Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

:|: SPEED 3 - HOW OFTEN DO YOU USE IT? :|:

Comments

• Options
    jeepjeepcatjeepjeepcat Posts: 2,302 Member
    Other
    I put other. I do use it a lot, especially when things are queued, but not all the time. I don't tend to use speed 2 at all, I forget it's there.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2021
    Always
    It's a bad habit I will probably never break. I hate when I miss things and it can be buggy... but I keep doing it anyways. :confused:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    Rarely
    At first I used it quite a bit with my single Sims. Now I rarely use it, but I'll let Speed 3 kick in when everyone is asleep.

I'll shift up to Speed 2 when a single Sim is doing something I really don't want interrupted, like completing a task for a career or concentrating on getting work done on a book. Usually I'm on Speed 1, or pausing to queue up an action or shift to another household member.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    Always
    I use it to speed things up when I want to get to a certain time or something like that. Or if they're taking too long to do something. (also it sounded really silly listening to Sims Sessions in speed 3!)
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited July 2021
    Occasionally
    I prefer to play speed 1 most of the time because well its just kinda more fun and immersion to me to see my sims actually do things and pay attention to random details and just vibe with them

but that being said i do use speed 3 sometimes and id hate to not have the option as well like sometimes you just want to get to the fun stuff and skip on less interesting stuff *cough*
    or u just feel awkward having ur sims woohoo and u either have to go elsewhere on map to look at other stuff or speed thru :sweat_smile:

actually first few years of game i didn't have the option of speed 3 cause i was playing with potato computer that would literally just crash if i tap that speed 3 so maybe thats why i learned to appreciate speed 1 more as well :lol:

but yeah slow paced human irl slow paced also in game i don't like feeling rushed to do anything
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Other
    I use warp speed a lot. I speed through stuff I find really painful like the low levels in singing/violin or completely boring stuff like reading skill books or house cleaning/repairs. Other times I hit warp speed is when the sims are taking their sweet time doing something and I want them to hurry up.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Other
    Generally only when sleeping. I could probably count on one hand the number of times I've used it otherwise, if ever.
  • Options
    BabsTheBuilderBabsTheBuilder Posts: 9 New Member
    [quote="g01denswan;c-17937328"]I play multiple households and it’s boring watching them skill up so I frequently use speed 3 when they are grinding. Really wish skill levels can be set in CAS.[/quote]

Yes it would be nice to start with a certain amount of points and assign to the skills we choose or based on traits selected.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Other
    never used it and never will i only use normal speed in the game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    Rarely
    I only use it when I simply have to get to the end of a day or some other necessity. Which is rare. Used it just a bit ago, I wanted the kids to get home from school so I could drag the entire family into cas.fulleditmode to save them anew. I will be setting up a brand new game save tomorrow. My two Sims families are ready to go and so are their houses, which I test-played today. It's a darn good thing I did, too. Forgot to encase the top of the staircase with fencing to keep anybody from falling. Oh, and I forgot to place laundry baskets to catch the dirty clothes. I detest piles of filthy clothes laying around on the floor.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    Occasionally
    Just to see how my plants in the game are growing or seeing the weather changing from regular to lightning/snow or woohoo. :p
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Rarely
    Like others have said, I only let it run on speed 3 when it kicks in automatically when they're sleeping or when no one is on the lot (at school/work). Sometimes I'll use it when grinding skills if it takes a long time to do, such as painting. But only if everyone else is sleeping or it's a single Sim household. A lot of times even when they are all sleeping, I'll switch to speed 1 for a variety of reasons. It's too easy to miss things on speed 3.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Rarely
    I actually like watching my sims complete tasks. Fishing, cooking, gardening, painting, etc.

Likewise - but some tasks, like Programming, or using the observatory, are essentially sedentary and static. Those, I'll rush, just to have play time to get more done, at regular speed, later.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Occasionally
    I guess I'd say occasionally? I use it when Sims sleep, of course, or when everyone is off at work/school, or if I'm forcing all of them to have a skillbuilding day.
  • Options
    wahini2024wahini2024 Posts: 547 Member
    Other
    Mostly in skill building and usually only if it's a single sim (unless other sims are also busy with skills)... job and sleep

I use speed 2 quite often though. I kind of toggle between one and two (certain things bore me 😆)
  • Options
    LehmanLegacyLehmanLegacy Posts: 176 Member
    Rarely
    Only when my Sims are sleeping, or at work. If I’ve got a single sim working on a task I’ll sometimes put it on, but I’m enjoying the slower speeds more and more now.

I’ve actually started listening to music whilst I play the Sims, just some classical music no vocals, and it’s been so relaxing. 😃
  • Options
    hymnhehimhymnhehim Posts: 518 Member
    edited July 2021
    Always
    Simmingal wrote: »
    or u just feel awkward having ur sims woohoo and u either have to go elsewhere on map to look at other stuff or speed thru :sweat_smile:

yes, this.
    Hey, I'm Milo (he/him)! I love The Sims 4, and I've been playing it since December of 2020. My Sims bestie and forums bestie is Gonnawin1111, aka V.
  • Options
    MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited July 2021
    Rarely
    Yes it would be nice to start with a certain amount of points and assign to the skills we choose or based on traits selected.

@BabsTheBuilder That's a really good idea. I'll sometimes use a testingcheat to add points to some skills when I create a Sim. For example, it seems unrealistic to me for a full-fledged adult, perhaps married with kids, to be a complete novice at everything they do. Or I'll have a creative young adult who I envision as having enjoyed singing all their life, so I'll edit them and give them 4 or 5 points for Singing.

Speeding through the struggles of a beginning violinist's practice sessions is sometimes a really good idea.

And, while I'm here, welcome to the forum, Babs!
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Rarely
    Rarely. It's not even as fast as I'd like it to be unless everyone is asleep or at work or school, and even then, it goes back to Speed 1 when someone gets a text or a visitor, or something at the mailbox. It's very annoying, but I can see why that's necessary for people who don't want to miss those things. I always put it back on manually in those situations.

Otherwise, it amazes me how much time I'll spend just watching my Sim do the same thing over and over, or sit there reading a book or watching a computer. No other game I play is like this. I don't stop moving my Pokemon PC to watch them idle for a few minutes. Only in the Sims do I have that kind of patience. It's whacked.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    Occasionally
    I use it from time to time, when all sims on my lot have tasks assigned to them and they will be busy with them for a little while.

I don't use speed 3 as much as with previous sims games because I think some animation don't speed up accordingly in my game. Which means it some times takes the same amount of real time but a lot of time has passed in my game by the time they finish an animation.
  • Options
    ironknight35ironknight35 Posts: 3,751 Member
    edited July 2021
    Occasionally
    Isharell wrote: »
    I probably use it more than I should, but I do have a lot of single sims. If they are grinding, then I am speeding. ;)

This. I'll usually use it when my Sims are doing stuff that takes a while to complete. I don't really feel like I'm missing out on anything because I usually only play single Sims, two at the most.
    He/Him
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2021
    Rarely
    Literally never. Not even when sims are sleeping. And only speed 2 rarely. Like they need to get to the other side of the map and are walking lol. But mostly I like to see the view.

Nothing wrong with it but I heard a lot of people play in speed 2 or 3 on a regular basis and it seems so odd. I feel like I mind as well not play the game if it's all in fast foward lol.

However, it feels so nice to have the control of pausing playing or speeding. I pause for everything 😅😅probably a serial pauser
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Other
    I mostly only play on Speed 1. I tend to get to be very micomanagey with the Sims and usually have a household of 3 to 4 sims most of the time so I'm constantly checking in on everyone. So usually the only speed 3 is the warp speed with sleeping.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Rarely, because the setting doesn't work most of the time.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017