Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living - can't give chocolate cake

Hey, I'm doing a cottage living errand and even though I have a full fresh chocolate cake in my inventory, the option to give it to the sim is greyed out. When I hover over it it says I don't have one in my inventory.
Note, my sim did not bake it herself, her sister baked the cake.

Has anyone else had this bug?

Comments

• DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    It could be that your sim has to be the one to bake the cake. I haven’t even managed to start anything in cottage living yet. I’m doing my aspiration challenge so just now my sims are vampires but after there finished it I’ll be getting them to do the cottage living one. Hope it’s not a bug and it is coz someone else did the baking. 😊
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited July 2021

Before this double check that a piece isn’t missing because it has to be a whole cake, and on the errand where you give the mystery grifter a whole pie I failed twice because my 🤬 sim snuck a piece without me seeing or realizing until it was too late. 🤣
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited July 2021

Before this double check that a piece isn’t missing because it has to be a whole cake, and on the errand where you give the mystery grifter a whole pie I failed twice because my 🤬 sim snuck a piece without me seeing or realizing until it was too late. 🤣

I didn't know that but he or she said they have a full fresh chocolate cake in their inventory.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

I didn't know that.

Ha ha! I just noticed autocorrect turned gifter into grifter! 🤣😂 Anyway yes, on those errands where you are to deliver a cake or pie etc, the item needs to be whole (8 servings) or it doesn’t count. That may be why people are getting a message they don’t have it in their inventory because the game is looking for a whole item.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Is it cake?
    might the sims want chocolate pie?
    cause that's what the sim in my game wants pie not cake.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SeptJanOctSeptJanOct Posts: 69 Member
    I’m going to hope on this post for a second..
    Has anyone been able to find who has the village package? I think it’s the creature keeper, but I don’t have the option to ask him.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    Has anyone been able to find who has the village package? I think it’s the creature keeper, but I don’t have the option to ask him.

I think it's a random person. In James Turner's LP it was Agnes Crumplebottom, in my game it was the mayor.
  • MarinuttonenMarinuttonen Posts: 165 Member

It's a random outcome. The game rolls a number everytime you ask, and if it lands on the pre-determined value, the sim will become the right person. So just keep asking, eventually someone will accept it.
    Where are the pet bunnies, Sims 4 ?! :'(
    Vivid wrote: »
    Hey, I'm doing a cottage living errand and even though I have a full fresh chocolate cake in my inventory, the option to give it to the sim is greyed out. When I hover over it it says I don't have one in my inventory.

I'm fairly sure you're meant to give pie, not cake.
  • VividVivid Posts: 44 Member
    Ahh thanks for the replies everyone!

In the Dutch version of the game both pie and cake are called the same thing (chocoladetaart). So that's the issue!
    I'll try making a pie now XD
    Ahh thanks for the replies everyone!

In the Dutch version of the game both pie and cake are called the same thing (chocoladetaart). So that's the issue!
    I'll try making a pie now XD

These kind of things is why I always set my game language in english! Makes it easier to troubleshoot when you have issues xD
  • eniroeniro Posts: 1 New Member
    I think you need to make the cake with chocoberries. Did you collect those yourself?
  • LithilienLithilien Posts: 92 Member

ooooh eindelijk probleem opgelost, ik had ook niet door dat er 2 waren....
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    I gave up running Errands for a very similar reason. Can't give what's in the inventory.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • kryptmoonkryptmoon Posts: 29 Member
    I had this happen to me too but then I realized it was not a whole pie/cake they wanted but rather a piece/single serving. After I made the single serving they accepted it.