Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 3 Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    @IreneSwift you could try turning on the testingcheatsenabled true cheat and shift-clicking on the moodlet associated with the mourning for all those mourning over her (can't remember what the game calls it). Or the Nraas MasterController mod can remove the moodlet, too, I think. It might be the Cheats module that does it.
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    @carlystur03 They never got the moodlet, maybe because I stopped their mourning by resetting them with Debug Enabler. From now on, they're all going to carry death flowers. Their mother has a green thumb, so they already have enough for all the children, including the toddler.
  • Options
    carlystur03carlystur03 Posts: 435 Member
    @IreneSwift Then it might be a hidden moodlet or something? I think MasterController has a way to see what hidden "traits" your sim has and the ability to remove them, too. There might be something to do with that sim's death there.
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    seems silly considering how long i've played the sims 3 (..since the day it came out on/off -_-), maybe i just wasn't paying attention before
    but tonight i noticed a crowd in the nightclub like 4 of them all having a group chat, like all four had ++ or --
    like i genuinely never noticed before that a group standing together can group chat with eachother
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D
  • Options
    igazor wrote: »
    MR2021 wrote: »
    I'm starting to think that NRaas mods make a player feel like a god himself! hahahaha I mean, cheats are pretty useful, but these mods take the player to another level!
    I'm really gonna have to try these out one of these days. I keep hearing good things about them.

you should, and if you ever have any problems i find clicking your heel three times and chanting "igazor" into the mirror a little NRAAS helper will pop up to answer all your mundane questions, god bless that divine entity, whoever he is.

all jokes aside, i bet the majority of players including myself who are still inlove with the sims 3 are so because of the NRAAS mods :) i literally can't even remember what vanilla sims 3 is like without nraas.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited July 2021
    McTosh wrote: »
    i find clicking your heel three times and chanting "igazor" into the mirror a little NRAAS helper will pop up to answer all your mundane questions, god bless that divine entity, whoever he is.
    I do this every morning.

Problem is one morning I forgot that my building maintenance staff was standing right there at the time, waiting for me to finish up in the bathroom so they could repair something. Instead, they arranged for these nice folks in white jackets to come and collect me. That was a mess to sort out and almost made me late for work that day. :/
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    @IreneSwift Then it might be a hidden moodlet or something? I think MasterController has a way to see what hidden "traits" your sim has and the ability to remove them, too. There might be something to do with that sim's death there.

I've seen the moodlet before, but there could be something hidden that brings on the mourning action. I realized later, the two family members who mourned for her were the only ones who were still on the lot while she was in the process of drowning. I reset their lot later, with Master Controller, which hopefully took care of any possible lingering issues that might otherwise corrupt their game.
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    seems silly considering how long i've played the sims 3 (..since the day it came out on/off -_-), maybe i just wasn't paying attention before
    but tonight i noticed a crowd in the nightclub like 4 of them all having a group chat, like all four had ++ or --
    like i genuinely never noticed before that a group standing together can group chat with eachother

If I remember correctly, up to 8 Sims can join in a group chat. Sims will either autonomously do so or the player can just start talking to a Sim and then clicking on other Sims to join in the conversation.

https://youtu.be/n2R3Tjmlt2I
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    MR2021MR2021 Posts: 93 Member
    edited July 2021
    I just wanted to share some "statistics" about collectibles (or collectables? I never know...) and some skills:

Plantable objects: 80 (including cheese, egg, steak, burger, etc.)
    Gems: 28
    Metals: 16
    Butterflies: 16
    Beetles: 18
    Fireflies: 8
    Will-O'-The-Wisps: 3
    Fishes: 50 (including those who do not require a bait, like those from Island Paradise)
    Shells: 8
    Flowers: 8
    Nanites: 20
    Sprites (from Holo Disc): 13 (10 that can be shared + 1 from astronomer career + 1 from bot arena career + 1 as a bonus from completing an Advanced Technology challenge)
    Space paintings: 16
    Recipes: 64 (59 + 5 gourmet pet food)
    Inventions: 18 (9 widgets + 4 crafted toys + 4 big inventions + SimBot acquired via an opportunity)
    Drinks: 62 (54 + 8 only available for some life states)
    Alchemy potions: 44
    Unique upgrades (from handiness skill): 45
    "If any one faculty of our nature may be called more wonderful than the rest, I do think it is memory … The memory is sometimes so retentive, so serviceable, so obedient; at others, so bewildered and so weak; and at others again, so tyrannic, so beyond control!" Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
  • Options
    @MR2021 OK, now you've made me want to have a family move to OL long term so one can do the astronomer career and the other the bot builder career, so they can get all of the sprites. I wasn't planning on sending my current household to the future at all, but maybe I'll send them.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    IreneSwift wrote: »
    @MR2021 OK, now you've made me want to have a family move to OL long term so one can do the astronomer career and the other the bot builder career, so they can get all of the sprites. I wasn't planning on sending my current household to the future at all, but maybe I'll send them.

Haha you should definitely do it, I'm having so much fun! But Sims are required only to reach level 5 of each career in order to unlock a new sprite; no need to reach the top. Look at all the sprites; aren't they cute?

9zw0AAi.jpg

I'll also post screenshots of the space paintings soon, which are very nice as decor objects too.
    Post edited by MR2021 on
    "If any one faculty of our nature may be called more wonderful than the rest, I do think it is memory … The memory is sometimes so retentive, so serviceable, so obedient; at others, so bewildered and so weak; and at others again, so tyrannic, so beyond control!" Jane Austen, Mansfield Park
  • Options
    @carlystur03 They never got the moodlet, maybe because I stopped their mourning by resetting them with Debug Enabler. From now on, they're all going to carry death flowers. Their mother has a green thumb, so they already have enough for all the children, including the toddler.

Whenever a baby is born in my household, they immediately get at least one Death Flower (which is better than a life insurance lol) instead of an imaginary friend (I never tested this feature, but, after a little research, I've heard so many ghastly stories about them that I simply abandon them in a distant lot so they will fall into oblivion).

However, if you don't want to plant many Death Flowers (since there is no surplus harvest for them), make one of your Sims have at least level 9 in Science skill, analyze a Death Flower and them clone it as many times as you want.

Even though the most dangerous places for your Sims are the tombs in Egypt, France and China and the dive spots in Isla Paradiso (due to shark attacks), the game overall has many types of death (including some silly ones), so I advise you to play safe ;)
  • Options
    And here's another fact for "things you didn't know" (though this one is more like a trivia): did you know that nanites count as insects? When a Sim with enough Science skill level analyzes it, the sample in his/her inventory is shown as "insect sample".
  • Options
    Here are the screenshots of the space paintings (some of them are not very good, and for that I apologize):

7gGVG2x.jpg

N9Ignmr.jpg

HgzxKcD.jpg

U6Rksxg.jpg

4oot58H.jpg

Today one of my Sims reached the top of the Astronomer career, in the Space Explorer (or something like that) branch, and was assigned to collect dark matter and build a Tesseract! I haven't done the mission yet, but I'm intrigued. :D
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    I learned that when a horse de-saddles with the laundry system on lot, the saddle turns into human clothes on the floor/ground, LOL, SMH.

Screenshot-208.jpg
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    rubyskywalkerrubyskywalker Posts: 1,174 Member
    I learned that when a horse de-saddles with the laundry system on lot, the saddle turns into human clothes on the floor/ground, LOL, SMH.

Screenshot-208.jpg

Are you sure that's not from the sim changing out of their riding clothes?
    Origin ID and TS3 Username: DollyGizzy
    Hoping to complete the Brunch at the Old Mill set for CYS. 16 items left.
    My Sims 3 Store Wishlist: https://store.thesims3.com/myWishlist.html?persona=DollyGizzy
    My TS3 Blog: https://rubysasimslife.blogspot.com
  • Options
    Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    Have anyone set a fire in the house when there is a toddler or a baby inside? I never tried it in Sims3, but I did in Sims 2. I tried making my sims put out the fire, but she promptly refused, instead she ran inside, picked the toddler out of the crib and carried him outside. Once the toddler was outside I could now have here working on extinguishing and now bigger fire. That is the coolest thing I've ever seeing in a sim game. Though kids getting embarrassed when their parents making out is also kind of cool.
  • Options

I was going to say I've never seen that, but my sims always saddle and unsaddle their horses outdoors, and the laundry piles only appear when they change indoors.

• Options
    Deshong04 wrote: »

If I remember correctly, up to 8 Sims can join in a group chat. Sims will either autonomously do so or the player can just start talking to a Sim and then clicking on other Sims to join in the conversation.

https://youtu.be/n2R3Tjmlt2I

that's amazing, idk how i've never noticed it before
  • Options
    I would like to share 2 tips about gardening:

1. If you want to have a big and varied garden, but don't have time or patience to collect the unknown seeds in the world, just place the SwiftGro Gardening Station (available in The Sims 3 Store) on your lot. It will spawn a lot of seeds (seriously, A LOT), from common to the rare ones and even some of the mushrooms. It may not give you ALL the plants of the game, but it will save you much time;

2. For better results with your plants, make sure your Sim has the following characteristics:
    - Green Thumb trait;
    - Gatherer trait;
    - Super Green Thumb lifetime reward;
    - is a Fairy.

This will improve the speed with which your Sim learns the gardening skill and also the quality of the plants and harvests.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Something completely unexpected has just happened to me: I was moving some objects in my lot via Buy Mode when this message popped up:

"The [household family] are serious home chefs and have completed the New Kitchen Appliance Series by owning a Deep Fryer and Ice-Cream Maker. They have all received 500 Lifetime Happiness Points."

Apparently, if your household has these two items, every single member of the family gets 500 lifetime happiness points. I know it's not much, but I wanted to share this discovery with you. I can only wonder now if you get the same benefit from completing other series.

P.S.: I'm starting to think that no one will ever discover all the resources and possibilities of this game... Well, probably only Chuck Norris has hahahaha
    Post edited by MR2021 on
  • Options
    Emmily3112Emmily3112 Posts: 3 New Member
    Probably a thing that everyone else knows already but anyway.
    Only today, after playing Sims 3 for years I considered that the three buttons in CAS traits & voice section are to choose between three different voices. For some reason I just thought that they're for testing the voice with different phrases. Only after playing Sims 4 I even though of this. :D
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Emmily3112 wrote: »
    Probably a thing that everyone else knows already but anyway.
    Only today, after playing Sims 3 for years I considered that the three buttons in CAS traits & voice section are to choose between three different voices. For some reason I just thought that they're for testing the voice with different phrases. Only after playing Sims 4 I even though of this. :D

Don't worry; I guess we only realize how many features The Sims 3 has after playing The Sims 4 and realizing how limited it is.

Anyway, I noticed that some things were missing from my previous post about the statistics of the game, namely Spirits, Space Rocks and Gnomes. I never make the last two collections; that's why I forgot about them. But, as a perfectionist, I feel I ought to correct my mistake.

- Space rocks: 33 types (all of them are available in two sizes: large and small; 17 are also available in gigantic size)
    - Gnomes: 25
    - Spirits: 21 (7 types, each one with 3 possible ages: young, old and ancient)

Another thing about the recipes: 64 is the amount of recipes your Sim can learn by reading recipe books and leveling up in the Cooking skill; however, the number of different dishes they can eat is higher than that, as there are specific meals for the deep fryer, woodfire oven, baker's station, etc.
  • Options
    I had to place a second school in the world I'm playing in, because there are so many students in SV now, that two of my children could not get into the school the previous day, and I found them standing outside, "skipping school." Once I had a second school in place and my sims' offspring made it through their first day at the new school, I discovered that if there is "old homework" from the last day at one school in their personal inventory, they do not get new homework at the new school, but they can still do homework on the multi-tab. So thankfully, my sims' children were all able to complete their homework. I used NRaas Master Controller to remove the old homework, so they can get new homework at school next time.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    This is just a trivia, but anyway:

If your Sim has low hygiene, the option that will appear when you click on a shower will be "shower", but when the hygiene is high, the option will appear as "take shower".

I had to place a second school in the world I'm playing in, because there are so many students in SV now, that two of my children could not get into the school the previous day, and I found them standing outside, "skipping school." Once I had a second school in place and my sims' offspring made it through their first day at the new school, I discovered that if there is "old homework" from the last day at one school in their personal inventory, they do not get new homework at the new school, but they can still do homework on the multi-tab. So thankfully, my sims' children were all able to complete their homework. I used NRaas Master Controller to remove the old homework, so they can get new homework at school next time.

I'm glad you managed to solve the problem. I didn't know there was a limit to the number of Sims who can be in a rabbit hole at the same time, and bearing in mind that The Sims 3 has many glitches and bugs, I would fear to resort to place a second school in the town. Alternatively, you could have sent your children to boarding schools. But I heard Sunset Valley is a very stable town, and I had to place some buildings from Oasis Landing there due to the infamous "error 12" that ever happened whenever my Sims returned to the present. By the way, did you complete the sprites collection?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top