Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sim 3 or 4?

I am new to the sims. Should I get sim 3 or 4?

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    edited July 2021
    Depends on what you want in the game. I have all packs of both. If you could tell me what interested you in the Sims, I could recommend better.
  • chongjasminechongjasmine Posts: 68 Member
    I am not sure, since I am new to the sims. I just want to have fun.
    Okay, I play both concurrently, so I think they are both justifiably fun. They both are currently supported on Origin, too, it is just no more content is coming out for 3. Though I doubt that will be a problem with the Sims 3 Store still being supported. Plus both communities are very active and there are a number of mods to choose from.

In my personal opinion, if building and/or graphics are of absolute priority for you, 4 is your best bet. I think 4's BB is the best. CAS, too, aside from the actual personality traits (I prefer that system from 3). Everything looks better in 4 in my opinion. I also think 4 has the best toddlers and vampires, and it is the current game so it is constantly getting new content and updates. Not to mention the sales focus on 4. It is difficult to find 3 for sale digitally.

3 has the open world, though, that many praised. I do not find it vital, but it means fewer loading screens and a more alive world. Plus I think they did some of the packs better, like Pets, as well as still having unique ones, like Into the Future. The packs also feel larger generally and I'd argue there is still more content available for 3 compared to 4. The thing I probably like the best about 3 is its sandbox nature. With the color wheel, create a style, and create a world there is pretty well no story you cannot construct. Plus I find the individual Sims' personalities and desires more fulfilling. 4 just does not have the same sandbox tools available.

I think the choice really boils down to which attracts you more. Since you are new, you won't have the other games on your shoulder constantly knocking the one you pick down. I think that makes it fairly safe to pick whichever.
  • EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    Sims 3 has open neighborhoods, create a world, the color wheel, no tiny families and so much more.
  • chongjasminechongjasmine Posts: 68 Member
    I decide to go with sims 4 since it is newer and have updates.
    I decide to go with sims 4 since it is newer and have updates.

That isn't a bad reason at all. I hope you enjoy it.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Just a suggestion, you might want to start getting the following packs with your Sims 4 starter bundle:
    Get Together - Big beautiful world
    Seasons - Weathers & different seasons
    City Living - Apartment living, Festivals & Karoke

And have fun. :p