Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

vacuum not picking up cat vomit or dog poo

So the vacuum from cats & dogs is not picking up the cat vomit. It goes past it, to the outside deck, jumps up on the platform, but never picks up the vomit. Nor has it ever picked up the poo. Is this by design?
wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱

Comments

• somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    If I remember correctly, you need to upgrade it. I'm not sure if it will ever pick up dog poo honestly... But there should be an upgrade to clean puddles and other liquids.
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    does yours pick up dog hair, i haven't been able to get mine to do that for years? i was sure it did in the beginning.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    I have dogs in RL, I never ever vacuum up dog poop or vomit. Ich. What a mess that would make in your machine … :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    I have dogs in RL, I never ever vacuum up dog poop or vomit. Ich. What a mess that would make in your machine … :open_mouth:

Yeah but in-game vaccums are pointless otherwise (unless you have Bust the Dust). And they came with C&D pack, so... they should clean something 😅
  • FraTacFraTac Posts: 854 Member
    I agree, it would make a mess both on the ground and in the machine...and you would have to instantly change your vacuum filter bag because of the smell. :s
    xWGF2yb.png
    Simmin' since 2000
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited July 2021
    But the purpose of the vacuums in game is to pick up that stuff.

Vacuum.png
    I purchased the advanced one and it is already equipped to pick up liquid. What else do they need to upgrade to get the cat vomit?
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Exactly, and good luck cleaning it!!

• troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    however this game is not real life. The vacuums were created especially for pet mess.
    troshalom wrote: »
    But the purpose of the vacuums in game is to pick up that stuff.

Vacuum.png
    I purchased the advanced one and it is already equipped to pick up liquid. What else do they need to upgrade to get the cat vomit?

It doesn't pick it up with this upgrade? Hm. Maybe a bug then.