Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do I get to the Bramblewood and Finchwick?

As the title says. I've not played a ton of Sims 4 as yet and I cannot figure out how to get to those places with my Sim. Please help!

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Travel with your Sims from your phone and pick a lot in those neighborhoods. The Bramblewood and Finchwick are not lots in of themselves, but neighborhoods your Sims can explore starting from any lot within them.
    I tend to start from the Gnome's Arm Tavern or Volpe Park, personally.
  • AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Travel with your Sims from your phone and pick a lot in those neighborhoods. The Bramblewood and Finchwick are not lots in of themselves, but neighborhoods your Sims can explore starting from any lot within them.

How do I get the option to choose a lot in one of those neighborhoods? I understand this is a basic bit of gameplay I've just not run across yet. SO I have no idea how to do it. When I choose to travel I can see the neighborhoods on the map but I don't see any option to go to any of them
    I literally don't understand how to visit these neighborhoods. I'm tryingto look this up and having no luck. How do I get to see the lots in them?
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    AmaraRena wrote: »
    Calico45 wrote: »

How do I get the option to choose a lot in one of those neighborhoods? I understand this is a basic bit of gameplay I've just not run across yet. SO I have no idea how to do it. When I choose to travel I can see the neighborhoods on the map but I don't see any option to go to any of them

From the map view, click on the lot you want to visit - either the Gnomes Arms in Finchwick, or Volpe Park in the Bramblewood (as examples)
  • TrowiciaTrowicia Posts: 2,027 Member
    The Bramblewood / Finchwick are neighborhoods. If you mouse over the icons (mushroom for Bramblewood and gnome for Finchwick) you'll see a description of them. You will also see a soft glow when you hover over the neighborhood icons.

Any of the lots you see in the glowy area are part of that highlighted neighborhood.
    // take me back to 2018.
    Pretty well what @DaWaterRat and @Trowicia have said. When you click a travel option from your phone in live mode, you will be taken to a map after selecting your Sims if you are travelling with others. There any lot you can travel to will glow when you hover over it. Click and you will be taken there.
    Okayyy so I think I understand now. I thought these neighborhoods were more like the Magic Pack where you can travel to the magical realm from the neighborhood you can live in. But Volpe Park IS The Bramblewoods and The Gnomes Arms IS Finchwick along with some residential lots. Is that correct? And Old New Henford is just residential lots?
    Okayyy so I think I understand now. I thought these neighborhoods were more like the Magic Pack where you can travel to the magical realm from the neighborhood you can live in. But Volpe Park IS The Bramblewoods and The Gnomes Arms IS Finchwick along with some residential lots. Is that correct? And Old New Henford is just residential lots?

More or less. I would say "is in," but same difference. Though you could explore the neighborhoods from any residential in them, too.

The magic world is a bit special with the portal crystal, but it can be accessed the same way as this as well. If I live in Sulani I can travel to Glimmerbrook and find the portal by exploring.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

ONH is just residential lots, but the other neighborhoods are each a mix of residential and commercial. It doesn't really matter, though. You can travel to any lot; even if you go to a residential lot, and the household members are away or sleeping, you can still travel there, they just won't come to the door if you knock. But you can still access everything else in the public areas of the neighborhood (i.e., anything that's not on another lot). The best thing is to just choose any lot that's closest to what you want in the neighborhood.
  • PlumbeebPlumbeeb Posts: 619 Member
    Just to add, if you're playing on PC, just press the 'M' key and it will take you directly to the map without any waiting around.

I just find this option to be quicker that using the phone, or zooming out and clicking on the travel button.
    Sims 4 Wish List:
    • > Option to toggle on/off random townie generation.
    • > Turn vacation worlds into residential worlds.
    • > Option to purchase separate worlds or a world pack.
    • > Sleepwear kit.
    • > Atomic age kit.