Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why did my policeman lock up his superiors and let the criminals go?

The funniest thing I've seen in my game for a long time happened tonight. I started playing a new sim who is working his way up as a police officer. He had to book a suspect (mugshot, search, fingerprint, etc.) but when it came time to lock her up he locked up his superiors. I didn't actually see it happen. They kind of walked into the cell on their own I think. Must be some glitch in the game or one of my mods. Then I couldn't get them released. They started yelling to be let out and had heart attacks and died. Then the Grim Reaper came and took them. Oh, and the suspect just walked out of the station. Weird weird weird. Then the game said that my sim did a fantastic job at work and got a promotion. With those two openings I suppose they needed to promote him.

Comments

• SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,907 Member
    The funniest thing I've seen in my game for a long time happened tonight. I started playing a new sim who is working his way up as a police officer. He had to book a suspect (mugshot, search, fingerprint, etc.) but when it came time to lock her up he locked up his superiors. I didn't actually see it happen. They kind of walked into the cell on their own I think. Must be some glitch in the game or one of my mods. Then I couldn't get them released. They started yelling to be let out and had heart attacks and died. Then the Grim Reaper came and took them. Oh, and the suspect just walked out of the station. Weird weird weird. Then the game said that my sim did a fantastic job at work and got a promotion. With those two openings I suppose they needed to promote him.

I'm sure someone would like to look into what happened there! Shame you've got mods. It might have given the Gurus a laugh.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Sorry but your story is genuinely funny! :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    I actually love this :D
    'Right, so what happened to the suspect?'
    'Well, uhh...I don't know.'
    'And what happened to Dave and Jim?'
    'Well, I kinda locked them up and they uhh...died I guess?'
    '...'
    '...'
    '...Fantastic job mate, I didn't like Dave and Jim anyway. How do you fancy a promotion?'

Sometimes game glitches are brilliant : P
    they/them or she/her
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Were you playing as Jim Pickens? :D
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,473 Member
    I wish I had had the smarts to hit the record and save it. Haven't been able to reproduce. The policeman is a vampire so he takes a little "nip" off every suspect he interrogates and somehow he doesn't get fired although everyone in the lockup cell hates him.
  • FlamingoKicker1FlamingoKicker1 Posts: 4,473 Member
    How come there is no legal system in this game either? I mean the police arrest you, investigate and then try and sentence you themselves. How convenient. Of course you can always call the people that get found guilty of whatever and assumably are sent off to jail somewhere...but you can call them and they will come over and visit your sim. They must get "day passes" to get out of jail for the day.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    At least in TS3 the Sim who was arrested was temporarily unavailable. TS4 has too many loose ends that break immersion.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ACruelButLovingGodACruelButLovingGod Posts: 708 Member
    I wish I had had the smarts to hit the record and save it. Haven't been able to reproduce. The policeman is a vampire so he takes a little "❤️❤️❤️❤️" off every suspect he interrogates and somehow he doesn't get fired although everyone in the lockup cell hates him.

Well, that gives whole new meaning to the saying "Take a bite out of crime"!
    (he/him)
    And remember this above all. Our Roman gods are watching. Make sure they are not ashamed!
    My NBA site, Pace and Space
  • EnchantingdustEnchantingdust Posts: 156 Member
    What happened to your sim is just so funny :D
    I think your policeman is corrupted!!
  • plantghostplantghost Posts: 25 Member
    As he should 🤣🤣🤣
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    This is hilarious! :D
  • NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Wouldn't it be funny if it was art imitating life, and the arrest was a miscarriage of justice, whereas his superiors were in actuality the real crooks?
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,294 Member
    That is hilarious! Would love to have seen that in my game.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/