The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fish don’t show up in stocked pond…..

So I stocked several ponds (on different lots) but no fish show up. It says my sim can fish, yet I can’t see any fish in the water. Even when I place the sign in the middle of the pond. Is this a bug ?

Comments

• Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Have you tried actually fishing? I ask because if the fishing animation works this may be intentional, due to the fact that if you look in pond effects there's one called 'country fish' that puts visible fish in the pond once you enter live mode.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,872 Member
    I haven’t but if it’s intentional…..what’s even the point of stocking ponds with fish if you can’t even see them ??

I made a small pond with pool water and sand at the bottom and nothing in it except the invisible fish my sim stocked the pond with.
    Have you tried actually fishing? I ask because if the fishing animation works this may be intentional, due to the fact that if you look in pond effects there's one called 'country fish' that puts visible fish in the pond once you enter live mode.

• haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I haven’t but if it’s intentional…..what’s even the point of stocking ponds with fish if you can’t even see them ??

I made a small pond with pool water and sand at the bottom and nothing in it except the invisible fish my sim stocked the pond with.

I think the point is to be able to fish, not for there to be any visual effects.