Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Cottage Living Positive Thoughts Thread 🐓

Comments

• Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited July 2021
    I haven't been delving too deeply into pre-release information, but I did read an introduction to the Henford-on-Bagley NPCs, and for my part, am thrilled to bits that the established, gay couple are Elders.

I haven't read through this thread, so I don't know if it's been brought up already, but I like this degree of age inclusiveness. I'll send my Elder couple (played since they were Young Adult roomies - in TS3! - to the rental lot just to go out of my way to befriend them Or I may play those premades as my "exploration" Sims - something I don't usually do. :)

EDIT - because I forgot their names, and then it bugged me that I couldn't remember, I went back and looked them up.

They are the "Moody & McMillan" household - Ian and Derek, respectively (and a nice given-name easter egg nod to two legends of British theater, Ian McKellan and Derek Jacobi, proud examples of what Quentin Crisp famously called "the stately h o m o s of England").

for goodness sake, filter - it's a pun, not a slur.
    Post edited by Sindocat on
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I so love the pet bunny video. The bunny reminds me of a pet kitty. Very cute. <3
  • Options
    GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Sindocat wrote: »
    I haven't been delving too deeply into pre-release information, but I did read an introduction to the Henford-on-Bagley NPCs, and for my part, am thrilled to bits that the established, gay couple are Elders.

I haven't read through this thread, so I don't know if it's been brought up already, but I like this degree of age inclusiveness. I'll send my Elder couple (played since they were Young Adult roomies - in TS3! - to the rental lot just to go out of my way to befriend them Or I may play those premades as my "exploration" Sims - something I don't usually do. :)

That's awesome, and I noticed the same thing! It would also be cool to have a young sim befriend them and learn all about the farm life from them.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Befriending all the animals! With my first family anyway, as they have a toddler and child so naturally I want to see all the adorable. I wish tomorrow would hurry up so I can start working on the pond tool!!
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited July 2021
    @simfriend1968 - thank you for that info about canning. The good thing about canning being tied in with the base game cooking skill, is it could be added to with other packs if they think there's interest. Marmelades from oranges eg.

Bangers and Mash (or "snags" as we like to call them) was the very first meal I cooked when I was a young teen. Burnt everything - even the peas, gravy was stodgy, just all round yuk. But my father ate every last bite and said "Thanks love". It taught me that failures don't matter, and set me on the road of loving to cook.

Crumpets are one of my favourites! I'm so glad the sims can make them now too. I make my own bread, and often whip up a small batch of crumpets too during the long waiting process. I've tried different recipes over the years, and have settled on my own simple easy no fuss way: this will make roughly 4 crumpets: 1 cup of plain flour, half cup warm water and half cup of warm milk, about tbsp sugar, pinch of salt, and about quarter tsp of instant dried yeast and quarter tsp of bicarb. Mix it all together, cover, let rise for about 45 mins (I set the oven to my 'keep warm' setting and have the door open). The trickiest bit - at least for impatient me - is frying them on a low heat so they don't burn on the bottom. I use a non-stick pan without butter or oil. Once the surface is saturated with bubbles, turn and lightly fry other side. Then the key to getting that lovely caramelised flavour is to toast them again for a long time on a low setting. Copious amounts of real butter, and I have two, one with vegemite (!! :D ) and the other honey. mmmmmm *must make tomorrow* Give it a go! Molds do work best, but I've made them free hand too. Looks wonky but still tastes good.
    Post edited by Simalleyaile on
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Mmm, all that talk about food. The only thing I've been craving today is a jar of raspberry preserves that I got last week while berry picking at a farm. It's been breakfast, lunch and dinner for me, only these little Hawaiian rolls. So good.

I KNEW watching Shark Week would keep me occupied for this last week, and now here we are with just a few more days till pack release. Took the long wait down to just about nothing, my geeking on the sharks, it did.

Can't wait!
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    edited July 2021

EDIT - because I forgot their names, and then it bugged me that I couldn't remember, I went back and looked them up.

They are the "Moody & McMillan" household - Ian and Derek, respectively (and a nice given-name easter egg nod to two legends of British theater, Ian McKellan and Derek Jacobi, proud examples of what Quentin Crisp famously called "the stately ❤️❤️❤️❤️ of England").

They even starred in a sitcom together - Vicious - as a constantly bickering queer couple. :)
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

They are the "Moody & McMillan" household - Ian and Derek, respectively (and a nice given-name easter egg nod to two legends of British theater, Ian McKellan and Derek Jacobi, proud examples of what Quentin Crisp famously called "the stately ❤️❤️❤️❤️ of England").

They even starred in a sitcom together - Vicious - as a constantly bickering queer couple. :)

Omg true! Love this reference. :)
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »

Oh, yes - I had heard about (but not seen) that. I knew I had seen their names linked recently, but had misplaced where. That makes me all the more certain that the nod is entirely intentional. Good catch.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I thought I was done with the recipes but here's a demonstration of how to prepare Aubergine Parmesan.

Binging with Babish: The Sims Special
    Thanks to The Sims 4 for sponsoring today's episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Bwb8_k7yM&amp;t=205s
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I'm currently at my vacation home, and I won't get back to my game in time for release day. But hey ho, how is nature compensating that? The other day I saw a wild fox crossing my garden - foxes do exist around here, but I rarely saw any of them. In fact, I saw only 1 fox here in my life and that was about 15 years ago. So, thanx nature for giving me the pleasure while I can hardly focuson anything but the upcoming pack :)

Also, I wonder if we will see wild animals in other worlds than HoB? Will wild foxes be set by the lot challenge? Will there be no such thing if we visit a community lot and walk the nature? Will foxes only be available to played sims living on a lot with the fox challenge?

Finally, I love that we get new harvestables. Pumpkin, water melon, lettuce and some berries? Now I wonder if they all come as both normal and overgrown versions, or if all these are only for the overgrown crops? I'd love for my sims to grow lettuce, but because I play just 1 day per house, I doubt I will focus a lot on overgrown stuff, except testing the feature at some point. I hope all 4 new can be grown normally.

And, for my planning, I'd love to see what skill levels each preserve i at (assuming that also match their rank by earnings). Did anyone see a complete list?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Also, I wonder if we will see wild animals in other worlds than HoB? Will wild foxes be set by the lot challenge? Will there be no such thing if we visit a community lot and walk the nature? Will foxes only be available to played sims living on a lot with the fox challenge?

Finally, I love that we get new harvestables. Pumpkin, water melon, lettuce and some berries? Now I wonder if they all come as both normal and overgrown versions, or if all these are only for the overgrown crops? I'd love for my sims to grow lettuce, but because I play just 1 day per house, I doubt I will focus a lot on overgrown stuff, except testing the feature at some point. I hope all 4 new can be grown normally.

I really do hope in general that we can have lot challenges on non-residential lots, though I haven't personally seen that confirmed anywhere yet. Otherwise, it's really going to mess with my volcano lot in Sulani, which I made into a museum. Or a national park? I can't quite remember, because in my head it's a bit of both. Anyway, fingers crossed lot challenges can go on all lots.

I think the berries only come in normal versions. It looks like the pumpkins, watermelon, eggplant, lettuce, and new mushrooms are the only crops that can be oversized, unless I missed something. But when you plant them in the oversized patches (which I think is the only place where you can plant them... you have a chance to get either four small, 2 normal, or one oversized crop, depending on a combination of luck and how well you care for them. Other plants can be placed in the oversized patches, but I don't think they will become oversized. I'm not sure, but I don't think the new oversized crops can go in regular planter boxes or the ground, because it looks like the new "oversized seeds" are tied to the oversized patches. Can't swear to it before we have the pack, but that's what it looks like from the videos I've seen.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Thanks @Amapola76

Also, I hope crops from other packs can be canned eventually. No problem if it gets patched in later, but my Elderberry folks at Gibbs Hill in Britechester runs an Elderberry jam production, and not being able to preserve elderberries feelsa a bit lame, LOL. There are probably plenty of other RL crops not among the 16 showed preserves, that should be addressed, too. I don't need to can UFO fruits etc, but RL stuff like pear, banana, garlic etc would be nice.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    I'm going to find somewhere to add the Catch Of The Day food stall from Cats and Dogs. Will come in handy when preparing dishes requiring fish. Of course you could simply go fishing. :p

OLiq2vb.png

This stall has bass, catfish, perch, pufferfish, salmon, tilapia, trout, tuna, and walleye.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

I really do hope in general that we can have lot challenges on non-residential lots, though I haven't personally seen that confirmed anywhere yet. Otherwise, it's really going to mess with my volcano lot in Sulani, which I made into a museum. Or a national park? I can't quite remember, because in my head it's a bit of both. Anyway, fingers crossed lot challenges can go on all lots.

We should be able to since the landfill trait is only available on a community lot.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @simgirl1010

That video Binging with Babish: The Sims Special was awesome I loved watching it so thanks for posting that :)<3
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    I thought I was done with the recipes but here's a demonstration of how to prepare Aubergine Parmesan.

Binging with Babish: The Sims Special
    Thanks to The Sims 4 for sponsoring today's episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4Bwb8_k7yM&amp;t=205s

This guy has some really nice hands. I found myself staring at them throughout his video. Nice touch with him featuring his Simself in the video. Thoroughly enjoyed watching this.

It's so nice seeing people from all walks of life playing the Sims 4. :smiley:
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    Toddlers can play with the chicks. I'm soooo excited for this.
    I wonder if they will make it realistic and when a toddler shows its love for a chick it squeezes it to death by accident
  • Options
    MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    Toddlers can play with the chicks. I'm soooo excited for this.
    I wonder if they will make it realistic and when a toddler shows its love for a chick it squeezes it to death by accident

Jesus Christ. I kinda wish they would, but EA thinks we're wusses lmao. I'm just kidding, that would be horrific.
  • Options
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,918 Member

I just need my cute Fox to appear so I can name him!
    nxGOu7I.png

(thanks for the pic, you know who <3 )
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I just preordered today, so exciting. :p
    I already have some bunny & fox name ideas:
    Honey Bunny, Bug Bunny, Roger Rabbit, Wabbit, Peter Cottontail, Thumper & Fluffy
    Foxy, Vixen, Robin Hood, Silver Fox, Swamp Fox, Red Fox & Wolf

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top