Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living - Random (silly) questions

2...Next

Comments

• crimsonnclover324crimsonnclover324 Posts: 73 Member
    If you pet a neighbors cow/chicken/llama, do your farm animals get jealous?
    OriginID: crimsonclover324
    YachD4h.png
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Can a Vampire turn a chicken, cow, llama, fox & bunny? :D>:)

I'm going to go ahead and guess no. :D

But I do wonder whether they can feed from them.

Hm, imagining Vlad replacing his cellar prisoners with cows... hm, a big fat NO, I think...

I don't know, I don't do much with vampires usually, but I can imagine some fun storytelling options. Vampire tries to be good, moves to the country to feed on livestock instead of humans. Is discovered feeding on cows by neighbors, drama ensues.

Absolutely! In my game Vlad leads the Traditional vampire clan, they don't fancy kindness that much. But I also have a Modern Vampire Clan, they try to feed from blasma drinks instead of sims, and sleep during night like humans, so for them feeding from a cow or llama would be perfect. Just not my Vlad ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'm curious about this, too. I'm going to have Vampires wandering around in my game, and it would be great if they could get plasma from the cow or llama. If they can't I'll go on and give them a cow or llama and just pretend. :wink: They will be planting Plasma plants so they have a steady supply.

I'll make them fish too, and turn the fish into plasma packs. I love that we can now make our own fishing holes wherever we want! :) I find the sight of a Vampire fishing for his food to be delightfully ridiculous. I especially love it when they pull in the old boot, it must be so frustrating for them. :D

But not Vlad. He is an old-school Vampire and gets his plasma from the proper source, none of these new-fangled fancy drinks for him!
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2021
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    Will there be wild foxes at Foxbury in Britechester?

Do we get wild dragons at UBrite? Not fair otherwise.

Come to think of it though, you could add the Wild Foxes lot challenge to all the Foxbury lots. That way you would have a chance to see them whenever you travel to/live in that neighbourhood/zone.

Lot challenges are unlimited, so it's not like you sacrifice a trait slot by doing it.
  • Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    Only one cow per... what do you call that thing?

I thought at first it can be upgraded to increase the capacity
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    What will be the ingredients for batuu recipes? Surely some ingredients can only be found in a galaxy far far away? And will cows be able to have blue or green milk as found on batuu with the right treats?

Will city living meals require spices from said pack, like curry or chilli?

To answer my own question just in case anyone else is wondering: the batuu recipes don't have any alien ingredients, just very plain earth things like flour and sugar. Guess this means batuu is nothing but an amusement park.

This is what I found so far :
    - ronto wrap : flour, any meat, more portions also require any vegetable
    - batuu bon: flour, chocoberry/chocolate sirup, more portions also required sugar
    - mustafarian lava role : flour, chocoberry, more portions also require sugar
    - Braised Shaak Roast : flour, meat, more portions also require mushrooms
    - Rising Moons Overnight Oats : milk and fruit, more portions just require more ingredients, not an additional kind of ingredient.

I currently don't have a sim with a city living recipe unlocked so I can't check that atm.
  • somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    I currently don't have a sim with a city living recipe unlocked so I can't check that atm.
    Some recipes do require spices. I haven't looked too closely honestly, but I was playing my usual family and something, can't remember what, required wasabi.

I have a few more questions. I'm installing the pack as I write, but a few things would be good to know before I do adjustments to my save:

1. If the Simple Living is used in other worlds than HoB, will residents of that world need to travel to HoB to purchase groceries?

2. How is Simple Living when you play on rotation? Will fresh food be foul when returning to that lot after playing other lots for weeks?

3. The pond tool looks super cool. There is already a EA made pool in the Blossom Park (?) in Willow Creek. Is there any point in replacing the old pool? If I do so, will any old interaction be removed? Many locals (NPCs) go there to fish, can a community lot pond be stored with fish and remember it, too?

4. Do bunnies dig holes on random lots, or do they only dig if their home tree was already placed on the lot?
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,425 Member
    edited July 2021
    I have a few more questions. I'm installing the pack as I write, but a few things would be good to know before I do adjustments to my save:

1. If the Simple Living is used in other worlds than HoB, will residents of that world need to travel to HoB to purchase groceries?

I used it on a lot in oasis springs. You can have groceries delivered to your home if you don't want to go to HoB. Just order them on the phone and wait for the delivery person to appear.

You could also try to add the stall that sells groceries to a community lot and hire a vendor. I haven't tested that yet but I would expect that to work as well.

I have not played enough with it to answer the other questions.

I used it on a lot in oasis springs. You can have groceries delivered to your home if you don't want to go to HoB. Just order them on the phone and wait for the delivery person to appear.

You could also try to add the stall that sells groceries to a community lot and hire a vendor. I haven't tested that yet but I would expect that to work as well.

I have not played enough with it to answer the other questions.

Thanks! I might try adding the stall in Sulani. I prefer it to be a somehow secluded location, don't fancy grocery delivery there. At the moment I'm way too busy adjusting lots and households in HoB though :)
    Did anyone check if keeping a Cow on a Quake zone lot, will give your sim Milkshake? I think that would be a fantastic feature, LOL.
  • PantherWestPantherWest Posts: 1 New Member
    I’d like to know if an evil chicken can kill a vampire.
    If you have selected “evil” as a personality trait for your sim, are the evil chickens like your minions, or will they still attack you?
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Am I the only one who thinks a radio channel of solely Tom Howe bake-off anxiety compositions is a missed opportunity? Perhaps they are prohibitively expensive to license. ;)
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    Was the game Sims Medieval 3 always on Sims' computers or did it come with Cottage Living? I saw my sim playing it on the new typewriter computer and never noticed my sims playing it before.
    How long does it take for chicks to grow up? I turned on animal aging but it seemed to take forever so I sold them. I got tired of all the elderly foxes and bunnies dying of old age. I've now got animal aging off again.
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    Isharell wrote: »
    How long does it take for chicks to grow up? I turned on animal aging but it seemed to take forever so I sold them. I got tired of all the elderly foxes and bunnies dying of old age. I've now got animal aging off again.

I think it takes about 3 or 4 days for a rooster or hen chick to age up. I don't really keep track, but sometimes they seem to take a little longer to age up. Once I had two chicks hatch within an hour of each other. The first one aged up after 3 days, and then I kept waiting and waiting for the second one to age up and for some reason it took nearly a whole extra day. No idea why. So I don't think it is three days in every case, but roughly in the ball park of 3 or 4 days, depending on the chick.

I think it takes about 3 or 4 days for a rooster or hen chick to age up. I don't really keep track, but sometimes they seem to take a little longer to age up. Once I had two chicks hatch within an hour of each other. The first one aged up after 3 days, and then I kept waiting and waiting for the second one to age up and for some reason it took nearly a whole extra day. No idea why. So I don't think it is three days in every case, but roughly in the ball park of 3 or 4 days, depending on the chick.

Do they need "aging on" to age up to rooster/hen? I hope not, because in my case it would take them 4 full years...
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member

Hm, imagining Vlad replacing his cellar prisoners with cows... hm, a big fat NO, I think...

I don't know, I don't do much with vampires usually, but I can imagine some fun storytelling options. Vampire tries to be good, moves to the country to feed on livestock instead of humans. Is discovered feeding on cows by neighbors, drama ensues.

Honestly, though, why can't vampires drink from livestock?
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited August 2021

I still think they should have added this option. However, my theory is that they decided that if the vampires drank from the livestock, they would have to have effects on the animals (similar to what you get with sims), and they were already overwhelmed with the coding for the animals. Which is a shame, because I think it would have been better to have vampires able to feed on the livestock even if we didn't see any special effects on the animals. But I suppose if they had done it that way, some people would have completed that the interaction was incomplete or lacking.

Thanks @simfriend1968 It's good to have an idea how long it should take. :) I'm not sure how long I waited, but I think it was longer than three days. These were bought chicks which I finally sold. I've got a rooster now so I'll make a note of when one of the eggs hatches. If it takes too long I'll know I have a bug. I don't play with mods or CC.
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member

I still think they should have added this option. However, my theory is that they decided that if the vampires drank from the livestock, they would have to have effects on the animals (similar to what you get with sims), and they were already overwhelmed with the coding for the animals. Which is a shame, because I think it would have been better to have vampires able to feed on the livestock even if we didn't see any special effects on the animals. But I suppose if they had done it that way, some people would have completed that the interaction was incomplete or lacking.

I wouldn't know, but they could probably just get away with stopping aging on the animals and giving them special meals, if the bite turned them. To force a drink, however, human Sim victims only got uncomfortable. Animals could say their mood was less than content from that...
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

I wouldn't know, but they could probably just get away with stopping aging on the animals and giving them special meals, if the bite turned them. To force a drink, however, human Sim victims only got uncomfortable. Animals could say their mood was less than content from that...

I wouldn't think the bite would turn them. Vampire animals would be a whole different tangent... one which would have a fairly small niche audience, if any, and I can't imagine they would want to spend the time programming that, if such a thing were even possible. I think simply having the ability to feed on livestock, and then as you say, the animal becomes a little less content, or maybe hungry, would be quite sufficient.