Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Hatch-able eggs, is there a trick?

No matter what I do, I cannot get any hatch-able eggs. I have a rooster (Egg Lord*) and 3 chickens (Snufflekins*, Fluffy Belly* and The rockstar* ). I have given Snufflekins* the flirty treat a few times and still no hatch-able eggs. Is there anything special I need to do, or am I just having rubbish luck?

*daughter named them.

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Sounds like you are just having rotten luck. The only thing I can think of to suggest is, are they all tied to the same coop? Maybe if they aren't that makes a difference.
    I sometimes see little hearts coming out of my coop and the next egg or two is usually hatchable. I have 1 rooster and 3 chickens the same as you.
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Took me a while to get hatchable eggs. Most of the eggs are not hatchable but you should eventually get ones which are. They're just much less common in my experience.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    One of my first two eggs was hatchable. I put it back in the coop, under my brown hen, and had a chick the next day. Later, eaten by a fox. RIP. But I don't know that I did anything in particular to get it.
  • KHS12KHS12 Posts: 3,023 Member
    I’ve had a few hatchables so far, probably about 1/3 of my eggs overall. Keep trying! I’ve read that the more positive relationship your sim has with the chicken, the better chances of getting some neat eggs are.
  • EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited July 2021
    Make Flirty Treats and feed them to the rooster. This increases the chance of hatchable eggs.

I don't know if you actually have to give it to the rooster or hens, but it seemed more efficient to me to make the rooster randy and only need one treat per coop, instead of a treat for each hen.

If you are lucky you get to see the hearts coming from the coop when he scratches that itch, or at least I did.
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    edited July 2021
    I'll try feeding the rooster the treat and see what that does. My sims and my chickens are fairly good friends, I want a golden and an evil chicken, but that's on the back burner until I can get at least hatch-able eggs!

Edit - I make treats (golden, midnight and flirty), and before I'm done there are hearts flying around the coop. I bought 2 more chickens to experiment on, Goldie Money-Pants* (soon to receive the golden treat) and Evilkins Deathlord* (she's having the midnight treat)

*Again, named by my daughter. Evilkins is gonna look a bit funny if the treat doesn't work!

edit 2 - The (hopefully soon to be) Evil Chicken has called down the lightning!
    MVDRt1m.png
    Post edited by jeepjeepcat on
  • jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    The treats worked, although I had to rename them again. Goldie Money-Pants is a golden chicken and she laid my first hatch-able egg (which is incubating now) and Evilkins Deathlord now has fiery evil chicken eyes!
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2021
    I know it is a little off topic, but I just want to compliment your daughter's naming sense. As someone with actual chickens, I love the name Egg Lord. My first flock ever were all named after egg dishes: Quiche, Frittata, French Toast, Omelette, Chawanmushi, Eggs Benedict, and Carbonara. An Egg Lord would have fit right in.