Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Weird "delay" in getting refrigerator and stove menus to popup....

Weird "delay" in getting refrigerator and stove menus to popup. When I click on the fridge or the stove the menu lags when opening. Anyone else having this issue?

Comments

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I have it. Just a couple of seconds but definitely noticeable. Gonna check on AHQ to see if anyone reported it.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yep! Not a major issue but it’s a bit jarring.
    I couldn't find anything on AHQ. Just a couple of menu delay issues from November of last year. Do either of you have mods or cc? I have one mod, UI Cheats, and a few pieces of cc.
    Some minor adjustment mods but nothing big right now. Had MCCC but haven’t put it back yet after it was updated.
  • YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    I have one mod for my Sim's face, a skin and I made sure it was updated after the patch. . But the delay is not present OUTSIDE of the new Cottage Living world. The menu comes up automatically in Oasis Springs where my Sim used to live. As my sims is cooking alot this delay is really getting fustrating.
    Yolee wrote: »
    I have one mod for my Sim's face, a skin and I made sure it was updated after the patch. . But the delay is not present OUTSIDE of the new Cottage Living world. The menu comes up automatically in Oasis Springs where my Sim used to live. As my sims is cooking alot this delay is really getting fustrating.

Huh…my sims live in windenburg. Is it the entire menu? I may have misread if so. Mine only delays when I click cook a meal and all the options pop up.
    The initial menu that pops on the fridge and the stove for me. Thats where the delay is.
    It's the initial stove and fridge menu for me also. And I'm playing in Windenberg.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Weird "delay" in getting refrigerator and stove menus to popup. When I click on the fridge or the stove the menu lags when opening. Anyone else having this issue?

Same. Glad I'm not the only one.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    Same issue here, a few seconds waiting for the menu to pop up. Yesterday in my vanilla test save it even caused a game crash when I wanted to look at a few recipes. :( let's hope that crash was just a one time thing.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member

Could yours have to do with the food challenge?
    SheriSim57 wrote: »

Could yours have to do with the food challenge?

I really don't know.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    That's not good. It might be a good idea to report this one to Answer HQ.
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,061 Member
    That's odd, I also have the slight menu delay thing happening but only for the canning menu specifically... I can open up the stove and fridge menus no problem, but then when I click on 'canning' that's when I get that weird delay.

I have no mods or cc installed right now and am playing in a brand new save game.
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I have delay but I figured it was my overflow of cc🤣🤣
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • LewanaM00nLewanaM00n Posts: 321 Member
    I have this delay as well and I have no mods and CC.
  • EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,927 Member
    edited July 2021
    I also have had the delay, but I've noticed something.

For me, it has also happened in Windenburg. Thus I suspect that the delay may be caused by Simple Living lot challenge as the game counts up the ingredients your sim and the fridge has and disables foods your sims don't have ingredients for.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,444 Member
    @EgonVM hmmm, that's a possibility. I have the same delay and am doing the Simple Living challenge. If anyone tests this theory please let us know whether or not it still happens.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    I noticed this delay prior to installing Col, after the patch was installed.
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Yeah, I'm having an issue as well. While not game-breaking it is a little annoying. Off-topic, but is anyone having trouble getting foxes to leave their lots? Like I don't have the option to shoo them away, they just hang around the lot and pester my chickens, even when putting my coops and chickens in the household inventory they still stick around. :-/
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    logion wrote: »

I dont find them very helpful. I rather have people test things out here. Im going to turn off the Simple Living challenge and see if that helps.
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,410 Member
    edited July 2021
    The lag is a bit annoying but that's about it. My game didn't crash any more when selecting a food to cook. There have been more annoying bugs than this one.
    edited July 2021
    logion wrote: »

I dont find them very helpful. I rather have people test things out here. Im going to turn off the Simple Living challenge and see if that helps.

I turned the Simple Living challenge off and reloaded and still had the issue.
  • afternoonbaboonafternoonbaboon Posts: 252 Member
    I'm having this problem as well. Cooking in general for me is just not working. The delay when using a refrigerator or stove literally gives me the spinning wheel of death before opening the UI for recipe selections. Every time. I've also been having major delay issues group cooking with two available sims. Cooking skill is building up EXTREMELY slow (or not at all) as well. I'm trying to play a decades challenge and cooking lag makes the save unplayable for me.
    WweQvgh.gif

we love you kathleen hanna
  • PalmArrowPalmArrow Posts: 4,329 Member
    I have this delay too! I'm playing without mods and cc.