Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of problems we encountered so far since the July 20 patch

Comments

• PriestessDreadfulPriestessDreadful Posts: 284 Member
    I tried to see if there was some batch fix for it in Sims 4 Studio, but there didn't seem to be.
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    What I have noticed is:
    1. Vampires don’t work properly
    2. My game Crashed while saving it that bad that I had to sign out of my computer to get it to shut down
  • qpmommaqpmomma Posts: 135 Member
    When I add egg hunting to a holiday my sims are not dining the collectable eggs. They are finding chicken eggs. It also doesn't complete the holiday goal.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Latest patch broke the animations for the Invention Constructor in the scientist career and The Surgery Table in the Doctor Career. They are usable but the animation bugs out and causes sims to T-Pose. This includes giving birth at hospital.
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    edited July 2021
    Ok Barristers and Bartenders are broken. The barristers stands around and chats, but no one autonomously orders from the barrister. If you order they will work, but after they complete your order no one automatously orders. Sims will however get water, wash dishes, empty the trash, and clean autonomously.
    CAfe-Broken1.png
    CAfe-Broken2.png
    Folks are watching movies - but only because I said watch it. Before that they sat down in front of the screens and they were turned off, so maybe movies are broken too - or it is just some autonomous actions.
    I checked in two different saves, same behavior.

My sim is meeting in a karaoke bar. He went to sing autonomously, and folks booed him, as they should he was horrible. However no one is ordering drinks and food. The bartender is behind the bar chatting and cleaning, but not making drinks or food.
    Bartender-broekn.png

This breaks my heart. 💔 In all my saves cafes, clubs, bars, karaoke bars were always lively. I hope this gets fixed really quickly and doesn't break any mods in the process.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
    edited July 2021
    In another save at the arcade I created. And sparks are flying off this bartender so I think that they are truly malfunctioning.
    Bartender-broken-sparks-flying-from-bartender.png

Video of sparky bartender
    https://youtu.be/miJCzg1sqjI

Here is the bug report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-never-order-things-at-bar-food-stalls-cafes/m-p/10527384/highlight/false#M190430
    Post edited by troshalom on
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2021
    logion wrote: »
    Latest patch broke the animations for the Invention Constructor in the scientist career and The Surgery Table in the Doctor Career. They are usable but the animation bugs out and causes sims to T-Pose. This includes giving birth at hospital.

Answer HQ Report: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/GTW-Doctor-Career-Surgery-Animation-broken-T-Posing/td-p/10538288
  • Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    The pets I download from the gallery are turning black again 🙁 Is the patch responsible for this?
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    My sim in the law career was unable to take a day off work (the option on the phone was not there).
  • CASim1000CASim1000 Posts: 21 Member
    The biggest bug is the one that deletes the names and surnames of ghost Sims. Surely no one noticed, that's why no one complains. Look at your family tree and you will find out.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    When I try to place ducks or swans in my pond, the only thing you can see is their little disembodied feet swimming around.
  • Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    xxmikadoxx wrote: »
    I can’t find the Island Living ladders. Checked everywhere 😕

They are in the stairs menu, in a little side tab
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    When I try to place ducks or swans in my pond, the only thing you can see is their little disembodied feet swimming around.

Is that happening mod-free? IIRC there's a mod that hasn't been updated for Cottage Living content yet that might be causing this. I can't recall which one.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • LaraNocturnalLaraNocturnal Posts: 74 Member
    edited July 2021
    Post edited by LaraNocturnal on
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Sims will sometimes have their heads turned one way whilst doing an interaction. One was washing dishes and had his head facing the counter the whole time, whilst another took a nap on a loveseat and was looking straight up at the ceiling (they lay on their sides).
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    edited July 2021
    For me now it's impossible to play a multi sim household. I don't have cottage living but since the update my game is messed up. Sims action queue clears as soon as I switch to another sim so I can't take care of everyone's needs. They either just stand still for ages, walk in circles with an umbrella or repeatedly try to queue the same action obsessively e.g. working out on treadmill. This is the worst affected my game has been because of a patch.
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited July 2021
    This game is going down the toilet fast.
    Such a shame... Things I've been encountering a lot are teleporting Sims, T pose Sims, queues that won't clear, FPS drops.. The game is a -MESS-.
    @Inna Minnit I was able to put ducks and swans down with no issues.

However card tables are broken too. Sent my sim to the bar with three other sims, there are a total of 8 sims in the bar + bartender and 5 sims outside the bar staring at the celebrity kicking the trash can, and the game said she needs other sims to play with.
    cards-broken.png

bar-full-winden.png
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member

This will happen if you don't have enough space to place the ducks on the pond. They take up a large grid of squares and you need to make sure there isn't any logs or lily pad within that grid or it will bump up the ducks above the water.... also the grid can't be placed too close to the edges of the pond or, again, the ducks will bump up above the water level and look like they're floating over the water.

It's not a bug or glitch, you just need to make sure there is enough empty space within the grid placement of the ducks, just like placing anything else in the game. If you have MOO on then it will allow you to place the ducks anywhere, but they'll still float above the water if anything got in the way of placing them flat on the water.

Once you've placed ducks/swans then you can place down lily pads, logs, etc anywhere within the grid of the ducks (if you have MOO on).

Long story short: make your ponds, place ducks/swans first before anything else to ensure that they're sitting flat on the water, then place the rest of your decor items.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member

This will happen if you don't have enough space to place the ducks on the pond. They take up a large grid of squares and you need to make sure there isn't any logs or lily pad within that grid or it will bump up the ducks above the water.... also the grid can't be placed too close to the edges of the pond or, again, the ducks will bump up above the water level and look like they're floating over the water.

It's not a bug or glitch, you just need to make sure there is enough empty space within the grid placement of the ducks, just like placing anything else in the game. If you have MOO on then it will allow you to place the ducks anywhere, but they'll still float above the water if anything got in the way of placing them flat on the water.

Once you've placed ducks/swans then you can place down lily pads, logs, etc anywhere within the grid of the ducks (if you have MOO on).

Long story short: make your ponds, place ducks/swans first before anything else to ensure that they're sitting flat on the water, then place the rest of your decor items.

Edit to add: One trick I've been meaning to try but haven't gotten around to it yet is to try sizing down the duck/swan grid to try and fit them into smaller ponds. I'm not sure if that trick will work or not and whether or not it will also size down the ducks? Don't want a bunch of micro-sized ducks swimming around, LOL. But I want to give it a try and see if that will help to better fit them onto smaller ponds without shrinking the ducks. :)
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    edited July 2021
    I reported the fame walk bug. If you have the same issue, please click Me Too 🙂

Link:
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Male-celebrities-now-have-the-female-fame-walkstyle/m-p/10547013#M192677

This makes me cringe too 🤮
    IMG-20210727-114537.jpg

When I turn off the fame walk, they revert to fame walk when I switch to other households so it's no use
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited July 2021
    They need a patch for this patch. It's like every couple of years they put one out that breaks everything.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
    edited July 2021
    Discovered another problem. Had my sim bake fish pie. Could not find the pie after I saw her put it in the oven. Somehow she stopped cooking and went to play with the cat. I had her make another fish pie, she had to empty the oven before she could bake it. I could not see how to get the pie out of the oven.
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    They need a patch for this patch. It's like every couple of years they put one out that breaks everything.

@KyreRoen silly me, I was hoping this patch would fix everything

hotfix.png
    Has anyone seen this hotfix?
    Post edited by troshalom on
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited July 2021
    Those Windenburg bushes are broken for me. Tried to have a sim nap there and she'd just always cancel the action and do the "can't reach it" gesture. Tested it on two different locations (with mods disabled). Funnily enough, she was able to "fertilize" one.
    Sims were also unable to woohoo in a bush.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    Yautjagirl wrote: »
    Pet adoption doesn't work, yesterday I have tried it in vanilla updated game after someone posted about it here and I can confrim that adoption doesn't work. Only a box with no interactions will appear with no shelter worker or an animal in sight.

Update, adoption works for me normally right now :)