Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EPHEMERA SKINS - please help me find them

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    So, I assumed the default and non-default version used the exact same texture but oops, I was wrong. :sweat_smile: Sooo, going to go deshine up the default version properly this time. I'll make sure to check in Blender. :wink: Sorry! :lol:
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    @emorrill And whoever else it may concern. We now have ESkin-Fresh Default, but this time it's accurate. :lol: Okay, so what happened was I assumed the non-default and default would use the same textures, so instead of exporting the default skin's body texture and repeating my de-shine steps, I just imported in the non-default body texture that I made before. Alas, Ephemera hath swerved me as the textures differ slightly in color. But just enough to make it look like your sim went tanning with a ski mask on.

Soooo I fixed it. Here's proof.
    sXnVUWa.jpg

And here's a shiny new download link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/veernx575i409oc/ESkin-Fresh-DEFAULT-DeShine.package?dl=0

PS: non-default version doesn't have this problem. :wink:
    PPS: If you find a skin you really like has this weird shiny calf problem, this is a very easy thing to fix so you can request it in my CC Fix thread! :3
    Post edited by Emily4331 on
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    @Emily4331 Righteous! :star:

Thank you so much! :kissing_heart:
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member

@Emily4331 I tried the new skin, non default version in game last night on Jorge and Judy. It looks much better! I will enjoy having that choice again. You are so awesome and I think I said that before but it bears repeating! :wink: It did change Judy's tone but that is because that version doesn't come with a darker skin ramp or whatever it is called that she has.

I'm going to try putting it back on Adam later today. He originally had that skin but I hated those calves and that is when I started using other skins. Now, I've got so many non default it is fun picking out the perfect one for each new sim I create. :love: I love having choices so I don't use any defaults except ea's.
  • Options
    EmeraldDemon_3EmeraldDemon_3 Posts: 1 New Member
    @Emily4331 I'm new to skins and loved the eskin.....except for the calf glow. I've tried several other skins but didn't like them as much. Thank you soooooo much for working your magic 😁. I'll be trying them out in my game tomorrow! Will you be fixing any of the other eskins?
    Have a great day 😁
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    I use E-Skin-Fresh a lot. I only use the non default version so have downloaded this. I am borderline on if I worry too much about the shine or not. Thank you @Emily4331 for fixing it.
  • Options
    @EmeraldDemon_3 Yeah, some people go a bit overboard with the shadows and highlights on CC skin. :lol: De-shining them is pretty easy, so yeah I could definitely do them all for you. :3
  • Options
    Okay, so it seems like most of her 2011 skins look fine, so I passed on those. A little over an hour later, here's a collection of Ephemera's skins, but now with less absurd shininess. This only really affected male sims a lot, so the only edit textures are the male ones. If you want the female textures to also be de-shined, just yelled at me and I'll do it. :tongue:

I only replaced texture files, so these can't be used together with the original files, lest they fight each for supremacy. :lol: So, if you plan on using these delete their original shiny counterparts if you have them in your mods folder. I named them all identically to their friends, just with "DeShine" added, so hopefully if you have the original versions, they'll be easy to track down and destroy.

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ta37gjlbu1xe55/ESkin_DeShine.7z?dl=0