Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Since when can we have more than 9,999,999 simoleons?

MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
I have a household with 9,999,999 simoleons. I moved a different household in with them who had a few hundred thousand simoleons, and afterwards they had a combined household fund of 10,291,390 simoleons. But I thought the counter couldn't go over 9,999,999. Presumably this is a glitch, but is it a harmful one? I exited without saving just in case.

Comments

• taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    edited July 2021
    I’ve seen this multiple times in my game too. I don’t have an definitive answer, but when I use the money cheat it tops at 9,999,999. But if my household with that amount earns more money via their job or other means the funds will go over the 9,999,999. Not sure if it’s a glitch but if it is, it hasn’t done any harm in my game (so far).
  • MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2021
    Thank you @taydev I was a bit worried about it and since the 2 sims I wanted to move were living in a household of 3 I just moved them out of their current household, taking zero funds with them, and that got around it. Good to know it is not actually harmful though!
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I think there might be a money glitch right now. I was updating my library Sims, going in and out of CAS and Live Mode and a Sim family had over 10,000,000 just from me doing those CAS/library edits. No actual action should have caused that unless adding library Sims added money, but that is a little extreme.
  • JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    I briefly had over 10 million once after moving the household, but soon after a royalty payment came in and caused it to round back down to 9,999,999. There's been no issues because of this as best as I can tell.
    The cake is a lie