Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims4 Neighborhood/World Builder

SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
I'm sure this has been suggested before but my internet is not cooperating with me to search. I miss being able to build entire neighborhoods/worlds from scratch. It was cool when we had separate games for building just the worlds. Although, an expansion that is all about world-building would be cool too. Then we could make custom lot sizes, have lots next to one another if Sims wanted to buy multiple lots to function as one large property. It would be fun to customize terrain and overall layout. I'd love to be able to build new alien worlds. Maybe have a space station on another planet (that works as a neighborhood), make new places for Sims to go when they work, etc. I'd like them to be able to have themes- for instance a futuristic world where Sims dress in futuristic clothes and all of the buildings and such are higher tech. There could be more industrial polluting ones (sort of like with Eco Life) but others that run on solar and wind power. Instead of carrying Phones, Sims could have bluetooth earbuds and a holographic screen that pops up in front of them so they can video chat.
On the lower tech side, there could be Amish or medieval Sims that have no electricity and use more basic tools. They would farm the land, forage, and raise livestock. No futuristic sims would appear in these neighborhoods. I suppose it would be like setting the look the way it is in the Star Wars pack where the npcs have appropriate attire.
It would be nice to be able to build new worlds for Cottage Living gameplay.

I just had brain freeze. LOL.

Comments

• kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Something I'd like in a world-building pack or tool or mod would be the ability to do a high-level edit on a world. Not just determining where lots are and all that, but something like this:

Start up the game, and click an option for start new game. At this point, you're given the option to build new worlds from the ground up, but also to choose which worlds are part of your game. So you can choose not to have Mt. Komorebi or Batuu or Willow Creek if you don't want them in this save file (or you can add them later, and if you load up an older save after adding a pack that includes a new world, you'll be asked if you want to add the new world or not).

Now you have whatever your included worlds are. You can access the in-game calendar and change or delete all the holidays if you want. You can also access every household's family trees and repair, destroy, whatever them. You can assign skills and jobs and whatever else to individual sims.

All without having to do the dance of loading the game, creating a sim you maybe don't even intend to play, moving them in, moving them out, deleting them, visiting every household to make sure the relationships and family trees are where they're supposed to be, etc.
  • SuceressSuceress Posts: 1,679 Member
    I completely agree. I wish we had the option to go straight to building the world instead of going to Create-A-Sim when we want a new game. Sometimes I just want to build and not mess with CAS. I prefer to do the builds first and then create sims to move in. It would be nice if when we start up and select New Game it would ask "Would you like to start in create-a-world/build mode or create-a-sim?" and let you choose.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Suceress wrote: »
    I completely agree. I wish we had the option to go straight to building the world instead of going to Create-A-Sim when we want a new game. Sometimes I just want to build and not mess with CAS. I prefer to do the builds first and then create sims to move in. It would be nice if when we start up and select New Game it would ask "Would you like to start in create-a-world/build mode or create-a-sim?" and let you choose.

I would love love LOVE that! It always irks me that I need to make a sim first before I can build. Or that I can't just go to the mapview and choose a family already in world in a new save.
  • nomiellnomiell Posts: 5 New Member
    I agree !! The possibilities are so limited with the worlds, ugh. I would love to build one from scratch or edit the existing ones, plus being able to customize the size of the lots wherever i want.
    Agreed, nomiell. I would love to be able to have larger lots. Even the biggest lot is nowhere near enough to portray my yard-- granted I live on 30 acres-- but at the very least it would be nice to be able to group lots together and have Sims own them all as one property. That way I could try to build my home-- complete with barn, workshop, well/pump shed, car port, lean-tos etc.
    I need to find the name of the CC. It has to do with farming-- someone expanded one of the existing neighborhoods so that you don't get a ton of loading screens in between and added a bunch of 64x64 lots. I haven't downloaded it because my internet is being uncooperative, but I'm hoping to give it a try at some point. If someone can make CC that allows for expanded neighborhoods, surely EA can pull it off.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Suceress wrote: »
    I need to find the name of the CC. It has to do with farming-- someone expanded one of the existing neighborhoods so that you don't get a ton of loading screens in between and added a bunch of 64x64 lots. I haven't downloaded it because my internet is being uncooperative, but I'm hoping to give it a try at some point. If someone can make CC that allows for expanded neighborhoods, surely EA can pull it off.

Here's the link to that mod, but I'm not sure it's working with the recent Cottage Living patch.

https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-farmland-1-1-53565803
    Thank you, chicklet!