March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 on PS5 is amazing!

I’ve just received my PlayStation 5. At the moment my game has less bugs and loading screens are super short. Wow. I didn’t expected that this game could be much more better on the next gen console.

Comments

• MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    I see just as many bugs, but it is quite a bit quicker.
    Mostly just loading into the game is the biggest. The rest is mostly a few seconds faster here and there.
    Hope Sony sorts out manufacturing soon for folks who weren't able to get one.👍
  • WHW_SimmerWHW_Simmer Posts: 21 Member
    @Sthenastia Do you happen to have all the packs installed? Or close to it anyway? While I started playing Sims 4 on PS4, I got it for PC recently after getting a new laptop, and the load times on it, not to mention the benefits of PC, are great. However, I do miss playing Sims 4 on my TV while relaxing in my recliner, even without all the benefits of playing on PC. So I'm thinking of getting a PS5 since I'm already in the Playstation ecosystem and can transfer all my Sims 4 data from PS4 Pro to PS5 and not have to buy the packs all over again if I had gone with an Xbox Series X (which I understand is an amazing console as well).
    "It is now time for our main event of Bob Pancakes vs. Diego Lobo, but here comes Caleb Vatore with an angry holiday gnome! And now here comes Johnny Zest with a cup of vampire cure! It's pandemonium, but we're out of time!"
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I have the most of packs and everything is ok :)
  • SepiaSepia Posts: 101 Member
    Thanks! I wondered about the loading time on PS5. It’s awful for me on my PS4.
  • sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Does the game have 2 loading screens on the PS5 as it does on the PS4, when you first start up the game?
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    1-2 minutes
  • roggekroggek Posts: 66 Member
    edited February 2021
    And why is a PS5 playing The Sims 4 so fast?

Due to the SSD disk in the console...

A PC with an SSD plays Sims 4 as good as a PS5/XBOX Series X.
    So nothing new under the sun...
  • PickledtiaraPickledtiara Posts: 169 Member
    edited February 2021
    roggek wrote: »

If you are comparing it from last gen console to current version then the SSD is new. Before PS5 you could install a SSD for PS4 but it was a little bit of work and not everyone feels comfortable opening up their console. I assume the OP was comparing the load times to PS4.
    Gallery ID Pickledtiara
    roggek wrote: »

The PS5 and the Xbox Series X is suppose to be like that because the console makers are trying to get the consoles as good as or even better at running video games as the PC does.
  • NoobplayersptNoobplayerspt Posts: 1 New Member
    I wish it was possible to have an update or upgrade from sims 4 to versions of the next generation of consoles. i play sims 4 on ps5 on a 4k tv and the game seems blurry because of the low resolution you could do like other games example for honor which is still the ps4 version but it released a patch to unlock the resolution and even made some improvements graphics.
  • CausingNickel0CausingNickel0 Posts: 20 Member
    I can confirm. Sims on the next-gen consoles work great... But I still expect EA to optimise the game for Xbox Series X/S and PlayStation 5.
  • StephenJHollowayStephenJHolloway Posts: 71 Member
    I still feel like the game could look better. The Sims textures since the recent patch look amazing but from videos I have watched of people playing on the new current gen consoles the world and object textures still look really blurry and grainy. On pc they look high quality and crisp. I really hope they improve the game visually on these new consoles as they can handle it. I don't see any visual improvements at all despite them having said back when it was announced for the new consoles that it would have improvements.
    The blurry console textures is really noticeable in San myshuno if you look at the surrounding high rise buildings.
    The blurry console textures is really noticeable in San myshuno if you look at the surrounding high rise buildings.
    You mean the buildings that are off in the distance right?
  • AntwerpoAntwerpo Posts: 90 Member
    Good to hear. Still waiting for mine and was wondering if the PS5 will improve much.
    sunman502 wrote: »

Basically every texture in game including the build buy catalogue.

Basically every texture in game including the build buy catalogue.
    If this were a PC version, I might have been able to help with that by adjusting the game resolution through settings. But I don't think you can do that on a console.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I’ve just received my PlayStation 5. At the moment my game has less bugs and loading screens are super short. Wow. I didn’t expected that this game could be much more better on the next gen console.

It's cause the PS5 has an Sd Drive vs a Hard drive on the PS4. SDs are much more faster.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    So, how do I transfer my saved game from PS4 to a PS5? Is it possible?
    I mean, once I get my hands on a PS5 (in the year 3000 probably, when they're widely available for sale). :s
  • shotbyronshotbyron Posts: 59 Member
    JPNeko wrote: »
    I mean, once I get my hands on a PS5 (in the year 3000 probably, when they're widely available for sale). :s

There might be other ways, but if you have Playstation plus you can upload your save files to the cloud, then download them on your new system.

Settings > Saved Data and Game settings > Saved Data > then either upload or download.

You should be able to link the two Playstation consoles together through a USB cable. Then you should be able to upload your profile and saved database over to the PS5 from there. If not, you can always upload all of your data to the cloud, and then download to the PS5 from there.
  • JPNekoJPNeko Posts: 296 Member
    shotbyron wrote: »

There might be other ways, but if you have Playstation plus you can upload your save files to the cloud, then download them on your new system.

Settings > Saved Data and Game settings > Saved Data > then either upload or download.
    You should be able to link the two Playstation consoles together through a USB cable. Then you should be able to upload your profile and saved database over to the PS5 from there. If not, you can always upload all of your data to the cloud, and then download to the PS5 from there.

Thanks both of you. I will be doing that once I have my PS5. :)
    shotbyron wrote: »

Thanks both of you. I will be doing that once I have my PS5. :)
    You're welcome! :)
  • MrSimGamer112MrSimGamer112 Posts: 29 Member
    It sounds good the loading screens are shorter. Hope they look at having less of these when the Sims 5 comes along ☺️
  • Olalla1986Olalla1986 Posts: 286 Member
    I just ordered my ps5 and it should come soon, and I’m mostly curious for those who use latest gen, how the game performs in crowded places like San Myshuno festivals (San Myshuno in general, is it smooth?) or University dorms? On PS4 it was sometimes alright and sometimes the lag was getting serious.