Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

MC Command Center Local Help/Chat Thread

Comments

• JyotaiJyotai Posts: 505 Member
    I've read in a couple of places that there is an option in MCCC to disable marriage for a specific sim, but I cannot find it. All I can find is options to disable random marriage for groups of or all sims.

I've got a dynamic with one 'townie family' where I want two adults living together with their teenage daughter, but these adults are those sort of people that 'don't believe in the idea of marriage'. So I want them living together, maybe even romantically involved, but never getting married - despite having autonomous marriage going in the rest of my save causing all my townies to slowly group into families.

These two live in Del Sol Valley and just wanna do that 'Hollywood thing' of being beyond your social conventions... ;)

Does this setting exist? The places where I've found mention of it are all in older threads and they all say "the option in MCCC" without saying where that option is. Searching the terms "Marriage" and "Marry" on the MCCC website FAQ turned up a lot of ways to configure marriage settings overall, but not to let a specific sim opt out all by his or herself.

I don't use Discord because it doesn't support multiple accounts and I don't need folks at work wondering what I'm doing even on my own time. Until Discord catches up with every single other voice / video conferencing system, I limit where I use it:
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    Jyotai wrote: »
    I've read in a couple of places that there is an option in MCCC to disable marriage for a specific sim, but I cannot find it. All I can find is options to disable random marriage for groups of or all sims.

I've got a dynamic with one 'townie family' where I want two adults living together with their teenage daughter, but these adults are those sort of people that 'don't believe in the idea of marriage'. So I want them living together, maybe even romantically involved, but never getting married - despite having autonomous marriage going in the rest of my save causing all my townies to slowly group into families.

These two live in Del Sol Valley and just wanna do that 'Hollywood thing' of being beyond your social conventions... ;)

Does this setting exist? The places where I've found mention of it are all in older threads and they all say "the option in MCCC" without saying where that option is. Searching the terms "Marriage" and "Marry" on the MCCC website FAQ turned up a lot of ways to configure marriage settings overall, but not to let a specific sim opt out all by his or herself.

I think it's something that needs to be flagged on the individual sim. Sim flags, pregnancy, flags affecting marriage/relationships.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member

Yes, it is on the individual Sim. Summon them to your lot with the mailbox command. It's under Household commands, Summon Sim, then enter their full name. When they come to the lot, click on them and choose the MC menu. It's under the flags affecting pregnancy and marriage. You can mark them to never marry. There is also a flag to mark to never break up, which I use for some of my favorite NPC couples to ensure they won't get divorced. And for one formerly playable Sim who I made into an NPC, I flagged to never become pregnant because she hated children.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
  • StarGirl237StarGirl237 Posts: 5 New Member
    Hey, I have a question that might seem odd. Is MCCC a .zip file or .rar file? I want to download it but I can't get any .rar files(as in originally a .rar unzipped to a .package) to be read even after I unzip it. Does anyone know what type it is?
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Hey, I have a question that might seem odd. Is MCCC a .zip file or .rar file? I want to download it but I can't get any .rar files(as in originally a .rar unzipped to a .package) to be read even after I unzip it. Does anyone know what type it is?

It downloads as a ZIP file.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • StarGirl237StarGirl237 Posts: 5 New Member
    Thank you so much!!!
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,694 Member

Try this command from the sim's MCCC menu:
    Sim:MCCC > Sim Flags > MC Pregnancy > Flags Affecting Marriage/Relationships > Flag Never Marry
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    @Bonxie! Thank you for your ever-insightful guidance!
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    The latest Sims 4 patch to version v1.77.131 made a few changes that affected many mods, including MCCC.

Please wait for a MCCC hot fix!

Comment from Deaderpool, creator of MCCC:
    deaderpool wrote:
    Yesterday's update for Sims 4 for the Cottage Living expansion has broken some things, as expected. For MCCC, it's really just UI things. If you decide to update, you're not going to be able to go into settings to change things. If your settings never change and you don't care about that, then from everything we've heard so far, all of the core MCCC functionality still works fine. There is an error when the game first launches, but that's just from the "Welcome to MCCC" dialog notification, and is again part of the UI and not actually affecting the core processes.

Stay tuned - I'll inform you, as soon as new information is available.

You might also visit @luthienrising's broken mods thread here in the forums:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991971/broken-updated-mods-cc-july-21-cottage-living-patch/p1

If you have any questions please ask,
    or visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/mccc

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
    Message from @luthienrising from her broken mods thread.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/991971/broken-updated-mods-cc-july-21-cottage-living-patch/p1

This is serious! Please don't ignore the warning.
    This patch has been VERY hard on mods. Many, many, many mods are not listed as broken yet because some modders are so busy trying to fix things they haven't provided broken lists or have only noted some key things. Many mods that are not reportable on the Official Forums have MAJOR issues. Please play only with confirmed fine or updated mods. If you play with mods that can't be reported on the forums or that are from modders who have a lot of those mods, please do NOT rely only on the lists here.

MCCC isn't also updated so far. It has UI issues, so you can't change settings at the moment.

• MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited July 2021
    Question: I'd like to play CoL when it releases but for that I will obviously have to patch my game. I am using MCCC in my current save. If I take out MCCC and play that save, then put MCCC back in once it is updated and play that save with MCCC again will I have any issues?

For example, I have some sims flagged with MCCC for various things. If I play the save without MCCC obviously those flags will be removed. If I then play that save again with MCCC after it's updated, will those flags be reapplied again?
    edited July 2021
    Question: I'd like to play CoL when it releases but for that I will obviously have to patch my game. I am using MCCC in my current save. If I take out MCCC and play that save, then put MCCC back in once it is updated and play that save with MCCC again will I have any issues?

For example, I have some sims flagged with MCCC for various things. If I play the save without MCCC obviously those flags will be removed. If I then play that save again with MCCC after it's updated, will those flags be reapplied again?

It depends on the options you're using: If you use longer life spans it might be that some sims will die because of age when you remove MCCC. Also there are issues when you use game time speed or more than 8 sims per HH. Best idea is always to make a backup of your game data to have a fall back point.

Also make sure that mc_settings.cfg file is backuped, so that you don't have to redo all the settings you have changed.

As for the current mccc status: it works. The issues we see are a distorted user interface so you can't set or change options. But the mod behind works without problems. There is an error when the game first launches, but that's just from the "Welcome to MCCC" dialog notification, and is again part of the UI and not actually affecting the core processes.

So you can lieave MCCC in your game - don't touch it and you're fine.
  • SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    @Bonxie

Are you saying there is a way with MCCC to not have to go around every sim family I put flags on in the game when the version updates because it's something I dread every time there is an update as it takes me ages to do over. If I save the mc_settings.cfg file from my older mod download and put it in the newly updated MCCC mod does that mean all my settings will stay the same as before especially sim flags?
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @SPARKY1922 Before you update the new MCC when it finally launches is, drag the current settings cfg file from your mods folder and place it on your desktop or whatever file you use to back up your saves and what not, then when you get the updated version, remove the settings cfg file from the new one and place the older one that you backed up into the new MCC update.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

@BMSO

Thank you so much for that information I wish I had known to do that months ago it would have saved me so much repetitive pain every update haha
  • BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    @SPARKY1922 No problem.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

edited July 2021
    MCCC Hot Fix v2021.1.1 for the latest S4 game patch 1.77.131 released!

These updates should correct problems that came about from the Cottage Living patch, as well as introduce some necessary changes to the way the settings UI works now. Make sure to read the changelog so you understand what's been fixed and what's new in the mod.

You should all drop what you're doing right now and go update.

Update the rest of your mods while you're at it, too.

Find the download link on this page:
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases

Alternative DL site, just in case you're facing issues.
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-2021-54046096 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

If you are a Legacy user, stay on MCCC version 6.6.0.
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/releases
    https://www.patreon.com/posts/mc-command-6-6-0-31490960 - FREE DOWNLOAD!

You might also have a look at @luthienrising's post regarding broken mods and CC:

If you have any questions please ask,
    or visit our Discord: https://discord.gg/mccc

☆☆☆ Have Fun! ☆☆☆

#MCCC #Patch #Update
    Thank you @Bonxie I think I'll just play with MCCC still in since it sounds like that should be safe :)

MCCC update is now available.
    edited July 2021
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    @Bonxie

Are you saying there is a way with MCCC to not have to go around every sim family I put flags on in the game when the version updates because it's something I dread every time there is an update as it takes me ages to do over. If I save the mc_settings.cfg file from my older mod download and put it in the newly updated MCCC mod does that mean all my settings will stay the same as before especially sim flags?

If you don't want to keep redoing your settings in MCCC whenever you update the mod you must keep these three files from the old MCCC folder when you delete the other files. This is because they're what stores your settings.
    1. mc_settings.cfg
    2. mc_dresser.cfg
    3. mc_tuner.cfg

Note: You may only have the mc_settings.cfg file as the other two depend on whether you have made changes to MC Dresser and MC Tuner or not, if you don't it just means that you didn't need them.
    Bonxie wrote: »
    Thank you @Bonxie I think I'll just play with MCCC still in since it sounds like that should be safe :)

Thank you, just downloaded it. Prior to this I was playing CoL with the old version of MCCC - hopefully that was ok. Where can I see the change log for this version?
    edited July 2021
    Bonxie wrote: »

Thank you, just downloaded it. Prior to this I was playing CoL with the old version of MCCC - hopefully that was ok. Where can I see the change log for this version?

DP usually doesn't write an extra change log for the hot fixes, so the original change log for v2021.1.0 still is the current one.
    https://deaderpoolmc.tumblr.com/private/649411294067294208/tumblr_VVekScbkunaQPPpkg

But he wrote a comment on patreon:
    Deaderpool wrote:
    This is the hotfix for 2021.1.0 so it will work with EA’s Cottage Living update released earlier this week.

As a result of the changes made to dialogs, there have also been some changes to the way the settings UI works in MCCC. The setting dialogs that are single choice for the setting value, there will no longer be an OK button. There also will no longer be a DP icon to show the default options. Instead, there's a checkmark icon to show currently selected options. This is because the Sims 4 dialogs only shows selected rows in that dialog if a specific property is a specific value. However, if that property is that value, it also will not allow the dialog to "auto-accept" a choice without an ok button. And since there seems to be a bug in the dialogs and there is no "ok button" now so....

Also, there is no more "exit the setting menu" option. The "x" in the upper-right corner of all of the setting dialogs should now go back. Only way to exit the menu is closing until they all close or hitting ESC until they all close or whatever. Unfortunately, I lost the hacky way I had to even implement that previously now so I had to go this route.
    I'm having trouble with my game generating multiple versions of Agatha Crumplebottom and Agnes Crumplebottom. I now have seven of each in my game according to manage households and the number has risen since my previous check (when there were six Agathas and five Agneses). Apparently people without mods only have one of each so it seems like a mod issue. The only mod I have installed now is MCCC. Has anyone else had this happen?
    I'm having trouble with my game generating multiple versions of Agatha Crumplebottom and Agnes Crumplebottom. I now have seven of each in my game according to manage households and the number has risen since my previous check (when there were six Agathas and five Agneses). Apparently people without mods only have one of each so it seems like a mod issue. The only mod I have installed now is MCCC. Has anyone else had this happen?

I haven't heard of something like this so far. Do you use the tray import function from MCCC? The first thing I would check.
    Hi

Can anyone tell me if I can make my new cottage living animals immortal like I do with all my cats/dogs in the world with MCCC?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top