Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I was today years old when I realized that there exist pears in the game. I opened a package of autumn seeds and got... pears? I honestly didn't know they existed in the game. 😅

@Butterfreeguy There are pear trees in Willow Creek and Newcrest.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    If you have a club with Friendly socials as one of the club actions, you get "Talk about Grilled Cheese" as an available interaction.
    grilled-cheese.png
  • Options
    aspernaspern Posts: 18 Member
    I didn't know that feathers (from Cats & Dogs) can be transformed into cool wall decor.
    eJy0RzQ.png
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    I didn't know until just recently that in Sims3, the loading screen pics with prompts to "find the...(object)" weren't just to look at with my eyes to pass the time, but were meant to be clicked on for extra Life Satisfaction points I could earn for my sim while waiting!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    @Nushnushganay Whaaat? I didn't know that either. In fact I disabled those type of loading screens because I didn't get the point and just thought the only thing they did was look fancier (while slowing down loading).
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    I didn't know until just recently that in Sims3, the loading screen pics with prompts to "find the...(object)" weren't just to look at with my eyes to pass the time, but were meant to be clicked on for extra Life Satisfaction points I could earn for my sim while waiting!

@Nushnushganay you might want to also share that in the Sims 3 Things You Didn't Know thread. 🙂

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917439/sims-3-things-you-didnt-know/p44

• Options
    kokoro80kokoro80 Posts: 651 Member

I didn't know the cobwebs from the Vampires pack spawn spiders that randomly crawl around and dangle from a thread

TuOveUK.png
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    kokoro80 wrote: »

I didn't know the cobwebs from the Vampires pack spawn spiders that randomly crawl around and dangle from a thread

TuOveUK.png

Wholy krap! Really? Cool!
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    AelitaJezebelleAelitaJezebelle Posts: 5 New Member
    I just recently found out that you can leave cookies out for Father Winter and he'll eat them.
  • Options
    Sue_D_NimSue_D_Nim Posts: 2,553 Member
    SamDenny wrote: »
    I didn't know how to properly count generations until now. I have 6 instead of 7. The game doesn't go past Great-Grandxxx so I needed to count the 'greats' then add that grand myself. E.i. Laitha is the Greatx4 Grandmother of Miranda, which is puts them at 6 generations apart(4+1+1). Basically, Gen 1 is Gen 0, since the first 2 sims aren't related anyway. Ran into this while trying to figure out how cousins are calculated.

So the founders of the family aren't Generation 1 but Generation 0? Wow! That changes everything if you're playing a challenge. Oh well, danged if I'm starting over! lmao.
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    edited July 2021
    I did not know that pets could breed of their own will. I got a expecting puppies notification and I was like What the heck? It was bittersweet because the father passed like three sim hours after the notification. We got two puppies and they turned out pretty cute Dad was a Rottweiler and Mom is small mutt. They got their Dad's size and color. Their mom's shape and curly tail.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited July 2021
    I only just found out TODAY that you can have glass floors and can find them in Decorations > Misc with Island Living. All this time I've been seeing it in others' builds thinking it was a mod. I'm a melt.
    they/them or she/her
  • Options
    Admiral8QAdmiral8Q Posts: 3,326 Member
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    I only just found out TODAY that you can have glass floors and can find them in Decorations > Misc with Island Living. All this time I've been seeing it in others' builds thinking it was a mod. I'm a melt.

YES!!!! I love those glass floors! <3B)
    Reticulating Splines...
    9ODVlJh.png

• Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited July 2021
    I placed some dumpsters from Eco Lifestyle in San Myshuno with the T.O.O.L mod (takes objects off lot) mod by TwistedMexi and it looks like the people in animal costumes (who usually shows up and digs around in trash cans) will actually show up and dumpster dive in them.

hxmLekK.png
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    edited July 2021
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    @mlnov39 I have a goofball sim who always gets super playful and I always get worried that he'll make it to the hysterical stage and die.

Then I'll avoid Goofball :D

I wish they'd remove the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ emotional death feature. I'm a goofball irl and while I have been known to wax hysterical laughing on occasion, the only death it causes is social. :sweat_smile: Sims being able to die laughing, die of embarrassment, that doesn't improve immersion, and it's not the kind of "sense of humor" Sims 1, 2, and 3 had that Sims4 lacks. I mean, Sims4 Sims cannot die in a fight even if they lose a fight 10X, but they can die of embarrassment or laughter. :confused:
    Actually, if you fight an elder a couple of times the elder can die a little while after the fight, it just doesn’t happen immediately.
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    edited July 2021
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    mlnov39 wrote: »
    @mlnov39 I have a goofball sim who always gets super playful and I always get worried that he'll make it to the hysterical stage and die.

Then I'll avoid Goofball :D

I wish they'd remove the ❤️❤️❤️❤️ emotional death feature. I'm a goofball irl and while I have been known to wax hysterical laughing on occasion, the only death it causes is social. :sweat_smile: Sims being able to die laughing, die of embarrassment, that doesn't improve immersion, and it's not the kind of "sense of humor" Sims 1, 2, and 3 had that Sims4 lacks. I mean, Sims4 Sims cannot die in a fight even if they lose a fight 10X, but they can die of embarrassment or laughter. :confused:
    Actually, if you fight an elder a couple of times the elder can die a little while after the fight, it just doesn’t happen immediately.

Is this new? I tried it like 7 times and all they ever get is dazed. But that was almost 2 years ago. Maybe they've updated it since? You've inspired me to go try Sims4 again for the first time in forever, to go see! When I was trying to fulfill a requirement for an aspiration of Public Enemy I think it was, to "watch a Sim die" I tried to kill an elder by fighting and had to resort to seduction instead after nothing else worked.

@Nushnushganay you might want to also share that in the Sims 3 Things You Didn't Know thread. 🙂

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/917439/sims-3-things-you-didnt-know/p44

oops, will do that! Glad it helped someone else here too, though.

@logion that's so iconic, the racoon digging through the trash! Cool tip, too!

And for the current question, I found the last time I opened a Sims4 save, that the child my alien female got with Father Winter, had a "father winter's child" trait added to him! not sure what it does if anything, but there it is!
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Townie children can imitate living statues!
    child-imitates-statue.png

Or maybe it's just evil children? Miko tried joining in, an interaction available by clicking on the child; then she got sad because the child was evil, and Miko is good.
    child2.png

• Options
    GirlFromIpanemaGirlFromIpanema Posts: 843 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm really sorry if these have been mentioned already (or are things everyone already knows and I'm just slow :disappointed: ).

1. In City Living, Sims can look out of the large windows in apartments with the "great view" trait.
    2. In Dine Out, if you ask the waiters to bring out a cake, Sims will sing to the birthday sim while they blow out their candles.
    3. Alexander Goth has brown eyebrows, which may mean he dyes his hair black and his natural colour is brown.
    4. In the Political Career, you can secure votes with the same Sims over and over after a certain amount of time has passed - so you don't need to find 20 different Sims to vote for you.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    A sim who already has a degree and goes back to university for another one will start out with 4 credits from the getgo and only needs 8 more, meaning the second (and any future) degree can be earned in two sim weeks if they always take four classes at once. At first I thought this was a beneficial side effect of completing the Academic aspiration the first time around, but the reward trait doesn't say anything about it, so I'm not sure.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,345 Member
    Wow! I need to read this thread more often. I just glanced at the most recent page out of curiosity this morning, and already learned four things I didn't know. :lol:
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,111 Member
    This is probably embarrassing, but I just learned about Patchy the Scarecrow in another thread. I had no idea he existed, but he sounds awesome. :D
  • Options
    WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    I see this in game options for the first time.

ReikxWG.png
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Wolfium wrote: »
    I see this in game options for the first time.

ReikxWG.png

This came with the Bills update system patch just before Eco Lifestyle.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Discovered recently the max amount that can be in a household account is 9,999,999 Simoleans, anything more added to that gets lost. Got it just above 10 million once when moving the household but when a lingering small royalty payment came in it rounded back down to 9,999,999

Just maybe my game play is just a bit imbalanced? ;)
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    Archie128Archie128 Posts: 94 Member
    I didn't know there are also festivals in Sulani! 🙁

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top