Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Building functional space under roofs

Sorry if I posted this in a wrong category, couldn't decide which one would be the right one. So I have a question..is it possible to create functional space under roofs?? I see photos and posts from simmers who achieved it but I cannot for the life of me find a tutorial. Would anyone wanna help me out? Thank you in advance

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    it certainly is but it depends very much on roof how neat it is

you can use the space under roof as long as there is height clearance

but i find it best to make a room and then surround that with roofs because then you get a full room that works with walls up without camera being stupid
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • simswithsarahsimswithsarah Posts: 8 New Member
    It's been awhile since I built anything like that, but if I remember correctly I think a lot of it is placing a small version of the roof and then stretching the sides and the top out so that you can build underneath the stretched out area that doesn't have walls under it. I'm sorry if that makes no sense, I'm bad at explaining things!😳

But Kate Emerald has a functional attic tutorial on youtube and that's how I learned to build under roofs! It's an older tutorial but I highly recommend it!😊
  • ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    What simswithsarah said. place a roof one block wide and then hold shift while extending the side you want to build under. it can be tricky to get it to work right