one anyone would want to sleep in. cute double showers in the master bath. Loving the use of the wood paneling in the living room/dining room, it goes well with the semi-traditional feel of the space. Adorable pantry and ½ bath. The renter side of the building is ready for the sim that is just starting out or over… groceries, clothes and personal items are all they need.

@icanhassims - The condo reno has a colorful exterior that gives joy when looking at it. The parking lot is nicely decorated as well as all the yard space. All the trees make for a nice shade on the building and in the backyard. The pool and deck will get a lot of use from the families. Plenty of space for gardening fresh produce to eat. Cute sign on the laundry room, I’ve never used that before, the room itself is a great space. The kids’ rooms are adorable. Plenty of items to entertain Tiffanie and Stephen will find solace in his. The guest room is welcoming and just big enough that the guest does not stay long. The master bedroom is a nice size but cozy. The eat-in kitchen feels bigger than it is which is good for a family that cooks together. The living room is a nice place for the family to hang out and watch TV. The refresh of the 2 other units is just what it needed. Nice modern choices for the door and window replacements. Renters should be happy to pay top dollar for the kitchen and bathroom upgrades.

@SmallAurelius - Great reno, the wood paneling on the front and back of the building is beautiful. Nice use of the lattices. The parking split with the flowerbed is wonderful, along with the community garden. All of the landscaping is wonderful. Nice pool area and laundry room. I like how you split the master suite from the rest of the floor plan. Awesome family room, makes me believe that they are into movies. Spacious kitchen and dining areas, I've never used that table, will need to remember it. The master is bright and relaxing, great double shower. Great kid's rooms too. Any sim that rents the spaces below is getting a bang for the buck. Thanks for participating.
    bK9v9z4.jpg?1