Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Falconcrest

Comments

• flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    edited June 2021
    @Damienf519 This world, like most of my worlds, has a back story that will explain why it looks like it does and will be released when the world is complete. I do not build a world before thinking about the WHY and HISTORY of the world. For this world, since it originally came from the Unreal Engine and is only one map of several from a small fantasy game I am working on, has a very long backstory including ancient lore, conflicts, Old Gods raining destruction, and other myths and legends. I purposely designed this map to look a certain way as a part of that fantasy world.

@suetoop I am so glad to hear that my worlds have been a part of your game play! Thank you for your compliments.
    Post edited by flstrider on
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    Well it makes sense than, it sounds like you have your reasons for it looking the way that it does
    been making some adjustments to the world and working on figuring out what community lots I am missing (trying to get all lot types into the world minus some of the WA ITF and university lots). Started on the graveyard located in the supernatural section and it is my base version of the Grimms Store lot. The door from that set will fit on this lot.........

Screenshot-22.jpg

Screenshot-23.jpg

Screenshot-24.jpg

This is just the shell and is not complete should have the rest done soon

More as the build continues...............
    NewSig.jpg

Finished up the last little bit of terrain sculpting and all that is left is the lot building and small details (street lights, road signs etc). Two zones are complete the seaport and now the "Suburbs" .......

Suburbs.png

6 starter homes are located in this zone and two empty lots (30x30 and 20x20)
    NewSig.jpg

• soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,261 Member

The latest updates look great. Nice to have a good selection of starter homes. Your world is coming along very well @flstrider. I too was puzzled about the squared sections so am curiously waiting for the revealing backstory 😀 🌼
    There is so much wrong with this world I am going back to the beginning. Everything from the backstory to the bridges, terrain painting and sculpting, and general layout I am very dissatisfied with. The backstory for this world does not really fit the game play of the Sims so that will stay with the Unreal Engine version of Falconcrest. I will, however use some of that story for the supernatural section and build a new story for this version of Falconcrest. The biggest two mistakes I made was first bouncing around the different sections instead of staying with one section until it was complete. The second was not taking this world into the game often (not just in EIG) and checking on each of the bridges and other things before continuing the build. I also remembered that changing the base textures does cause some issues with the world.

Well like I said in the very first post it has been three years since I used CAW guess I forgot more than I thought

The build (and the re-learning) continues!
    NewSig.jpg

Aw you put in so much work, but at least it was a good refresher. Hope you’ll enjoy creating the next version.
    @soocoolsim I am not changing too much, the supernatural area, and seaport area will be pretty much the same. just needed to get back to doing things the correct way and had to stop rushing things.

So back to the drawing board and the first area I will be working in is the Seaport. As I stated this area will remain pretty much the same with some small adjustments..........

The original version.....
    Seaport.png

And the beginnings of the updated version.....
    Screenshot-2(2).jpg

Screenshot-7(1).jpg

More as the work continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

edited June 2021
    Seaport is totally complete with all lots, street details, and spawners. The results........

Screenshot-11(1).jpg

Screenshot-8.jpg

Screenshot-10(2).jpg

Screenshot-9(2).jpg

Seaport1(1).png

Next area will be the Government Island. More as the build progresses..........
    NewSig.jpg

Finishing up Government Island just need to add a few street details. The results.....

Original area...
    RefFest02.png

Updated version...
    Gov_Island1.jpg

Gov_Island2.jpg

[Gov_Island3.jpg

Gov_Island5.jpg

Gov_Island4.jpg

I noted while working on this area that there will not be enough space around the map to place a port in this world so that lot type will not be used. More as the assembly continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

Wow you are getting this redone so quickly. It’s all looking great. I prefer the natural lines much better indeed 😀
    @soocoolsim Yeah I like the natural lines as well should have just gone with that from the beginning instead of trying to work in the other world exactly.

Not much done today just finished up the Spa and watering hole area of the "seaport" Island and started on the suburbs (not going to be much difference here)

Original area...
    Suburbs.png

And the start of the update.....
    Suburbs_Start3.jpg

Suburbs_Start2.jpg

Suburbs_Start1.jpg

More as the construction continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• VincentTVincentT Posts: 90 Member
    Great progress and a good decision! Those more natural lines look much better.
    @VincentT Thank you... I was so hellbent on keeping this world the same as the Unreal version and never considered the difference in game play. Oh well... like I said a three year absence does affect your thinking.

Completed the "Suburbs"..... The result...

Screenshot-7(2).jpg

Screenshot-6(3).jpg

Screenshot-5(1).jpg

Next area will be the downtown area

More as the build continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

decided to work both the downtown and fairgrounds areas together as they dictate the rural and military area's also added a "rich" area to the suburbs section...... the progress:

Screenshot-13(2).jpg

Screenshot-12(1).jpg

Screenshot-11(2).jpg

Long way to go! more as the work continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

Took a little break to take care of some personal stuff so getting back into the build by working on a new lot for the fairgrounds.......

Falcon Stadium
    Screenshot-17(1).jpg

Screenshot-16(1).jpg

Just the beginnings still have some work to do on it.

More as the build continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

• suzsessuzses Posts: 2,433 Member
    @flstrider Everything is still looking wonderful, and you're still moving pretty fast, methinks. :D
    Ackney-upon-Sherne Collab on the forum here
    My Sims 3 Studio
    My forum builds thread
    @suzses A little fast but I already had the world laid out so that helps a bit ;) . This part of the world will not move as fast though.....

Still working on the Downtown and fairgrounds areas still have much more to go. The world so far.....

Overview
    Screenshot-20.jpg

Arcade
    Screenshot-22(1).jpg

Festival lot entrance
    Screenshot-23(1).jpg

Screenshot-24(1).jpg

"Rich" area small park
    Screenshot-21.jpg

More as the progress continues......
    NewSig.jpg

Sorry there has been no updates for a while I am running into all the problems that made me leave CAW in the first place, brown terrain paint, EIG crashing, CAW crashing (and it does not help that my computer is 100 years old...LOL). Not giving up however and this is actually a "blessing in disguise", while looking at the first pic in my last post I finally figured out one of the things that has been bugging me about this world...... zone transitions.

So it's back to the beginning yet again. Third times the charm? we will find out

The build starts anew.....

NewSig.jpg

• VincentTVincentT Posts: 90 Member
    Fingers crossed it will work out this time!

Sorry that you’re not quite into the groove @flstrider . Hope you don’t get too frustrated and third time is indeed the charm.
    @soocoolsim @VincentT thank you I forgot how "touchy" CAW is...LOL but have been enjoying rearranging this world

So for today's update..... I have been working on moving the various zones around to find a better flow. I think I have found a layout that works a bit better but still not real sure if this is what I really want

Overview (so far)
    New_layout.png

The new "Fairgrounds" area
    Screenshot-2(3).jpg

Screenshot(3).jpg

More as the rework continues.....
    NewSig.jpg

edited August 2021
    Work on the "Fairgrounds" is complete this area includes the Hoi Polloi Event center Falcon Park and Falcon Stadium, Festival grounds, fishing hole, arboretum, performance and big parks plus a beach lot.

Screenshot(4).jpg

Next area will be the seaport....More as we continue the reconstruction......
    NewSig.jpg

edited December 2021
    forgot to add a pic of the beach lot

Screenshot-5(2).jpg
    NewSig.jpg

It’s coming along great @flstrider 🌼

Leave a Comment