Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like Location based Aspirations?

13...Next

Comments

• TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    You mean tutorials? Nope! I would rather have actual aspirations than tutorials.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited July 2021
    They can be helpful sometimes.
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    troshalom wrote: »
    I like them. If you don't like them don't play them.

Couldn't have summarized it better. :p

It's great having the option there. Of course you don't have to do location based aspirations if you don't like them.

I've recently started the "Strangerville" aspiration. The aspiration is a bit like a "tutorial". Even though so I'm having trouble getting the 15 pieces of evidence for the main plot.
    (And no, I do not want to cheat this)

Any advice would be helpful.

Places to get evidence (specifics not mentioned)

The lab, the library, some of the premade's houses (unless they're dead and the house has been emptied) and if all else fails, bugs and the listening station. :)

has played through Strangerville 6 times now, with a slightly different spin each time.
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I do give sims these aspirations to get familiar with the content in a pack and to center that sim in whatever world the theme is based on. Honestly, I don't pay that much attention to aspirations and prefer to "free play" but I will sometimes play through these aspirations especially early on with a new pack. I think that they can be easily ignored if you don't want to play with them. I do have some "location-based" sims.

I also liked how they combined culture and adventure in Jungle Adventure, that was actually well done IMO. I also don't always watch the livestreams for new packs so I like having the aspiration to discover aspects that I might not have known about.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    edited July 2021
    I'm quite surprised there's no aspiration based on Henford-on-Bagley
  • CASim1000CASim1000 Posts: 21 Member
    I love them! They help me learn about the new content in each pack!
    I wish there was an aspiration for every world.
  • SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    I like them for the most part, they're pretty helpful when playing a pack for the first time and you're wanting to find all its features.

But... once you've done that, they kind of become a little bit useless. There's no real reason to use them again unless you want the reward trait.
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I hardly every use them unless I want the specific reward trait.
    I choose the aspiration in CAS for the bonus trait it gives, and change aspirations later in game. The location based aspirations have a good bonus trait in the home turf, for sims I don't really play but is part of a set up and that I just want to be content. The Batuu one is good for restaurant owners for example, making them raise their needs every time they travel. I have never completed the location based ones (or Batuu); and will only do so if the reward trait for completion fits the sims personality.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited July 2021
    Admiral8Q wrote: »
    troshalom wrote: »
    I like them. If you don't like them don't play them.

Couldn't have summarized it better. :p

It's great having the option there. Of course you don't have to do location based aspirations if you don't like them.

I've recently started the "Strangerville" aspiration. The aspiration is a bit like a "tutorial". Even though so I'm having trouble getting the 15 pieces of evidence for the main plot.
    (And no, I do not want to cheat this)

Any advice would be helpful.

You can search the Strangerville Archives (the library bookshelves) for pieces of evidence, or the computers at the secret lab. You can have another Sim help and then give the first Sim all their evidence.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • angelbearangelbear Posts: 151 Member
    I tend to use them to change up my gameplay. It can add a few intresting turns in my plot
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Not the second part, but I like any aspirations, even the "pack tutorial" ones
  • MiraRoseBlackMiraRoseBlack Posts: 17 Member
    It really depends, recently I haven't really been focusing on aspirations as much as I used to. I do remember enjoying Jungle Adventure and Mt. Komorebi one though. I think it helps when the aspiration is for a "vacation" world so that it gives you a fun little challenge until your sim goes back to regular life.
  • 100LilDreams100LilDreams Posts: 34 Member
    i didnt vote cause i honestly dont like the aspiration system of the sims 4 at all but
    the location based ones are nice, i dont select them for my sims right away unless i intend them to not start in the location they wish and have them work up to it either by becoming a YA and moving out and other arcs. its also nice for some retirement storytelling if your sim is a adult nearing elder stage or is a elder a lot of my elders end up in sulani