Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    @Ellupelluellu -
    No offence taken. Thanks for the tips. I love your house for Sulani.

@permanentrose -
    So poor Jules out for a jog gets met by a devious vampire, named Miss He----ll who proceeds to turn Jules into a vampire. Oh my gosh! And Lydia comes out of nowhere to spar with Miss He---ll, and then goes over to see Miss H's latest victim and discovers it's Jules. All at once, she lifts Jules into her arms and they vanish. This is indeed pretty dramatic. Poor Ruby and Rowan.

@Karababy52 -
    The house re-vamp in Glimmerbrook looks really nice, and knowing that Morgyn will be "staying" with the girls is probably a relief to Essa. And now it looks like Josh has turned into a vampire. So sad. I hope that Essa can find where Kat is holding him in Forgotten Hollow and rescue him. Of course, she will have to keep a low profile so Kat doesn't know what she is up to. My summation of the end where Josh appears is that Josh and Essa are drawn together...and no force can keep them apart. They are destined to be together...and no matter what Kat does...Josh will always return to Essa.

@sassytxbrat -
    Great that Mia got a chance to look for a place to live in San Myshuno. And too bad they had a very cold day for a beach day. At least Lexi enjoyed playing in the sand, and Mia and Ren got to spend some time together. That was nice.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited August 2021
    July - Day 30: "FH House to be renovated!"

q5eqeqL.png

Notes

This is the house Essa will be living in for Forgotten Hollow. However, it's on a different lot and will have some renovations in my July 31st post. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    Our power went out last night for 5 hours right in the middle of my renovation of the house Essa will live in starting Sunday. Of course, I hadn't saved for awhile, so I lost almost all the work I'd done on it and have no screenshots to show. *sigh* The preview of the original design will be my update for July 30th. We are visiting our Son and Grandkids later today when I get up and I have no idea when we'll be back. Hopefully before Midnight. Anyway, the plan is to get the renovation finished and take a few screenshots tonight for today's post. After Midnight I'll age up Essa and Josh, move her into the home and begin with a story post for Sunday. Right now, I need to feed my cats and go get some sleep. Obviously, comments will have to wait until tonight or perhaps tomorrow as well. I apologize for the delay. :|

Hope y'all have a great day/night! <3
  • sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    edited July 2021
    Mia Patina
    July 31
    Week 14 Sunday

2021-07-20-19_04_49-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
    July 29 - Evergreen Harbor - Day 21 - Friday

sat-ren-and-ken-drawing.png
    Wolfgang and Sakura both had work today, but Wolfgang was going to stay at home. The day did not start out well for Sakura as she was sick.

sakura-is-sick-take-some-medicine-fri.png

But luckily, she had some medicine that she could take, and the illness was cured.

drinking-medicine.png

and-shes-cured.png

Wolfgang decides to hire a nanny again today, so he can work on some tasks. Ren and Ken head off to school.

hired-a-nanny-fri.png

It was raining and there was a chance of a thunderstorm. Sakura headed off to work in the rain.

fri-heading-to-work-in-the-rain.png

And just as Wolfgang puts another eco-design concept in the mail, he gets hit by lightning. Maybe he should stay inside for awhile.

wolf-got-hit-by-kiughting-getting-the-mail.png

Wolfgang just stands by the mailbox in a daze holding the grilled cheese sandwich that he was about to eat. The cheese is probably really melted now. Wolfgang heads inside and takes a bath.

i-am-not-getting-the-mail-int-he-rain-again.png
    help-out.png

Sakura is approached by a team mate at work for some help, which she readily gives and gets a small performance gain.
    help-out-answer.png

Wolfgang gets a call from the school that Ken was bullied and his lunch simoleons were stolen.
    find-the-kid-or-i-will.png

Wolfgang isn't putting up with any school bullies, and tells the school "To find the kid or he will." Wolfgang also thinks that he needs to help Ren and Ken with some self-defense lessons.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

wold-doing-a-proposal-for-knox.png

The rain had cleared, or so Wolfgang thought, and he had to present his eco-proposal to someone. As it happened, he saw Knox Snowden, from Mt. Komorebi looking around the port. Knox probably had a development project here. Wolfgang thought that Knox would be the perfect sim to present his plan to.

maybe-knox-is-running-away-because-of-wolfs-plans.png

Well, during the presentation, it had started to rain again, and after the presentation, Knox Snowden just kind of ran away. Whether it was from the storm or the "scary" proposal that Wolfgang had presented, Wolfgang just wasn't sure. Oh well.

fri-raining-hard.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The rain had cleared by the time Ren and Ken come home from school.

fri-night-its-the-weekend-still-c-studednts.png

And it was another bad day for Ren and Ken. Wolfgang knows that the routine of when they come home from school is to write in their journals, so Wolfgang suggests that Ren and Ken do that first before they do anything else.

another-bad-school-day-for-ren-and-ken.png

twins-tryuing-to-cheer-each-other-up-after-bad-da.png

Ren and Ken told stories of what happened to them at school today and tried to cheer each other up.

fri-working-on-fabrication.png

Sakura came home from work and immediately went to the fabricator to craft. She didn't get that promotion she was hoping for today, and needed to work harder on her job tasks.

GRILLED-CHEESE-FOR-DINNER.png

After working for a bit, Sakura changed and made everyone some grilled cheese for dinner.

Ren and Ken had free time after dinner, and soon it was time for them to head to bed.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

While Wolfgang was putting Ren and Ken to bed, Sakura decided to try on an old bathing suit. She wasn't sure it would fit. And while she had it on, Wolfgang came into the bedroom.

i-was-just-seeing-if-some-of-my-clothes-still-fit.png

Wolfgang: "Oh! Getting ready for summer?" he asked admiring Sakura in the bikini.

Sakura: "Well, um...I had gained a bit of weight with the triplets, and I was just seeing if it still fit. Does it look okay?"

Wolfgang: "It looks great from where I am standing. I think it fits perfectly..."

Sakura: "Thank you, "she said as she sat down on the bed, "I actually wanted to talk to you about the job you had mentioned when we were on our date. We never discussed it again, and then I had the triplets, and things just got busy..."

i-was-thinking-about-what-you-said-about-sulani.png

Wolfgang: "Oh, yes, the Conservationist job...well, when I mentioned it, you didn't seem too happy about it..."

Sakura: "Wolfgang, I was happy...I was just thinking about your Mom and that she might not see her grandkids as much as she would like with us living so far away."

Wolfgang: "Is that the reason? Oh Sakura, Mom understands that I have to take a job wherever I can...even if it is in Sulani. I talked to her about it, and she is fine with it."

are-you-sure-you-want-to-do-this-sakura.png

Sakura: "Oh Wolfgang, I just want everyone to be happy, and it was really your Mom I was thinking about. For me...I would love to go to Sulani...and that's why I was trying this bikini on...I was going to ask you if the job was still available."

do-you-have-any-idea-how-amazing-you-look-for-a-wman-who-gave-birth-to-5-kids.png

Wolfgang: "Sakura, you always care about others. And that is why I love you so very much. But there is such a thing as a vacation...and I am sure that Mom would love to come to Sulani and stay with us for awhile on vacation."

Sakura smiled: "Oh gosh! I never thought of that! Wolfgang...if you still want the job...I think you should take it. I really feel that we have done all we can here in Evergreen Harbor. And Sulani sounds so beautiful..."

Wolfgang kissed Sakura, "My love, if I get to see you in a bikini everyday, that will make me rather happy," he said as they shared a lingering kiss, "You are still very sexy. And for a sim who gave birth to five children, you look pretty amazing."

oh-wolfgang-ty-you-are-wonderful.png

Sakura smiled at him, "So, you think there might be a chance the job is still available?"

Wolfgang: "Actually, the recruiter texted me today, and I was going to talk to you about it tonight. But you beat me to it. The job is mine if I want it. But what about your job Sakura?"

Sakura: "I actually already checked and I can apply for a transfer. Sulani is a fragile eco-environment, and there is a branch of my company there. So, that would work out."

it-will-be-a-wonderful-start.png

Wolfgang texted the recruiter his response, "It's settled then, we're moving to Sulani. My new company has some rental places that they know of, and they are going to send me the listings."

Sakura: "Oh Wolfgang. That's exciting! Congratulations!"

Wolfgang looked at her flirtatiously: "Now...about that bikini...you know those straps look a little tight...let me help you loosen them..."

Sakura: "This top doesn't have any straps..."

Wolfgang: "I know..."

Sakura: "Oh, Wolfgang...!!!"

even-after-all-these-years-sakura-was-still-blown-away-by-wolfgang-s-kiss.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    edited July 2021
    How are my weekends even busier than my week days?!?! I wanted to add more to this update today but I ran out of time, but this will work for now. Comments coming either later tonight or tomorrow :)

--

Update 209 - Worrying

TXCBNtV.png
    It was getting late, and Rowan was getting especially worried that Jules still hadn't returned home yet. Ruby was doing her best to put on a brave face for him.
    s8jPRtq.jpg

"And it's her birthday tomorrow," Rowan reminded Ruby. "I want to give her that picture I made her." (Lol, thanks @Karababy52 for reminding me that Jules needs to age up this month :D)

"I know you do, bud," Ruby soothed. "You know Mom, she LOVES working out. Sometimes I think she just loses track of time when she gets in the groove. But in the meantime, let's get you to bed. It will make her so happy to come home and have us both in bed with our homework done."
    FzwnAGl.png

So Ruby did the obligatory ritual of spraying the monster under the bed.
    a34jF3g.jpg

And she tucked Rowan in, speaking reassuringly to him the whole time.
    0fU2hCM.jpg

But after getting herself ready for bed, and Jules had still not returned him, she really began to worry. She tried calling her one last time, but there was no answer.
    pez394H.png

What was she going to do if Jules didn't return home?
    SIQEd0i.png

edited July 2021
    July 30 - Evergreen Harbor - Day 22 - Saturday

port-proise-is-now-green.png
    Sakura was up early and working on her fabrication skill. How many candles had she already made? Who knows, but you can never have too many candles. Right?

sakrua-burning-herself-makign-candles.png

"Ouch! Hot! Hot! Hot!" Sakura shouted. The thing she hated most about making a dipped candle was burning yourself on the candle wax.

sakura-maxerd-fabrication-skill.png

But sometimes it was worth it, and Sakura maxed the fabrication skill. Congratulations! This would certainly help her to get the job promotion.

bagels-for-breakfast-sun.png

Afterwards, Sakura made some breakfast for everyone. She had been trying out some new recipes, and thought she would make some bagels for breakfast, along with some cheesy bread.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

While Sakura was making candles, Wolfgang was busy in the garden planting some crocuses. He had read that this would stop the bees from stinging him all the time. "You've met your match now, bees! No more stings for me!" Wolfgang said talking to the bees in their bee box.

wolfgang-not-more-stings-he-planted-crocus.png

With that done, Wolfgang went into the nursery to check on his precious bundles.

OH-LITTLE-KYRA-YOU-ARE-MY-FIRST-DAUGHTER.png

And, as usual, Kyra was wide awake crying demanding her breakfast, "My dear Kyra, for one so tiny, you certainly have really good lungs and a very loud cry...and here it is...breakfast time...oh yes....such a hungry little girl..."

Ren and Ken had their first Scout meeting today, and were running back and forth to the Scout Badge board to see what they needed to earn a certain badge. They had both been working very hard on drawings for their Arts and Crafts Badge.

earned-a-scout-badge-sat.png

kenji-making-a-mess.png

And it looks like Ken was just too excited about doing arts and crafts to work on his art table. Ooops!

hun-this-is-why-we-bought-you-an-art-table-no-messes.png

Sakura: "Oh Kenji...you were always the creative one, but please don't make messes. That is why we bought you an art table."

Ken knew he had done wrong and just nodded his head.

Ren and Ken already had two other badges, and with the third badge, it looks like they are both being promoted to Griffon Scout!
    griffon-scout-ken.png
    griffon-scout-ren.png

While Ren and Ken were at Scouts, Ren had to plan a Scouting activity.
    plan-it.png

And with his careful planning, it was an epic troop event.
    renard-the-planner.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sakura decided to invite Bess Sterling over. They were co-workers and Sakura wanted to have a good working relationship with her. Even though Sakura didn't agree with Bess' get-rich-quick schemes, she did want to get along with her. After all, they are practically neighbors.

making-friends-with-bess.png

And while Bess was visiting, Wolfgang decided he needed to start getting in shape for Sulani. He hadn't worked out in awhile, and with all those grilled cheese sandwiches he'd been eating...well...they were starting to take a toll on his body. He was hoping to get into the Marine Biologist branch of the Conservationist Career, and that required him to be in shape. Nothing like a jog around the neighborhood to start.

WOLFGANG-JOGS-IN-THE-NEIGHBORHOOD.png

And then some weight-lifting.

wolf-works-out-maybe-he-needs-o-get-in-shape4.png

*Pant* *Pant* "Dang!" Wolfgang thought, "How does Sakura stay in such great shape and she doesn't even work out? Okay, well maybe lifting the kids all day does it. That's it! New work-out...kid lifting..."

Ah yes, Wolfgang does enjoy "kid-lifting" so much more than weight lifting. And little Hana likes it, too.

ah-yes-kid-lifting-hana.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    edited August 2021
    July - Day 31: "The Rental"

1Mq21Jk.png

Notes
    0HAUafe.png
    Front View - Only thing I changed out here was the color of the bricks and some landscaping, which you can't see because of the snow.

InOHh5c.png
    Right Side

vKoqPyw.png
    Backyard

JuCMlJP.png
    Left Side - removed a fountain from the fence, some trash bags and a bee box.

KNwqG92.png
    Graveyard - removed a fairy statue/pedestal and a gravestone.

jq6Wghd.png
    Living Room - lots of expensive objects were removed from this room, including all the paintings.

AKEsUqS.png
    Muddy pawprints of some kind of animal that broke in. Looks like it 'used' those newspapers. Eww!

9IfCTc4.png
    Kitchen - switched out everything in here for different objects.

vrxt42g.png
    Very old food staples. I don't think Essa will keep this stuff. I sure wouldn't try to eat it. o.O Removed a few things here, added the bucket.

xA9ftDK.png
    Short hallway to the bathroom on the right.

HC3YpQF.png
    Above view of bathroom - different sink in here. Let's check out the second floor now.

UYOKJUm.png
    Right side abandoned dresser. Removed a few things that were on top and a couple others things.

QPMULbU.png
    Right side, left behind lab experiments and ladder to a tiny attic. Removed things from the tables, meant to remove the diploma. Will do that when Essa cleans this place up! Other objects were removed, including everything in the attic.

6tT0qyY.png
    Left Side bedroom/study area - removed some expensive paintings from the walls.

8gSSBrf.png
    Old trunk and sitting area. - removed two chairs and replaced them with this one.

xwY8uxc.png
    Desk/chair - removed some objects from the desk.

PQCGcOl.png
    Bed, storage chest and blanket storage.

nG8ivDU.png
    Balcony. First floor balcony looks exactly the same.

xULW3zD.png
    View of graveyard from balcony.

6xIhQPJ.png
    Cave in the rocks. I wonder what's in there. o.O

Annnd, that's it. Obviously I didn't change a lot from the original, except to mostly remove things. Essa will begin to clean it up right away, so it will look a bit different in the next update. She'll try to use as much as she can already there she deems salvageable, but probably throw out/sell some things. It will get fresh paint/wallpaper and cleaned up flooring/rugs. The outside won't be touched until Spring or a warm evening when the snow has melted.
    *Updated my July 31st post above! Comments coming up next! :)
    @SoulGal7
    The same as Ellu shared, I do understand how being late can be distressing. It's only happened to me once, but I was very upset about it. However, I've learned to accept that sometimes, it just can't be helped. We all have real life responsibilities that take precedence over everything else, those things are more important. This challenge is meant to be fun, not stressful. It was also meant to just be one daily post pic and a written summary of what happened during your play session.

Some/most of us gradually decided to start writing stories along with our daily post pic and introduced new characters as a result, whether that be a love interest(s), friends, new family members etc. Naturally one would want to play with them as well, as part of the story to tell. These characters become important to us along with the main challenge Sim, I understand that, it's how I feel about Josh. But, if it's become too stressful for you to keep up due to real life responsibilities, try to go back to the roots of the challenge.

Focus on just Sakura for awhile and let Wolfgang and the children take care of themselves most of the time. Or perhaps do as Ellu suggested and just extend your challenge. I said right from the beginning, the rules are just a guideline and that it was a WIP. It's changed quite a bit from my original idea thanks to many suggestions by everyone who has joined me, including you. :)

If you decide you'd rather continue writing a full story, you could also try doing what I end up doing a lot. Post just the daily post pic before Midnight and then play/write the story afterward when you have time to do it. It bothered me doing it that way at first, felt like I was cheating, but then I realized, no, it's not. I'm still getting my daily post pic in on time, it's the story part that ends up being 'late' that wasn't even the original idea. So I don't stress about it anymore.

Whatever you decide to do, is totally up to you of course and I will understand. You need to do what you feel is the best for you to alleviate the stress and have fun again. Whether that be ending your challenge, taking a break or extending it. I just want you to be happy and have fun. *Hugs* <3

I absolutely ADORE what you said about the way Josh showed up and they ended up together again for a short while. It just made my heart melt, and you're exactly right! No matter what happens to either of them, they'll always find there way back to each other. They are soulmates with a love written in the stars to last forever.

Aww man, poor Wolfgang got hit by lightening, again. He needs to learn to come inside when it's storming out. hehe I would believe it was the storm, not Wolfgang's scary proposal. But funny way to explain him running away. :D Great idea for a segue into Sulani with Sakura trying on the bikini. Yay! They're going to Sulani! I figured Mila would be okay with it. Moms always support their children and want them to be happy with wherever their career/life takes them. Excellent! :)

Speaking of candle wax, I almost burnt myself on candle wax when our power was out. I was pouring out melted wax from a candle so the wick would burn brighter and accidentally spilled it on my hand, my desk and the book I was reading. Opps! Luckily most of it fell on my desk and book though. Congrats to Sakura for maxing out the Fabrication skill! Congrats to Ren and Ken for being promoted to Griffin Scouts! Aww, yes Wolfgang, that's how Sakura stays in shape, kid lifting. I could beat Hubby arm wrestling back in the day from doing that myself. ;)

@Ellupelluellu
    Thank you, I knew you would recognize it. :) The tower rooms just seemed a natural choice to renovate for the twins to stay there. I'm happy you like what I did with them. :) Oh boy, yeah his original dark form was cringeworthy. :D I have screenshots, but just as with the dumpster woo hoo, I won't ever show them. o.O I should've figured that out how the game will make sure Sims that are friends or love interests will transition into vampires near each other, just makes sense. Thanks for the insight into that. :)

@sassytxbrat
    Aww, sounds like you have a lot on your plate right now. Perhaps a break for August would help. Or for however long it takes for things to slow down with your real life responsibilities. As I Told SoulGal, this challenge is supposed to be fun, if it's only been stressful, that's not good. Take the break, see how you feel and we'll welcome you back in September (or later if you need longer) if you decide to continue. *Hugs* Take a look at Ellu's suggestions for SoulGal too, she has some great tips and insights for the challenge and how to play it to be less stressful. :)

@permanentrose
    You're welcome for the reminder about aging up. I almost forgot myself. o.O Ruby is such a great big sister to Rowan. She's going to make a great Mom someday. <3 That last shot of her is heartbreaking. :'( Very excited to see where you take this story in FH. I think it's going to be a very fun month! :)
    @Karababy52
    And the saga with Inna Cents finally comes full circle. Like I said before, I love how you included this unfortunate incident in your story and made it work for your narrative, with all the fun surprises and twists you had along the way. Seth aged up to be quite a handsome teen too! And did you say their second baby is a boy? What's his name? Also great idea for having Essa becoming a vampire! It makes sense that she will have to become a vampire to match Kat's power, and she's lucky she knows a good group of vampires who will help her and help train her! Excited to see how you place out this month!

Oh nice idea to have the girls live with Morgyn and receive training! Very cool they will be living in the house you built for that month too - I love that! You can focus a lot more easily on Essa and the aspirations without controlling the twins this month too. I'm still deciding exactly what I want to do with Ruby and Rowan this month too...

And cool that you got to see Josh's transformation even though you weren't controlling him. Dark forms are always pretty ridiculous, but his sounds especially bad haha! I like the makeover you gave him though! And too funny and sweet that they insisted on having an autonomous woohoo <3

Oooh, your new house is so cool, love the idea of renovating a messy/abandoned house like that! That will be fun for sure. This pack really is so cool and has so many cool BB things. I wish I had time to build but I'm just gonna have Jules live with Lydia and Vlad to save myself some some time. Looking forward to see how Essa cleans the place up!

@Ellupelluellu
    Love your Sulani house! You're gonna have such a good time in Sulani with all those tots and pets, can't wait to see pics <3

@SoulGal7
    So it looks like you decided on Sulani for next month - that will be fun! Sulani is fun for toddlers too since they can actually dig in the sand and play in the ocean. Love seeing your big happy family too! You're doing great work with them. Loved those last shots of Ren and Wolfgang both in need of a bath :D

Nice work with scouts and skilling with the twins! When will the triplets age up, just curious :) I love seeing Wolfgang have sweet moments with all the babies too, just too cute :)

I hope you find a way to continue this challenge without it being stressful! For me, playing only when I can and dividing my play sessions into multiple updates has helped a lot. I try not to put too much pressure on myself to have long or detailed updates these days, and I definitely cheat needs when I need to for other family members. Makes it a lot less stressful with having limited time to play. I really hope you find a way to make it work where you feel like you're accomplishing what you want to and still having fun!
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member

@permanentrose ,
    Thanks, I love that house, it just needed a tiny renovation :p
    -- Oh, so sad to see them so worried :(
    @SoulGal7 ,
    thank you about the house :)
    -- Great job for Sakura to max the fabrication skill :)
    @Karababy52 ,
    Oh it is not because they are friends , game does that anyway, no matter who you play , that is meant for you as the player, to notice that now there is a new vampire :)
    --Oh I would love to renovate that house :D Essa has some serious cleaning to do :dizzy:

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina

Mx8

August, day 1

SbaBBLL.png
    The one in new house.

rwuChYN.png

kgKgiJn.png
    Upstairs is for Melody and Malcolm.

y6JvQrA.png
    Living room and kitchen.

VHSOUuh.png
    G9ZmpQ7.png

uEdPeXJ.png
    DOzbZ5G.png
    Kid's room is currently small and simple.

QNVdlWf.png
    ajZGQ4k.png

jvcUMt8.png
    QpbacX9.png
    akxRMSb.png

July 31 - Evergreen Harbor - Day 23 - Sunday

end-of-a-perfect-day-sun-ren-and-ken.png
    While making breakfast, Sakura had a wonderful idea. Ren and Ken have asked both Sakura and Wolfgang if they could go to a park to play on some playground equipment. There were no parks in Port Promise, but there was one close by. So, Sakura decided that they would head over to the park for part of the day, and then return in time for Ren and Ken to head to Scouts.

sakura-decides-they-should-have-a-day-at-the-park-with-ken-and-ren.png

Of course, first they have to do their chores.

bees-revenge-they-still-sting.png

It seems that the bees didn't get the message that they weren't supposed to sting Wolfgang if crocuses were planted.

oh-gee-bees-can-stink-children-ugh.png

Oh gosh! And now they are after poor Ken, who was just talking to the grubs. These are cranky bees.

Ren decides to play the violin Sakura gave him for his birthday autonomously. The nanny they hired to look after the triplets thinks that Ren sounds pretty good.

ren-autononously-plasy-violin.png

And Sakura gets a fan call.
    penny-pizzazz-call-sun.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

jren-and-ken-became-bffs-forever-sun.png

Ren and Ken become best friends. Ahhh...sweet.

bffs-forever-ren-and-ken.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

little-bit-of-fun-at-the-park-sun.png

Once they arrived at the park, Ren and Ken immediately headed over to the jungle gym. It looked like a space ship, and Wolfgang decided he was going to be a space monster.

wolf-is-a-space-monster.png

Obviously, the space monster was no match for Space Cadets Ren and Ken. To Infinity and Beyond!*

travellimg-the-galaxy-ren-and-ken-sun-in-park.png

While Ren and Ken continued to play on the space ship, Wolfgang did a bit of fishing and Sakura went collecting.

wolf-fishes-while-kids-play.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

After their morning at the park, they head back home and just in time for Ren and Ken to head off to Scouts.

heading-to-scouts-sunday.png

And while at Scouts, they were both promoted to Unicorn Scouts and got a bronze award. Congratulations Ren and Ken!

Once they returned home, Sakura prepared dinner, While she cooked, Wolfgang helped Ren and Ken with their school projects.

helping-ren-and-ken-with-their-projects-mon-nite.png

Sakura tried a new recipe, Shepherd's Pie tonight. Dinner time and even though Ren took a piece, he didn't eat any.

nice-family-dinner-telling-them-they-are-moving-to-sulani.png

Over dinner, Wolfgang tells them that they are moving in a few days to a place called Sulani.

Ren: "We get to live by the ocean? And get to go swimming everyday if we want? I mean, Evergreen Harbor is nice and all, but...well, to go to a place and swim all the time and build sand sculptures and just...do so much stuff. Count me in!"

swimming-and-sun-and-san-im-in.png

Ken: "So, Daddy, what does a Conservationist do?"

Wolfgang: "Well, they help protect the environment and the animals in the ocean..."

Sakura: "And you'll meet lots of new sims and they are very friendly."

Sakura had made some fruit kebobs on the grill, "A taste of Sulani. Lots of fresh food. Pineapple. Coconut."

i-think-ren-is-going-to-like-island-living.png

Ren looked at the Shepherd's pie and the fruit kebobs, and chose to eat the fruit kebobs. Ren was going to get along just fine in Sulani.

And so concludes the day, with Wolfgang doing his new "kid lifting" exercise routine.

you-are-part-of-my-new-exercise-routine.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

*To Infinity...and Beyond", said by Buzz Lightyear, Toy Story, 1995.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

FINAL-HOUSE-BEFORE-MOVE.png

Even though they were moving to Sulani, I decided to finish fixing up their house before their move. Port Promise now has a green eco-footprint. The front of the property got an overhaul, with a reclaimed brick walkway. The two round potted plants are dumpster dive items. I put a tree in the front of the house. The room that held the recycler, fabricator, woodworking table and candle maker, were moved, and this became an outdoor room. [Note: Sorry, these pics were taken at different times, as I forgot to take a pic of the side walls. And, that bunny on the table holding the sunflower is from the Cottage Living pack. I love that bunny and I love sunflowers.]

new-outdoor-room-rev.png

side-wall-of-outdoor-room.png

candle-wall-side-rev.png

The couch, chair, small side table, one plant, garden friend bunny (on floor), the table near candle wall and coffee table were dumpster finds. Sakura knit the carpet. I just moved the chess table. Some items were purchased from the Eco-Living pack.

CLIMBERS-AND-GYM-AND-BIKE-RACK.png

Some new climbers were purchased, and several bikes were put into inventory (Wolfgang and Sakura found a total of 10 bikes). Some fruit trees were relocated to the backyard. Wolfgang now has a fitness area.

fabricator-and-recycler-area.png

The recycler and fabricator were put under the new fabricated trellis in the backyard. The woodworking table and the candle making station are in the space between the two containers.

woodworking-table-and-candlemaking-in-center.png

The kitchen just got a few decorations. I created a kind of "fake" herb wall. Purchased the hanging broom and the carpet. The couch and the picture above the couch were dumpster finds. Moved the death flower in here, as a sim had harvested from it in the other room. Darn sims!

DUMPSTER-FOUND-PIC-AND-DEATH-FLOWER-IS-IN-HERE-NOW.png

KITCHEN-SOME-DECOR-ON-WALL-AND-MAT.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    @SoulGal7 ,
    -- I had the feeling boys would love Sulani :) House is looking awesome! :smiley:

edited August 2021
    Update 210 - The Forgotten Hollow

raUPdkA.jpg
    This update is a hot mess lol. I'm trying to tell a story but I'm just lacking the time and energy, so just bear with me :D

---
    Lydia had brought Jules back to her home in the Forgotten Hollow, and she waited anxiously by her bedside for her to wake up.

"Where am I?" Jules asked, groggily sitting up in the bed.
    gahUKwY.jpg

"Lydia?" Jules asked in confusion as Lydia come to join her on the bed, a sharp pain shooting through her abdomen. "What am I doing here?"
    W8HRHd2.jpg

So Lydia explained about how she had saved her from Miss He.ll's clutches, but not in time to keep her from turning into a vampire.
    NxEGmOG.jpg

"Wait what???" Jules' head swam with this shocking information.

"Don't worry," said Lydia. "My father will help you with your transition and explain more."
    tFtMrBO.png

Jules had another question though. "How did you even find me?"

Lydia looked at her a bit sheepishly. She admitted that she had been checking in on her from time to time, but she had been doing so more and more recently since Miss He.ll and a group of rebel vampires had been on a rampage lately, turning innocent victims into vampires. Their intentions were not entirely clear, but it appeared they might be trying to create an army of sorts. Lydia and several other vampires had formed a resistance and were doing all they could to stop these rebellious vampires.
    bm2Mi3Z.jpg

Wow, this was certainly a lot of information to comprehend, but there was one thought that was more pressing than all her other concerns. "Where are my kids?" Jules asked anxiously.

Lydia assured her that she had taken care of it and that they would be here shortly. In the meantime, she suggested Jules go clean up a bit and gave her some clean clothes to wear.

"It hurts," Jules moaned after she had showered and changed, her stomach writhing in pain. Lydia gave her a sympathetic smile and told it was normal and wouldn't be so painful once she fully turned.
    jpsJ9Ng.jpg

Meanwhile, Tiberius, one of Vlad's associates, had fetched Jules' children (and pets), as promised. Rowan was scared and confused, while Ruby was suspicious and had been hesitant to trust this strange man. Tiberius was clearly annoyed to be saddled with the role of "babysitter."
    IBJZWie.jpg

"Mommy!" Rowan exclaimed as soon as he saw Jules. "You're okay!"
    YghFEQT.jpg

"Can someone please explain what is going on?!?!"
    5I3yS9B.jpg

So Lydia brought them all up to speed. "And I think this is the safest place for all of you right now, until we figure out a plan to stop Miss He.ll."
    0RqDzXL.jpg

After that, Jules was exhausted and uncomfortable, so she went back upstairs to get some rest.

"I need to talk to my father about a few things," Lydia told Ruby and Rowan. "But please, make yourselves at home."
    uUkjuln.jpg

Rowan, who was feeling much better now that he knew Jules was okay, had an idea. "Let's make Mom a cake! It is still her birthday after all."
    jvjGir8.jpg

There wasn't anything better to do, so Ruby agreed to help Rowan with his plan, though it appeared that the kitchen hadn't been used in ages. (Also hi Mochi! She's now a cute little elder dog :smile:)
    xUJbD8B.jpg

Somehow, they managed to scrounge together enough ingredients to make a cake.
    PAtRMox.jpg

It was nice for the two of them to laugh and feel a bit carefree after the panic and stress of the past 24 hours, and while there was still a lot of uncertainty, at least they would be able to face it together.
    iWlwd4S.jpg
    o3trVcs.jpg

--
    I ran out of time to actually age Jules up so that will happen tomorrow. Honestly I'm not really sure how this month is gonna play out just yet. I was trying to get all serious in my past few updates, but this game just ends up being so goofy all the time that I decided to go with a more lighthearted tone for now even though things are a bit heavy for Jules and her family right now :)

Also I'm just winging it with whatever these rebel vampires are planning, I definitely still need to work out some details myself haha. :D
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    No clue whether this makes sense as it was written at 4am in a hurry because I need to catch the bus to the hospital for internship. See you guys later! :)

@SoulGal7 and @sassytxbrat Aw I'm sorry to hear that playing hasn't been as fun for you recently! I know that feeling of having to rush the daily story... (probably 3/4 of my daily updates were written at 3am because I was busy during the day... :# )

For one, it is really ok whatever you decide to do. Playing Sims should be fun. If it's a chore you dread, that is not how it's intended...
    It sounds like playing more SimDays before the next transition would solve some of your problems, but that needs time too. Also I think the format of playing just one SimDay per update makes each of the Days more meaningful, which I really like for myself.
    Still, I'd like to encourage you to be a bit more free with the SimTime in your updates if need be. I play with that format, but screenshotted in an extra save for the birthday for over 2 SimDays because there was just so much to do. On the other hand, there have been times where I split one SimDay into multiple updates :D
    I know the struggle to combine Sims and School too, and as I said above, for me it just did not work with a daily challenge, as I started to form some very unhealthy habits just to get my update in before bed. :(
    sassy - I can't even imagine! I just started working as intern and I constantly struggle because there's so little time left in the day for *anything.*

For me personally it was definitely the right decision to continue playing and writing my story like normal, but to remove/adjust my schedule as neccesary. I enjoy playing a lot more like that, as I can take my time with it and just not play if I don't feel like it (catching up or playing ahead has never worked for me because... life :D ) Also I don't feel like I pressure myself into playing Sims when I should do other stuff because of the daily updating, which is great as well. So what if I don't do more than 3-4 updates a month? That's still a lot (in July over 6000 words!) and it is something that I can make work with Uni, work, etc.
    So I guess I want to encourage you both that you don't neccesarily have to drop everything with these families if you decide you don't want to continue the daily posts. There is the option to continue their story and playtime, but not write an update every day and not pressure yourself to be "finished" with the current aspiration at the end of each month. (Of course that would mean kind of removing the main part of the challenge... But I think you'd still be welcome as part of this group, just like me - thank you to @Karababy52 for not taking issue with my very "liberal" ways of playing :blush: )
    Whether you decide to stop, take a break, change how your story works or just "remove" it from the Real-time constraints like I did... I hope you find what works for you :)
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    edited August 2021
    August - Day 1: "Happy Birthday..."

kIoe1YT.png

Notes

The next day Essa arrived in Forgotten Hollow with one suitcase containing a few clothes, toiletries and a few other miscellaneous items. Everything else had been picked up by a local storage company and taken to a large unit to be stored for the time being. She had no idea how long she'd be living and training in the rental house or what if anything it would need.

Nik had given her an address where her new landlord lived, but did not have any details about the rental house. He only knew that his friend, Greg Connors, owned the house and no one had rented it or lived there for a very long time. Greg would give her details about it when she arrived to pick up the keys.

Greg's wife was not home and there was a possibility he would be out on assignment for his job, one that required he be available 24/7 and leave at a moment's notice. Essa was instructed to wait outside if no one answered the door. His job assignments usually did not take very long so he should appear within a few minutes.

Essa knew from Nik, Greg was a vampire which wasn't surprising since he lived in Forgotten Hollow. Perhaps mortals lived here too, but she imagined they did not stay long considering the nature of their neighbors. What did surprise her was the discovery of his other dark nature.

yswG9ti.png
    Greg was indeed not home when Essa knocked on the door. She walked back to the sidewalk to wait. Within moments he manifested in a cloud of black smoke right next to her. She jumped back with a little yelp of surprise, which put a small smirk on Greg's face. Remembering her manners, Essa offered her hand to shake and introduced herself.

"Hello, you must be Mr. Connors, I'm Essa Ellington, your new tenant. It's a pleasure to meet you."
    "Are you sure about that Essa? Most do not enjoy meeting the agent of Death."

Z4fjym1.png
    (Wait...I know that voice! Oh my God! It's him! He was the mystery voice that helped me locate and torture Damon! It's, he's...the Grim Reaper! Holy Simoly! My landlord's the Grim Reaper! Don't freak out, just keep smiling.)

"Y-yes, it's nice at least to finally put a face (a very handsome face, who knew?) to the voice that helped me in my situation with Damon, Nik's Son. Why am I telling you that, I don't know, I'm sure you already know he's Nik's Son." Essa said a bit nervously.
    (Slow down Essa, take a breath.) *deep breath*
    "I'll admit it's a bit startling, given what, er, who you are, but hey, I was a Spellcaster, my friends are vampires, I've lived with a ghost and brought two back to life. Why wouldn't you be...Grim? Should I call you that? Or Mr. Connors? I want to thank you too for helping me. I never got a chance to do that...before, so...thank you!"

gqs5DY2.png
    "Call me Greg, I am Grim, yes, but I prefer my friends call me Greg."
    "Alright, Greg, thank you. I'm honored you feel I am your friend."
    "Not yet, but we will become so over time while training. Nik filled me in on why you are here and I've agreed to help you as well. When I have time. I can't speak for my wife, but she will most likely agree to help too."
    (The Grim Reaper, and his wife, will help me fight Kat...this is so surreal!)
    "There, is the house you will be renting." Greg said pointing to a Victorian style house similar to his own and others in the neighborhood a few yards away.

BdWr6Xu.png
    "Thank you so much, I appreciate it... Oh, it looks very nice from what I can see from here. So, we'll be neighbors."
    "We are all neighbors here in the Hollow. It's a small community."
    "Okay, that's cool. Does it have any furnishings?"
    "The last time I was inside, it was fully furnished." Greg informed Essa, leaving out the only time he'd been inside was to reap the souls of the occupants over 150 years ago.
    "I've had the electric and water turned on, it will be sufficient shelter for your time here."

s7vJj98.png
    "Alright, cool, thanks for that too. What about the rent? Should I pay whatever it is per month now? First and last month's rent? Security Deposit? Cleaning Deposit?"

Greg had not thought about any of that, nor did he have the time for it. He did not need or want any money in order for Essa to live in the house. He was only doing a favor for his friend. Favors were the normal form of 'payment' for the majority of things like this in the Hollow.

P5aqRjG.png
    "You do not need to pay me for the house Essa. Let's just say you owe me a favor, if I ever need one from you. A favor that will be honored without question. Okay? Does this sound like an agreeable arrangement to you?"
    "Seriously? Well...a favor, just a favor. Are you sure that will be enough?"
    "Yes, it is the way among friends. Live there as long as you wish, treat the house as your own. Use or improve/replace whatever is there you desire, sell or discard what you don't." Greg said and smiled.

His cell began to play an ominous tune and when he checked a text he'd received, Greg pulled a set of keys out of his pocket.
    "Here are the keys to the house, duty calls and I must go."

IX6rriy.png
    "Bye Gri-Greg. Thank you so much for everything, you're a good man, er, Grim? Vamp?" *sigh* "Person. Sorry, this is all so new to me. I'll be forever in your debt."
    "Yes, you are. For now..." Greg said and disappeared in a cloud of black smoke when he tapped the end of his scythe to the ground.
    (Wow! Such a dramatic, and quick exit! The ground shook!)

FOaRG9i.png
    Essa stood at one of twin locked gates gazing at her new home. Everything, all the foliage at least, was dead. It was Winter though, so not too surprising. After a few moments she unlocked the gate, walked up the front steps and with a resigned sigh, unlocked the front door and stepped inside.

yvEyRcD.png
    The dust, decay and disrepair that met her, had her frozen to the spot.
    (Unbelievable...sufficient shelter he said. For who? Squatters?)
    It was clear to Essa that Greg had not been inside the house in decades, if not longer. She was no stranger to living in similar decrepit abodes. She had sought shelter off and on in a number of them over the years while living on the street with her Mother.

mrVXdbQ.png
    The memory of those days combined with all that was happening now, had Essa covering her face in tears. She broke down and just let herself howl in anguish and pain.

yyMyQf5.png
    Sometimes tears are cathartic. She wasn't a weak person, far from it. But sooner or later, everyone can't help but let it out instead of keeping the hurt inside. Wiping the tears away, Essa strengthened her resolve and began to clean up her new home.

VEboUHi.png
    Several hours later, Essa washed some plates she found stashed in a cupboard and looked around at all she'd accomplished. She was tired, sore and hungry, but proud of herself. She'd done it all without the use of the Scrubaroo or repairio spells. Those certainly would've come in handy, but Essa had been given the Rites of Dissolution by her Father after she'd settled the girls in Glimmerbrook. She had stubbornly wanted it to be done her way, instead of as a result of the vampirism she would soon experience.

gNxeyK7.png
    She'd been pleasantly surprised to find some rather nicely preserved furniture underneath the dust cloths, except for one of two couches. The curtains crumbled at her touch, so they all had to be discarded, along with the filthy rugs. Tomorrow she would call and have some of her things brought from storage, including the smog vacuum to give everything an extra good cleaning.

It would probably be a good idea to look into buying new wallpaper at some point too. The floors, were still quite dirty, but they looked sturdy enough. The end tables had been unsalvageable, mice or rats had chewed up the legs so badly, she wondered how they had not fallen over. A couple crates she found outside in the snow would work for now.

v4hBJ8e.png
    Essa, went upstairs and wasn't surprised it was in the same state of disrepair and filth as the first floor. It was nice to see a bed, but no way would she ever use it. Essa had packed a blow-up mattress in her suitcase, just in case. She'd place it in the living room for now. It stunk up here from the chemicals on a lab desk and only God knows what else. She ignored her overworked muscles and went back to work.

BjLj63m.png
    Pulling a dust cloth off a hallway table revealed a beautiful antique underneath.

OqAoVDl.png
    She'd pay for it later, but had pushed and pulled, with sweat popping out and beading on her forehead until she had arranged the furniture to her liking as a test for where she might place her own stuff. The desk was nice, but it would eventually have to go. She had a newer one in storage. The desk chair was falling apart too. There was an overstuffed chair though it looked nice, she didn't trust it wasn't full of mice or something, so it would go too. She hadn't made a decision about the candelabra yet.

ZLIiCOB.png
    It still needed another good cleaning, but the dresser she found was okay after she'd cleaned out some old chewed up papers and clothes inside. It would probably have to go though as well. She didn't relish the thought of putting her clothes where mice had made their nests. She went downstairs to take a bath and clean herself up as best she could with the facilities available.

Uf4PsPV.png
    Essa had also packed a couple meals in her suitcase and sat eating one of them after heating it up. She had made plans to meet Damon and have him turn her tonight, but called to reschedule for tomorrow. She was just too tired and, well, it was her birthday. She'd forgotten about that until about an hour ago. No way was Essa going to 'end' her life on the date she began life.

YymrELS.png
    Finished with the meal, Essa left all the lights on and crawled under the covers on the blow-up mattress to get some much needed rest.

aUR9j6S.png
    Tomorrow would be the beginning of the end of her life as she knew it.

Comments on all your wonderful updates coming up next! Hope y'all had a great day/night!
    @permanentrose
    I'm so glad you enjoyed Inna's story. It's pretty cool how something so random can develop into a subplot this way. All Josh was trying to do was find someone to gift a knitted item and BAM, subplot is born. :D I was pleasantly surprised how handsome Seth turned out. But I guess I shouldn't be since Damon is gorgeous and Molly is so cute. In my opinion anyway. :) The new baby was named 'Kareem' by the game. I'm waiting for him to age up so I can change that. Just does not fit for this family. Not sure yet what I'll name him though.

Thanks about the plot to explain why Essa would be a vampire. I've had this planned for literally months! So happy it's finally time to play it out. I had intended to send the twins to live with Joel & Jon in Mt. Komorebi, then I remembered, hey they're Spellcasters and Essa has a house in Glimmerbrook! Perfect! ;) It just seemed to make sense Essa would not want them to live in FH with her. She'd want to keep them safe and needs to focus on her training. And yes, it'll make it easier to play just one Sim again. I'm already missing the twins and Josh though, of course.

Yeah, I guess that's by design that you'll see your own Sims when they transition to a vampire. I had no idea since I haven't played this pack very much. Thanks to @Ellupelluellu for the insight! Ugh, his dark form was horrendous. o.O That's only I think the second time autonomous woo hoo has happened in my game, both times with Josh and Essa! I think, happens so rarely I don't really remember. :D

I had thoughts of building a house, or just fixing up this one right from the beginning. But it's more fun this way! It won't take a long, long time for her to fix it up though, but it will go a little slowly, just not that slow. ;) Makes sense really that Jules would live with Lydia since she did rescue her. And who better to protect her than someone that loved her and the 'leader' of the vampires, Vlad. :)

Ohhh, I see, Ruby, Rowan, Pickles and Dill were brought to Vlad's mansion by Tiberius. Great idea! He looks very put out by it though. :D And, except that he's a vampire, he looks A LOT like one of my Sims that lives in EH in another save. Yeah, I can totally see Ruby being very upset and suspicious, demanding answers. Great idea having them make Jules a birthday cake. Too bad it'll make her sick though. :( Still, it's sweet of them to think of something like that at a time like this. Great start to your FH journey! Looking forward to reading more! :)

@Ellupelluellu
    Thank you so much for the insight into this, as I told permanent, I had no idea how it all worked since I haven't played this pack much. It's been fun so far, I really haven't done much yet, but it'll eventually be finished to resemble a bit what might've been it's original grandeur, but with a few more 'modern' furnishings. It's on the Gallery if you wanted to take a stab at renovating it yourself. I'd be curious to see what you'd do to it. :)

Ohhh, look at Melody, she's so beautiful! I LOVE that hairstyle from Cottage Living. It suits her perfectly with the red bow. :) Have you aged her up to an adult yet? Perhaps you have and the overlay doesn't make it show? I know you've said that's why your elders don't look like elders, so I was just curious. I LOVE that house, so pretty, open and airy. Love the photo wall, the sunsets, the kids playing with the pets in the sand. Just a very beautiful update! :)<3

@SoulGal7
    Ugh! Those darn bees! I thought crocuses were supposed to calm them down too. Maybe the plants aren't close enough? Perhaps if the crocuses were made into a flower arrangement and scented with bluebells so they don't die that might work better? I have no idea, other than what I've read on the forum and seen with James Turner's LPs. That's what he did anyway, used a flower arrangement of crocuses in a vase. So cute Ren and Ken are best friends! Looks like they had a fantastic time at the park together. So glad the boys enjoy the idea of going to Sulani! Great idea Sakura had for serving them some of the island dishes they may enjoy while living there.

The renovation of their home looks great! I absolutely love that bunny statue with the flower in it's mouth too! So, so cute!
    edited August 2021
    Update 211 - The Unexpected

HuQkPZM.jpg
    "Oh my goodness you two! This was such a nice surprise!" Jules said as Rowan and Ruby brought out her cake, though her stomach lurched uncomfortably. It seemed like an aversion to food was a side effect of her transformation.
    hVt5loy.jpg

Ruby and Rowan had apparently found some party supplies as well.
    XIALTOJ.jpg

So they sat down to enjoy the cake.
    ofAK7zc.jpg

"Oh no, sorry, Mom," Ruby exclaimed at Jules' revolted expression as she took a bite of cake, though she thought it tasted pretty good if she did say so herself. "I must have messed up the recipe..."
    8xc0AFt.jpg

"No, no, it's the not the cake," Jules assured her, feeling guilty for her reaction. "I just feel so unwell, I don't think I could eat anything right now."
    qX0N5Qh.jpg

It was getting late, and Jules wasn't sure where Lydia had gone off to, so she found a spare room and put her kids to bed.
    l4ir8By.png

Meanwhile, Lydia was at the Vatore household, talking with her father and Lilith and Caleb about plans for how to handle the rogue vampires that threatened to expose their existence.
    qCaKUli.png
    SMJ4eYv.png

Vlad wasn't too happy about playing nice with the Vatore siblings. He had never cared for them, especially after they had been the ones who encouraged Lydia to leave him in the first place. But with a war brewing between the vampires, it was obvious they would need to form an alliance to stop Miss He.ll and her fellow rebels.
    tweDZAv.png

They had also enlisted the aid of three very old vampires who wished to help stop the rampage Miss He.ll had started - Elle DeVampiro, Inna Cents, and Vlad Bloodvein. And so they began to strategize...
    ybFwNj8.jpg

Meanwhile, I had planned for Jules to find a vampire tome and/or research vampires online as well, just to get a little start on this aspiration, when this happened autonomously...(Jules was flirty because she suddenly decided she found Vlad to be attractive O.o. Actively ignoring that plot development LOL)
    IcDjTfF.png

"Oh so shiny! I want to touch these..."
    h5LArG2.jpg

Oh no...
    hD4784J.png
    y01qX29.jpg

"Jules!" Lydia yelled in her direction, arriving on the property just as Jules began to hover in the air.
    D57n72k.jpg

Dang, keeping this girl safe is a full time job...
    uVOYrnr.jpg

A few hours later though, Jules reappeared just where she had vanished.
    qF9Z2Rm.jpg

"Thank goodness you're okay!" Lydia exclaimed, rushing toward her.
    8iSdw9J.jpg
    KhS4p1T.jpg

"This has been the weirdest day of my life," Jules told Lydia as they sat down on the front porch. "It's been so hard with Emmett gone, doing all of this on my own. I'm really lucky I have you to help me navigate this right now."
    4n4qLgQ.jpg

Lydia's looking at her like, Dang, I'm still so in love with her...I'd do anything for her.
    bBGA2oe.jpg
    **Update**
    I forgot to add a whole part to my update above, so I just wanted to make a separate post letting you know that I added some more images and story in. Have a great day everyone! I will do comments later tonight if I have time :)

@permanentrose ,
    -- Oh, pictures tell more than words many times , so don't worry if you do not have time to tell everything in so many words :) Glad that Tiberius brought the kids and pets , hehe well yeah he was not so interested to be as babysitter :) Ruby has some moods there :smiley:
    -- Happy birthday to Jules :) No wonder she could not eat the cake :) Oh no! Poor luck, not only she is going thru that painful transformation and now she was kidnapped by aliens!!

@Karababy52 ,
    Oh Melody is YA still, as I end this one month later, this is still a YA month to me :) (as I am one moth behind). And no, my elders do look like elders, I have said they do not look as in game elders :) I never use solid overlays, only Jules and couple other sims by @permanentrose , in my game, have those. As I cannot edit those at anyway, when it comes adding scars or even wrinkles. I only use semi transparent, or totally transparent overlays :) So age shows up, but not as dramatically as in vanilla game :)
    --Oh, hey there Greg :) Haha, good that his wife was not at home, she has been acting up so weirdly in your game :D Gala without clothing.. endless ECO stuf cheering.. all that stuff :p
    hehe, I giggled to Essa's reaction to who he was :p Hehe, Essa does not remember Melody's surname ? To connect him to that "scary dad" talk :D
    Haha, I've would have creepy feeling after Grim would say to me that I am "forever in debt, for now.." :p But anyway, happy bd to Essa :)

edited August 2021

Mx8

August, day 2

z6BP4ol.png
    The one where getting started.

alAC7fa.png
    New try to get to the actor career. She did part of the aspiration, the very beginning at the start of DSV, but I decided then to take another attempt later. So now she starts at level 7 of the career! Her gig is not untill Tuesday and it is Saturday evening.. so no hurry, in that one.

SWAa8ZH.png
    Oh, yay! Mike is loving Sulani!

GWZzlp2.png
    Molly and Micky are not sure what to think.. floor is glass!!!

F5Gxv2V.png
    Melody started planting right away.. YAY thank you new lot challenge, I LOVE it! No need for mod anymore!! They need to have stuff to cook!

hYIDnep.png
    Molly also had no understanding why silly humansims like that nasty water so much!
    "Meow! Foolish!"

5GgRhE1.png
    Milly and Mona have similar hobbies, both were thinking was parsley really needed or not.. just green.. no flowers.. :p

R3QFwZC.png
    XLVRj63.png
    OYAeJKH.png
    Free will on to others but Melody, but they were enjoying! :smiley:

MfqMU2G.png
    She ordered the ingredients she cannot make yet, and WOW NAni was a delivery girl, well planned,game, as she is local! GREAT :)

RbNvKQU.png
    Nani:" I'll pay for this on my own, if you just give me an autograph??"
    z6BP4ol.png
    Melody: "I'll pay it myself, but here you go.."

Short update, but I like to start the next day from morning :)

edited August 2021
    August 1 - Evergreen Harbor - Day 24 - Monday

when-a-child-they-burture-the-same-as-adults.png
    It's new skill day today. Monday and Sakura works and Ren and Ken have school. Wolfgang works from home, and hires a nanny to look after the triplets. The bills arrive.
    mon-final-wk-bills.png

The maid is here and he does not look very happy climbing these ladders all the time.

MAID-IS-HERE.png

WOLFGANG-WATERING-SUNDAY.png

Wolfgang gets a call from the school, and apparently Ren has a bit of a crush on his teacher. Wolfgang shakes his head, "Don't punish love," he tells the school.
    dont-punish-love.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

MARY-AND-GIDEON-HARRIS-CAME-FOR-A-VISIT.png

When they come home from school, Gideon Harris and Mary Greenburg come for a visit.

FUN-WITH-FRIENDS.png

A few other friends come over, including their one-time babysitter, Harmony.

SAKURA-PROMOTED-MON-TO-P-OLICY-PLANNER.png

And Sakura comes home and gets a promotion to Policy Planner! Congratulations Sakura.
    POLICY-PLANNER-MON-PROMO.png

Sakura changes and helps Ren and Ken with a school project. Helping them is their Nanny, Darsh Ramesh.

sakura-helping-ren-and-ken-with-project-sun.png

For dinner tonight, Sakura again tries another new recipe. This time it's spinach and mushroom quiche. Everyone thinks this is a delicious dish. Wolfgang knows that Sakura has been working very hard, and volunteers to make dinner tomorrow night.

sakura-baked-a-lovely-quiche.png

they-like-quiche.png

After dinner, it's free time.

kewn-works-on-artistic-aspiration.png

Was there ever any doubt that our little messmaker, Ken, would be the first to complete the Artistic Prodigy Aspiration? All those messes when he was a toddler were just his inspirations. He really does love his art table. Congratulations, Ken! [See Notes below regarding screenies].
    ken-artistic-asp.png

[Edit: I went to an older save file and found it! Yes!]

REN-HAPPILY-PLAYIING-ON-THEW-NEW-MONKEY-BARS.png

And Ren, the explorer and adventurer, is the first to complete the Rambunctious Scamp Aspiration. Congratulations, Ren!
    ren-mon-physical-asp-done.png

Ren is so determined to finish his school project.

Ren: "Mommy, look! I built a robot just like Daddy told me he did."

Sakura smiled at Ren and his creation and she wondered if this is how Wolfgang had started his love of robots.

i-made-a-robot-mom-just-like-dad.png

Wolfgang autonomously watches television. This is the very first time anyone has autonomously watched the tv. And what is he watching? The public address system. Oh riveting! Time to say good night to this family.

wolf-watching-public-address.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Because I only started in Evergreen Harbor on July 8, they will start Sulani on August 8th.

I did not take all the screenies of when Ren and Ken completed their childhood aspirations. When I went back to do so, the notices were gone from the drop down notices. But I did take notes, and know who completed which aspiration when. As of Weds. am (in-game time, Ren still had Whiz Kid to complete and Ken still had Social aspiration to complete.

When they were born, I had left Ren and Ken as babies for 9 days, so I am doing the same for Kyra, Riki and Hana. Most days now, Wolfgang works from home and hires a Nanny.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    August - Day 2: "Death, is only the beginning..."

nb2h7Bq.png

Notes
    fMK2Nh3.png
    "Oh God Damon, I'm so scared. I know I have to do this, but it still terrifies me. Just the thought of it makes me want to run away from you right now while I still can."
    "You can still change your mind if you want to. But once we've begun, I can't stop. Be sure Essa, be very sure."
    "I'm...I...I'm sure, yes, YES! I don't have any other choice. Let's do this. Quickly, before I change my mind."

ZUxWJGy.png
    Damon pulled away from Essa and changed into his dark mode to do the deed.

CBP6m7I.png
    "Look into my eyes Essa. That's the way. I need to mesmerize you to hold still and let me bite you. You want that, don't you? You will not feel any pain, you will enjoy the feel of my bite, yes?"
    "Yesh, Damon, I wan you to bite me. No pain...yes."

From the glassy wide-eyed look Essa was giving him and the slightly slurred way she spoke, Damon knew his powers had put her into a deep trance. She was ready to receive his bite and begin transitioning to a vampire.

DwFb9OQ.png
    UQPSWTD.png
    "Mmm, ohh, yeahhh, that feels sooo good, yes, yesh. Bite me more...harder... Mmmm."

ar5I8Dx.png
    (Oh man, Essa, don't talk like that. Years ago I loved when you spoke those words to me. So help me God, it's bringing me back to...when we...No, NO!!)
    "Essa, you will not speak until I give you permission."

She said nothing, only staring at him in what looked like a drunken stupor. Damon continued, stopping only just before she was drained completely of her plasma. It was the way it had to be. Brought to the brink of death to receive the ultimate gift of eternal undead life through his own plasma.

D3zJaOG.png
    "You may speak now."
    "Ish it over?"
    "Not quite, sorry to say. You need to drink my plasma."

H5aVeY2.png
    Damon bit into the radial artery of his wrist and then offered it to Essa.

qmybzxY.png
    She drank deeply, hungerly as if his plasma were the most exquisite tasting ambrosia.
    (Ow, oh man, ow, ow OW! AHH that hurts!)

HvJILb7.png
    Damon felt extreme pain, almost unbearable as Essa continued to feed.
    "AHHHHHHHHH!! Okay...that's...enough. STOP!" Damon yelled, pulling his arm away from Essa feasting on his wrist.

ZSimXOC.png
    "I am so sorry Damon. Please forgive me. I didn't know it hurt you that much. You just tasted...so good...and...I can't believe I just said that."

rP1DkXl.png
    "So is that it? Wow, that wasn't near as bad as I imagined. Am I a vampire now?"
    Damon said nothing, knowing any moment now she would know that it WAS as bad, even more so than one could ever imagine.

UDpFY99.png
    "OHHH NO! OH God, GAWD, it hurts, it hurts so bad."
    "I know, and I'm so sorry, but it's the only way."

ZVWrjhk.png
    "Please listen closely, Essa. What I am about to tell you is very important. You will feel extreme pain and hunger for no more than three days. You will want to eat, must eat or you will die. But food will disgust you eventually and make you sick. You will crave plasma. Usually fledglings don't know this is what they want and will need to survive. But you went into this willingly and will know, because I have told you."

"I am your Master now as your sire. It is the way of the vampire and has been since the first vampire was created. You and I share an unbreakable bond. Whenever you feel fear, I will know. Whenever you are in danger, I will know. Whenever you are sad, I will know, I will feel it and come to you. As your Maker, I am responsible for you now. We are bound together for all eternity until you die, I die or you are not a vampire anymore. I will teach you to learn our ways, it is my duty, but I would willingly teach you anyway. You already know this but I felt it must be said."

"As your Maker, you must obey anything I may command of you. However, please know, as your friend first and foremost, I will NOT command you to do anything other than what is necessary to learn our ways. You can trust me to not take advantage of you as in the past. I promise, you have my word. Do you believe me? It's essential that you trust me and listen to me for your own safety."

A2jxhak.png
    "Yeah, I believe you Damon. I trust you now, or I wouldn't have asked you to be the one to turn me. You've already proved yourself to me. All I need is your word you will respect me, and you have given it...but..."

"...why do I feel like I want to kiss you right now? Why do you seem so much more attractive and desirable than before? I love Josh, with all my heart and soul. But I can't deny this feeling, it's like...I'm falling in love with you. Where did it come from? Is that a part of your command over me now, so I'll listen to you and obey?"

maDzsoE.png
    ISCXuaB.png
    "Nah, it's probably just an after affect from being mesmerized and/or turned. I've heard of fledglings falling in love with their Master, it's actually quite common. But, like you said, you love Josh, I love Molly. It'll wear off soon." Damon said trying to lighten the awkward moment with a smile. He was having romantic feelings he hadn't felt for her in a long time too. However, it would pass, he was sure of it.

"It's more likely a familial thing, like the strong feelings of adoration, admiration, or love, one feels for a family member. You're just confused. In the vampire world, you're my child now, because I made you."
    "Your child? So...you're my Father now?"
    "No, yes, but not in the sense you think. I know it's weird, but it is what it is."

"Okay, I think I get what you're trying to say, though it's messing with my head." Essa said and laughed before a strong wave of intense pain hit her.

dtRftuF.png
    "Ahhh, there it is again. Will I keep feeling this kind of pain off and on? Or will it get stronger and longer until I turn?"
    "Sadly, sorry to say, it will get worse. Try to hold on to the fact it won't last forever. Once you've completely transitioned, you won't feel anymore pain. I promise."

K1ptwvp.png
    "Thank you Damon, I know this couldn't have been easy for you to do. I guess we're going to be even closer now than we already were, before, huh?"
    "Yes, we will...you should go home and try to enjoy your last days as a mortal. Go out in the Sun and remember what it feels like, you won't be seeing it for awhile, at least until you get stronger and learn how to make yourself resistant to it. Try to relax as best you can, maybe do some strength training. Do you have any exercise equipment?"
    "I will later tonight. Some of our things should arrive soon at the house. We had all of Josh's equipment in storage, but I figured I'd need it now."
    "Good idea! Good luck Essa, I'll always be nearby if you need me and come running when you do."
    "Thanks again Damon, I better go now. See you soon."
    "Goodbye my child." Damon said and smirked.
    Essa rolled her eyes and shook her head with a smirk of her own.
    "If you think I'm going to call you Daddy now, you're sorely mistaken Mister Hot Shot Vamp."
    "Aww, is that any way to talk to you dear old Dad?"
    "Quit it!" Essa said with a laugh. Honestly she appreciated his attempt to make this a bit easier on her by making jokes. It helped.

Before she left, Damon gave Essa a set of Vampire Encyclopedias to help her learn about Vampires and their ways.

mAaObxs.png
    When Essa arrived back at the house, she saw a Semi belonging to the storage company just pulling up to the curb out front. They helped her move everything inside and left. After spending some time placing a few things, Essa drew a replica of Kat's face on the punching bag and went to town on it.

MeOtiU5.png
    "Pucker up *beep*! " *POW* *POW* *POWPOWPOWPOWPOW*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top