Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bugs And Glitches-Cottage Living

simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,857 Member
Thought it would be helpful if we had a dedicated thread for bugs or glitches.

For those who do not have Cottage Living but may be experiencing patch related issues there is a thread in General Discussion.
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/992065/list-of-problems-we-encountered-so-far-since-the-july-20-patch/p1

Edited to add link to AHQ.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2021
    1. I'm getting multiple Agatha and Agnes Crumplebottoms generated in my game (7 of each of them at last count). I am also getting multiple mayors now too.
    Bug report for the multiple Agathas and Agneses here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-CoL-Multiple-versions-of-Agatha-and-Agnes-Crumplebottom/td-p/10539669

2. At night (and only at night), there is an option to 'contemplate' the snail statue but when you click it your sim is unable to complete the action. They just stand and wave their arm as though there is an obstacle in their way.

3. The typewriter keeps disappearing and I have to keep buying it again.

4. Wild birds stuck flying around my sim.

FYI the only mod I have installed right now is MCCC.
    Post edited by MaggieMarley on
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    I haven't yet noticed some of the glitches other people are reporting, but I've had a couple of glitches since installing Cottage Life. I haven't gone to the work of figuring out if it's one of the mods I use, or an actual glitch.

I had a sim on a non-HOB lot able to use the fabrication machine fine for a couple of days and then become completely unable to interact with it. Not sure what happened there but it's a shame because she's got a maxed-out skill.

I also had some sims in HOB get stuck in some sort of logic loop in the pub where they couldn't decide whether they wanted to sit down, introduce themselves, or open an umbrella, so they just kept playing musical chairs and opening umbrellas while trying to meet each other.
  • Emmy142Emmy142 Posts: 23 Member
    My cow plant just grew up and this morning when my sim went out, it was back to showing as a "baby" plant again. However when I click on it, I can still feed him and play with him, so still an adult, just looks like a baby? I exited the game and came back. Same. Left lot, same. I have no mods or cc installed. I'm not sure if this is specific to cottage living, as this is my first cow plant.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Small pumpkins you buy from the grocery store don't work.

Picnic basket is very buggy.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    My first rooster I bought is labeled as a chick for some reason. Bought as a full grown rooster and wasn’t an initial issue. Very odd.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,857 Member

@catloverplayer could you explain how the pumpkins don't work and how is the picnic basket buggy?
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,381 Member
    edited July 2021
    Some issues that I've encountered.

Hunt for eggs gives chocolate eggs and various other chicken eggs instead of decorative eggs.
    Restaurant chefs wait on the sidewalk and will only enter the kitchen after you have placed an order for food.
    Cafes are also broken, if customers and barista show up, no one orders any coffee or pastries anymore. Customers also tend to wait on the sidewalk outside before entering the cafe and the barista tends to dissappear after showing up.
    Game seems laggy, sims tend to jump from place to place.
    Something's also wrong with the dust system, or maybe it's simulation lag, but had a very hard time to keep my sims's house clean, was vacuuming and there was no change, bunnies and dust were still there. Got rid of them by stomping on them and throwing away the dust bits.
    Search for Gig option on the career button on the UI is broken for both home decorator and freelance programmer. It works on the computer.

• MaeeDay21MaeeDay21 Posts: 1 New Member
    I am having issues with my game not showing any "cook breakfast/lunch/dinner" options at all. It drives me nuts. I've given up on dust bunny's and turned them off because sims cannot vacuum anywhere.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I'm not sure if it is a bug, but I am having a number of problems with wandering neighbor Sims swimming in the river and dying at night due to the cold. In fact, my first night ever in the new neighborhood my unplayed mother of my Sim family died in her bathing suit due to cold. The uncle nearly died right beside her. I have had to be very careful watching them to see if any of the ones I know are close to perishing.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I just had a glitch where the terrain paint I just created disappeared after my sim traveled to another neighborhood in HoB and came back.

I also noticed that the foxes will get stuck with their mouths wide open after picking up an object and dropping it. It happened in a game changer's video too but I don't remember which one.

@catloverplayer could you explain how the pumpkins don't work and how is the picnic basket buggy?

The only thing you can do with small pumpkins is place them in your inventory or out and read the notebook. You can't plant them,put them in the picnic basket or use them to make pumpkin pie.

The picnic basket once sims unpack it they put the food in their inventory when you tell them to grab a serving together and then one goes to another picnic table if you have more then one sim. You have to get both to the same table and pull the food out of their inventories and tell both to eat at the same time. My family was in the same household. If one is from a different household and you want them to eat together you'll need to cheat to add them to family.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    The only thing you can do with small pumpkins is place them in your inventory or out and read the notebook. You can't plant them,put them in the picnic basket or use them to make pumpkin pie.

Have you tried canning with them? I was able to make pumpkin preserves with mine, and then had an option to use the preserves to make a pumpkin pie.
  • JaellyraJaellyra Posts: 2 New Member
    main glitch I've encountered is that my chicks won't age up. They just stay chicks whether I bought them or hatched them. I have had only one of 4 chick age up.
  • my2pinksmy2pinks Posts: 11 New Member
    My sim family moved from Windenberg to Henford on Bagely during winter, after a quick vacation in Sulani. During thunderstorms in Sulani and blizzards in both Windenberg and Henford on Bagely, they get the "run inside" icon but instead of the "run inside" action, it's the "really have to pee" waddle.
  • neonhorn22neonhorn22 Posts: 132 Member
    The only weird thing I'm noticing is that the Grim Reaper came to collect some chicken souls and now he won't leave.

The game is also super laggy.
    Also, I'm having a hard time harvesting collectibles in Bramblewood. It's like they aren't repopulating after a sim leaves.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Im having issues with ponds. When I put the sign down and stock them the fishing interactions are greyed out even though the ponds show as stocked (weirdly its only about 50% of my ponds and I cant work out what the difference is).
    Also I moved with 2 chickens and a coop and now I have 2 chickens that are simultaneously in my household inventory and in the coop. I cant call them out the coop and cant do anything with the inventory ones.

It probably not a bug but I am annoyed with how the Finchwick Fair operates. Even if you have the only excellent entry you still dont win! Who is judging this thing!? (TBH I cheated that part of the aspiration because my excellent green egg was clearly superior to all the normal ones even though I lost). :(
  • Tovahly23Tovahly23 Posts: 1 New Member
    I planted two trees, they grew, I harvested one, and then my sim woke up and the trees looked like they had been just planted.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    I'm at almost three weeks now, and my power still won't turn back on after Nancy Landgraab's little power company shenanigans. If I play another household for a few hours, and then come back, it's on, but if I leave the lot at all, the power goes back out and won't reset until I play another household again. And yes, my bills are paid up.
    Amapola76 wrote: »

Have you tried canning with them? I was able to make pumpkin preserves with mine, and then had an option to use the preserves to make a pumpkin pie.

No I haven't thanks for the suggestion.
  • Loreleilee73Loreleilee73 Posts: 222 Member
    I'm also having the issue where my chicks won't age up, these are two chicks that I bought direct from the coop, I've had them about nine sim days now, plus my coop never seems to get dirty and the chicks are always happy and content. I'm only playing with MCCC and I've just removed that and will try again tomorrow. Also, regular garden plants still reverting to dirt piles, was really hoping that had been fixed!
  • AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    edited July 2021
    I want any issues fixed as soon as possible, and while the Bug Report section for The Sims 4 at AHQ, linked in the original post, can be very confusing I hope that all who experience the bugs are posting there as well. The point of the Me Too button is unclear, but it can be clicked to show you experience the bug. There is a compiled list of bugs which you can look through in search of the right report, and you will also have to go through the first pages of the bug forum since the list is not always updated. If there is no bug report made you can make a new one. Descriptive bug reports are better since they will need to be replicated first before they are fixed.

If you want to avoid the hassle of the bug forum you can also just message the SimGurus, on AHQ or on twitter:

But I don't yet see the point of posting in a thread in a general section in this forum, and with all issues together, since I don't think that the SimGurus read threads here, and I don't think that the threads are forwarded to them by the Sims Forum Managers. For the bugs/glitches to get fixed, EA and the right personnel in it, will need to be aware.
  • PinkSugar81PinkSugar81 Posts: 184 Member
    edited July 2021
    No strange mushrooms ever appear in Bramblewood for me, I even spent 3 days there waiting...

Sad bunny face.
  • kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    The oversized vegetables, if you buy them from the grocer, you can't plant them. I think this is intentional, though, since you can buy separate lettuce, aubergine, and pumpkin seeds. (They also need special fertilizers.)
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,857 Member
    @Auroraskies thanks for the added information.

I started the thread simply because there was bug reporting in many different discussion threads and simmers starting new threads to discuss bugs. I just thought it would simplify things if there was a dedicated bug thread for Cottage Living.

Most simmers just want to start out first knowing if anyone else is experiencing the bug or if might be the result of something they're doing or not doing.

The link to AHQ is posted in my original post.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    No strange mushrooms ever appear in Bramblewood for me, I even spent 3 days there waiting...

Sad bunny face.

There seems to be a little patch of them just below Cordelias cottage.

My sim seems to be spending alot more time ignoring commands and just standing there then before. Even resetting them doesnt always get them to do things.
    And telling them to fish in a pond with a sign just made them walk around it endlessly despite there being several places they could fish from. I just gave up in the end and plonked down a debug fishing sign!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top