Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Patch Is Available. July 20.

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    MarmaladeJadeMarmaladeJade Posts: 108 Member
    mcrudd wrote: »
    Atreya33 wrote: »

So that means that the game considers these objects to be base game when it comes to filtering objects?
    can you ride the bike? Is it functional?

Yip they are base game :)
    You can ride the bike, its functional :)

qguGCrD.png

VRAUb53.png

That gnome is slowly winning me over to shelling out for full price. It's dumb to buy a pack like that, in my opinion but sometimes people do dumb things.
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member
    Why doesn't EA give more warning and advertise patch release dates better if this is such a problem? I didn't get one notification about an update and didn't have the choice to shut it off before it happened. I understand that it's my choice to add mods, but it seems very disingenuous to blame users for not knowing how every aspect of the modding system works.

Patches are nearly always on Tuesdays at 10am-ish PST. Patches nearly always break some mods, especially those coming in advance of an expansion pack. Expansion (and most other) packs will always be preceded by a patch. EA isn't responsible for ensuring their patches don't break mods on top of everything else. That's why the term "at your own risk" is applicable.

This particular patch is huge and seems to have affected a lot of mods. Some aren't as extensive. Modders seem to be getting fixes out at a pretty rapid clip. I've already replaced most of the one major ones I use. It will all shake out.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Downloaded the patch today, this new hair is really great but I feel like the swatches are off again. Like why is this black so light? It looks grey

07-21-21-11-45-45-PM.png

For reference, I edited it to a "true black" swatch

07-21-21-11-45-19-PM.png
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Does the new tree light up?
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Ok, I'm just back to highlight THIS
    Now this is one that made my day, Cowplants are now able to dance again when Sims play music in front of them. Dance Cowplant, Dance!

Yeah, that is so cool! I saw a video that said that they used to be able to, but it was broken, and they now fixed it! I'm planning on trying it out when I get CL.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    If the "jumping glitch" is what I think it is, it's happening in my game, too. I do not use mods. I repaired my game post-patch and even cleared out my caches.

So, I don't mind the visual effects of this glitch, although it is a bit unsettling to see your Sims just appear at their destination all of a sudden. No, the problem is that it's making them take much longer to complete tasks. They do get done eventually, but after a much longer time than it should take them to reach the place where they'll be carrying out the tasks.

It seems to have something to do with stairs. They get "stuck" for a certain amount of time at the top or bottom of the stairs, doing nothing. Once you focus the camera on them, they start up again. But I'm controlling a multi-Sim household--there's usually anywhere from 5 to 8--and I can't be expected to do that all the time. The only way to ensure it doesn't happen at all is to have the camera "follow" the Sim, and of course, you can only follow one at a time.

This isn't making the game unplayable, but it is extremely annoying, and it looks like a lot of people are having this problem. My Sims are having a harder time keeping their needs up because it takes them so long to do everything, and my Sims' house is multi-level, so it is happening very often.

Please, Sims team, don't wait until the next scheduled patch to fix this. And while my Toddlers are unaffected, it looks like many people's are, to the point of the game not even being playable. This looks like one of those times where an emergency fix might be in order, once you guys figure out what the problem is.
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    Any new clues from the future cube? hahaha I got nothing, only tried a couple of times.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

So that means that the game considers these objects to be base game when it comes to filtering objects?

qguGCrD.png

VRAUb53.png

That gnome is slowly winning me over to shelling out for full price. It's dumb to buy a pack like that, in my opinion but sometimes people do dumb things.

I am absolutely obsessed with that lantern tree! It's one of my favorite objects in the game and I hope we get more like it in the future!
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    alan650111 wrote: »

qguGCrD.png

VRAUb53.png

I am absolutely obsessed with that lantern tree! It's one of my favorite objects in the game and I hope we get more like it in the future!

For me it is the bicycle that makes me consider buying before September 2nd. I usually wait for a sale.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    hymnhehim wrote: »
    Yeah, that is so cool! I saw a video that said that they used to be able to, but it was broken, and they now fixed it! I'm planning on trying it out when I get CL.

This is my video from 2015 ;)https://www.facebook.com/mcrudd/videos/10207967884621939

• Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    If the "jumping glitch" is what I think it is, it's happening in my game, too. I do not use mods. I repaired my game post-patch and even cleared out my caches.

So, I don't mind the visual effects of this glitch, although it is a bit unsettling to see your Sims just appear at their destination all of a sudden. No, the problem is that it's making them take much longer to complete tasks. They do get done eventually, but after a much longer time than it should take them to reach the place where they'll be carrying out the tasks.

It seems to have something to do with stairs. They get "stuck" for a certain amount of time at the top or bottom of the stairs, doing nothing. Once you focus the camera on them, they start up again. But I'm controlling a multi-Sim household--there's usually anywhere from 5 to 8--and I can't be expected to do that all the time. The only way to ensure it doesn't happen at all is to have the camera "follow" the Sim, and of course, you can only follow one at a time.

This isn't making the game unplayable, but it is extremely annoying, and it looks like a lot of people are having this problem. My Sims are having a harder time keeping their needs up because it takes them so long to do everything, and my Sims' house is multi-level, so it is happening very often.

Please, Sims team, don't wait until the next scheduled patch to fix this. And while my Toddlers are unaffected, it looks like many people's are, to the point of the game not even being playable. This looks like one of those times where an emergency fix might be in order, once you guys figure out what the problem is.

I am absolutley gutted right now. My Sims are pausing in their tasks if I'm not following them too, and if you have more than one Sim, only one can do something at a time, which to my mind, does make the game unplayable. Household sims can't all be in line of vision all the time. I was hoping that this wasn't a bug and there was something wrong with mine which would be an easy fix, but clearly not.

As for Toddlers, what's going on with them?? I bet I have the bug too.

I was so excited about Cottage Living, and there isn't alot to look forward to right now, so as stupid as it may seem, I am so upset. I don't know what to do.
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    I am absolutley gutted right now. My Sims are pausing in their tasks if I'm not following them too, and if you have more than one Sim, only one can do something at a time, which to my mind, does make the game unplayable. Household sims can't all be in line of vision all the time. I was hoping that this wasn't a bug and there was something wrong with mine which would be an easy fix, but clearly not.

I was so excited about Cottage Living, and there isn't alot to look forward to right now, so as stupid as it may seem, I am so upset. I don't know what to do.

I'm sorry this is happening to you! I think the reason the game isn't unplayable (yet) to me is that I'm constantly following one of my Sims; I divide up every Sim hour into an equal amount of time per Sim. But that's a calculation I make naturally, and it lines up with my playing style. It shouldn't be a necessary way to play.

And it's still annoying as heck even for me, so :( I really hope they fix this soon.
  • Options
    ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited July 2021
    Another big update then. Isn’t the file size bigger than JTB?! 😭😭😭.
    I’ll have to do it over the weekend when I have time.
    I think the total patch size must now equal the base game of 9GB (which is the disc I have).

I do like the pond tool though and that you add alligators. I can see a James Bond villain lair in the making! 😂.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2021

So excited for the apocalyptic possibilities 😆😩
    Gosh I wish I could update. But one of the major mods I'm waiting in is more CAS traits. Because then I'd have to go in and reassign traits all over again for tons of sims😩
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    I have just read on the bug report about sims pausing what they're doing when they're not on camera, that the issue is not there with the pack installed! This is a great relief for me, but people not buying the pack I guess are going to have to put up with it. Not good! Come on EA! :'(
  • Options

I'm sorry this is happening to you! I think the reason the game isn't unplayable (yet) to me is that I'm constantly following one of my Sims; I divide up every Sim hour into an equal amount of time per Sim. But that's a calculation I make naturally, and it lines up with my playing style. It shouldn't be a necessary way to play.

And it's still annoying as heck even for me, so :( I really hope they fix this soon.

Thank you, me too! :'(
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member

So excited for the apocalyptic possibilities 😆😩
    Gosh I wish I could update. But one of the major mods I'm waiting in is more CAS traits. Because then I'd have to go in and reassign traits all over again for tons of sims😩

Newcrest is about to be a flooded town with some interesting lore in my game.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Broke down, updating now lol. It's gonna be annoying reassigning traits again but whatever 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    pendragon1980pendragon1980 Posts: 436 Member
    I got my bonus content this morning!
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    My sim wanted autonomously to cook together with spouse who was doing that.
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    My sims held dinner party. First his daughter came to cook with him, than all of the guests. His stepson argued that he needed more pepper.

R3ePAjc.png
    iXZMYat.png
    2e025kF.png
  • Options
    I have just read on the bug report about sims pausing what they're doing when they're not on camera, that the issue is not there with the pack installed! This is a great relief for me, but people not buying the pack I guess are going to have to put up with it. Not good! Come on EA! :'(

Nope, my bad. I have Cottage Living now, and it's still doing it. :'(