Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hatchable eggs - what to do with them?

KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
What can I do with hatchable eggs if I don't need more chickens?
My Sim has 6 chickens already and she doesn't have enough time to give attention to them all plus llama. She also just got a puppy, she has rabbits and birds too and she has her garden to take care of. She doesn't have enough hours to take care of everything. I never even planned to have more than maybe three hens and one rooster.
I can't sell the hatchable eggs and I can't throw them away, I had an option to "put away" (not sure about the wording, my game is in Finnish) but when I clicked it my Sim just waved her arms like she didn't know what to do and then she decided to put the egg on the living room table.
Does anybody know how to get rid of them or whatever else we can do with them? I just don't want them to clog up the inventory.

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    You could gift them or leave them out to be snatched by a hungry fox. Or you could let them hatch and sell the chickens afterwards.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    You could probably sell them through the multiselect or whatever it's called option. Usually you can sell anything using it.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I didn’t know there were birds.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    musteni wrote: »
    You could probably sell them through the multiselect or whatever it's called option. Usually you can sell anything using it.
    Do you mean by clicking the whole bunch of hatchable eggs in my Sims inventory and not just one egg? I tried it too but there was no option to sell them.
    I will try it again when I play the next time.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    You could gift them or leave them out to be snatched by a hungry fox. Or you could let them hatch and sell the chickens afterwards.
    I will probably try to scatter them on the ground in the woods area if I can't think of anything else.
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    You can befriend the birds and it unlocks the bird home (tree stump with birds) that you can place on your farm. You can then get the birds to help you with your garden. They eat the bugs from your crops.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    You can befriend the birds and it unlocks the bird home (tree stump with birds) that you can place on your farm. You can then get the birds to help you with your garden. They eat the bugs from your crops.

Interesting. Where do you find the birds to unlock the stump?
  • Options

Interesting. Where do you find the birds to unlock the stump?
    I found them in Bramblewood near the ruins. There was a tree stump with birds. My Sim interacted with them for a while and then I got the notification that I have unlocked the bird home and I can buy it on my farm.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I will probably try to scatter them on the ground in the woods area if I can't think of anything else.

Is it not possible to sell them with the sales table tough? I noticed that there is this tradition called Finchwick somethign where you gift some item to another resident. I prefer to gift unwanted inventory items as it increases the relationship with the other sims. If you leave eggs in the woods maybe they will return to your coop if they hatch?
  • Options

Is it not possible to sell them with the sales table tough? I noticed that there is this tradition called Finchwick somethign where you gift some item to another resident. I prefer to gift unwanted inventory items as it increases the relationship with the other sims. If you leave eggs in the woods maybe they will return to your coop if they hatch?
    I haven't tried to sell them with the sales table. I expected it's not possible because I couldn't sell them in any other way either. I don't really want to use the sales table because it's very slow and the time is something my Sim doesn't have right now. I'll try to give them as gifts, though, that's a great idea. :)
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Wait I could sell hatch-able eggs through my inventory. I’ve done it a lot actually. Can you not at all? So weird.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    I think you can also sell hatch-able eggs at the Grocery Stall. I've been selling all the Normal ones that way and keeping only the Excellent ones (although I don't really know what if any difference it makes to hatch a chicken out of an excellent egg).
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited July 2021
    I don't know if it's a glitch, but I noticed that my hatchable eggs don't go off, so I just keep them in my personal inventory until there's an opening in my hen house.

I also only keep one rooster until he's an elder so I don't get a ton of hatchable eggs. (I sell the younger roosters once they age up. I have no guilt, this is the normal way of things on a real farm - if they don't become dinner.)
  • Options
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Wait I could sell hatch-able eggs through my inventory. I’ve done it a lot actually. Can you not at all? So weird.
    Really? I can't do it. :o
    I hope it's just some temporary glitch then. I guess I'll see it when I play the next time.
  • Options
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    I don't know if it's a glitch, but I noticed that my hatchable eggs don't go off, so I just keep them in my personal inventory until there's an opening in my hen house.

I also only keep one rooster until he's an elder so I don't get a ton of hatchable eggs. (I sell the younger roosters once they age up. I have no guilt, this is the normal way of things on a real farm - if they don't become dinner.)
    I guess I will sell the other rooster and just keep one too. I didn't even plan to keep him, but for some reason I did. I guess I get too attached to animals, even Sims animals.
  • Options
    I think you can also sell hatch-able eggs at the Grocery Stall. I've been selling all the Normal ones that way and keeping only the Excellent ones (although I don't really know what if any difference it makes to hatch a chicken out of an excellent egg).
    This is another thing I haven't tried. I guess I have to try it. I never expected my Sim to be able to sell them at the grocery stall because she couldn't do it straight from her inventory. It's odd if we can't sell them from the inventory, because we can do it with other things.
    I guess hatchable eggs are an annoyance for me at this point and I just want to get rid of them as fast as I could.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    You can also gift them to foxes.
    But yeah you should be able to sell them from your inventory...you are definately suffering from a bug there.
    Another thing you could try is place them on your lot and sell/delete them in BB.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I let mine hatch and grow into grown up chickens. Then I clicked on the chicken and chose the option to sell. It takes a bit of time but you can sell them for good money. or you could choose the option to trade for meat, but right now my sim needs the cash.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I read in another thread that hatchable eggs can be sold to Kim Goldberg(?) at the grocery stall. I just got started, so I did not test that function yet.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I've definitely been able to sell hatchable eggs, both at the grocer and in my inventory.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Click on the chicken coop and you'll find options available. I do believe Trade is one of them. You might be able to sell or trade the chick for something else. I've not tried it yet, but I'm thinking this was devised as an option when you get too many.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    hihi122122hihi122122 Posts: 1,259 Member
    I'm having an issue with selling things that should be sold in the inventory. I can't sell ANYTHING that can be planted if it comes from a seed packet. If I directly harvest the item (eggs, milk, plants, etc), I can sell it. For this, I put it on the counter and sell in build mode. Or it can be used as an ingredient in recipes no trouble. These items *seem* to be able to be sold to the other residents, and can be given away. Just can't sell from inventory.

Sometimes, when I sell items to the Creature Keeper or the Grocer, not all the items are removed from my inventory, but the money comes through. What doesn't sell to the CK can go to the Grocer no trouble. It's odd.
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Thanks for all the tips everyone. I have to try them later today when I play. I hope it was just a glitch that I couldn't sell the eggs from my inventory, but if I still can't do it at least I know what other things I can try, thanks to you. :)
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Isn't there some option to leave a gift at the snail? If so, maybe you can do that for a few just to do something different.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »
    Isn't there some option to leave a gift at the snail? If so, maybe you can do that for a few just to do something different.

That's a really good idea, but now I'm wondering... do you have to have a hen for your hatchable eggs to hatch? I've noticed that when I put mine into the coop to hatch, the hen always seems to go into the coop and sit on them until they hatch. So I don't know whether that's just an animation to give it color, or whether it's actually required.

It would be nice to have my new households save some money by picking up a hatchable egg from Sophie when they are starting out.