Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Shops/business

What options are there now for having a business in the Sims 4? I really liked the Sims 2 style, where you can start as a home business and move to other places when your business took of. (ofcourse the costumer would be more likely to buy a car than a tomato if the car had a lower mark up, wich was exploitable, and not ideal). But I really like the style of the shop. You say you stat a business, you sell stuff that you either make or wholesale, you have to restock and manage the register along with trying to sell stuff. The more happier the costumer, the more costumer you got. I know they have yard sale now, but it's not same thing. I'd like to start my business withouth leaving my lot, especially because of the zoning issues, wich is hugely annoying and make you only be able to control sims at 1 plot at a time. That means I can also have a baby/toddler and tend the business at the same time (I do NOT trust the baby sitters).

So is yard sale the only way to sell stuff from your home? And what other options do I have? Can I have a store with wholesale products and sell items from the game?

If I want to sell items I made myself, can I make other thigs than different kinds of food( raw, cooked, juced etc) , and the furniture from them crafting table can I make? Is it f.eks possible to make clothes with the new wool form llamas? Some way to make maybee toys, or electronics, fixing up cars? I loved all the items you could make in both sims 2 and sims 3, but I haven't found a way I like to sell them yet.

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    With the Dine Out GP, you can own and manage a restaurant. The same for a retail business with the Get to Work EP and a veterinarian's office with Cats and Dogs. With Nifty Knitting, you sell handmade things on Plopsy.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    The garden sales table is good. You can sell produce, baked goods, candles, etc, from it. You can use it to sell either from your lot or from a community lot, so it saves money if you don't want to start a business straight away.
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited July 2021
    Without mods you can't have a ''real'' retail business in your house lot, but you can make a retail lot that also have a living part and bring your family there to kinda simulate it.
  • Options
    Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    That sounds like a good option. How does it works with kids/teenager and curfew, and I assume I have to stop by the home lot once in a while to pick up bills?
  • Options
    YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited July 2021
    Well, there is not much curfew in S4 unless you have Parenthood (set through the family bulletin board), but it has very little impact, besides if your adult sim will also be on the lot it should be alright.

I didn't try this option of living on a retail lot myself, so I can't really give any feedback, I hope someone who had will drop a comment here :)
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    For the retail lots in GTW you can have a separate apt in it, lock doors so employees and visitors do not enter. Not same as TS2, but similar.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    edited July 2021
    LittleMissSam has a mod that allows "Live-in" businesses. It's quite genius actually. I love it. Don't use it all the time, but really excellent.

Py2a9px.png
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    troshalom wrote: »
    For the retail lots in GTW you can have a separate apt in it, lock doors so employees and visitors do not enter. Not same as TS2, but similar.

Your Sims can't live in it though.
    (Yes, lock doors so only they can go to certain parts, of course) ;)
    Before I got the "Live-in" mod, I did that so while playing, could technically run it indefinitely.
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,123 Member
    One of my Sims has a toilet store, and another sells used headstones
  • Options
    One of my Sims has a toilet store, and another sells used headstones

:D:D:D
    You're insane. Nice! :p
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    Dida_QuickswitchDida_Quickswitch Posts: 290 Member
    Can you provide a link to the live in mod?