Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living random questions

KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
I tried to search for a similar thread but I couldn't find any. I don't want to open a new one every time I have a question about something in Cottage Living.

My question is about ponds. I'm not sure I understand correctly how fishing from the pond works. I know I have to put the fishing sign in the pond, but then... does my Sim have to go fish somewhere else and then stock the pond with those fish and then she can fish the same ones back again? Does she then have to put the fish back to the pond again and repeat?
I don't understand what's the point of fishing from the pond then, other than get your fishing skill up by redoing the same thing over and over again. :|
It sounds boring, I'd rather go fishing somewhere else to get my Sims fishing skill up, at least she can get different fishes.

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited July 2021
    I also have questions. What happens if you delete the npcs? I only want the crumplebottoms. I usually delete all townies, what will happen?

Also how satisfying is the simple living trait? If i purchase this game itll mostly be for that, big produce and canning. I like the survival/management aspects. How extensive or functional is it?
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • KennziKaigeKennziKaige Posts: 132 Member
    edited July 2021
    Kimmer wrote: »
    ... does my Sim have to go fish somewhere else and then stock the pond with those fish and then she can fish the same ones back again? Does she then have to put the fish back to the pond again and repeat?
    I don't understand what's the point of fishing from the pond then, other than get your fishing skill up by redoing the same thing over and over again. :|
    It sounds boring, I'd rather go fishing somewhere else to get my Sims fishing skill up, at least she can get different fishes.

You can either fish up the fish you'll use to stock the pond sign, or use any fish you have bought that is in your inventory. You do not need to restock the pond unless you want to change the type of fish stocked. I personally use the pond to have easier access to specific types of fish my Sims need (for potion crafting or food recipes) rather than have them fish them at random around the world at random.
    I also have questions. What happens if you delete the npcs? I only want the crumplebottoms. I usually delete all townies, what will happen?

The game will spawn new Sims to fill the roles of the deleted Sims. There will always be a Mayor, Grocery Stall owner, Pub Owner, etc. Agnes and Agatha are the exceptions: the game will spawn new Agnes Crumplebottoms or Agatha Crumplebottoms if they are deleted.

(Sorry for any grammatical errors, I'm on mobile)
    Thistlecreek Village forum link here.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,370 Member
    edited August 2021
    Kimmer wrote: »
    ... does my Sim have to go fish somewhere else and then stock the pond with those fish and then she can fish the same ones back again? Does she then have to put the fish back to the pond again and repeat?

You can either fish up the fish you'll use to stock the pond sign, or use any fish you have bought that is in your inventory. You do not need to restock the pond unless you want to change the type of fish stocked. I personally use the pond to have easier access to specific types of fish my Sims need (for potion crafting or food recipes) rather than have them fish them at random around the world,
    Thank you for explaining it. Now it makes more sense because I thought it works like just a storage unit for the fish. It's good to hear that I don't have to restock it. I doubt that I will ever going to use it, though, unless I get a really rare fish that I can put in the pond and fish more of them and of course your idea of accessing fish that I may need for potions or food recipies is also a useful idea. :)

Post edited by Kimmer on
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Can you add different fish to it at a different time, or does it get rid of the last fish you stocked it with?
  • TomiowTomiow Posts: 5 New Member
    Hi, can someone help me? I don’t get what happens with the “mayor” once the NPC Lavinia Chopra dies? There’s no mayor anymore? The game creates a new mayor?🧐
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Tomiow wrote: »
    Hi, can someone help me? I don’t get what happens with the “mayor” once the NPC Lavinia Chopra dies? There’s no mayor anymore? The game creates a new mayor?🧐

The game creates new NPCS besides the immortal Crumplebottom family.
  • TomiowTomiow Posts: 5 New Member
    [quote="alan650111;c-17948152"][quote="Tomiow;c-17948104"]Hi, can someone help me? I don’t get what happens with the “mayor” once the NPC Lavinia Chopra dies? There’s no mayor anymore? The game creates a new mayor?🧐[/quote]

The game creates new NPCS besides the immortal Crumplebottom family.[/quote]

Thanks!!🙏🏿
  • carlaj40carlaj40 Posts: 7 New Member
    I’m trying to fulfill my first errand. My Sim is supposed to catch a fish in old new henford on bagley latke but when I click on the sign she just won’t go fish
  • JNarz19JNarz19 Posts: 34 Member
    carlaj40 wrote: »
    I’m trying to fulfill my first errand. My Sim is supposed to catch a fish in old new henford on bagley latke but when I click on the sign she just won’t go fish

Your sim has to have at least fishing skill level 2, possibly 3 in order to fish in that particular lake.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Does the game world change to reflect the seasons if you have Seasons installed ? Snow, dead leaves, heat haze etc.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,406 Member
    StuffyMarx wrote: »
    Does the game world change to reflect the seasons if you have Seasons installed ? Snow, dead leaves, heat haze etc.

All worldsc(except batuu) will have weather if you have the seasons expansion pack installed. Each world has it's own climate. Some worlds have more chance of snow or rain. Tropical worlds like Sulani will never get snow. Henford on Bagley will definitely have snow, rain and changing temperatures with seasons .

You might want to take a look in the screenshot thread to see some pictures how the world looks with weather effects.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17945663/#Comment_17945663
  • KennziKaigeKennziKaige Posts: 132 Member
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Can you add different fish to it at a different time, or does it get rid of the last fish you stocked it with?

You can stock multiple types of fish at a time, and can change or add more types at any time.
    Thistlecreek Village forum link here.
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    All worldsc(except batuu) will have weather if you have the seasons expansion pack installed. Each world has it's own climate. Some worlds have more chance of snow or rain. Tropical worlds like Sulani will never get snow. Henford on Bagley will definitely have snow, rain and changing temperatures with seasons.
    Thanks @Atreya33, that thread you linked had some good examples. My curiosity is sated for now.