Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rabbits passing away--can cats hurt them? Or just foxes

Hi all,

I have the aging set to disabled so all my animals should be living fine. Occasionally I'm getting told a befriended rabbit has passed away.
I can't tell if there is a fox I don't see (unless they don't show up on lots without the trait) or if one of my cats that has the prowler trait is doing it?

This is stressing me out a bit so I wanted to see if others have experienced this? If it is the cat trait I can change it.
"Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
Origin ID: simaddict1990

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    Only foxes.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Only foxes.

Thanks! Weird thing happened, got the notice that one passed away but now I have two of the same (has same name too) on my lot.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    At least you've seen rabbits. I've seen foxes aplenty, but then again I moved my one family onto the foxes challenge lot. There's only two 50 X 40 lots, one vacant, that I allowed myself to take. My families live 'next door' in a country manner. They can see each other's lots, at least. I do belive I spotted a racoon. The body wasn't right, but it clearly had the black mask over it's eyes.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    edited July 2021
    Does disabling aging also apply to farm animals and rabbits? Or they will still age up even with aging disabled?
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Disable ageing works on farm animals, foxes and rabbits.
    I had a similar issue though. Ageing off and yet 2 of my bunnies died within about 5 minutes of each other! If its a fox its a very hungry one.
    (I was using the empty lot but had removed the fox challenge....maybe it was still active somehow?).
    Oh I just discovered that it is under pack settings in Game Options, not in Game Play

But does anyone know the exact lifespan of Cottage Living animals? I can't find the answer through Google...
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    You can extend lifespans with Healthy Veggie Treats (farm animals, not sure about wildlife)
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    I had a similar issue though. Ageing off and yet 2 of my bunnies died within about 5 minutes of each other! If its a fox its a very hungry one.
    (I was using the empty lot but had removed the fox challenge....maybe it was still active somehow?).

I think it's a glitch of some sort because I don't have the foxes trait, don't see any and when it said one died, I saw two versions of them with their name (not wild rabbit) so it's almost like it's bypassing the disabled aging.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    ashcrash19 wrote: »
    dogzdinner wrote: »

I think it's a glitch of some sort because I don't have the foxes trait, don't see any and when it said one died, I saw two versions of them with their name (not wild rabbit) so it's almost like it's bypassing the disabled aging.

As I understand it, foxes still exist even without the foxes challenge active. They just won't come attack your crops/coops/rabit warren. They'll still attack bunnies out in the wild.
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    edited July 2021
    Archie128 wrote: »
    But does anyone know the exact lifespan of Cottage Living animals? I can't find the answer through Google...

Not sure yet about llamas and I don't have a cow, but Chickens seem to have a lifespan of about 3-4 sim weeks, at least in my game. I haven't yet done any serious research on it, though.

• LilyLuluLilyLulu Posts: 27 Member
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > At least you've seen rabbits. I've seen foxes aplenty, but then again I moved my one family onto the foxes challenge lot. There's only two 50 X 40 lots, one vacant, that I allowed myself to take. My families live 'next door' in a country manner. They can see each other's lots, at least. I do belive I spotted a racoon. The body wasn't right, but it clearly had the black mask over it's eyes.

You will only see rabbits in the Bramblewood until you befriend one and unlock the the little tree stump they live in for placement on your lot.
    Autumn, it’s the most wonderful time of the year!

P8hSFBm.jpg
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    LilyLulu wrote: »
    > @GalacticGal said:
    > At least you've seen rabbits. I've seen foxes aplenty, but then again I moved my one family onto the foxes challenge lot. There's only two 50 X 40 lots, one vacant, that I allowed myself to take. My families live 'next door' in a country manner. They can see each other's lots, at least. I do belive I spotted a racoon. The body wasn't right, but it clearly had the black mask over it's eyes.

You will only see rabbits in the Bramblewood until you befriend one and unlock the the little tree stump they live in for placement on your lot.

Bramblewood or Old New Henford - If you look at the world map for HoB you can see the stumps and trees indicated on there.
    edited July 2021
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Archie128 wrote: »

Not sure yet about llamas and I don't have a cow, but Chickens seem to have a lifespan of about 3-4 sim weeks, at least in my game. I haven't yet done any serious research on it, though.

Thanks. It wasn't even one Sim week when I discovered that aging for CoL animals are turned off in separate game option.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »
    LilyLulu wrote: »
    > @GalacticGal said:

Bramblewood or Old New Henford - If you look at the world map for HoB you can see the stumps and trees indicated on there.

Yes, I've had loads of bunnies in Old New Henford. All of my bunnies that died have passed away from old age - you only get notifications if your Sim has interacted with them. (I had several that were befriended, but also a bunch that weren't.) I started to get new bunnies after the last of the first generation died.

I also had a fox die of old age near my lot, and apparently, it's a Sim, because the Grim Reaper was summoned. (I don't have Pets, but I think they implemented foxes to work as they do in Pets. I know people will complain about the 'freebie', but from a programming standpoint, it would have been a buggy nightmare to do two different kinds of foxes, and everyone would have been up in arms if foxes were only in the game if you had Pets.)

My llama seems to have a much longer lifespan - he/she is still an adult. Though, I've given him/her a few 'healthy treats' to ensure a long lifespan. (The llamas are adorable <3 )
    I just want things to match. :'(