Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[OLD] Broken/Updated Mods & CC: July ’21 Cottage Living Patch + Aug '21 patch

Comments

• GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Ren Hair by Ms_MarySims is working
    Reaper Actions Unlocker by gauntlet101010 is working
    Soul Reaper Career by gauntlet101010 is working
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• abelhinha35abelhinha35 Posts: 2,304 Member
    edited July 2021
    Mod Updates

Hi. is it just the brave trait or all the traits
  • SaxonSpudSaxonSpud Posts: 9 New Member
    I think custom harvestables are still broken, including those that have been confirmed as fixed by the creators. You can still plant, water etc, but the bugs and weeds state is super fast, like approximately every 8 sim hours. If its left the plant dies really quickly. This isnt occurring with the game harvestables, so I'm guessing its a problem just with custom ones. This wasnt occurring before the patch
  • wickerpeachwickerpeach Posts: 16 Member
    Tmex BBB causes speech balloons to get messed up, 'yelling' balloons pop up at the wrong times and the icons are off center... I have the updated mod, literally just re-downloaded it a few minutes ago
    Taking it out of my mods folder fixes the issue
  • OliviaBensonXOOliviaBensonXO Posts: 29 Member
    MidiarSprite has reported that her BetterSims mod is in need of updates for the patch, so please remove it for the time being.
    Tmex BBB causes speech balloons to get messed up, 'yelling' balloons pop up at the wrong times and the icons are off center... I have the updated mod, literally just re-downloaded it a few minutes ago
    Taking it out of my mods folder fixes the issue

BBB has been fixed by Twisted Mexi.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited July 2021
    @depressedgamer BuildCam Free Roam is updated now :)
    @Coco107 Thanks! I'd list it but the update is about to go live :D
    @GrimlyFiendish I can actually only take "working" reports from the creator or their designated testing team, because it's easy for us regular mod user to miss something that the mod should be doing or because the code needs to actually be looked at for things happening in the background.
    @abelhinha35 The **re**update is needed only for the Brave trait. But it can't hurt!
    @SaxonSpud Interesting! Most creators haven't *updated* harvestables but I'd suggest telling this to one who has, whose updated harvestables you use. I know some are working on complete harvestables updates still and most haven't cleared them. Can you get back to me on this afterward? I'll drop a note as well to one creator (who is still working on updates and hasn't cleared anything for use yet). I'll add a note here as well.
    @wickerpeach Did you test that without any other mods installed? It could be a conflict with something else. There are no reports of the issue in TMex's Discord server.
    Thanks @OliviaBensonXO!
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Broken Mods
    • BetterSims (MidiarSprite)
    • Sim Lotto (Scumbumbo/Base)

Updated Mods
    Reported Fine by Creator
    • Scumbumbo team: Keep Books After Publishing, Paint from Reference Anywhere, Set Filters on Paintings by Reference, Evolve All Plants, Darker Progress Circle, No More Leftover Parts, No More Creepy Playdate Calls, Unlisted Phone Numbers, Keep Instruments in Inventory, Working Alarm Clocks, Working Medicine Cabinets, Molding Clay Builds Creativity, Bugfixes - It's a Crying Shame, Sims Log Enabler, XML Injector, Tuning Error Notifier
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    Note: Issues have been reported in CC harvestables, including updates ones, of very fast bug cycles, weed cycles, and plant death compared with non-CC harvestables. If you see this in updated harvestables, please test them with no mods installed and let me know, including what you saw it in. Thanks!
    Rheall has updated their Minimalist CC Icon wrench replacement mod for the patch
    https://rheallsim.tumblr.com/post/657386704318119936/minimalist-cc-icon-cc-wrench-replacement-mod-i
    @OliviaBensonXO Was just coming here with this :D (I usually do Tumblr last in my rounds)

Mod Updates
    Minimalist CC Icon (Rheall)
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    HI @83bienchen

Thanks for the updates I was just wondering if your updates are on your usual download mod pages on your website as well? I only ask as no matter what i try i cannot download those rar files from the links even on another browser and I don't want 3 browsers on my system as thats way too many lol
    @luthienrising
    Only mentioned as Kingzace said his harvestables were ok. I have messaged both Kingzace and Icemunmun letting them know the issue. To be fair I havent tested it with no others mods, so I will do that just in case it is not an issue and something else is causing it.
  • tamako3tamako3 Posts: 52 Member
    Is it just me, or are the newly built houses on my plot not showing up on the town map?
    I don't have any plot mods installed originally.
    It doesn't interfere with play, but it does make me feel uncomfortable.

Is there anyone else with the same problem?
    SaxonSpud wrote: »
    @luthienrising
    Only mentioned as Kingzace said his harvestables were ok. I have messaged both Kingzace and Icemunmun letting them know the issue. To be fair I havent tested it with no others mods, so I will do that just in case it is not an issue and something else is causing it.

Thanks!

Don't be!! You've often been the first to let me know something!!
  • amethystlilacamethystlilac Posts: 94 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    HI @83bienchen

Thanks for the updates I was just wondering if your updates are on your usual download mod pages on your website as well? I only ask as no matter what i try i cannot download those rar files from the links even on another browser and I don't want 3 browsers on my system as thats way too many lol

Try right-clicking the link and copying it, then opening a new tab and pasting it in the address bar. Even 'open in new tab' wasn't working for me, but this did.
    @luthienrising
    Just tested Icemunmuns chickpea and KingZace's Broccoli. Game was clean apart from these two. Icemunmun plant died before bugs or weeds had a chance to spawn (as soon as it matured.) KingZace's plant spawned bugs and weeds in around 18 hours, plant didnt die but is still not normal behaviour.
    As I mentioned, I have contacted both creators, more just as a heads up. Will test again once there is an update.
    tamako3 wrote: »
    Is it just me, or are the newly built houses on my plot not showing up on the town map?
    I don't have any plot mods installed originally.
    It doesn't interfere with play, but it does make me feel uncomfortable.

Is there anyone else with the same problem?

It's happening to me too, and it's weird. Maybe it's from whatever they did to fix the un-centered lots from map view.

My terrain manipulation shows though.
    > @amethystlilac said:
    > It's happening to me too, and it's weird. Maybe it's from whatever they did to fix the un-centered lots from map view.
    >
    > My terrain manipulation shows though.

I've been testing a couple of harvestables, all other mods have been removed. Just checked at a newly built house for my test sim is appearing in the map, so maybe its another mod that is causing it.
    SaxonSpud wrote: »
    > @amethystlilac said:
    > It's happening to me too, and it's weird. Maybe it's from whatever they did to fix the un-centered lots from map view.
    >
    > My terrain manipulation shows though.

I've been testing a couple of harvestables, all other mods have been removed. Just checked at a newly built house for my test sim is appearing in the map, so maybe its another mod that is causing it.

Now I can't reproduce it even with mods. Even though it was happening all day yesterday. And the lot that has been just a hill and a lake is fixed to also have a building by going into build mode from the map.

It must be something that got re-updated. Maybe TOOL. Either way, I like it.
  • tamako3tamako3 Posts: 52 Member
    > @amethystlilac  
    Thanks for the info. I also built a new building and it showed up on the map.
    It's a strange situation, but I'll try to remove the door knocking mod and so on.
    > @Saxon Spud
    I will try to remove the suspicious mods. I don't have any problems playing, but I'm afraid that the cottage pack will come and break it, so I'll try different things.
    Thank you very much.
    Thanks @SaxonSpud, @amethystlilac, and @tamako3 for your detective work! Anything you can isolate is super helpful. For the maps, it does sound like you need a 50-50. For sure actual map mods all broke.
  • CuriouseveCuriouseve Posts: 3 New Member
    Is there a list that lists out all of the traits for each options package? I've read comments on modthesims where you recommend Option 10, 22,23,18, or 19, but I'm hoping to find more information about the different traits in each package.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top