Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

List of problems we encountered so far since the July 20 patch

I know there are more but so far these are the problems that I have encountered since the last patch:
1. Check gigs button for actors/actresses not working
2. Fame walk for male celebrities 4-star and above now the same with females
3. Restaurant not functioning properly- Animation for waiters delivering food is still there but the foods do not appear on the table; leaving customers do not add to the number of reviews
4. Family aspiration stuck at level 2 because no matter what interaction a parent does with his/her child, it's not adding to the 10 interactions required

Please add yours 🙂

Note: I don't have mods.

Comments

• Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    edited July 2021
    As for 1. No freelance/gig related career is working with the typical panel right now…..but you can use the phone still to check for gigs from what I’ve tested.

Also question on the restaurant glitch do you mean running a restaurant? It’s what it sounds like but wanted to check.

Make sure you report any bugs you see that haven’t been reported. This patch caused some nasty bugs it seems for some people.

Only thing I noticed playing hours yesterday is zoomers delivery isn’t working but apparently the new pack fixes that at least for those buying it.
  • kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    -> 1. This bug isn't limited to acting and can be bypassed by using the telephone
    -> 2. You mean they now share the same walkstyle? Or did an older bug now spread to females?
    -> 4. Do baby targeted interactions (talk, shush, coo at) still work?
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Akl500P @kusurusu

1. I'll try using the phone later when I play again.

2. Male proper celebrities and global superstars now have feminine walk style. So awkward to watch. They have masculine walk style prior to this patch.

3. Yes it's about running a restaurant. Things are normal when the active household is not the owner.

4. Not sure about that. I will try later.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,103 Member
    Sims will pause what they're doing if they are not physically in view of the camera, for example if you send a sim upstairs to read at a book case and stay downstairs, they will stand by the book case until you go to watch them, then they will pick up the book. If you play with more than one sim, pretty much an unplayable game.
    edited July 2021
    If baby interactions don't work either, please check if the child you're interacting with is really your own (in the genealogy panel).
  • Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited July 2021
    I was unable to add likes and dislikes in CAS. The button did nothing.
    Sims will pause what they're doing if they are not physically in view of the camera, for example if you send a sim upstairs to read at a book case and stay downstairs, they will stand by the book case until you go to watch them, then they will pick up the book. If you play with more than one sim, pretty much an unplayable game.

Gee...did they go back and use the code from when the game was an MMO??
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member
    I have started to experience the bug where it says items were removed from your lot. I didn't have this bug before and now they said they fixed it it started happening in my game.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited July 2021
    I have not patched so I can't confirm, but Jump Animation/Sims teleport has been an old issue for many people but it looks like it's worse now? I noticed it in James Turners Dream Home Decorator video (part 23). It happens when he tries to walk his dog and also when he tried to go down some stairs, the animation seems to glitch and then his sim are teleporting to the destination.

Here is the main thread on Answer HQ: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Jumpy-Animations-Sims-teleport/td-p/6876628
  • YoleeYolee Posts: 181 Member
    If you own a restaurant its not functional at all. Cooks do not enter, no one sits down to eat, waiters socialize and dont do their jobs.
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    My Freelance Artist cannot check for new gigs on his phone, but CAN check and receive new gigs on a desktop computer. He was able then to perform all stages of the gig - review design documents, create required images on digital sketch pad, submit images for approval - and be paid for his work.
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Getting messages that items were removed from build but nothing was removed

My sims are way flirty without having a romance meter, no I don't have free love

I can't mentor in music aspiration. Sims that I know don't have level 10 guitar are playing as if they do and I can't get my actual level 10 to mentor. No prompt.
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    Pet adoption doesn't work, yesterday I have tried it in vanilla updated game after someone posted about it here and I can confrim that adoption doesn't work. Only a box with no interactions will appear with no shelter worker or an animal in sight.
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Zoomers is busted, that is a given since the food delivery can not be accepted by anyone in the household, the sims reset when they try to accept it and end up T-posing and then you can not click on the sim who delivered your food.

The fishing pond post also causes a routing issue on any near by fishing posts in the world close to an active house hold, they will not be able to access it and end up fishing on the sidewalk near their lot. (At least this is what I have experienced in NewCrest. I haven't tried it in any other world).
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Yolee wrote: »
    If you own a restaurant its not functional at all. Cooks do not enter, no one sits down to eat, waiters socialize and dont do their jobs.

Not for everyone.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991995/game-restaurants-completely-broken-after-this-patch#latest
  • Lydz8_0Lydz8_0 Posts: 5 New Member
    Im getting the items were removed from build msg when i enter a lot but I don't know what's been removed or not 🤣. More importantly my calendar seems broken. I'm playing vanilla and in 2 houses, the mum n children's bdays come up but the dad who I had move in originally (prior to having the children) doesn't come up. Does anyone else have the same problem?
  • SwanSong93SwanSong93 Posts: 240 Member
    edited July 2021
    About the restaurant issue, the chefs go to their stations as soon as a customer is seated by the host. At least for my game.

The feminine fame walkstyle on my handsome boys--so cringey!!
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I hate that pop up about the move objects on. I wish we could toggle it off but it still shows up even when tips are turned off…
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

I just had Bella use the express admiration interaction on Alexander (after switching aspiration) and the counter increased.
  • xxmikadoxxxxmikadoxx Posts: 24 Member
    I can’t find the Island Living ladders. Checked everywhere 😕
  • SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    edited July 2021
    Currently renovating a house and a counter keeps disappearing, but only when placed on a certain tile.

Edited to add: my sims are also teleporting up and down the stairs, I think this was a previous issue but did not happen in my game. (I play PS4 console)

Sim has just started painting. Except the easel is upstairs and she's painting in the downstairs bathroom...
    Post edited by SayNoToGnomes on
  • wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Weird stretchy arms when hugging another or pet. Like super bizarre across the room, backwards, contorted hugs and kiss cheek

Walking through walls and jumping through cement into a pool that's nearby but not into that actual pool. Swimming through grass.

New problem:

Origin is saying I need to purchase Cottage Living again despite the fact that I pre-ordered it and got charged. I even got the reward items which means the transaction was successful.
  • SayNoToGnomesSayNoToGnomes Posts: 44 Member
    Archie128 wrote: »
    New problem:

Origin is saying I need to purchase Cottage Living again despite the fact that I pre-ordered it and got charged. I even got the reward items which means the transaction was successful.

Seen A LOT of people on Twitter with this problem!

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited July 2021
    Sims won't do the dishes. Instead they will just pick them up, walk to a random place and put them down.
    Sims won't take care of toddlers. Instead they will just pick them up then put them down immediatelly, another sim comes to pick up the toddler and then put the toddler down immediatelly, then another sim comes to pick up the toddler and so on, and so on.....
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    edited July 2021
    Archie128 wrote: »
    New problem:

Seen A LOT of people on Twitter with this problem!

I finally got it after I slept. It's just a matter of waiting although the reason why I pre-ordered was that I wanted to play right away.
    kusurusu wrote: »
    I just had Bella use the express admiration interaction on Alexander (after switching aspiration) and the counter increased.

Mine is just stuck at 0/10 🙁

It also happens with Meet 10 new Sims. My Sim introduced himself to 5 new Sims but the counter only went to 3/10.