Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What do you think of Cottage Living Premade Sims?

Do you think they look interesting to you?
Do you want to get to know them more?
How do you rate their drama?
Do you expect them to be more like Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon NPCs?
Do you prefer them to have relevance with the real world? (represent real people, with their drama, from the English countrysides)

Comments

• Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    The only Sims I have any interest in are the ones I make, the rest of them I just dress up in crazy clothes and use them as window dressing
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    Do you think they look interesting to you? I think they are fine; I did notice that they have "back stories" that you can play with or ignore. I am playing with a few and generally keeping them around as characters in the town. I am someone who can create all of my own characters so I don't really need them but they are there if you feel like you need a full world upon entry. I have realized that it is fine for me to evict everyone and play with a pack in the way that I want if I want to.
    Do you want to get to know them more? I am in the middle on this one, I probably will over time but I'm mostly customizing the world further which is fine. I do note that most of the empty cottages are small which means that my playable households are likely to quickly outgrow them.
    How do you rate their drama? It is still early for me to say that but I think it is good that they made an effort for those needing it. I am kind of amused by the household based on "Crisis Barn". I have been playing with Cecilia but I am someone who makes any changes I want. Cecilia did not still have a grudge about a date when I played her. That male character might have been culled by my game.
    Do you expect them to be more like Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon NPCs? No, I haven't played those games.
    Do you prefer them to have relevance with the real world? (represent real people, with their drama, from the English countrysides)
    That is really more for other people than me but it is fine. Obviously I think that realistic play is fine and some want it including me. The only way that they would not be relevant would be if they were entirely supernatural. They are there if you want to play with them or they can be ignored. I'm playing with them some but with more focus on "creating my own" HoB.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    edited July 2021
    They all look very cute, especially the old gay couple is adorable! But as soon as I am back in my main save I will delete everyone anyway and replace them with my own sim pcs & npcs, because I simply don't care about sims that are not made by me where I know their backstory, life situation etc.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    edited July 2021
    I think they are pretty good, I am not sure about is Agatha Crumplebotton, she is a serial romantic and her traits are Outgoing, Snob and Romantic with the alluring trait, which doesn't really sound like a crumplebotton at all and feels like something that Maxis had to add because they want their dollhouse where no one is mean or angry and they had to add someone who is a complete opposite to Agnes.

I'm not sure how I feel about the Mayor either, they made her gloomy so I have seen several videos where she is walking around and is sad during the fair, which doesn't look great.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Well, the Mayor and her son just moved next door to me into Brook Bungalow, Willow Creek. I had imagined that the Henford folk would stay in Henford. Also I have had several siting's of the Crumplebottom sisters cycling and fishing in Willow Creek.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I think their backstories are all pretty good, I really like the older gay couple. I like the drama that is in the large family but, honestly, I usually don't care that much about the pre-mades. I'm leaving them in place for now, and I'll definitely break up that large family eventually.

I played Cecilia for a day while checking the game out and decided I didn't really like her very much. I know part of that is because she isn't one of mine, because I do like her a little more now that I've given her different hair ;) .
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don't have Cottage Living, but if I eventually decide to get it I'll be doing my usual thing. That's deleting all the pre-mades that I can and ignoring the ones that I can't as much as possible. Except maybe the grocery boy. He's pretty cute.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited July 2021
    Do you think they look interesting to you? Well, I like their aesthetics so to speak, Agatha is stunning in that yellow dress, and I like that the wimmin are a little larger. The old male gay couple are cute. Edit to add: Oh, and the husband of the pub owner is one of the very few attractive male sims made.
    Do you want to get to know them more? Not really.
    How do you rate their drama? I am not interested in drama. It is a little interesting that the farmwife has a thing with the mayor.
    Do you expect them to be more like Stardew Valley/Harvest Moon NPCs? No, two very different games and different humour to them. TS4 is more and more beginning to look moralizing, which I don't really care for.
    Do you prefer them to have relevance with the real world? (represent real people, with their drama, from the English countrysides) I know nothing of the english countryside. I will however create sims with different backstories, more historically correct for a countryside background; and with sims not so mawkish.

In my playsave, which I will not load until I am certain there will be no save corrupting bugs ruining it, I will evict them all; their stories, traits and looks not that interesting to me. I will make my own sims to populate the world, and the premades will act as townies. I will not delete any sims though.
    Post edited by Auroraskies on
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    We enjoy the HoB townsfolk so far. The men seem especially likeable this time around.

We love Derek and Ian. They remind us of a couple I've literally known all my life, dear friends of our family. One of the men worked with my dad for decades, and he held me the day I was born. He repeated the scene with my daughter, but he didn't make it to see her until she was two days old. :)

Simon Scott has quickly become my Sim's best friend in town, after Simon introduced himself at the Welcome Wagon by drinking half my Sim's supply of milk. I wonder if inviting Simon out for a day in San Myshuno would make him happy, or simply make him miss the urban vibe even more?

Rahul Chopra seems destined for better things than delivering groceries. We usually don't play premade Sims, but Z thinks it might be fun to play the Chopra family and send this aspiring Renaissance Sim off to university once he becomes a young adult.

I've only encountered Michael Bell once.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I love them, they all have so much character.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member

I haven’t had a lot of interaction with them yet, but I really like them so far. The grocery store owner is really cute. I like all of Agnes’ snippy retorts. 😆
    I want to get to know them more.
    I don’t care about any drama they came with, because I would play with them completely differently in my game (except for Agnes).
    I don’t play those games, so no opinion.
    I’m not sure I understand the question. I don’t know any real people who live in the English countryside. But I always have fun putting actors and book/TV/movie characters into my game to see them do things that are often completely out of character, lol.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Not particularly. I do like the vibe of the town, the CAS/BB is awesome. But no, finding the NPC's surprisingly uninteresting. Then again, just like MOST Maxis-made townies.

That would require me to play their household, which I rarely do with premade townies. I usually snatch the few interesting ones and incorporate them into my own families.

There's drama.....? Sorry, too busy with my own sim.

Uhh....no. Don't know Harvest Moon, but Sims is very very far from Stardew Valley (except my actual SDV sims and neighbourhood
    )
    Afraid I know nothing of the English countryside. Or my own country's countryside. I ain't a countrygirl...or a citygirl, for that matter. They are as relevant as sims go, I suppose. And as realistic as they get.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    edited July 2021
    I love them all, they're very well made. They look fine to me, premades don't need to look like supermodels. They're very interesting the way they are and I love the diversity that the premades have.
    I definitely want to get to know all of them. Kim Goldbloom is my Sims best friend right now.
    I don't know about any other drama than what the Watsons have.
    I love Stardew Valley but I don't need premade Sims to be anything like Stardew NPC's.
    Also don't need any relevance to real life drama or have anything to do with real people. Sims can be Sims and have their own drama/stories. Right now I don't even concentrate on having any drama for my Sims, I'm busy trying to get the farm taken care of.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I think they are pretty good, I am not sure about is Agatha Crumplebotton, she is a serial romantic and her traits are Outgoing, Snob and Romantic with the alluring trait, which doesn't really sound like a crumplebotton at all and feels like something that Maxis had to add because they want their dollhouse where no one is mean or angry and they had to add someone who is a complete opposite to Agnes.
    I quite like how they made Agnes' cousin with the opposite personality. I find it funny and assumed it was intended to be humorous.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Rahul is definitely one of the best looking premades imo. Simon is also really cute - his wife Sara too.

I like that we FINALLY have another same sex male couple in the game... But I'm still waiting for them to introduce a same sex male couple with children.
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    edited July 2021
    I like all of the premades. I really enjoy the fact that the Watsons come with a bit of "trouble in paradise" drama that my sims can tamper with. >:)

Moving forward, I'd personally like to see more strife within families that we as the player can decide to mend, or break. That's a quality from Sims 2 I got a huge kick out of - loading into a household only for something there to fly off the handle.
    // take me back to 2018.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,941 Member
    edited July 2021
    Love them

though i just wish sentiments didnt have to vanish so quick cause you couldn't possibly play all the households before their sentiments vanish so i had to write them up so i can later remember what they had

also i didn't realize playing scott family would immediately kick the lady out of pub ownership so idk how i get her back in her role so thats a bummer

anyway I am quite inspired with some of the households I've been playing so hyped to maybe do story later

(+agnes is the goddess of bag slapping and i worship her with every cell of my being)

as for more straight answers to the questions tho:
    -I love how many of them sport a very specific outfit that is easily identified as theirs and adds to character so I haven't really made much changes

but i did change cecilia up a little cause i didn't feel some things she was wearing suited her that good

- yup. i play mainly premades either way but its fun to me to dig at these backstories

- 8/10? ish? could definitely be more spicy for my tastes but I appreciate the effort to set these sims up with some drama

-I don't play those games so no.

Do you prefer them to have relevance with the real world? (represent real people, with their drama, from the English countrysides

- naw. i dont want sims to be connected to real humans if thats what u mean thats just awkward

+honestly all my english countryside knowledge is just detective series anyway so :sweat_smile: couldnt say whats so called real drama
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,421 Member

I dislike most of the pre-mades. I don't like the gloomy and mischief traits, which seem to be used on a few. I evicted the old men and the pub owners. They still show up, in the game, but they aren't taking up lot space anymore. I would like to give the pub owners a baby, but you can't do that without playing them. And if you play them, they stop being the owners. I really dislike the drama of the Watson family. I had them divorce, and moved the cheating wife out. Then I just evicted the rest of the family as I found them to be annoying. I am trying to figure out how to get rid of the Mayor as I don't like that she is gloomy and a homewrecker to boot. I do like the creature keeper and Cecilia. I don't really have an opinion on Kim or the Crumplebottoms, as I have only interacted with them in the gardening stalls. It doesn't really matter if I like Agnes or not. That's just who she is.

No. I don't think they look anymore or less interesting that any other premade for any other world. I don't know that I have ever bothered playing any pre-made for any length of time. I mainly play them to move them to another lot, another world, or to decide if I should evict them.

No. Except maybe Cecilia and Michael Bell.

It's eye-rollingly over the top, and annoying.

Why would I? I have no familiarity with those games and have no frame of reference for this question.

No. The world is full of drama. I would prefer it if there was a lot more English comedy. Vicious killer rabbits is a good start. Maybe there is a hidden cave somewhere.
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited July 2021
    I am looking forward to my sims moving to Henford-on-Bagley and getting to know the locals and their stories. I must admit I wish the premades were more representative of my country and the place the world is based on, but at least Mrs Crumplebottom has returned at last! I have such fond childhood memories of her attacking my sims with her purse. I don't know much about the others so I can’t really judge them yet, but I appreciate how everyone seems to have their own backstory that we can discover and incorporate into our own stories if we wish. I think it will make the world around my sims feel so much more alive.
  • HavenRoseHavenRose Posts: 322 Member
    I'm looking forward to evicting them all so I can take their houses for my own sims. Maybe I'll leave some of them in their houses or combine their households so they stay residents. Depends on how much I want to play in the world. I don't play premades, but I also don't dislike them enough to delete them. It looks like they put some care into developing lore for this round of sims, but it's kind of odd that some of the ones with assigned roles are also playable. Not a fan of that as actually playing them would remove their roles and break the story. I like that Mrs. Crumplebottom is back, but really wish she would be a little more aggressive like her TS2 counterpart.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Yes, by and large.

I will be pursuing the "help folks out" missions for a dollop of direction in my sandbox play, but my main focus is on my own Sims.

It has yet to intrude itself on my gameplay, so n/a.

No. Why would they be?

Only so far as Sims always do. Do Britechester Sims have relevance to real people from the Oxbridge, town & gown end of English society? I am not sure what you are asking here. Could you be more specific?

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2021
    Replaced every single one with native villagers that fit the theme I was going for and boys🤭
    I wanted to keep the close village feel but didn't care about the ones that shipped with the pack. I love creating my own so much better.
    Also agree with the above poster somewhere up there. Seems like they threw a bunch of random genders and races in to check the representation box
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited July 2021
    They are ok. I am not deleting any of them, but I have been slowly evicting them as I get around to it. I won't actively play most of them, but they will make good friends and neighbors.

I do love the elderly gay couple, and I think I'm going to play with them for a few sims days at least before I evict them, just to increase the odds that they won't be culled. They always seem to be at the pub, so I'm hoping that will be true even after I evict them. They're last on my list to evict, anyway, so they will probably be in their house for a good long while building relationships... longer even than if I just played out their lifespans if I played with aging on... but I do eventually have something else in mind for that house.

Evicting the Scotts does seem to have safeguarded Sara's role as the pub owner, so I'm glad about that. I also went ahead and moved Rahmi out of the Watson house, even though I haven't evicted the rest of the family. So I guess you can say the Watsons are now separated. Eventually I'll get around to moving the teenage daughter in with her, since she doesn't seem to be fond of country life, either; I'll give them more stylish "city" clothes, and maybe even move them into an apartment in San Myshuno. The other kids I left with their dad, since they seem to enjoy rural life. I may also try to matchmake Kim Goldbloom and Michael Bell and see how far I can get their relationship to progress without actively playing either of them.

Mostly, though, I'm focused on the sims I'm creating.

ETA: I do actually sort of dislike the mayor, so I'm trying to think of a way to kill her off. I like her son, though, and since Rahul has dreams of seeing the world, I'm thinking once his mom dies, I will move him to DSV and have him become an actor, as an homage to one of my favorite actors, Rahul Kohli (who is also British).
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited July 2021
    One of the few times I've enjoyed all the pre-mades.

Glad to see more gay couples and the old one is just so cute? Hadn't expected the drama that was from the bigger family connected with the mayor. Rahmi (The wife) breaking up with her and the mayor being still bitter about it. Would explain why she's so gloomy as well. Das some spicy drama there. Then you have Kim being sweet on the creature keeper who just isn't into her, but into Cecilia who doesn't like him after a awkward date. Feels like there's more story and better backgrounds to the sims this time around compared to premades in the past (hope they fix that).

Stardew valley npc's were never really that much interesting to me compared to HM or Story of Seasons. Always enjoyed a lot of the stories (with the older games) thus I rate their backgrounds as pretty decent with this expansion.

Bunch of good looking sims too.
    5vJrxmT.png