Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I pre-ordered but the pack is showing I need to buy it again?

I restarted Origin, and I have the e-mail confirming I pre ordered the pack, how do i get it to show up that I own it?

Comments

• GitaGita Posts: 108 Member
    go to your game library, click on the sims 4 pack, go to "more", scroll down untill you see the new pack and then you can download it :)
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I have a similar issue, it says it's unlocked, but I can't download even though origin tells me there's new dlc available for download.
    It does show a red circled "i", as in, important info, but it has no tooltip and isn't clickable.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,179 Member
    If you used a credit card check that it has gone through on your end. Also check your purchases on Origin to see if say finalized.
    It could also be a slowdown on EA end for processing payments as well. Good Luck. And keep us updated.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    edited July 2021
    I saw people in another thread saying to restart your computer, and then it worked for them. This looks like it's causing quite a few issues judging by the number of threads there are.
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Thanks for the reply, it is still showing I need to buy it on origins in game library. I'm going to double check and see if the transfer has gone through. It's weird as I've never had issues like this before ( pre-ordered it with e-mail confirmation same day it was possible )
  • MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,175 Member
    I fixed my issue by booting the game, immediately got a notification that the new pack was downloading.
    Not sure if that'll fix it for you as well, but it won't hurt to try.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
    Ok, so I checked the status on EA customer portal and it says they have billed me but some items may not have been delivered yet.. So I have to wait I guess?
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Try shutting down origin and restarting your computer. I did that three times and finally it is downloading.
    kiwi84 wrote: »
    Ok, so I checked the status on EA customer portal and it says they have billed me but some items may not have been delivered yet.. So I have to wait I guess?

Maybe too many people are buying it at the same time?
  • PixieButtercupPixieButtercup Posts: 3 New Member
    > @kiwi84 said:
    > Ok, so I checked the status on EA customer portal and it says they have billed me but some items may not have been delivered yet.. So I have to wait I guess?

I have the exact same thing. Frustrating, since I wanted to play today (because I can't play all weekend)!
    Thanks everyone for the nice comments and help. I've restarted twice and nothing is working. Probably going to have to contact EA
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    bixters wrote: »

It would be nice if they could have at least prioritized the people whose money they took a month and a half ago.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    bixters wrote: »

It would be nice if they could have at least prioritized the people whose money they took a month and a half ago.

I agree. Maybe they weren't expecting this many people to buy it at the same time. I've seen a bunch of threads started on the forums about this so it must be quite widespread. They'll probably make an announcement soon.
    This may affect some? Not sure.

Posted on July 22, 2021 by admin The internet was hit by a global outage on Thursday in what is reportedly a major DNS (Domain Name System)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    This is what it says in my EA account. Really flowering annoying this.

x1ZizmP.jpg
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    edited July 2021
    I posted this on Discussion a short while ago. Don't re-order but check your details, country etc.,

Disruptions often mean that a web browser cannot find the content it is looking for.

Other affected services reported by DownDetector included:

Banks such as Barclays, Lloyds, TSB, and Halifax
    Gaming services including Steam, Call of Duty, and EA
    Streaming services on Channel 4 and ITV
    It is the second such widespread outage in two months
    Bluegayle wrote: »

Posted on July 22, 2021 by admin The internet was hit by a global outage on Thursday in what is reportedly a major DNS (Domain Name System)

Yes, but Akamai says they put out a fix pretty quickly, and most other affected corporate websites seem to be back up to speed already.
  • Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    This is what it says in my EA account. Really flowering annoying this.

x1ZizmP.jpg

That's what it says in my Order History too 😡
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I have a download button in origin for Cottage Living but it doesn't do anything.
  • StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,445 Member
    MDianaSims wrote: »
    I have a similar issue, it says it's unlocked, but I can't download even though origin tells me there's new dlc available for download.
    It does show a red circled "i", as in, important info, but it has no tooltip and isn't clickable.

@MDianaSims that's the problem I had. Couldn't download so went in to order history, checked the CoL order & it was still showing "processing" even though I pre-ordered 7/6. I cancelled & re-ordered.
    edited July 2021
    Starfree wrote: »
    MDianaSims wrote: »

@MDianaSims that's the problem I had. Couldn't download so went in to order history, checked the CoL order & it was still showing "processing" even though I pre-ordered 7/6. I cancelled & re-ordered.

At this point, I'm starting to think I'm going to cancel and not reorder. This has really stolen a lot of the joy out of this pack for me.
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I turned off my computer, turned it back on and now Cottage Living is downloading!!!
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,912 Member
    Still not sorted, at least where I live.

https://downdetector.co.uk/status/ea/
    I was able to get help by EA on twitter, they cancelled my order because it had gone stuck like others are showing in pictures here. Then I was able to purchase it again.
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Bluegayle wrote: »

Yes, but Akamai says they put out a fix pretty quickly, and most other affected corporate websites seem to be back up to speed already.

I was thinking more on line with the banking that was affected and peoples credit card transactions. Hopefully all gets sorted soon.
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion