Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Personal Challenge (Complete!)

Comments

• sassytxbratsassytxbrat Posts: 225 Member
    Mia Patina
    July 19
    Week 12 Tuesday

2021-07-05-11_18_03-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    My Sims 4 Gallery // EA ID: TSmetana
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    @Karababy52
    What a cool update! I really love how you show us the girl's personality. I hope I'll be able to do it even half as good for Amelia... Lol, around here everyone is obsessed with Josh's perfect butt! Not gonna lie he's pleasant to look at... but he's with Essa! :o:D Congratulations for Essa's career sucess too. <3
    Oof it was so much fun to read that wholesome little playground adventure. Thank you! <3 Awww. That was the perfect end to a stressful day for me... <3

@permanentrose
    Haha that toilet line...! Pickle, Ew! #TeamCuteButEwPickle :D I love how Ruby can do all the stuff with Rowan like a loving big sister because she's a teen but she still doesn't look as grown-up because of the height slider <3

@Skeilah Aww Skeilah! I really like Bryon, so I'm happy that you will continue his story. I'll just continue to see you as a part of the group who just doesn't adhere to the posting schedule anymore? Sorta like me. RL got in the way, and I'd rather have a story I have fun writing than a daily chore I'll abandon sooner or later...
    I look forward to getting into your other stories as soon as I have space in my day for new reading material. *hugs* I wish you well in the post-graduate world, and I hope that we'll see you and Bryon around! <3

@SoulGal7
    What a fun glitch! I love how you incorporated it to give the boys more personality. Aw I want to get these girls aged up so I can listen more to the game again - right now it's so heavily planned because moving and birthday and New Year's Eve... :( Also what a great idea to paint portraits of the kids! I'll *so* have to steal that... :) Dear old lady *forgot that name* Blossom to take care of Ren and to encourage Wolfgang and Sakura! Nice to see that they won't have to move just yet - some time left in the month...!

@sassytxbrat
    Weird glitch with the pink slivers! Can you flirt with them again just to get the pink away 100%? Also that last pic is a mood. College is stressful, and the household chores (for me) are the first to drop... But then I have no social life outside of the Forums that I could drop :D
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    @miss_eulenauge yeah, she did that on the last couple, flirt and then ask to be friends. I am so glad to be done with that aspiration.
    ~Teresa~
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,779 Member

@Karababy52 ,
    -- Nice that they now have those planters :) Haha, hey, Josh, give poor Veera a bit of break, the fault is her creator's not hers :D But I am glad he managed to use the recycler :D Haha, sure they all gather there to see his yummy butt :p:joy:
    Great , congrats for promotion, Essa! You have sure deserved that <3 Oh, Josh and girls had a fun and active evening :)

@permanentrose ,
    -- Haha, okay son like the father? At toilet pranks? :p Haha at the moodlet of potty training :p Still at #teamPickle , but nooo!! Hi Parsley.. nah you are Parsley to me now.. Lovely last pick <3

@miss_eulenauge ,
    in this case I knew who the creator of the hair was, as i use lots of their hairs, why it was easy to find , as I follow their Patreon :) But basically, if there is a creator's name in thumbnail in CAS, it is easy :) And i browse this site almost daily, so if the hair is pretty new, I most likely find it from there too :)

@SoulGal7 ,
    --Cute first pic :) Paintings look lovely :smiley: Oh Wolfie, you will get the hang of the knitting :p Sakura and Wolfie have a future adventurer in their family :p

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
    @Skeilah , All the best to you in future, IRL and in game :)

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited July 2021
    July - Day 19: "Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be!"

5LgoFpI.png

Notes
    4VDqWOV.png
    The next day while on his way back home from checking out neighborhood dumpsters for treasure, Josh saw Malcom Landgraab walking toward him.
    (What's he doing here? Is Evergreen Harbor becoming a celebrity hot spot or what?)
    "Hey, hey Josh! How are you my man? Haven't seen you since DSV! Do you live here? I heard you retired from the military a Brigadier. Very cool, Congrats man. Remember how we used to practice fighting in boot camp?"
    "Hey Malcom, yeah, we moved here after what happened with the studio. Thanks, oh yeah, I do. I remember you couldn't beat me either, even though you tried at least a dozen times."

KRDCvIJ.png
    "Wanna make that a Baker's Dozen? Bet I can beat you now!"
    "Seriously? Glutton for punishment eh?" Josh laughed.
    "Oh it's on now!"

Ay7C6kW.png
    *BIFF* *BAM* *POW* "Give it up Malcom, you can't beat me." *Grunt* *Oof*
    *SMACK* *BOP* *BOOM* "Oh yeah? Take that, and that and that!" *GROWL* *RAWRRRRR*

HLzKhs8.png
    "Owww, good job man, I can't believe you finally beat me. You've been working out haven't you? Or practicing."
    "Ohhhhh Yeahhhh! You're not so tough anymore are you?"

wCKQKMU.png
    "How'd you get so strong? Nice moves Dude. Never thought you'd ever beat me."
    hehehe "I know, right?"

7tawwTC.png
    "Wait a minute, you didn't LET me win did you?"
    "No way Dude, you won, fair and square."

9YsNOau.png
    "Thanks man, that was fun! We should do it again sometime."
    "Anytime Malcom. I'm sure Essa would love to see Melody. She hasn't talked to her or seen her since DSV either."
    *Ring Ring, Ring Ring RINGGGGG*
    "Speaking of, that's the little woman now. I gotta take this."

UCj0BBO.png
    "Aww man, I gotta go. She's got a Meet and Greet and I need to watch the kids. We have three now. You know how it is."
    "Oh yeah, I do. We have two of our own."
    "Is that so? Well cool. Maybe we can set up a play date with our kids. We're thinking about moving here. DSV isn't a very good place to raise kids. Looks like a great place to raise them here though."
    "We think it is. Sounds like we might be neighbors again. Maybe this time we'll actually get to spend some time together."
    "Hope so. Good seeing you Josh, tell Essa I said Hi. We'll be in touch."
    "I will. See you later man...and don't think you'll beat me again. You just got lucky, next time you're going down Dude."
    "Uh huh, sure. We'll just see about that." Malcom laughed and took off running down the street with a wave. Josh waved back and ran home himself. The girls were home by now and Essa would be soon too.

QnRct6A.png
    YAY! Another promotion to a Level 10 Master Inventor. Essa has now reached the top of the Civil Designer career! Which also means she's finished the Eco Innovator aspiration! Congratulations Essa!

dYflKFd.png
    Essa immediately called her boss and quit. She'd given it her best try and succeeded, but all the hours away from her family just wasn't worth it. The girls were growing up so fast and she didn't want to miss another minute. It would be great being her own boss and setting her own hours, just working whenever they needed some extra funds. As a Freelance Crafter, she could design and develop her own ideas in addition to taking gigs to craft items on the Fabricator for others.

When she called to sign up for the job, they even gave her a sizeable sign on bonus because of her degree. Who knew? She should've done this a long time ago. Essa hung up and went inside to tell Josh the good news.

k8Y0CFV.png
    Later that evening, Josh and Essa decided to go for a walk together and enjoy the sunset. When they opened the door, they saw Damon standing on the sidewalk.

"Damon! What a wonderful surprise! Oh man, it's so good to see you! How are you? Good thing we saw you, we were just going for a walk and might've missed you. What are you doing in our neck of the woods?"
    "Hey Damon, good to see you. How's Molly and Seth?"

ZtWdaKG.png
    "I'm good, Molly and Seth are great. I just stopped by to tell you we're going to be neighbors again. Well, sort've. We're moving to Forgotten Hollow to live with my Dad. He offered to have us live with him now since we're going to need more room, because... Molly's pregnant! We're going to have another baby!"
    "Oh that's fantastic! Congratulations! How exciting for you and your Dad. He'll get to see his Grandkids every day."
    "Congratulations Damon, wonderful news!"
    "Thanks! We were going to just put an addition on the house, but, well, since Mom's been gone, I think he's lonely living in that big mansion all by himself."

D08R1s8.png
    (Oh man, I wish we could tell him about his Mom. Come on Lady, show yourself again so we can talk to you!)
    "Oh, yeah, we...heard about your Mom. I'm so sorry. Hopefully you'll find her soon or she'll show up."
    "It's been so long though, we still have hope. But it's hard, you know? Especially for Dad. He's been searching everywhere for her trying to find out what happened. It's weird how she just...disappeared."
    (Ahh! What do I say to that? I hope he understands once the truth comes out.)
    "Well, at least you'll all be there to keep him company until she does return."
    "So, Damon, I don't think you've met our girls yet. Would you like to come inside and say Hello?"

Damon didn't have a chance to answer though as Josee and Jessah came running out the door to stand by Josh.

gLujZ6G.png
    "Daddy! Can we have popcorn crickets before going to bed? Oh, Hi, who are you? I'm Josee and this is my sister Jessah."
    "Hi Mister."
    "Hi girls, I'm a friend of your parents, my name's Damon, but you can call me Uncle Damon if you want to. I have a little boy named Seth about your age."
    "Cool, now we got four Uncles! Uncle Jon, Uncle Joel, Uncle Morgyn and you. Can Seth come over and play sometime?"
    "Well that's up to your parents, but I don't see why not."
    "Awesome!"
    The twins said in unison.

cPxTCZV.png
    "Uncle Damon, will you spray the monster under my bed and scare him away? Please, oh please!? Mommy and Daddy tried, but it keeps coming back."
    "Yeah, please Uncle Damon? It's scary and won't let us sleep."
    "Aww, of course I will. We can't have any 'ol monster scaring such nice little girls. I'll go do that right now!"

"Oh Damon, you don't have to do-"

pr6tpVQ.png
    *Whoosh*
    "-that."
    "WOW! He's fast! Is he a Super Hero or somethin'?"
    "Um, or something, yeah."
    "Is it okay man? Don't want to step on any toes."
    Damon whispered to Josh as he sped by. Josh just nodded his head in agreement.

WAJoaPN.png
    (Bye bye Monster. Come back again and I'll drain you dry. Leave those sweet little girls alone, got it!?)

zrvfMUx.png
    "Alright girls, time for bed."
    "Awww, do we have to? I wanna talk to Uncle Damon and, and have popcorn crickets."
    "Yes, you do. School tomorrow. You can have the crickets for breakfast!"
    "Okay, Yay!"

"I'll come tuck you in. I'm going too Babe. Long day. Say Good night to Damon for me and tell him to give Molly and Seth a hug for me." Essa said and gave Josh a quick kiss on the cheek.
    "I will. Good night Sweet Peas."
    "Good night Daddy."

(*Is it just me or is Essa looking a bit chunky?)

5KMYw0D.png
    "You have a beautiful family. The girls are so sweet. I kind of hope our next one is a girl. It really doesn't matter either way to me, but Molly wants a little girl to dress up."
    "Funny you say that, Essa loved putting bows and stuff in the girls hair when they were smaller. If we try for anymore kids, I used to think about having a Son. But...well, I wouldn't trade my girls for anything. They've got me wrapped around their little fingers. I'd do anything for them."

gKy3sKe.png
    "I understand. I feel the same way about Seth. I didn't have a clue how to be a Dad, didn't think I'd be cut out for it. But, you know, it just comes natural, doesn't it?"
    "Yeah, it does. I've been taking care of them while Essa works and I wondered the same thing, if I could handle taking care of two babies. That went well, then I wondered about the 'terrible twos' you hear so much about. I won't say it was easy, but we all lived." Josh laughed and Damon joined him.

nSIkHiQ.png
    "I never in a million years thought the two of us would ever sit at the same table talking about our kids. Did you? It's great, I'm glad. But it surprises me even to this day you'll even talk to me."
    "No I didn't either."

QoITCTt.png
    "But you're not the same as you were back then. You've changed, grown as a person and so have I. You're a Dad, just like I am and that changes everything in your life. It really opens your eyes to what's important and what just isn't anymore. I don't want to live in the past, l want to live now, here in the present with Essa and my girls. And...I'd really like for us to be friends and put all that behind us."
    "I want that too....this is kind of weird though, I have to say. We sound like a couple old Mother hens." Damon laughed.
    "Nah, we're more like roosters looking out for our flock. I guess?" Josh laughed, shaking his head.
    "Honestly, I'd still like to fight you some day, but just for fun. Ever do that? Just fight for the heck of it?"
    "Oh yeah, vampires do that all the time, except it's called sparring."
    "Sparring. Hmm, okay, well maybe you'll teach me how to spar some time then."
    "Well, I would, but you'd have to be a vampire."
    "Uh, well, no offense, but I think I'll pass. Let's just stick to good old-fashioned fighting."
    "Okay, but you're missing out man, it's lots of fun!"
    "I'll take your word for it." Josh smiled.

xsk8o1Q.png
    "I better go. It's getting late and I'm sure you're tired. I don't sleep myself, but I know what it used to be like."
    "Alright, well thanks for coming by Damon. I'm glad we could talk like this and I hope we can have more chats in the future. But more rooster rather than hen talk."

Dlg5CI6.png
    "Thanks Josh. This means a lot to me."
    "No need to thank me, you're a good man, a great father and a wonderful husband. Anyone can see that."
    "Good night, we'll give you a call when we're settled and set a date to get together again so the kids can play and we can catch up some more."
    "Sounds good, Good night Damon. I think I'll go check out some more dumpsters, you'd be amazed what people throw away!"

bNqapFK.png
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • SkeilahSkeilah Posts: 1,762 Member
    Thanks, all <3 Its a blessing to be a part of this amazing group. Of course I'll keep posting updates if I make them :)
    koppTCP.pngSubscribe to my WordPress blog to stay updated!
    *Updated my July 19th post above! I'll get started on comments/replies next! Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
  • miss_eulenaugemiss_eulenauge Posts: 250 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Karababy52 Oooh, Damon came to visit! And Josh vehemently declines becoming a Vampire... I'm curious what'll happen next month. :)
    | Amelia Britton - A Lifetime of Sims || Louise Aldrich - A Year-Long Challenge |
    time zone: Berlin, Germany - EA Gallery ID: Noctuara
    @Ellupelluellu
    I figured it might be something else Nancy was grumpy about. hehe You don't like Bob? Or you do is why you were hoping it wasn't him? Doesn't surprise me the game didn't give him socks. Sheesh! :D What does surprise me is there's no eyeball ring! What? How dare they deprive him of that joy! :D Thanks about the daily post pic, I love it too! Yep, someone has to do it and it's her because of the aspiration! Not anymore though. Yay!! hehehe I never even thought about how that could be the reason Essa is covering her ears. Wish I'd thought of that. :D

Don't worry, whenever I can, I won't let Josh yell at Veera again. It just caught me so off guard this time, I wanted to see what he would do. It was all autonomous even though he didn't have any autonomy. I dislike how no autonomy isn't true. I wish they'd get rid of those idle animations. Oh well... I couldn't believe it when Lilah and the mail carrier went over there just to stare at his butt. HAHA! Thanks about Essa's promotion. Thankfully now that the aspiration is done she's done with the career! Now she can spend more time with the girls! ;)

@Skeilah
    Aww, well that's a bummer to hear, but I understand that you're busy. This challenge wasn't meant to be about a story though, the only requirement was the daily post pic. Some of us just morphed into stories. I'm glad you're going to update your blog and still give Bryon a complete year. No worries about the dates. I don't think anyone, except maybe me now is on the schedule I posted. That's just a guideline anyway I posted for myself. Everyone was always welcome to configure this however works for them. :) Hope to see you back here again soon. But if not, thank you SO much for doing this challenge with me. You know I love Bryon and Naoki, their kids, Randi, oh, let's just say every character you've written. Have fun with your other stories! *Hugs* <3

@permanentrose
    Rowan is so darn cute! Oh yeah, every little boy ever has accidents when learning. hehe Ewww! Pickles! *turns green* Hey Dill! You cute little black nugget! Such a happy little boy in the pool and playing with that toy. Aww, so sweet Emmett was at least able to give her a flower! Did she give him one too? Just curious. :) Imgur seemed so much better early this morning. I still didn't trust it much though and only uploaded my screenshots one at a time. Just in case. ;)

@SoulGal7
    Oh dear, poor little tyke! I don't blame them for wanting to keep their kids safe and possibly move as a result. Maybe just the fence will work out though. I guess we'll find out. Oh how cute! What a great idea painting their portraits! Good idea swapping out the scratched couch. Congrats to Sakura for completing the Lady of the Knits aspiration! Aww Ren looks so cute playing with the knitted bear! That townie doesn't look half bad really! :) Oh dear, Ren followed Wolfgang. Good thing Blossom noticed him. o.O Poor Sakura being so upset. I don't blame her. They should keep their doors locked or put that fence up. By the way, just so you know. You called Ken, Ben throughout almost the entire post. I'm thinking that was just a typo? Or did you change his name to Ben now? Just curious. :)

@miss_eulenauge
    Aww man, I'm so glad you enjoyed that update. I had fun writing it and imagining what kind of adventure the girls might make up for themselves. Glad it helped to brighten your stressful day. Made me smile reading that. Thank you! <3 Oh, and I wanted to let you know I did update the main page with a current link to your family on the Gallery. I listed it as 'The Britton Family featuring Amelia.' Is that okay?

Next month is going to be so much fun, I can't wait! This month is fun too though, as has been all of them for me. :)
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited July 2021
    @Karababy52 - lol Ben = Ken. lol I have a little grandson named Benjamin - Ben...and I must have been thinking about him when I wrote this. He's just a toddler, too, and with COVID and the Canadian border being closed, I haven't seen him in awhile. So, I think I was thinking about him and missing him when I wrote this. Thanks for catching that. All corrected again. :)
  • permanentrosepermanentrose Posts: 3,789 Member
    Update 198 - At the lab

ehow6Ad.png
    Back to work again with Jules. Today, she had to upgrade her SimRay so she could use mind control to make people clean.
    XLq1TWG.jpg

Haha, yep, let's try it on Tony as usual :D
    qfBBeca.png

"Ahhh, no NOT AGAIN."
    otK2QZe.png

*Maniacal laughter*
    W34SZL3.png

But let me tell you, I think this is the happiest Tony has ever been.
    5nBYoPW.png

Then it was time to invent a satellite dish.
    iqerPac.jpg

She tried to contact some aliens and also triggered a neighborhood hive mind dance.
    6AF16Fi.jpg

Tony's got some moves!
    d1wQSat.png

Another co-worker, Hannah, was getting groovy too.
    RNR7hZU.png

Sofia was strangely unaffected though.
    PfflxCe.png

One of the pieces of lab equipment broke, and by repairing it, Jules finished the Nerd Brain aspiration! Yay, one of my monthly goals done :)
    ANYhFWB.png

Jules brought the satellite dish home with her and placed it on their roof. I also decided to un-flag Emmett and he can now have offspring. So you know, if the aliens do decide to pay them a visit, I'm willing to take my chances and see what happens ;)
    UIQgZpi.jpg
    edited July 2021
    July 18- Evergreen Harbor - Day 10 - Monday

port-promise-dam.png
    Work day for both Sakura and Wolfgang and the twins head to Wolfgang's company daycare. Neither Ren nor Ken had wandered in the night and were still in bed when Sakura went to wake them up.

monday-feeding-ren-yogurt.png

But before the twins go to daycare, they need to have some breakfast. Wolfgang feeds Ken some yogurt.

cake-for-breakfasty.png

Um....I don't think that Ren wants yogurt for breakfast...where did Ren get that piece of cake? Oh, the daycare workers are going to have fun with him today on a sugar high.
    4380-bills-monday.png

And of course the bills arrive. Let's see if they actually do get a reduction. And, yes, they do! Now down to $4,380. Can they get them even lower?

Sakura gets a pop-up at work and decides that she should donate her recent work for the auction.
    recent-woerk.png

Oh! Good choice for Sakura. But will this get her the promotion she needs?
    everyone-loves-the-cheese-sakura-esponse.png

monday-reached-level-10-painting-career.png

Sakura comes home and she is smiling. Yes! She is now a Master of the Real, and has completed the Painter Extraordinaire Aspiration! She is also at the top of her career. Congratulations, Sakura! Sakura now has to decide if she wants to quit her job and move into another one. And for that matter, which one, an entry level in the Civil Engineer position or a Freelance Maker. She would think about them and talk to Wolfgang some more.
    congrats-sakura.png
    flying-colors-reached-top-of-painter-career.png

Sakura also remembered that she needed to vote and wanted to re-enact the Modern Development NAP that she inadvertently repealed. She had no idea what it was until Port Promise started to begin to decay once again. Hopefully, it won't be long until Port Promise is looking nice again.
    back-to-dreariness.png

And not a moment too soon..green-initiatives-done.png

Oh gosh! And now this!

monday-riding-to-comm-board.png

Sakura casts her vote and there are quite a few sims around the voting board so Sakura decides to stay. Maybe...maybe she will get a selfie with someone.

sakura-performing-musical-at-comm-board-mon.png

Nothing yet, so she decides to perform a musical number, hoping this will help. That didn't work either, but she did enthuse about fabrication with someone...and she now knows how to make a couch! Yes! Just what she has been waiting for.
    fri-unlocked-the-cuch-recipe.png

im-off-to-make-a-couch-now.png

Oh gosh! She is super excited. What a great day this is. She got a promotion and got a plan on how to make the couch. Life couldn't get much better than this, "I'm off to fabricate a couch! Gotta go!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wolfgang came home from work and Knox had told him that unfortunately he wouldn't be able to come over until Friday to help with the fence. Wolfgang had told Sakura the news and they thought they would be able to manage things until then. Plus, they had some plant transplanting to do, so that would take awhile. Sakura had slept on the couch in the living room, and said it was rather comfortable. Plus, no toddlers went wandering outside alone in the night, which made them both happy.

Sakura told Wolfgang about the plan she had been given for the fabricated couch.

and-then-he-kissed-her-on-the-cheek.png

Wolfgang: "Just don't make it too comfortable. I miss you...upstairs...in our bed...I didn't sleep too well last night with you not being there..." he said holding her close.

Sakura nodded feeling his arms around her. She knew how he felt because she felt the same way. She missed feeling his warmth beside her and being held in his arms as they slept. But they both knew they had to do this for the safety of Ren and Ken.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

hi-im-harmony-and-i-am-a-babysitter.png

While Wolfgang was finishing off some chores, a little girl came on the lot named Harmony Meadows.

Harmony: "Hi! I'm Harmony Meadows. Blossom Greenburg told me that you had two boys. I just wanted to let you know that I am a qualified babysitter if you ever need someone to babysit. There aren't a lot of little kids around and I am saving up some simoleons for a science table, so...if you ever want to go somewhere, you can call me and I can come over. I'm also a Scout, so I'm very trustworthy."

Wolfgang: "Well, thank you Harmony. Do you live around here?"

Harmony: "I live in Conifer Station. If you ever need me, either my Mom or Dad can drive me here, or I can ride my bike. I usually look after Adelyn, but I am always looking for more babysitting jobs. What are the boys names?"

Wolfgang: "Well, they're twins...and their names are Ren and Ken...and they are still potty training..."

Harmony: "Oh, don't worry, I know how to change a diaper...and I really like little kids. And I know how to feed them healthy foods like apples and peas...and I like to play dolls with them. I went to a babysitting class, so I know lots of stuff...like locking the door so they don't go wandering off when you're not looking..."

Wolfgang looked impressed and thought that maybe he should have taken that babysitting course, "Well, Harmony, maybe you'd like to chat with my wife Sakura, and then if we ever need you, we can give you a call...."

Harmony: "Oh, that would be great. I will talk to her right now. And you know, Love Day is coming up, so if you need to go on a date or something...you can call me."

harmony-is-their-new-babysitter.png

Harmony then went over to chat with Sakura and Sakura thought she was such a charming girl.

Sakura came over to Wolfgang afterwards, "So...Harmony told me that you were thinking of booking her for Love Day. Is that right?"

Wolfgang: "Did she? Well, she actually mentioned that it was coming up, and...well...I was thinking that it would be nice to go on a date together...maybe just for a few hours...not very far and we would check in with Harmony..."

i-think-it-will-be-fine.png

Sakura looked at him, "Do you think we should? I mean Ren & Ken are just toddlers..."

Wolfgang: "Well, Blossom Greenburg recommended her...and Harmony seems very mature for her age...she knew about locking the door so they don't wander off..." he looked at her intently.

Sakura looked at Wolfgang and saw how he was looking at her, "Really? Alright...I think it should be fine. You have yourself a date. So, where are we going?"

Wolfgang: "Well, it's a surprise...but just casual, if you're worried about what to wear..." he said smiling and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

Sakura almost felt giddy thinking that she was going on a date with her husband, "Oh gosh! I almost feel like a school girl myself thinking of going on a date with Wolfgang...he still has that effect on me..." she thought smiling to herself.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

reading-fabrication-book-while-watching-the-kids-sat.png

The rest of the day was spent with Ren & Ken and doing chores around the house.

And of course...dumpster diving...

dirty-wolfgang.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Harmony Meadows is a townie who just came onto their lot. I actually had to look up where she lived and her family lives in Willow Creek. But for story purposes, she lives in Conifer Station. I thought that Sakura and Wolfgang needed to go on a date together...and, of course, they would need a babysitter. And she comes highly recommended from Blossom Greenburg. So, Harmony is going to be their new babysitter. Also, Love Day is coming up on the calendar on Saturday, and I thought this would be the perfect time. Yes, they can hire the nanny service, but this just happened in the game, so I thought it would be a unique opportunity.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    Mia Patina
    July 20
    Week 12 Wednesday

2021-07-05-12_04_10-The-Sims%E2%84%A2-4.jpg?resize=1024%2C555&ssl=1
    ~Teresa~
    edited July 2021
    @Karababy52
    Congrats to Essa for getting to Master Inventor and completing the aspiration! Woot! And now onto the Freelance Maker job and she gets a sign-on bonus - very cool. And, Malcolm shows up and he and Josh fight...lol...oh poor Josh...he lost. Josh is getting soft...yesterday he lost a video tournament and today a fight. Oh gee! But there are other things more important in life. And Melody and Malcolm might be moving to Evergreen Harbor. And then Damon comes for a visit, and finally Josh and Damon form a truce and find out they are moving to Forgotten Hollow and Molly is expecting again. And now Josh wants to fight Damon...and Damon tells him that vampires call it sparring...and that Josh would think being a vampire is a lot of fun...um...not. Josh doesn't seem to really want that lifestyle. Great up-date. Lots of lead-ins for future chapters. Great job!
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @permanentrose -
    Oh Jules is having fun at work torturing Tony. lol And so funny that Sofia is immune to the hive mind dance-a-thon. She must be wearing earphones to avoid being manipulated lol And now the satellite dish...Oh...Emmett....do you know what Jules has planned for you...now go and stargaze already! lol hehehe Love it! Congrats to Jules for completing the Nerd Brain aspiration.

@sassytxbrat -
    Winterfest time for Mia, and so nice that she got a gift from the Sigworths, to. And fun with Ren. And just Emily and Mia for dinner. For a moment there with Father Winter, I was thinking that Mia was going to zoom in for a Father Winter baby...lol Yes, very close to the top for the Secret Society. Does she get something for this? Let's hope she can finish.
    @SoulGal7
    I don't think she gained anything like a trait, but it is the first time I have ever done it and she is trying to experience everything in the game. And yes, I really considered a baby with Father Winter but the timing wasn't quite right. Maybe next Winterfest...
    ~Teresa~
    edited July 2021
    @Karababy52 ,
    heh let Josh yell at her as much he wants :D I naturally am subjective ;D
    -- Aww, hi Malcolm! Oh how in earth did you win Josh? :smiley: You always lost to Wolfie in SV. :p Nice to see you there too, other tha ocassional ruiner of the restaurant evening :D
    YAY! Congrats for the promotion, freelance crafting is not that bad at all, she has plenty of time to be with girls!

Sweet that Damon and Josh gets along that well , and lovely touch, that Damon asked was the spraying okay <3 Tho I am curious how will Damon act when he finds out they did know where his mom is :) I have the feeling I will know at some point!

And a yes, a bit.. not just you.. but hey , she had 2 babies and maybe they cook too yummy food :p

@permanentrose .
    --HEY stop bullying Tony :D:D

@Soulgal ,
    -- I hope Harmony will be good babysitter.

July 19- Evergreen Harbor - Day 11 - Tuesday

fell-asleep-from-wolfgangs-story.png
    Both Sakura and Wolfgang are off today and they have a lot of work to do.

eco-inspector-is-back.png

The Eco-inspector is back and takes notes on their property.

shows-the-eco-inspector-his-plans.png

Wolfgang decides to show the Inspector some of the plans he has to make the community more green. And the Eco-Inspector really likes them, and they again pass the inspection. Oh yeah! I think the Eco-Inspector just likes Wolfgang because he certainly is lucky everytime she visits.

wolfgang-playing-with-ken-tues.png

And Wolfgang plays a bit with Ken...oh they are flying to Mars...just like the book that Wolfgang read them. And who is that sim with the blue top standing there? Is she writing notes about them? Oh gosh! Hope it's not the Social Worker or anything.

Wolfgang shouted to the sim, "My son Ren is a wanderer...we need more wanderers in the world...to explore...all over...but, yes, we're getting a fence soon, so he won't wander so far anymore...everything is fine here...really...it is...nothing to see here...move along..."

She doesn't move. Maybe she has chewing gum on her shoe and she's stuck in one spot. Or, she is observing them. It's really kind of spooky, and seriously, there can only be one Watcher in this world.
    wolfgang-moodlet-tues-am.png

Ahhh....Wolfgang thinks that his twins are just sweet bundles of joy. Well, that might change shortly.

daddy-i-had-a-stinky-mon.png

Oh gosh! Someone has a stinky! Look at Wolfgang just lining them up for a diaper change. It's an assembly line diaper change. Since he doesn't know who has the stinky he might as well change both of them. Right? That's the plan.

tryng-to-change-diapes-and-ken-is-being-defiant.png

Wolfgang: "Alright, I've got the nose plugs on, let's get to this. Ren, you're first..."

wolf-changing-diapers.png

Wolfgang: "How? What have you been eating? Ewwww! Okay, you're done. Let's not talk about this ever again..."

oh-dear-trouble-ahead-with-kenji.png

Wolfgang: "Ken you're next....what do you mean no? The first word you speak is No? What about Mama? Dada? All you can say is no?"

oh-gee-we-have-the-cain-and-abel-children.png

Oh my gosh! Look at that look Ken is giving Wolfgang! This is not the adorable child that Wolfgang knows. This is a stubborn, defiant clone that has changed places with his beloved Ken.

Wolfgang: "Kenji! Now stop being defiant. That diaper has to come off..." he said disciplining Ken.
    he-might-be-cligy-but-he-is-defiant.png
    kenji-angry.png

and-then-mommy-comes.png

Sakura then comes over, "Oh Kenji, my little one, do you have a stinky? Oh, we'll just get that bad old diaper off of you and everything will be alright..."

Wolfgang looked at Sakura stunned, "Seriously, I was just trying to change Ken's diaper and do you know what he said? He said No! His first word was no!"

i-just-wanted-to-change-his-stinky-diaper.png

Sakura laughed, "Wolfgang, you're imagining things. Ken doesn't even know how to talk yet. How could he possibly have said no? He was probably trying to say Mama...weren't you little Kenji? You're so smart..."

Wolfgang just shook his head.

you-are-funny-daddy.png

Ken went over to Wolfgang then and Wolfgang changed his diaper and Ken laughed.

oh-ken-this-is-really-stinky.png

Wolfgang: "Oh, you laugh now! Just wait until you have kids and they do this to you..." he says almost gagging, "Oh that reeks!"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Inside, Wolfgang has some play time with Ken and all seems to be forgiven.

and-all-is-good-later-on-with-wolf-and-kenji.png

And Wolfgang is SuperDad! Look at him lift Ken up in the air.

superdad-wolf.png

It looks like Ken is telling Wolfgang a story. Must be a pretty good one because Wolfgang looks like he is about to fall asleep.

think-hes-telling-wolf-a-story.png

And Sakura helps Ren go potty. She will be so happy when they can go potty by themselves. And no more diapers!

sakura-helps-ren-go-potty.png

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

LEAVES-HIM-ALONE-FOR-A-MINUTE-AND-HE-MAKES-A-MESS-KEN4.png

Later on, Wolfgang has changed and has gone into the kitchen for something and yes...our little clingy Ken is at it again. He's making a mess on the new patio stones that Wolfgang just laid.

DISCIPLINING-NO-3-KEN-MAKE-A-MESS.png

Wolfgang: "Kenji! Please don't make a mess!" he said. Oh gosh, this was the third time he's had to discipline Ken. Look at his little face...oh this is so hard.

ITS-OKAY-I-STILL-LOVE-YOU.png

Wolfgang bent down and hugged Ken, "Daddy still loves you, Ken...just don't make any messes, okay?"

PAPARAZZI-LURKING-AROUND-THEIR-LOT-SUN.png

And Wolfgang gives them their dinner...and lurking behind a corner between the two containers of the house is a paparazzi. The nerve of them! Wolfgang will be glad when they put up the fence, more to keep those paparazzi out.

THEY-SEEM-TO-LIKE-PEAS.png

Ren and Ken sure like peas a lot.

DRINKING-MILK.png

And they get some milk in their sippy cup. Yum!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

And here is the new couch that Sakura made for the living room.

THE-NEW-COUCH.png
    edited July 2021
    July - Day 20: "Remember, it's okay to change your mind about things you once thought you never would!"

XKrnfzd.png

Notes
    KlQ8sWp.png
    Josh snuck out to do a little fishing before anyone else got up Friday morning. It was nice knowing today there was no rush. Essa would get the girls up, fed and ready for school. Besides they needed fertilizer. It was a good excuse anyway.

7O2fiK4.png
    After the girls left for School, Essa began her first gig in the Freelance Crafter career. She'd talked with the client - check, made them a beautiful rug to their specifications - check, and sent it to them. No check. WHAT!? She stared at the screen absolutely livid.

lyfXyct.png
    *eye twitch*
    (The client paid me and sent a email about how much they love the rug. WHY isn't the gig complete?)
    (Is it a computer glitch? Maybe try making another one?)

So that's what she did. Essa made a second and then a third rug going through the motions and each time, the gig would not complete.

ukVQ29J.png
    "HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO FINISH MY ASPIRATION IF THE GIG WON'T COMPLETE!? AHHHHH!"

OhccnMp.png
    (Hey, Watcher, can you help me out here?)
    Sure thing, but you should still make 5 things at least, okay? Go ahead and talk with two more clients, see what they want, make it, send it and then I'll take care of it for you.
    (Sweet!)

eXC5S9r.png
    I don't know if it was the patch that messed up the Freelance Crafter career or what, but the gigs just would not complete. I restarted, I did a repair, I tried a brand new save, took out my one itty bitty Mod and my extremely minimal CC. Nothing worked! So to make it fair, I had Essa go through the motions of doing 5 gigs for the aspiration.

She would chat with the client, make the item, send it, get paid and then I had her quit that gig and do another one five times. After that, I had to cheat to complete that milestone, which was the last one for the aspiration. I'm still going to say Congratulations Essa, because she DID do the milestone even if the game would not recognize it for whatever reason. *sigh*

Essa has now finished both aspirations for the month and will work on finishing the Lady of the Knits aspiration.

hnGkzC9.png
    "Well this is cool! We're both knitting again, together. Bummer about the other thing, I know you were looking forward to it."
    "It's okay, now we have more free time to spend together, just you and me, and with the girls, to do whatever we want!"
    "Excellent!"

cAIQyWv.png
    "What's this? A gift for me?"
    "Yeah, just a little something to thank you for taking care of the girls. It's not much, but I made it myself."

GfFOhpL.png
    "Aww, Beautiful, you didn't have to do that. I love taking care of them. You know that."
    "I know, but I wanted to, check it out!"

LOU1wyR.png
    "I hope you like it."
    "Oh...a black rug. It's...nice."
    "You don't like it?"

BW1twnE.png
    "I like it, it's...nice. But you you already made me one."
    "You're kidding right? Great, now it doesn't count."
    "Count for what?"
    "Oh come on Babe, you know."
    "Man, that's right! Uh... Oh My God! I love it!"
    "Too late. Guess where you're sleeping tonight."
    "Um, the dog house?"
    "We don't have a dog."

tYguZj7.png
    *Woof*

CDFRwbi.png
    The next day was Saturday. Essa, Josh and the girls spent time together just relaxing and having fun; playing with the dollhouse, tending the garden together, going fishing again, and then the girls had some time on the laptops to play Keyboard Commander before going to bed. Since they were older now, and the Community Center was just around the corner, Essa and Josh left them on their own for a couple hours instead of calling Kat.

Both dumpsters were full to the brim, so each took one and dove in to look for treasures.

wMO7Elc.png
    "Wow, look Babe, Northern Lights! So beautiful, the stars are twinkling extra bright right now too."
    "Uh, that's not stars, I just did a Scrubaroo spell."
    "Oh."

IivZj1m.png
    It took a long time with lots of dives, but eventually Essa felt like she'd found all she could in her dumpster. Josh was still busy sifting through his, so Essa did a little stargazing while she waited for him to finish.

PqQylDa.png
    "WOW! I can't believe the Watcher let us do that, can you?"
    "No, but..."

fYOHE0R.png
    "I'm glad she did."
    "Mmm, oh yeah, me too!"

uMMWmjK.png
    "Pretty cool someone fixed that boom box. I like this station. What's it called again?"
    "METAL."
    "Okay, but how is this BRUTALLY DANCE TOGETHER? It's just normal dancing."
    "I don't know. Maybe because I'm making a fierce face?"
    "We should go home, check on the girls. We've been gone for way longer than we thought."
    "Yeah, we should. I'm hungry anyway."

69UpGOA.png
    "Do you think the Watcher will ever show anyone the screenshots of...what we did? You know she must've took some."

yesAQsc.png
    "What do you think?"
    "Nah, nobody wants to see that."
    "I wouldn't mind having a look."
    "Yeah, you would Mr. Horndog!"
    "You know it!" *wink*
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my July 20th post above! This update is just a wee bit different, kind of a 'break the fourth wall thing'. Just felt like changing things up a bit. Just for this post though, probably. :) I'll get started on comments/replies next. Might not finish though since it's late and I should get some sleep soon. The patch update, doing a repair and a bunch of other things while trying to fix the Freelance Crafter gig bug took a long time, so I didn't have much time left to play. Ah well, moving on... Hope y'all had a great day/night! <3
    @Karababy52
    lol I remember your comment on my update on Sakura and Wolfgang dumpster woohooing...."Ewwww....I would never let my sims do that!" lol....sure thing...okay...lol....right you are....hehehe...looks like Essa and Josh had their own plans! lol I recognize that pose...like Essa is picking off a banana peel from herself...oh yeah! I will comment on the whole post a bit later, but just wanted to get that in! lol
    edited July 2021
    Hi All! Just wanted to share a little screenshot of what happened when I went into my game after the update yesterday. Remember how I said toddlers didn't have "colored" hair....well....here we are...little Ren sporting purple hair. I didn't do this, he just got it when I went in. I thought it was funny. I changed it back to that original shade he had. But it was a bit of a shocker! Have a great day/night everyone!

update-july-20-how-is-rens-hair-purple.png
    @SoulGal7
    Ohhh, okay, I figured it must've been something like that. Understandable! Aww, I hope you get to see him soon! *Hugs* :)

Wow! Those bills are still high! At least they're not 10K anymore. Congratulations to Sakura for completing the Master of the Real aspiration! Gah! Bummer about those NAPs, hope they get both of them back to get rid of the trash. o.O Yay! Couch recipe! Essa's still waiting for the desk recipe. Cross your fingers! Oh what a cute little girl. Nice idea using her for a babysitter! Oh nice, they're going on another date. I wonder where they'll go. Cute selfie Wolfgang took with dirt on his nose. hehe

Yeah, Josh hasn't been doing much physical lately, except jumping in dumpsters. hehe And no time to keep sharp with the video games. You're right though, he has other important things to do. ;) Of course Josh doesn't want to be a vampire, but when Damon said he's missing out, it's lots of fun, he was talking about sparring, not being a vampire. Thanks! I actually have plans for next month this time. ;)

Aww, such a cute daily shot of Ken sleeping on the pouf! Me thinks the Inspector just likes 'inspecting' Wolfgang's muscles. ;):D HAHA! Oh man, poor Wolfgang. First he has to suffer changing stinky diapers, and then Ken gets defiant about it. Bummer his first word is 'No.' But you know, that's actually quite realistic. :D Little 'stinker' laughs later when he does get to change it afterall. Toddlers, gotta love 'em! ;) Man, they are so, so cute sitting in those highchairs! I never use those though, too much trouble in my experience. Glad they seem to be working for you though. :)

Eh? Whatever do you mean? Dumpster WooHoo? They wouldn't do that, would they? o.O *whistles innocently and points at title*

Aww, man, you should've left it purple! It's SO cute! I may be a bit biased though since my favorite color is purple. ;)

@permanentrose
    The SimRay and Satellite dish are so much fun eh? Tony does look happy. Probably because he doesn't have to wear a hot dog suit this time. hehe Weird how it didn't affect Sofia. o.O Congratulations to Jules for completing the Nerd Brain aspiration! hehe Oh boy, chances are pretty good he'll get abducted, especially if you set it to 'contact aliens.' I personally usually use it to keep them away. lol

@Ellupelluellu
    Nah, I don't want him too. In fact, I'm thinking I should try very hard to get her to agree to an introduction so they can be friends. :) Josh isn't doing much in the physical department lately, that's probably why. Malcom looks like he's bigger than Josh too. Josh is leaner than he was, still has the six-pack, but a lot of the bulk is gone. o.O Need to have him work-out more. I hope Damon understands why they couldn't say anything. They just felt like they should honor Inna's wishes. :)

Okay, it isn't just my imagination then. Ah well, you're right, she had two babies and she's been eating a lot of omelets and chicken stir fry lately. hehe Maybe I should have her do the Body Builder aspiration instead of Lady of the Knits next. Hmm...
    @SoulGal7 ,
    After all the playing with colors and making a mess with those, maybe he used some on his hair :p Looks good on him, btw :)
    @Karababy52 ,
    Ah so maybe Josh needs some gym visits too then :p Haha, or just send her jogging every morning and evening , its good way too :smiley:
    --Ouch, Josh at sofa :p And that is dumpster woohoo :D What you didn't picture and "never" let them have :smiley:
    Yes there is some bugs in gigs, cause of the patch, as it was huge patch.. but if I recall right that one career already has similar bug before. Not sure tho. I'll pm you about your tiny mod :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top