Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Update: mystery solved! Wild fox being super creepy - what is this weird noise? Edit: added video

2...Next

Comments

• AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Update: so I figured out why this happened and apparently a custom trait I had downloaded got applied to every single fox. Kinda weird, but it was an easy fix. :D
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Aine wrote: »
    Update: so I figured out why this happened and apparently a custom trait I had downloaded got applied to every single fox. Kinda weird, but it was an easy fix. :D

There's so much weirdness in this thread and for some reason this just makes it even weirder. Glad you solved the mystery though.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member

Someone on Reddit has a similar problem I think. How did you fix it. They said they can't shift + click then cheat sim info to remove trait on the fox.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    edited July 2021
    BabySquare wrote: »

There's so much weirdness in this thread and for some reason this just makes it even weirder. Glad you solved the mystery though.
    Yes, definitely. :D It was a custom 'paranormal' cas trait that assigned itself to ALL the foxes in my game - and I still don't know why that particular trait...kinda spooky.
    kaiwrysims wrote: »

Someone on Reddit has a similar problem I think. How did you fix it. They said they can't shift + click then cheat sim info to remove trait on the fox.
    I'm not sure foxes are supposed to have any traits, at least not regular pet traits, but they still CAN get them if you have custom traits in your mods folder that aren't banned for pets. I had a custom CAS trait that assigned itself to foxes - my fix was that I first changed those custom cas traits to be either banned for pets or as for the traits that I had, that they were changed to reward traits instead - as pets can't have reward traits I don't think. Then you can either use cas.fulleditmode to edit the foxes through the neighborhood manager OR as I did just shift-click and use remove trait through the cheat sim info menu.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Glad you sorted it out 😎.

It’s so frustrating when you have mods and the game updates and/or patches keep disrupting them.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • LittleSister_7533LittleSister_7533 Posts: 2 New Member
    I am getting the same glitch in a brand new save file. I thought it was related to the fox alarm system that can be put in the chicken coop. But I have had my sim visited by a vampire and now I utterly don’t know what’s going on. Resetting the fox doesn’t help either. The sound and visual just comes back.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    I am getting the same glitch in a brand new save file. I thought it was related to the fox alarm system that can be put in the chicken coop. But I have had my sim visited by a vampire and now I utterly don’t know what’s going on. Resetting the fox doesn’t help either. The sound and visual just comes back.

Do you have any mods? Disable them and see if that helps.
    Does it happen in your old save game?
    What’s different between the two save games, anything new added etc?

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    @LittleSister_7533 In my case it was custom traits that I had in my mods folder that got assigned to the foxes in my game. Do you have any custom traits mods installed?

Allons-y!

• LittleSister_7533LittleSister_7533 Posts: 2 New Member
    Omg yes I just figured it out and came back here to share. Also thank you for the help!
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Okay so this is what it looks and sounds like. Does this happen in anyone else's game?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IksNuQa8-yA

That’s so weird.
    Perhaps the others are right that it’s some bug with another pack.
    Although the foxes 🦊 in CoL are independent? Are they defined as an animal the same as cats and dogs or an object attached to the lot challenge? 🤔🤷🏼‍♂️.
    So if the fox is there to attempt to steal eggs, only actions related to the chicken 🐓 coup should register? Anything else should be ignored.

Hope you get it sorted.

Well they can also fight with rabbits on the lot too.