Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Calendar update

SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
edited July 2021 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Evern though I have seasons I was happy with the calendar update but was surprised When I saw no new icons
We need more icons for holidays and events I hope the team consider updating it further as the icons we have are so limiting
Happy simming everyone
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Comments

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2021
    I’m just not interested in this being added. I doubt they’ll be a way to disable the calendar. 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️.

Haven’t got Seasons and I’ve managed my Sims without one. I prefer managing my Sims activities.
    I hope it isn’t an annoying notification system for things that occur regularly. (Did you know fair B is coming this Thursday?). 🤦🏼‍♂️.

I imagine if I do get Cottage Living the weekly veg comps will be included 🙄.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I don't have seasons, and wasn't sure I'd use the calendar, but I have and I actually really like it.
    I've planned two dinner parties using the calendar and found it really easy to use.

As far as I see, the only extra notification you get is if you've planned an event, a message will appear about an hour before to remind you, then an option to start the event will pop up at the correct time. Other than that, the notifications for festivals are the same as always.

I think if you play rotationally, or just have a large busy household it's quite good. It's nice to see at a glance who is busy with work/school each day and what events are coming up.

But if you don't want to use it, then it can be ignored and doesn't interfere at all from what I can tell. I'd suggest planning one event with it just to see how it works, because I didn't think I'd use it either but I can now see myself using it quite a bit haha.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2021
    I don't have seasons, and wasn't sure I'd use the calendar, but I have and I actually really like it.
    I've planned two dinner parties using the calendar and found it really easy to use.

As far as I see, the only extra notification you get is if you've planned an event, a message will appear about an hour before to remind you, then an option to start the event will pop up at the correct time. Other than that, the notifications for festivals are the same as always.

I think if you play rotationally, or just have a large busy household it's quite good. It's nice to see at a glance who is busy with work/school each day and what events are coming up.

But if you don't want to use it, then it can be ignored and doesn't interfere at all from what I can tell. I'd suggest planning one event with it just to see how it works, because I didn't think I'd use it either but I can now see myself using it quite a bit haha.
    Thanks. :)
    Reminders about an booked event is okay. I just didn't want many messages or Sims chatting triggering to book this and that. Or constant messages they weren't at an event etc.

You're right that I should at least try it once to see. I do play rational. :)
    I never thought about dinner parties. Might try to do that.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    I haven't noticed any extra notifications, and no prompts to use the calendar. You can see what events/festivals are on what days if you open the calendar, which is useful if you don't want your event to clash with it.

I think it would be good for weddings too. :smile:
  • GageaGagea Posts: 1,275 Member
    Shouldn't this thread better be moved to https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback?
  • SamadamsPlayerSamadamsPlayer Posts: 583 Member
    Thanks to whomever moved this thread for me
    Happy simming