Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cuddling in bed

06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
This is one of those features that when left out makes the game feel cold and robotic. Instead of having a divider between two sims, have them cuddle :3

Screenshot-158_zpsxcicyk0l.jpg

and this when they wake up..

snapshot_cdae71fd_818ff1a4_zpsb3db72f2.jpg

Comments

• sallonesallone Posts: 314 Member
    I'm sure this is too hard and too expensive.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    I want this back too.... :(
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yes! EA bring it back. I love when Sims cuddle in bed.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    sallone wrote: »
    I'm sure this is too hard and too expensive.
    Unfortunately, though if they want to make money of this game and keep people intrested enough to buy the next EP then it will be in their best interest. The little things make the game and that is why sims 2 is still the favorite of most.
  • SimplyToriSimplyTori Posts: 1,804 Member
    Yes Please :) I would love to see EA add those two interactions back into our game.
    justlurking.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited April 2015
    well then more reasons to have my young adults married sims sleeps in single beds and keep my sim single parents raising there children
    Post edited by friendlysimmers on
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I really do miss this and I was really confused when I first booted up the game and noticed that my married Sims were staying as far as possible from each other while sleeping. Do they both have the plague? Is their skin super sensitive where even the smallest touch wracks them with pain? WHO KNOWS.
  • Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    06Bon06 wrote: »
    This is one of those features that when left out makes the game feel cold and robotic. Instead of having a divider between two sims, have them cuddle :3

I'd really love it if they add cuddling, in fact why not cuddling with a Child or Teen in the bed with their parent or parents? Maybe siblings also sleeping together and have like a pushing each other off the bed animation? lol or using most of the blanket lol it would be nice for Sims to just lie down and relax on their beds together, maybe read a book while lying down or eating in bed?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • PinkJellyBeansPinkJellyBeans Posts: 219 Member
    edited April 2015
    There is so many little things that lack in this game but all the missing interactions and animations that involves beds is probably the one that frustrates me the most.

Like this thread points out, no cuddling. It's like couples are sleeping in separate beds pushed together. Sims don't move around while sleeping, they stay in the same position all night. When they wake up, they immediately jump out of bed, they no longer sit and yawn and rub their eyes, not even lazy sims. Then they magically make the bed. This really irks me because there's already not much to clean around the house and now we can't even make beds or be a messy and lazy sim and leave the bed unmade. Also, kids can't jump on beds and there isn't a relax option anymore, even though the animation is already there.

52ewxd.png
    Post edited by PinkJellyBeans on
  • 06Bon0606Bon06 Posts: 11,614 Member
    There is so many little things that lack in this game but all the missing interactions and animations that involves beds is probably the one that frustrates me the most.

Like this thread points out, no cuddling. It's like couples are sleeping in separate beds pushed together. Sims don't move around while sleeping, they stay in the same position all night. When they wake up, they immediately jump out of bed, they no longer sit and yawn and rub their eyes, not even lazy sims. Then they magically make the bed. This really irks me because there's already not much to clean around the house and now we can't even make beds or be a messy and lazy sim and leave the bed unmade. Also, kids can't jump on beds and there's not a relax option anymore. Even though the animation is already there.

52ewxd.png

You are so right! I also hate the making the bed immediately. In sims 3 only my neat sim will do that and then not always... if she is still sleepy or whatever she doesn't make the bed.
    In sims 2 and 3 they'd wake up before they jumped out of bed, stretch and yawn. You know, act like real people now they are like creepy robots getting a recharge :/

They can't relax?! I haven't even noticed.
  • PinkJellyBeansPinkJellyBeans Posts: 219 Member
    edited April 2015
    They can't relax?! I haven't even noticed.

Last I checked the only options available are sit, nap, sleep and woohoo. But some of my sims sometimes lay down on the bed for a few seconds (like the picture I posted) right after waking up and before getting up or before going to sleep. So I'm surprised the relax option isn't there when the animation for it is already made. Maybe it's something they will patch in soon, even though my sims have been doing that since the game launched.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    edited April 2015
    to be honest me i do not mind at all and like the fact that sims makes there bed as soon as they wake up and if they did bring the cuddle thing back i would repace all double beds in my sims homes by single bed where married sims would each have there bed or kee my sims single

Edit picture 1 and 2 wrong sims when they sleep should each stay on there side of the bed

right way to sleep and i hope they leave it like this

30ng942.jpg

Other wise al of my future family sims creations if i set any sims as married they will each have there own bed no double bed will be seen in any sims home they will live in
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Prink34320 wrote: »
    I'd really love it if they add cuddling, in fact why not cuddling with a Child or Teen in the bed with their parent or parents? Maybe siblings also sleeping together and have like a pushing each other off the bed animation? lol or using most of the blanket lol it would be nice for Sims to just lie down and relax on their beds together, maybe read a book while lying down or eating in bed?
    That would be so cute. Cuddling with kids would be so nice to have. Like naptime. Eating in bed would be fun.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    I miss that as well. And why can't the kids jump on the bed any more? Heck, let them be kids! They can't play tag and run around outside. It's sad. You know what else I miss? The shower woohoo. They need to bring that back as well. I mean honestly, who wants to gaze at the stars all the time? Let them cuddle in bed. *sigh*
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• MandylcdMandylcd Posts: 1,713 Member

I always loved the cuddling option as well-it's so endearing!
  • mizuru007mizuru007 Posts: 1,085 Member
    I think it would be adoooorable if child Sims could have nightmares and rush to join their parent/parents in bed and a parent would cuddle them back to sleep. They would have to smush all three Sims into a single bed if the child were the third Sim added to the bed, but that's just like real life, rofl. You have no room to sleep, but your kid can rest easily. C:
  • AurnaAurna Posts: 37 Member
    edited April 2015
    I miss them cuddling in bed too :) The next step would be for kids who have nightmares to sneak into the middle of the bed!

I miss the kids sleeping animations from Sims 3, they were all over the place and it was cute.
    Origin ID: Aurna
    Simblr: Aurna's Sims :)
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited April 2015
    Yep, cuddling in bed was nice but I didn't particularly care all that much for the 'extra kissing package' in the TS2. That was when they wake up and won't get up until the other one get's up. After awhile it became annoying. I don't if people remember that file wasn't in the base game but added later. I think with Pets. Or if you just wanted one to get up a few minutes before the other one, the other one would jump up, too.

It got annoying. But yes, I wish they would bring back a lot of things. But to be fair to them though I want filthy houses, Sims crying because they are in misery of unmade beds, and filth, lol, people modded out everything in these games. Making the bed, they fussed, cuddling, they fussed said it took too long to get them to sleep, turned the lights on and off when the other came to bed, wouldn't get up when we commanded etc. They modded out relax because their Sims went to relax too much, for everything we thought was a nice touch. Pecado and others had a mod to get rid of it, because thousands found them annoying.

I can see how that extra stuff really does make a game special, but it's just like now, when my Sim sniffs the air, and looks up while sniffing, I want to mod it out of there, it's annoying. They aren't looking up at the player, they are sniffing the air, and I find it time consuming. Get on with it and quit and get in that hospital and do your job. :D

ETA: Hey, Bon It's a good thread and I agree this game needs more depth, but I also feel animations for Sims shouldn't be across the board. Like in the Mansion and Garden EP when they did add putting the hand over the eyes when they stepped outside to block the sun etc. Everyone thought they were saluting. lol What I mean my negative answers is this, It should have only happened if the sun was in their eyes, because doing animations across the board for every Sim in every situation gets people annoyed and they mod it out. It doesn't make sense when it may be raining outside.

Or walking out and sniffing the air for all Sims should have been just held to if there was a particular flower or shrub imho, because it is those idles that get people annoyed. Like Sims rubbing their belly in the FT EP. Pecado modded that out probably on day one. I think it shouldn't have been for all Sims, maybe when they just eat a particular food.

That way things are toned down enough to be interesting and seeing something too often is annoying and time consuming, when if it is tied to a particular event and or thing it makes it more special and people less likely to hack it out of the game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Scoya_95Scoya_95 Posts: 3 New Member
    Hey, in 2021 Sims 4 should really bring back the cuddling animations while sims are sleeping together! Please, understand how cute it was!
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    Agreed, I don't know why that animation didn't make the cut from the Sims 3.