Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: July ’21 Cottage Living Patch + Aug '21 patch

Comments

• SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    HI @83bienchen

Thanks for the updates I was just wondering if your updates are on your usual download mod pages on your website as well? I only ask as no matter what i try i cannot download those rar files from the links even on another browser and I don't want 3 browsers on my system as thats way too many lol

If you hit the control key (CTRL) when you tap the link, it will open in a new window. It tends to open up a second forum page first that says You are now leaving etc. etc." Tap and hold CTRL when you click the link on that page and it will open it up in a new tab. Just hit enter in the address box and it will download.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Hi @OliviaBensonXO Those are posted by me :D
    That second batch I normally wouldn't post here. Here I only post updates of broken mods or mods that needed pack updates (like Venue Changes). Those spgm69 ones are just feature updates, and adding those as well here makes the p. 1 posts unmanageable :( . People who want every update should join Discord. We work hard there to get them all out :) Also how and then there are posts in those feeds that aren't actually permitted on the Forums. (Not often -- mostly it's more segregated than that on those servers -- but it happens!)

Hey @luthienrising, what is the discord? I am playing vanilla at the moment but I would like to give that a look!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • bibibijouxbibibijoux Posts: 11 New Member
    Haven't seen these mentioned on the front page but thought it might be helpful: according to the 1.77 patch notes, LadyFuOverrideEP10afSlipperTealFix (fixes the Snowy Escape slippers turning Sims' feet green) and mods toning down the excessive toddler "festering grudge" sentiment (like Zero's) should not be necessary anymore.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    @bandit5 Is this with the new pack but it was fine with the patch? A test with just one mod installed and localthumbcache deleted would be great. MCCC is known to have UI issues if you try to change settings; it won't be updated till at least tomorrow. The updated UI Cheats was fine with the patch.

@thatbadone. It is known :) An update is expected very soon, probably today.

@Silverio212. Did you test any of those alone, no other mods installed, with localthumbcache deleted? If so, let me know which ones. I can report them broken. Generally, though, assume that anything not cleared or updated *could* be broken. This was a rough patch.

@ShinjiM You'll need to do a 50-50 on anything not reported here. If you have mods that break the game rating, you can get info on them elsewhere.

@SimsLady2000 See my first post on p. 1. All three linked there have update feeds. Also, welcome to the mods thread!!

Thank you, @bibibijoux! It's much appreciated.

Outdated Mods - remove these
    • LadyFuOverrideEP10afSlipperTealFix
    • mods toning down Festering Grudge for Toddlers

Mods Reported Fine by Creator
    • Snowii: all mods
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited July 2021
    @GalacticGal It's ok. Don't beat yourself up.

@luthienrising thank you again for your information shared on what CC and which mods are broken what's updated and which ones are working again.

To all the modders and CC creators thank you again for all you do for the community.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    @SPARKY1922: They will be uploaded but not before I'm through with mods. My host has stopped playing TS4 and I don't want to bother her with sending all the updates. Before she would stop by in my thread at the German forum, take the updates from there and upload them asap, but I don't want to bother her now by sending her the files every day and setting pressure on her to update the files every single day - the more as you can actually download the file if you use workarounds.
    I will pack them all together as soon as I'm through with updating.

UPDATES FOR TODAY ARE:
    http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/mods/22072021.rar

alwaysdeterminebabygender
    askforloan
    criminalcareerfix
    curesickness
    lessautonomousbath
    lessautonomousviewing
    moregrandmeals
    noautonomouskicktrashcan
    noautonomousmastergardenerharves
    noautonomoussingingselfpractise
    noautonomoustalkaboutlocalfishingspots
    nostinkyvenuefridge
    restaurantbakefix
    restauranticefix
    restaurantkomorebimealsfix
    soccerteamforall
    strongercoffeeinactivecareers

I'm currently working my way through the autonomy mods. The categories Get to Work and Discover University have been fully checked.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • JimmyNerdtronJimmyNerdtron Posts: 1 New Member
    This DL triggered my virus software :neutral:

> @83bienchen said:
    > @SPARKY1922: They will be uploaded but not before I'm through with mods. My host has stopped playing TS4 and I don't want to bother her with sending all the updates. Before she would stop by in my thread at the German forum, take the updates from there and upload them asap, but I don't want to bother her now by sending her the files every day and setting pressure on her to update the files every single day - the more as you can actually download the file if you use workarounds.
    > I will pack them all together as soon as I'm through with updating.
    >
    > UPDATES FOR TODAY ARE:
    > http://bienchen83.bplaced.net/s4/mods/22072021.rar
    >
    > alwaysdeterminebabygender
    > askforloan
    > criminalcareerfix
    > curesickness
    > lessautonomousbath
    > lessautonomousviewing
    > moregrandmeals
    > noautonomouskicktrashcan
    > noautonomousmastergardenerharves
    > noautonomoussingingselfpractise
    > noautonomoustalkaboutlocalfishingspots
    > nostinkyvenuefridge
    > restaurantbakefix
    > restauranticefix
    > restaurantkomorebimealsfix
    > soccerteamforall
    > strongercoffeeinactivecareers
    >
    > I'm currently working my way through the autonomy mods. The categories Get to Work and Discover University have been fully checked.
  • wickerpeachwickerpeach Posts: 16 Member
    > @luthienrising said:
    > @wickerpeach Did you test that without any other mods installed? It could be a conflict with something else. There are no reports of the issue in TMex's Discord server.

yes, I removed even my CAS CC but I still get the messed up speech bubbles:///
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @SimsLady2000

Thanks for the info I have made myself a note for next time as I always forget for some reason then end up in going round in circles yet again lol

@83bienchen

Thank you for the extra info now I am able to download your updated mods properly I can go through them :) Thanks for the latest updates mods today much appreciated :)
  • ailujmsailujms Posts: 27 Member
    > @wickerpeach said:
    > > @luthienrising said:
    > > @wickerpeach Did you test that without any other mods installed? It could be a conflict with something else. There are no reports of the issue in TMex's Discord server.
    >
    > yes, I removed even my CAS CC but I still get the messed up speech bubbles:///

I can't seem to find your original post, just to confirm, are you having this issue with T.O.O.L or is it another mod? Because i'm having the same problem. I deleted the localthumbcache file, and tested my game with only T.O.O.L and no other mods installed and the speech bubbles have a visual glitch. I reported it on their discord server and they can't seem to find nothing wrong with the files i provided them. Maybe you can report it there as well?
  • simgirl542simgirl542 Posts: 1,071 Member
    edited July 2021
    I just logged into my game and I already have a problem.
    The Choose a Family screen is messed up. There's red stars covering the played and unplayed household options, the choose a neighborhood dropdown menu is translucent and the menu screen to close the game is completely illegible.
    Is anyone else having this issue?
    Please help.
    (I usually get ignored in the other sections)

Edit: Repairing the game didn't help so I turned off the script mods and it cleared right up.
    I'm going to find something else to do instead of playing Sims 4.

Edit 2: I found the culprit. It was a couple of mods that I forgot about that are broken. I removed them.
    Post edited by simgirl542 on
    Celebrating 11 years on this forum. Simming proudly since 2001.
    edited July 2021
    Thanks, @ScaperClaudia and @83bienchen!
    @wickerpeach Head over to Deaderpool or Sims After Dark to sort out what mod this is. Thanks!
    @simgirl542 You'll need to go through what's reported broken and updated on p.1, including CC, delete localthumbcache, and delete any mods not reported compatible - there's plenty that broke that's not listed broken anywhere because there just hasn't been time for modders to list it all out. If you have any non-game-rated mods, check those modders' sites for updates. The best sites for support if you're still stuck after that are Deaderpool and Sims After Dark. Just be patient with them, please. It's very busy right now, and it's all volunteers, some of them also modders trying to get updates out.

Mod Updates
    Mod Updates by Bienchen
    available at https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17939150/#Comment_17939150:
    • alwaysdeterminebabygender
    • askforloan
    • criminalcareerfix
    • curesickness
    • lessautonomousbath
    • lessautonomousviewing
    • moregrandmeals
    • noautonomouskicktrashcan
    • noautonomousmastergardenerharves
    • noautonomoussingingselfpractise
    • noautonomoustalkaboutlocalfishingspots
    • nostinkyvenuefridge
    • restaurantbakefix
    • restauranticefix
    • restaurantkomorebimealsfix
    • soccerteamforall
    • strongercoffeeinactivecareers

EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Mod Updates
    No Auto Brew Coffee/Tea (Eunola)
    @JimmyNeutron You might just have to add an exception to your virus software.
    @lutienrising, I have been updating my mods since the update on Tuesday.
    I can't get into any discord sites, as they each need their own separate email and password.
    I have been going through my mods to see if there are any that are outdated and I found a few. I'm going to turn script mods back on and see if it helped.
    That's not the experience that I've had.
  • MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    simgirl542 wrote: »
    That's not the experience that I've had.
    Make sure you're signing in to the account you first made (and you might want to talk to Discord support if you keep experiencing account issues, you only need one as I said). Also some servers have security in place that varies. Some require a phone number registered to your account (most servers shouldn't though), and others require a verified email. So if you made an account but never verified it, you won't be able to access most servers, not to mention you can't recover the account then.
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    Hi @luthienrising and once more unto the breach you step, tirelessly, fearlessly and generously - you are a National Treasure - thank you :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

Anyway, to the point: after cursory testing, I can say that all my mods are working as expected in the new July patch.
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
    Thanks @aldavor! :)

Mod Updates
    Mod Updates from Ilkavelle
    available at: https://www.patreon.com/posts/patch-20-07-2021-53936338
    • Ask Parent About Dating
    • Rejection Letter from University
    • Sell Adult Pet
    • Borrow Books From Library
    • Event School Dances
    • Event Movie Evening
    • Event Vampire Initiation Ritual
    • Event Bloody Party
    • School Trips Events
    • Event Coworkers Hangout
    • Science Fair Event
    • Talent Contest Event
    • Witches' Sabbath
    • Spiritualist Seance
    • Debate Event

Confirmed Fine by Creator
  • zaceitoriuszaceitorius Posts: 48 Member
    so im partially changing my original statement on my plants, yes they wont break your game, but they are having problems with bugs and weeds generating faster than normal..... so updates will be coming for all of them as soon as im able to find the time to do so..... for once im praying for rain here cuz those days will give me more time to mod (got outdoor projects that are taking up the nice days)
  • Hoppel785Hoppel785 Posts: 122 Member
    edited July 2021
    I just tested it, BetterBuildBuyV2.2.1 is causing the weird speech bubbles. I only had this mod in the game.

Edit: It's a known issue that will be fixed soon. :)
  • FrostRoseFrostRose Posts: 3 New Member
    Paint from reference anywhere (scumbobo) is throwinf exceptions left and right.
  • DarkAuditDarkAudit Posts: 169 Member
    The QuickWrite mod has separate components, quickbooks and quicksongs. Which one is the broken one?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top